As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Duty] BLOPS IIII out now, and pretty good despite Activision's best efforts.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Uss Texas is ruined by the spawns 9/10 games irregardless of game mode.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Couldn't play much this weekend. Too much hitmarker bullshit causing me to get salty and tense up, which was aggravating a neck injury... heh.

Are all LMGs fuckin shit, or is it just the Lewis? Was trying to do the get kills order as Armored on winter maps. Ended up going armored but just using my Gewehr and other non useless categories of guns.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Couldn't play much this weekend. Too much hitmarker bullshit causing me to get salty and tense up, which was aggravating a neck injury... heh.

Are all LMGs fuckin shit, or is it just the Lewis? Was trying to do the get kills order as Armored on winter maps. Ended up going armored but just using my Gewehr and other non useless categories of guns.

Wait, you like the semi autos but hate the Lewis? Legit confused. The Semi Auto rifles are terrible, the Lewis is great. Take Infantry division, Hustle, (a must for all lmgs), Grip for long range accuracy, and don't rush. Infantry will allow you to take corners while adsing, and give you extra mags to really lay down the fire. The extra attachment is nice to.

In fact, while in at:
    Expeditionary is great for Assault Rifles (actual full auto ones). I rarely miss my bayonet and love having all the grenades, especially on objective game modes where I can flush out enemies and then cover my own advance with smoke.
    Airborne is fun to use shotguns with. The extra movement speed helps.
    Like I said, infantry is fun to run on lmgs. Also nice with the Waffe, MP40 and PPSH for the glorious combo of Grip, Steady Aim and Extended Mags.

• Options
    All I know is enemies die more reliably when I shoot them with the Gewehr vs the Lewis.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Have they said what's going to happen to all the loot once winter siege is over? I want the helmets and uniforms but my luck has been rotten. I hope they don't go away, I want a chance to get them but no but out options for everything ala MWR sucks and feels like a way to drive loot boxes buying.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The lewis is 3 shot kill with controllable recoil, a decent fire rate and okay irons. The only reason I could fathom not liking it is if you're running around corners trying to challenge people with it, which is just not what LMGs are for.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Guys...GUYS, I took out a supply drop plane last night with my Panzerschrek! I might have yelled out loud. I don't even know if it was before or after the drop, I was just so excited that it actually hit for once.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Guys...GUYS, I took out a supply drop plane last night with my Panzerschrek! I might have yelled out loud. I don't even know if it was before or after the drop, I was just so excited that it actually hit for once.
    Congratulations!

I think you did it before the drop because your replay shows a little green icon which may or may not be the icon of the Return Fire challenge that says “shoot an airplane before it drops its supply drop or paratroopers”.
    There’s also a similar one where you have to shoot an airplane before it drops its (incendiary) bombs :eh:

In similar news, I’ve done both “kill 100 scorestreaks” with the Panzershrek and the Bazooka, so now it becomes the trick to get them both to gold camouflage...

Maybe I should be using it in HC objective modes in the hope that I damage 2 people at the same time, because for now I’ve only managed to get a double kill once by shooting 2 infantrymen with 2 different rockets...

Launched is by far my favourite ribbon, and I seem to be the only one shooting airplanes :sad:
    Am I the healer in my team :lol: ?

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Congratulations!

I think you did it before the drop because your replay shows a little green icon which may or may not be the icon of the Return Fire challenge that says “shoot an airplane before it drops its supply drop or paratroopers”.
    There’s also a similar one where you have to shoot an airplane before it drops its (incendiary) bombs :eh:

In similar news, I’ve done both “kill 100 scorestreaks” with the Panzershrek and the Bazooka, so now it becomes the trick to get them both to gold camouflage...

Maybe I should be using it in HC objective modes in the hope that I damage 2 people at the same time, because for now I’ve only managed to get a double kill once by shooting 2 infantrymen with 2 different rockets...

Launched is by far my favourite ribbon, and I seem to be the only one shooting airplanes :sad:
    Am I the healer in my team :lol: ?

