As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Duty] BLOPS IIII out now, and pretty good despite Activision's best efforts.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Played the beta. Liked it not sure why it was getting so much shit online.

Bunnyhopping was a bit annoying though.

At least it isn't the full ZouZou effect and is just corner hopping

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    CoD is the only game where I feel I'm at a detriment if I ADS.

Getting center mass shots on some dude? Oops, they're jumping in the air while shooting.

KA5GaEv.jpg

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'm surprised I was hitting positive KDRs after a few matches on PC. On one hand, man I love me some CODs. I just don't find R6S or Overwatch as fun. On the other hand, man I know feel Bnet COD will be dead in a few months. I still think this game should be a 40$ release but hey no one wants to devalue the brand.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    People are still doing that WW2 hopping around bullshit? I really hated that...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Was wondering when this was going to happen. Wonder no more.

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    I played a few rounds of MW2 MP last night. T'was honestly fun as heck. Didn't run into any hacks, or anyone running OMA tubes.

I am horrible and sooooooooooooooooo out of practice though. Started my first match on Scrapyard and did a lot of yelling. :lol:

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    I played a few rounds of MW2 MP last night. T'was honestly fun as heck. Didn't run into any hacks, or anyone running OMA tubes.

I am horrible and sooooooooooooooooo out of practice though. Started my first match on Scrapyard and did a lot of yelling. :lol:

When all else fails be a dog rapist.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »

When all else fails be a dog rapist.

two fists full of skill... and aids.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    New trailer is out, Battle Royale looks amazing.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Okay so I wasnt really feeling bo4 but that trailer is fucking rad, and the info coming out sounds fucking rad, so now I guess I'm feeling bo4

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Is that an open beta, or just for people who bought whatever that game is?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Consoles are private via purchase, PC is open on battle.net.

Also, to reiterate the dates:

PS4 - Sept 10th noon cst to Sept 17th.

PC - Early access 14th (pre-purchase), open 15th to 17th.

X1 - 14th to 17th.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    The announce date was given for the universal launch. October 12th for all versions.

People are playing Battle Royale for consoles over twitch right now. I'd recommend anyone interested in the game to check it out.

*edit* News about it from gamespot can be found here.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone played blackout yet? Thoughts?

• Options
    Game is good. Armor is op. Real quick thoughts before I go to work. :P

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    Anyone played blackout yet? Thoughts?

I've been watching/listening to Jackfrags playing it while I'm working (he uploaded a 1.75hr video of his livestream to youtube). I was thinking of giving BlOps 4 a hard pass....but after watching that video, it's got my attention and I'm seriously eyeballing preorder pages. The only thing missing is a lean function (also, positional audio (i.e. footsteps) in the beta is OP af).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    I was watching Jericho play it pretty much all day yesterday. The bastards have done it again, where's that blops bus to hypesville image when I need it.

• Options
    Yea I was all the way on the fence previously but this blackout beta has done me a hard 180 fully onto the hype train.

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    Yea I was all the way on the fence previously but this blackout beta has done me a hard 180 fully onto the hype train.

Did you like BR before? Or is it because it's COD?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I like the concept a lot but I didn't like the moment to moment moving and shooting in fortnite, or the building. I never played pubg since I only game on the ps4 these days, but it looked fun and I watched a bunch of the waypoint and gb streams and stuff.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    for me it was like a "pen pineapple apple pen" or a "you got chocolate in my peanut butter" thing

it helps that aside from how crazy good quickscoping was in the previous traditional MP beta, I really liked a lot of the changes to the CoD formula.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    yeah. I'm still not sure I'm day 1 on board with BLOPS4 but it definitely felt good. I was only able to play it on PC but my gut tells me that PS4 is the way to go.

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    wooo got an early access key for the PC for tomorrow

• Options
    twmjr wrote: »

Same (thanks Nvidia promo email!), and I'm currently installing!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

Are those floating around anywhere? I'd love an extra day to try out the pc open beta.

EDIT: Looks like there's a twitch promo where you can watch a streamer for an hour and get early access that way! https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/blizzard/22484222/prepare-blackout-with-the-next-call-of-duty-black-ops-4-pc-beta

Cyrenic on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Cyrenic wrote: »

Are those floating around anywhere? I'd love an extra day to try out the pc open beta.

EDIT: Looks like there's a twitch promo where you can watch a streamer for an hour and get early access that way! https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/blizzard/22484222/prepare-blackout-with-the-next-call-of-duty-black-ops-4-pc-beta

So, they want people to watch one of a few streams for an hour in a three hour window while most people are at work/school. I mean, I guess it's cool that they're doing anything at all, but that's nearly the most inconvenient way I can imagine.

• Options
    it's liiiiive

I'm traaaasshh

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    If you can tune in, it's going on right now (for the early beta access for non preorders).

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I've been playing Blackout mode the past few days, it's really fun. It's become my fav battle royale game so far as it's pretty polished. My PSN is Zavian2099 if anyone wants to do duos or quads.

Note: You can pre-order at Gamestop for PS4/X1 beta code for only $5

Zavian on
  • Options
    Downloaded the game again to play blackout on PC. Been watching twitch and I can't wait for tomorrow for open beta to start.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Roe wrote: »
    Downloaded the game again to play blackout on PC. Been watching twitch and I can't wait for tomorrow for open beta to start.

I think if you synch your twitch and battle.net and watch for an hour you can get a key for today? I'm not sure, but I heard lupo say something like that earlier.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying this so much more than I ever did pubg. Unfortunately I can't convince my pubg loving friends that this beta is already 100 times more polished than pubg is or probably will ever be.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this so much more than I ever did pubg. Unfortunately I can't convince my pubg loving friends that this beta is already 100 times more polished than pubg is or probably will ever be.

It's just not a proper or real battle royale experience without every game95% of games being filled with cheaters?

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Well that was...
    Entered my first Quad, 3 of us on mic. Jump out, land on ground, literally all of us dead to gunfire within 10 seconds. SO FUN!

Basically won't even bother trying again without friends online, someone add me on Bnet.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Is there a better way to equip/use power ups than through the inventory?

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Blackout has been fun, but playing with randoms is not great

edit: also why are there random zombies in that one place, i got enough problems shooting ppl

doomybear on
    what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Rando zombies spawn on the areas of the map pulled from CoD's Zombie Mode. There's a chance that a mystery box will spawn in that area and zombos also drop loot when you kill them.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm watching a stream and I wasn't expecting this, but this game's BR looks WAY more fun than PUBG. Like they actually decided to make a video game instead of some realism-whatever garbage.

That said though I don't quite have a clear picture of how troublesome the inherent problems with BR style games are. Dying on arrival and shit like that.

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Dying on arrival or to people you were never even aware are definitely still "features" of this one. Although for some reason I find it easier to spot people in this game than I can in PUBG.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    altidaltid Registered User regular
    Played this a bit and decided that it's decent, but just not my thing. I preferred the slower pace and larger scale of PUBG. Generally gave me a bit more time to get into the game and less "landed but couldn't grab a gun before getting gibbed" moments.

The gunplay itself is pretty good (although attachments seem to make a massive difference to usability of some guns). Movement feels good as well. The random zombies make from some great moments.

One thing I really think they ought to sort out is the pre-game time. Not sure why but it can spend ages in the pre-game deployment area at times. Makes chaining games a bit frustrating.