As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PokemonGO] Now with weather effects!

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Does Waillord still squash gyms?
    I feel like that clipping was worth the price alone.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So is the 13th or the 14th the last day for kyorge?

steam_sig.png
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Is Milotic worth the 20km hike to level it?
    Also does anyone know if you have to evolve the exact Pokémon you walked?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Also does anyone know if you have to evolve the exact Pokémon you walked?

Yeah, each feebas has a separate bar. I assume that the eevolutions have the same thing, but hidden

steam_sig.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Does Waillord still squash gyms?
    I feel like that clipping was worth the price alone.

Nah, they fixed it.
    Spoit wrote: »
    So is the 13th or the 14th the last day for kyorge?

14th. I have a friend who can't catch the thing no matter how hard she tries. Her husband's taken to calling her Ahab.
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

It's not as good as Gyrados but it's a solid Pokemon. Vastly better than Wailord, at least. It could be a contender for raids. The bigger problem is getting enough candy to evolve it and finding a decent specimen to evolve, since it's so rare and and takes 5 KM per candy.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    The problem is that Feebas is incredibly difficult to find. Magikarp is a fairly common water type- if you're in an area that regularly spawns water types, your chances of finding a handful over the course of half an hour are pretty good. This means that, although it will take time, making progress towards getting a Gyarados is a reasonable task. Feebas, on the other hand, is a big Screw You to the players- I think I've only seen one spawn since it has debuted in game. And I have to catch over 100 of the suckers.

In the Gameboy/DS games, getting Feebas was a similarly Preposterous and Unreasonable undertaking, but at least once you had it, evolving it into Milotic was a pretty reasonable though abnormal task (Level Up w/ Max Beauty or Trade w/ Item).

Especially if they're gonna have Altaria and Wailord already filling in the "Get 400 Candy!" role, they needed some less obnoxious way to evolve your Feebas. Set it as your buddy and spin 10 stops with words like Sculpture or Fountain or Art in the title. Give that thing an education. Or something else! But something.

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    I don't think feebas is a 400 candy mon?

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2018

"Just" a 100 candy mon but it's arguably harder to evolve than Magikarp.

cloudeagle on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    That Dratini thing is this Saturday for people like me who stopped paying much attention to this game but still wanna catch some :P I hope I don't forget

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    cloudeagle wrote: »

"Just" a 100 candy mon but it's arguably harder to evolve than Magikarp.

I dunno, when I went down to the beach a few weeks ago, I caught like 4 of them. Which was more than the number of magikarps I saw

steam_sig.png
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It should be noted that the special move this time is actually on the dragonite, not the dratini and it is Draco-meteor. Evolving a dragonair during the event window will give you a chance to get draco-meteor. Only via evolving, using a TM will not result in draco-meteor.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Bam

Went from no medal to a silver medal and a shiny 3005 cp dragonite

6cgckpmi1cn6.png

Xaquin on
    I got 3 shinies just going out to lunch. None of them had good ivs, but I went ahead and evolved the highest CP one anyway.

steam_sig.png
  • Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    I came here to brag how special I am finding three shiny Dratinis and realized that I am not special. Haha!

I did evolve one to become a Green Dragonite. He has okay IV, but I'm okay with that. Ended up getting three Dragonite total from it and my Silver Dragon Badge. (Only took me since launch to evolve my Dragonair...) Hopefully next month is Tyranitar!

But yeah, it was way better with an actually useful Pokemon, instead of one you just wanted to get one of, for a trophy, and ignore the rest of the event

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2018
    That was pretty fun. I was stuck at work but luckily lots of Dratinis spawned there. I got one shiny, maybe I'll evolve that one... I think his IVs are bad but hell, it's not like I actually play this game anymore anyways

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    I was surprised how fast that Dratini valve shut off at 1400. I was like, "There was a bunch of clusters in my neighborhood I'll swing by on the way home". Nope. As soon as 1400 hit, every Dratini despawned.

edited February 2018
    I only got 1 shiny Dratini today, but my friend's daughter caught 6. SIX. I don't even like shiny Dragonite, but I swear to god...

I am still very glad with this event and look forward to next month's.

TDawg on
    Shiny dragonite is super ugly

but at least I got one!

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Shiny dragonite is better than regular imo.

I accidentally transferred two shinies because they weren't actually pink on my screen. I still got one level 31, so it's fine.

I got almost 400 candy and I only played for like half the event time, it was crazy.

Next community day is probably Bulbasaur, someone found a picture on niantics webserver.

Be nice if they did events that just massively switched biomes

I've still never seen a grimer or a voltorb

Shiny Dragonite is the best cause you can name them Elliott

steam_sig.png
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    That's what I named mine.

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Just found a party hat Pikachu, didn't know that was coming back.

Leeks wrote: »

Warlock82 wrote: »

Would be nice if more things got mentioned in app. Thanks for pointing that out.

edited February 2018
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Would be nice if more things got mentioned in app. Thanks for pointing that out.

Knowing them, it will be mentioned on the 28th :P And yeah, I just happened to notice the tweet after seeing your post

Warlock82 on
    I got a popup in the app?

steam_sig.png
    Everytime I get a notification, I can see the first few words and when I click on it it takes me to the previous news item

PokemonGo is a very poorly designed game

I just got the popup about 30 seconds ago.

Not sure if anyone is still playing this since it seems to have gone dead, but an egg event just started today (yesterday?). Double stardust, double candy from eggs and 2km eggs can hatch 5 and 10km mons.

steam_sig.png
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I'm still playing daily but there's not much to talk about.

Magell wrote: »
    Plus community day is Saturday with Bulbusaur if I'm remembering correctly.

It is Sunday this time around. Like last time the special move is on the venusaur, so you need to evolve to a venusaur within the time period.

steam_sig.png
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    Plus community day is Saturday with Bulbusaur if I'm remembering correctly.

It is Sunday this time around. Like last time the special move is on the venusaur, so you need to evolve to a venusaur within the time period.

Keep in mind Niantic's wording is a little misleading. If you capture a Bulbasaur during the event but evolve him later, you won't get the move. I learned that the hard way during the Dratini event.

I had planned my day around being available for Community Day, only to realize it is tomorrow. Can't make it tomorrow, so...meh.

Good that they're rotating it so people who are consistently busy on Saturdays have an opportunity to make it.

edited March 2018
    Oh. The event is tomorrow? No wonder why I didn’t see any Bulbasaurs today

Waffles or whatever on
    It has been raining all week but today was nice and sunny- though the game said it was "Cloudy", but that's fine because Bulbasaur gets the Poison boost during cloudy weather anyway. I was able to make it for about 45 minutes today- caught two shinies, one of them was pretty good (high CP, reasonable IVs), so I evolved it right away. It is great seeing the community come out in full force every month.

Maybe it was just that I wasn't able to make it to where the spawn rates were really good, but it felt like the Bulbasaur rate was a lot lower than the Dratini one. Last time it felt like 3/4 or so if the spawns were Dratinis, and the rate itself seemed like twice as high as it usually was. Whereas today, it felt like the rate was the same as normal, and only like 1/3 of them were bulbas

steam_sig.png
    It seemed to me that the Bulba spawn rate was equal to or only slightly lower than Dratini.

But the thing a few of my friends noticed is that the IVs on community day Pokemon are low. Highest I got was 82.

Looks like the thing to do is to land a high-IV community day Pokemon before the event and evolve it.