I'm in the same boat for my launchers. Bazooka I need 2 more double kills to finish off all the camo, Schrek I've got a couple other things to do as well. It's much more doable with the Panzerschrek since it can actually do damage to people (which, ironically, makes it a little harder to get the 10 direct fire kills on). The bazooka you really have to get lucky with flanking a team to get the double kill. I usually try it in war since sometimes you can flank the enemy team pushing objective and get your kills (and then immediately die).

• Options
    I feel like all my winter drops are dupes. Is crazy the rate of dupes im seeing, and I still have plently of things to unlock.

I hope the items don't go away once the even is over, I quite like a lot of them.

• Options
    There is this contract that says “play 25 matches in 8 hours” but it only counts actual time played, so it’s easy to complete, and rewards a Winter Bribe, which is a chest with 3 Winter cards. You can complete it over several days, no need to marathon those 25 matches...

• Options
    So, my Winter Bribe contract won't track. I abandon it and now it says I completed it. We're we only supposed to get one?

• Options
    So, my Winter Bribe contract won't track. I abandon it and now it says I completed it. We're we only supposed to get one?
    I guess so... It would’ve been nice to get more than one Winter Bribe contract, because there’s a bucketload of emblems, hats and calling cards.

I have been lucky the last few days, getting a heroic Ice Pick and a heroic GPMG out of a winter box.
    It can’t be duplicates all the time, can it? :wink:

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    yeah I got my first winter bribe, second one wouldn't track. abandoned it and picked it back up still wouldn't track. my first bribe was all dupes.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I just got my first angry message this CoD.

A simple "Die" - a delightful, understated classic.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Hate mail was one of my favorite parts of CoD.

I got called a "shotgun bitch" in a message one day. Especially happy about that since I think that was due to a good day in MW2 with the M1014. I think I got a couple good ones in Blops too when I ran around wearing Flack Jacket and carrying an RPG. You could use the RPG as a CQ weapon w/ FJ on (just fire it at your feet, and enjoy the rage) and it was the fucking best.

• Options
    Double XP 24/7 Nuketown weekends were the best thing in BLOPS. Flack Jacket/RPG/Frags

*muah*

Byootiful.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

I got called a "shotgun bitch" in a message one day. Especially happy about that since I think that was due to a good day in MW2 with the M1014. I think I got a couple good ones in Blops too when I ran around wearing Flack Jacket and carrying an RPG. You could use the RPG as a CQ weapon w/ FJ on (just fire it at your feet, and enjoy the rage) and it was the fucking best.

I'm pretty sure this one was because of a shotgun too, amusingly. I got play of the game (in an otherwise mediocre round) with an opening kill on a sniper, and then a spin around that got me a 2 for 1 with a single blast on a pair of snipers coming up some stairs to camp out with the guy I just got.

I don't understand how you could get that annoyed by something like that, but I love it. I don't think I actually got any messages like that during the last two cods.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »

I'm pretty sure this one was because of a shotgun too, amusingly. I got play of the game (in an otherwise mediocre round) with an opening kill on a sniper, and then a spin around that got me a 2 for 1 with a single blast on a pair of snipers coming up some stairs to camp out with the guy I just got.

I don't understand how you could get that annoyed by something like that, but I love it. I don't think I actually got any messages like that during the last two cods.

Everybody was numb in the last two cods because of the ever present stage of rage.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Yay, I got my golden Panzershrek :biggrin:

• Options

Nice work!
    I just need my direct hits and double kills. Then just 2 more doubles on my bazooka and I've got diamond!

• Options

Nice work!
    I just need my direct hits and double kills. Then just 2 more doubles on my bazooka and I've got diamond!
    I’m in the same boat! 4 direct hits and 5 double kills with the bazooka and I’m there too! (but I like the Shreck more).

But why oh why do most weapons need 100 headshots for the camos :sad:

• Options
    I think the G43 might be the worst gun in the game. Three shot kill with a small mag? The M1 Carbine is much better than this gun.

Also not sure what Sledgehammer is trying to do with the mgs in this game. Long reload times made sense when you got 100 round mags, but on 30 or 50 round mgs? Also their spare ammo is only 2 mags/belts/clips, which again makes sense on 100 round mgs but not these.

