As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PokemonGO] Now with weather effects!

• Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I still think they need to add a region selection option from a menu. Pick the region you want Pokemon to populate for. And if they need to restrict this, put it on like a 1 week lockout so that people aren't switching regions back and forth all willy nilly.

Furthermore, after a region is maybe 2 generations behind (as an example) they should dramatically increase the spawn rate on rares while you are running the aforementioned region selection. So if we're in Gen 3 now, and a person selects gen 1 as their active region, they should see only Gen 1 spawning, and have improved rates on the rare ones, since that's old content.

Nearly every long-running game has catch-up mechanics and that is exactly what this would do. It would be a catch-up mechanic for new players.

Also: Unrelated - they still need to do some sort of week-long "International Festival" and just spawn all the regionals for Gen 1 and Gen 2 everywhere. Give everybody worldwide a chance to catch the Pokes they don't normally have access to.

I like the idea, but keep in mind. This is the same company who said last summer, "Why do you need to catch them all?" or something along the lines.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Halloween event today, folks. Starting sometimes around noon PST from what I have gathered.

I am excited! New dex entries, plus ghost is my overall favorite type.

• Options
    Welp. They've got me. I'm dancing like a marionette on their strings. I went to the midday Mewtwo raid. Caught it. Caught an Entei while I was at the park too.

Also this afternoon I've caught Spooky Pikachu and Shuppet, plus a handful of Houndours, one Houndoom, and a Misdraevus. Have not seen Duskull yet.

Overall, a very profitable Pokemon afternoon.

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    I have only found a Sableye, but I was stuck at work all day.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Did my usual walk around campus a little after 3 today, caught several duskulls and shuppets with a few houndours and misdreavuses too. Almost have enough candy to evolve a shuppet already.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    That was a quick event!

Caught all 5 new ghosts and witch pikachu

Least I'm getting double candy

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Double candy event!
    Hatch my 10K egg!
    64 candy!
    ... for a Sudowoodo

• Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    I noticed how Super Incubators start with the 700ish gift package. Like Niantic is trying to tell us filthy casuals something....

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    What are super incubators? I'm guessing they just get a few more uses?

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

They're the incubators from the previous event. They hatch the eggs in 2/3rds the distance it normally takes.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Double candy event!
    Hatch my 10K egg!
    64 candy!
    ... for a Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo comes out of 10k??? Why?

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017

They're the incubators from the previous event. They hatch the eggs in 2/3rds the distance it normally takes.

Ah, was basically just logging in to get my daily catch there for a while and must have missed that one.
    discrider wrote: »
    Double candy event!
    Hatch my 10K egg!
    64 candy!
    ... for a Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo comes out of 10k??? Why?

The same reason pineco does. Niantic are trolls.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Waffen wrote: »
    I noticed how Super Incubators start with the 700ish gift package. Like Niantic is trying to tell us filthy casuals something....
    Niantic are trolls.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Already caught Duskull/Shuppet, and Double Candy + Pinap means I am super close to evolving both, to boot. I took some time this morning to clear out my Pokemon Storage, so getting double candy for some of the rarer things like Dratini was super nice.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    . . . I got the Pikachu with the witch hat?

*Casual Player Life*

• Options
    My Raid group has started joking that I am a filthy casual because I only show up on weekends and don't spend money on raid passes.

• Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I caught everything (and evolved Dusclops), but don’t have enough for Banette yet :sad:

QuantumShaddow on
    3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    I've caught everything except Shiny Sableye.

I have also earned enough candy to evolve everything. Heck, I've got enough Duskull candy to evolve all the way up to Dusknoir when Gen IV comes out. Been sitting on a stockpile of 100+ Pinap Berries specifically waiting for Gen 3.

Plus Ghost type is my favorite type so I'm extra motivated right now. Can't wait until Darkrai is in the game and I can run some Darkrai raids. I'm assuming based on its power, lore, and all of that that when the time comes, Darkrai might be another EX Raid pass type situation like Mewtwo.

• Options
    I think I’ve caught all the new ones. Looks like walking mons for candy is halfed for the event. Bad news is It’s been pouring rain all day. Can’t get this elephant one more distance :(

• Options
    I think I’ve caught all the new ones. Looks like walking mons for candy is halfed for the event. Bad news is It’s been pouring rain all day. Can’t get this elephant one more distance :(

Are you not a PacNorthwest native, then?

