As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PokemonGO] Now with weather effects!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yes, there's a cap of 50 coins per 24h.

It's stupid, but that's how they keep their cash money flow coming.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    pffffffffffshhhhhhhhhh niantic

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I never got any pokecoins until the rework though. All the gyms around me were level 10 with min 2400 CP mons (and my max at the time was like 1800 CP, I'm only just now hitting 2500 with my vaporeon and gyrados).

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    My highest is just under 2400 (Gyrados)

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Yes, there's a cap of 50 coins per 24h.

It's stupid, but that's how they keep their cash money flow coming.

It's how they made gyms actually accessible to mere mortals. Previously gyms would attract like 10 of the strongest Pokemon and just sit there for months.

If they didn't have the limit I guarantee all the gyms in your area would have Pokemon from like the same six people.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    can you take pokemon out of gyms?

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Sadly no, not yet at any rate. I have a Primape who has been stuck in the same gym in Nowheresville (i.e. Ellensburg) Washington for 54 days.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    I have no idea if adding the ability to remove Pokemon from gyms would cause power players to exploit the shit out of it and make life harder for everyone else. Probably?

At any rate, the lesson here is to only put your third-string Pokemon in gyms and never, ever plunk down a Pokemon in a very small town you don't live in.

• Options
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I have no idea if adding the ability to remove Pokemon from gyms would cause power players to exploit the shit out of it and make life harder for everyone else. Probably?

At any rate, the lesson here is to only put your third-string Pokemon in gyms and never, ever plunk down a Pokemon in a very small town you don't live in.

Always Dunsparce

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, we we actually moving in the car, and I just happened to scroll and hit the Primape. At least I have a Mankey I could walk and evolve that has the same exact IV (but for defense instead of HP, I think?) if I need another Primape. But yeah, I only put sort-of powerful critters into gyms even in the area. Or the "not making much headway in battle" Pincer I caught recently that, without upgrades, is 1800ish CP, and my second highest CP 'mon.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I throw random ones in there because having the same 4 show up is boring. I'm still shocked that I see people putting Blisseys in gyms.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I was on a bus yesterday. Noticed a major tourist spot downtown had 4 spots open(!!!) as I was passing it, threw in the first thing I could click on, it was full about 5 seconds later. 2 minutes later, my rattata had returned to me.

This is why people still put Blisseys in gyms.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Maybe I'll start putting in my miltank for fun

• Options
    Dracil wrote: »
    I was on a bus yesterday. Noticed a major tourist spot downtown had 4 spots open(!!!) as I was passing it, threw in the first thing I could click on, it was full about 5 seconds later. 2 minutes later, my rattata had returned to me.

This is why people still put Blisseys in gyms.

I had a caterpie last an entire day in a gym right in the middle of our Downtown once. I think the gym must have had several raid battles spawn on it to keep my caterpie safe.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »

Always Dunsparce

One day, Dunsparce will have its time to shine.

Not this generation. And probably not the next. But one day, it will evolve into a new form, and that new form will be a reigning terror.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

Miltank is actually a decent defender. It's not top tier sure, but it's on the list which is better than 90% of Pokémon.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Haven't managed to raid at all this week- with general raid enthusiasm dying down, and working late, by the time I'm off work nobody is out and about. Thankfully I have all of the legendaries, but I'd like to simply do raids at more gyms to increase my chances of getting Mewtwo...

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

Miltank is actually a decent defender. It's not top tier sure, but it's on the list which is better than 90% of Pokémon.

Miltank is basically a worse Blissey, which sounds bad until you realize how brutally OP Blissey is as a defender. I defended with her a lot until I got enough Chansey candy for the evolve, and she's honestly a great addition to a gym that already has a Blissey, since people only have so many good fighting types and both of them have moves that are super effective against fighting.

• Options
    snagged a forretress at lunch today which was cool

first new pokemon I'd seen in quite some time

• Options
    Jeesh. This thread was on page 4 and the last post was made 5 days ago. Is Pokemon Go dead???

(Patch Notes)
    http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/ver-update-083017

Pokémon GO updated to version 0.73.1 for Android and 1.43.1 for iOS

Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.73.1 for Android and 1.43.1 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

Added the ability for Trainers to spin the Photo Disc at a Gym using the Pokémon GO Plus accessory.
    Added the ability to view the number of Trainers entered, and preparing, for a Raid Battle before using a Raid Pass.
    Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality by allowing Trainers to search through their Pokémon’s moves using the @ character.
    Resolved a bug which caused the Raid Boss to always break free from the last Premier Ball.
    Resolved a bug that prevented Trainers from seeing they’d received double XP from Raid Battles when using a Lucky Egg.
    Various bug fixes.

—The Pokémon GO team

• Options
    That's a really good patch. I've not played in a bit. The raids kinda burned me out.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    That's a really good patch. I've not played in a bit. The raids kinda burned me out.

I mean, I guess. Nothing that really makes me want to boot the game back up though :/ (and as a bonus, I give 0 shits about gen 3, since that was the gen I hated so much that it got me to quit Pokemon, so I don't think that'll even pull be back in like gen 2 did)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I mean, I guess. Nothing that really makes me want to boot the game back up though :/ (and as a bonus, I give 0 shits about gen 3, since that was the gen I hated so much that it got me to quit Pokemon, so I don't think that'll even pull be back in like gen 2 did)

That's how I felt shortly after last summer. You don't have to play it constantly/consistently. Just hop in whenever you're bored or events start up again!