You can take an STG 44, slap on extended mags, and have more ammo than most machine guns in this game, plus have a faster reload. Its just wrong.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    I think MGs have kinda been lost to the void for a real niche for a while, probably since 4. Outside innately having great bullet penetration as a class there's not really a compelling reason to use them outside of gimmick classes most of the time with all the penalties (movement speed, reload time) they come with.

That said, I do love my stupid gimmick classes.

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I think MGs have kinda been lost to the void for a real niche for a while, probably since 4. Outside innately having great bullet penetration as a class there's not really a compelling reason to use them outside of gimmick classes most of the time with all the penalties (movement speed, reload time) they come with.

That said, I do love my stupid gimmick classes.

The MG4 and RPD from MW2 were great though.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Most of the time. I will not harbor ill words about my M60.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I think the G43 might be the worst gun in the game. Three shot kill with a small mag? The M1 Carbine is much better than this gun.

Also not sure what Sledgehammer is trying to do with the mgs in this game. Long reload times made sense when you got 100 round mags, but on 30 or 50 round mgs? Also their spare ammo is only 2 mags/belts/clips, which again makes sense on 100 round mgs but not these.

You can take an STG 44, slap on extended mags, and have more ammo than most machine guns in this game, plus have a faster reload. Its just wrong.

Reminder: the sawed-off shotgun exists.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SLyM wrote: »

Reminder: the sawed-off shotgun exists.

I actually hate the G43 more than the Sawed Off to be honest.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    G43 is bae in hardcore. MGs are also bae in hardcore since they're basically super accurate oneshot deathlazors.

also getting called a cheater for killing dudes across gustav with the double barrel's rifle cartridge is priceless

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqV1ei1uzGo

They remade one of my fave MW3 maps!

I just wish they'd go the free DLC route since they sell lootboxes now. I hate how the packs split the community, would be so much better if they were just integrated into the game for everyone =/

• Options
    Haven't played in a few days, but fired the game up tonight. Not sure how I feel about the spawns in Gun Game. I don't normally play FFA, so I don't know if they're normally that bad. Almost won a game, but took forever to get a kill with the Kar98 ironsights. By the time I finally got the kill and moved to shovel/throwing knife, I kept whiffing on the knife... someone ended up beating me to the punch. Ah well...

Finally finished the Sten order though, so I got that. Haven't used it yet, but played around a bit in the firing range. That thing has a pretty tight hipfire spread without steady aim, so that's kinda neat. All Marksman SMG challenges done as well (except Sten)! Not camos though. Not sure I'm going to go for camos.

• Options
    The Sten feels pretty nice for me in Hardcore when shooting from the hip.

I’m now enjoying the Mad Bomber approach with Concussed on an Expeditionary with Sticky Bombs and Concussion Grenades :razz:
    I get so disappointed when I have to use my gun :lol:
    I so like starting with 2 each though :biggrin:

I was disappointed with Serrated on the Expeditionary because it said I would have 3 knives but it only gives me 2 :eh:

• Options
    I've previously spoken nice words about the gewehr, and I wish to retract them. It's going to be a frustrating slog to 500 kills with that turd...

• Options
    I got my first lobby of Christmas Privates this morning. It went pretty well for my team. Funny how not playing against full teams of mountain quickscopers makes the game a whole lot more fun!

Unrelated, I managed to get a combat shotgun incendiary double kill with one shot!

• Options
    4x scope, grip, and rapid fire are mandatory for the gewehr. It's like night and day after popping those attachments on there!

• Options
    Those Winter Bribes can’t give you duplicates. Nice!

• Options
    Those Winter Bribes can’t give you duplicates. Nice!

This is true! But you can still easily get nothing good. I think I opened 3 Bribes total during the event and got 2x Rare 1x Common in each one.
    Luckily, I finally got my first variant last night in a regular winter drop, Epic Sten stripey thing.

• Options
    Yeah, I bought every grey, blue and purpke I didn’t have in the Winter Siege collection, so that my Winter Bribe chest will get me sweet loot.

I will probably get heroic calling cards/emblems...

• Options
    Expeditionary has been growing on me lately. Constantly moving in tight areas, planting mines for anyone who follows me to get blown up, then being able to resupply all the time.
    And I get to do shotgun ninja stuff!