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Nah. Military has me stationed out here for another year

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Nah. Military has me stationed out here for another year.

That explains it, then. If you wait for the rain to clear, you might never get out there, even in a downpour like we had today. I live around Olympia, so I imagine you got hit by the same rain we did, and I was doing errands and walking around all day.

I got a bit damp, but that's to be expected. :wink:

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Sorry this is so late, but for those of you in the SoCal area, we have another Unown event this weekend. They’re spawning in downtown Long Beach around the Convention Center area for TwitchCon, the letters spell out “TWITCH” :o

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Hatched a Dratini in my 10k egg

GIMME ALL 34 CANDIES. Got myself a Dragonaire now. At this rate, I'll have a Dragonite by 2019.

• Options
    Started a 10k egg today (should have started it yesterday but a put in a 2k one without thinking about it). With double candy hoping for a larvitar, probably going to be a pineco...

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yea I dropped in a 10km to get moving to hatch right as the event started. Sudowoodo. Thanks game.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    5K Eggs here to the Horizon.

Still putting them in my super incubators because...hey, Double Candy is Double Candy.

GIMME ALL 34 CANDIES. Got myself a Dragonaire now. At this rate, I'll have a Dragonite by 2019.

I solved this by making Dratini my buddy. For six months. It helps that Apple Watch can track distance for Pokemon GO, of course.

I've caught over 100 Pokemon since the start of this event, it's great.

• Options
    TDawg wrote: »

I solved this by making Dratini my buddy. For six months. It helps that Apple Watch can track distance for Pokemon GO, of course.

I thought getting a Dragonite was a pipe dream, then I went on vacation in Florida (Disney), and dratinis were everywhere. Went from maybe 40 candy from eggs to the full 125 needed for for max evolution.

• Options
    Just hatched a Spooky Pichu on my lunch walk.

I've also caught several Spooky Pikachus, so I'll be able to evolve a Raichu and have the whole spooky family.

• Options
    TDawg wrote: »
    5K Eggs here to the Horizon.

Still putting them in my super incubators because...hey, Double Candy is Double Candy.

Oh damn. Be nice if fitbit did that. :(

Crazy luck, but I hatched a second Dratini. I could've evolved my 34 CP Dragonaire, but I didn't want to waste the candys on doing it. Evolved my "Simply Amazing, HP, Defense is strong" Dratini instead. Only need to walk my Dragonaire roughly 100 kms now to get it to evolve. Yay!
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Just hatched a Spooky Pichu on my lunch walk.

I've also caught several Spooky Pikachus, so I'll be able to evolve a Raichu and have the whole spooky family.

Yeah, I hatched one today too. Actually shocked me (No pun intended) that Pichu also had a hat.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    WRUDB7t.png

I now have two legendaries and my wife still has zero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc

• Options
    Caught two phanpy today, one at home and the other more than a two hour drive away from there. I've never even seen one before so catching two in one day in different locations was weird.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So the dumb Halloween thing got me to boot up the game a few times for the first time in like two months :/ I caught some ghosts and one Pikachu. I guess I am done until the next thing. Still hate how broken the game is (seriously, can I not stand in one spot without all the Pokemon disappearing because of GPS drift?!)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    They added some new pokemon to the raids. Mostly crappy ones.

Full list here: https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/raid-boss-list

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Looks like they did a subtle nerf to those who soloed tier three raids. Can’t have anything nice for this game, eh?

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Woops wrong thread.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Wartortle Raid makes my Blastoise dreams achievable. Very few people go after 4* raids these days, especially if its not TTar. Also, Magneton/Cloyster should help me finish out my Electric, Steel, and Ice Badges. Overall, I like these changes a lot.

TDawg on
  • Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    Yeah, there are 'mons on the new list I still need (I've never even seen a Sandshrew, let alone a Sandslash), or at least the top-tier evolutions of. I'm happy with the reshuffle.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I finally walked my one sandshrew into a sandslash

Took a couple months

Now on to alakhazam, machamp, and a few others

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I finally walked my one sandshrew into a sandslash

Took a couple months

Now on to alakhazam, machamp, and a few others

I was getting ready to do this but now I think I'll just capture a raid one!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.