Options

[Call of Duty] BLOPS IIII out now, and pretty good despite Activision's best efforts.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Supply drops are stupid, but easily ignorable. It'd be nice if they gave you some reasonable way to earn supply drop guns just by playing the MP, but whatever no biggie.

To their credit, they're at least doing that in IW. The new weapons save for the ax just have kill challenges to unlock them. None of the crate nonsense for the base variant.

Oh wow, really? Do you still need to use salvage for the base variant, or just complete the challenges?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Man, we've had modern shooters for way longer than WW2 was a thing.

I wanna shoot some Nazi's.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Supply drops are stupid, but easily ignorable. It'd be nice if they gave you some reasonable way to earn supply drop guns just by playing the MP, but whatever no biggie.

To their credit, they're at least doing that in IW. The new weapons save for the ax just have kill challenges to unlock them. None of the crate nonsense for the base variant.

Oh wow, really? Do you still need to use salvage for the base variant, or just complete the challenges?

Just straight challenges. For the AR/Pistol it was just to get 200 kills with prestiged weapons from their respective category, nothing outlandish.

EDIT: Guess they dropped in a few new ones today too, looks like there's another AR for getting kills with 6 different weapons in a round 15 times and an SMG for winning a few rounds with at least one kill logged on the new rifle. Not too bad, few rounds of Gun Game ought to do the trick there.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Well, that's pretty cool then. I haven't played IW in a while. Might jump on when I take breaks from Mass Effect, though I understand the NV4 plague still runs rampant...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SecretagentmanSecretagentman Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Secretagentman on
    PSN: matter_ic
    Professional forum lurker
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017

Oh ffs...PC crowd gets left out of this one? >.<

EDIT - :? looks like the PC version is "coming soon." Oh well, better late than never. Still, probably the thing I liked best in Ghosts was the kitten-themed gun stuff I had and my Snoop Dogg announcer.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    So uh... huh. We might be living in a world were the "CoD Cinematic Universe" is a thing.

I mean, I would absolutely watch awesome action movies about Captain Price, Soap and the gang, but I wouldn't get my hopes up about rivaling anything Disney's doing with Marvel...

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Remember when Assassin's Creed wad going to be a respectable video game movie?

I'm not holding my breath for Call of Duty: The Movie. I would love to see Call of Duty: The Movie: The Game just for the lols.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    My buddy enjoyed AssCreed colon The Motion Picture, but he's a big AC nerd. Was it not good?

Edit: I do think it'd be pretty hard to fuck up bringing Call of Duty to the big screen, though. The SP campaigns are basically playable summer action movies already.

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Why not just watch every Michael Bay movie ever made?

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    When you go to the theater with ticket in hand, the concession stand should sell you mystery candy in a sealed box. If you don't get the candy you actually wanted, just keep buying snack mystery boxes and opening them.

That's a little something the pros call "respecting your source material"

• Options
    No no, they'll sell boxes with neat camos for your theater seat. It's possible to get candy in the boxes too, but at least they've added ways to earn the candy naturally just by being at the theater. Completing challenges like "win 30 games of DDR" or "get 75 headshots on the uncalibrated Time Crisis machine" will net you the candy you want ;P

Real talk though, the addition of challenges to earn the supply drop weapons has alleviated any problems I had with the supply drop system. Outside of the guns, it's all cosmetic fluff.

• Options
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I still have my BLOPS 2 disc!

I wonder how hacked the lobbies are in MP now...

• Options
    Well shit... apparently I don't have my BLOPS 2 disc. Found discs for WaW and MW3 though! MW3 is my other favorite CoD, so hopefully that hits BC soon.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Black Ops 2 was the last good Call of Duty without the jetpack stuff, and honestly it still has a good cadence to the shootbangs.

It's super weird, I used to vastly prefer the Modern Warfare series and then at some point my preferences just snapped over to the Black Ops series. I came around to what made BO2 good, then Ghosts somehow turned out to be not all that fun, went back to BO2. BO3 held my attention pretty well, but going back to a jetpackless environment every now and then is really refreshing

Come to think of it, I too might be hankering for some World War II again

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    i think bo2 is my favorite in the entire series, as far as MP. mw3 is pretty close but its been a long time since i actually played that one.

• Options
    Man, WaW is unplayable because I don't have the DLC :(

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Man, WaW is unplayable

• Options
    Hey, there's some fun to be had there. It's certainly no CoD Ghosts...

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I think half the reason I didn't like blops one was the stench of WaW all over Treyarch. I surely played more Ghosts than WaW

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Call of Duty WWII has been confirmed as real. Worldwide reveal livestream this Wednesday!

https://www.callofduty.com/wwii/splash

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Sounds like World at War II amirite guys

• Options
    Just let me keep my slide/dive and vault objects in a reasonable amount of time, dangit.

• Options
    LEAKS!

Supposed release date is Friday November 3rd.
    leak wrote:
    The game will reportedly be set in Normandy on D-Day and will have players battle across multiple iconic European locations. The story will supposedly focus on the "unbreakable brotherhood of common men fighting to preserve freedom in a world on the brink of tyranny" and will feature "bold, lifelike visuals."

Call of Duty: WWII will also apparently include a co-op mode that'll tell an original story separate from the main campaign. The multiplayer will let players socialize and interact with their friends and the Call of Duty community in "exciting new ways" and contain maps set on "many of World War II's most iconic locations."

• Options
    First week of November is practically a forgone conclusion at this point for the series. I'm down for a co-op campaign though.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I am excited for a COD game for the first time since 2007ish. I really really hope they nail it, and that it is a spiritual successor to Allied Assault.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I am excited for a COD game for the first time since 2007ish. I really really hope they nail it, and that it is a spiritual successor to Allied Assault.

You want a CoD game to be a successor to.......

...a Medal of Honor game?

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    CoD was originally a successor to a Medal of Honor game

2015 studios made Allied Assault, then became Infinity Ward, then became Respawn

I mainly want the pacing to be right

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Its been long enough that I wont mind a WWII shooter again. But I was really hoping they would do a proper Vietnam game and give it a bit of that Spec Ops the line twist with the story. Where by the time you beat it you feel worn down and feel awful about the decisions you made. Little bit less America **** YEAH and a bit more of "The Darkness.....the darkness"

• Options
    Yeah Allied Assault was actually designed by IW directors West and Zampella, which in hindsight makes a lot of sense

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    ph2.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Livestream starts in around 20 minutes or so. Gonna check this out.

https://youtu.be/n2wNC5TYjyw

Ceno on
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I'm curious on what the content of this game will be like, though the last COD I bought was ghosts and that game tanked pretty hard.

Still, WWII Cod again sounds like it will be fun to play, though I think we all know CODs are created faster than Madden games.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    it's definitely a purty game

campaign looks typically bombastic; Activision guy is emphasizing boots-on-the-ground reverence

Josh Dumahel seems to be one of the celebrity dudes but they will be bringing out the cast soon

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Tuned in just in time to see someone post a giant ASCII swastika in chat. Never change, youtube chat. Actually, no, please change.

Missed out on the proper trailer, though. The bits I'm seeing look pretty cool, though.

• Options
    This livestream is awful.

Just show the dang game... unless there was an actual trailer already?

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular

no you have to sit through multiple CEOs and co-founders talk about how the game has sound and that they recorded stuff

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

I got the impression the trailer was shown at the very beginning, followed by a making-of segment, and now we've got this interview stuff.

• Options
    "I'm super hyped are you super hyped? hypehypehype. Did I mention I'm super hyped?"