• Options

Man. Talk about differing opinions.

Gen 3 was my favorite gen. Groudon and Kyogre are my favorite mascot legendaries, Team Magma and Team Aqua are my favorite villain groups, and my all time favorite Pokemon, Gardevoire came from this gen. Other favorites too, such as Blaziken, Aggron, Absol, Metagross, Dusclops... such a good generation. Can't wait!

• Options
    I will probably keep playing as long as my 6 year old continues to be obsessed about the game.

Taking him out to do raids and battle gyms has been some great father son time.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2017

Man. Talk about differing opinions.

Gen 3 was my favorite gen. Groudon and Kyogre are my favorite mascot legendaries, Team Magma and Team Aqua are my favorite villain groups, and my all time favorite Pokemon, Gardevoire came from this gen. Other favorites too, such as Blaziken, Aggron, Absol, Metagross, Dusclops... such a good generation. Can't wait!

Heh, I did like the legendaries. But I mostly felt a lot of the new pokemon were dumb compared to gen 1 and 2. Like, literally what the hell is Mawile? Or Gulpin, Meditite, freaking Solrock and Lunatone. God damn Probopass... like, gen 3 was when they completely ran out of ideas/animals to rip off I think :P Also all the surfing was kind of lame :P

I quit after that and didn't come back until X & Y. Which I sorta liked, but I think mostly just because I had been away for so long. The story of that game was pure trash. Sun & Moon was the first gen I've truly loved in a real long time (to the point I actually finished the pokedex).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I'm still playing, but there's just not much to talk about.

It's nice that they finally made the plus able to spin gyms, I came here to post that.

• Options
    Time for the puppy raids, starting today. Things are going a bit differently:
    Each of the three will appear in raid battles in one region at a time. From today until September 30, Raikou will appear in gyms in the Americas, Entei will appear in gyms in Europe and Africa, and Suicane will be in gyms in the Asia-Pacific region. On September 30, the Pokemon will swap locations for a month, and then swap one more time to their last remaining region on October 31, making the full set eventually available worldwide.

The invite-only raids are now EX raids, and will be tested in certain regions starting September 6 before getting a full rollout.

• Options
    Welp, I never got Moltres.

It seriously felt like it never spawned in my area. Every time I'd check scanners, I would see Articuno and Zapdos, but never Moltres. That's gonna really suck to be at 149/150 when Mewtwo comes out and be missing Moltres. Ugh.

• Options
    They really need a way for you to get more stardust. Even with the Plus watch I don't get enough to bring my guys up to the >2K CP mark.

• Options
    Time for the puppy raids, starting today. Things are going a bit differently:
    Each of the three will appear in raid battles in one region at a time. From today until September 30, Raikou will appear in gyms in the Americas, Entei will appear in gyms in Europe and Africa, and Suicane will be in gyms in the Asia-Pacific region. On September 30, the Pokemon will swap locations for a month, and then swap one more time to their last remaining region on October 31, making the full set eventually available worldwide.

The invite-only raids are now EX raids, and will be tested in certain regions starting September 6 before getting a full rollout.

this post is like a foreign language to me

• Options
    So with the new raid coming for us in the US: Raikou, it seems Rhydon and Golem are the best units. I'm so glad I powered them up.

• Options
    Good news: Niantic is taking feedback on the EX raids to adjust "eligibility requirements, frequency, times, locations, and durations," so there's a chance they could become less stupid.

• Options
    According to reports the Mewtwo fight is going to be hard as hell. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to do anything useful in the fight.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    What is an ex raid?

• Options
    edited August 2017
    EX is a term taken from the Pokemon TCG.

In the card game, EX Pokemon are extra-strong versions of Pokemon, and they award bonus prize tokens when they are defeated. And they also a lot of the time allowed you to skip the evolutionary chain. So if you played a Charizard-EX, you could throw Charizard straight down on the table without having to first play Charmander->Charmeleon.

So in this context, they seem to just be going with the extra-strong portion of that. Basically, it's a signifier that Mewtwo is a badass.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    What is an ex raid?

It's a raid that you have to be invited to, and invitations are randomly sent based on where you've raided in the past.

....we know, it's the most annoying thing ever.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Ok. Just didn't know the terminology.

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    I give 0 shits about gen 3, since that was the gen I hated so much that it got me to quit Pokemon, so I don't think that'll even pull be back in like gen 2 did)

I will catch different color poo as long as it adds something to my Pokedex. Catching the new things and evolving them are the only things I actually enjoy in this game. I won't bother catching the same poo in special hats though. I draw the line there.

EX is a term taken from the Pokemon TCG.

In the card game, EX Pokemon are extra-strong versions of Pokemon, and they award bonus prize tokens when they are defeated. And they also a lot of the time allowed you to skip the evolutionary chain. So if you played a Charizard-EX, you could throw Charizard straight down on the table without having to first play Charmander->Charmeleon.

So in this context, they seem to just be going with the extra-strong portion of that. Basically, it's a signifier that Mewtwo is a badass.

I have an 8 year old. If your child has a deck that isn't full of EXs, he/she ain't shit. Just like how if you play Pokémon Go and don't do Facebook or have friends to do Raids with you, you ain't shit.

/no legendries still
    //ain't shit

NNID = Zepp914