Options

[Call of Duty] BLOPS IIII out now, and pretty good despite Activision's best efforts.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Yeah they've already showed a trailer.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    You can go back in the stream to view the trailer; I'm about to do so myself.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Entirely in European theater, 1944-45

Ceno on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    You can go back in the stream to view the trailer; I'm about to do so myself.

Awesome, I did just that. Now I can stop watching this boring stream where "hype" and "detail" are said every other word...

Trailer looked great though! Looks like my november will have Star Wars and CoD.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    The Activision guys aren't too good at not staring at the teleprompter.

Sounds like they're making some kind of a between-match hub as well. E3 is going to be the big reveal. Turning off the stream now because I'm kind of done with listening to these freaking Youtube hypemen.

Co-op stuff is definitely a zombies campaign.

Ceno on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Did they show any multiplayer?

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Did they show any multiplayer?

I don't think they will until E3.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Granted, it's not over yet, but it sounds like they're showing everything at E3. The info on the co-op stuff was literally just a jpeg of a Nazi zombie. They show four seconds of a bunch of people in multiplayer milling around in a hub outpost.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    So, just Americans? Wonder if the multiplayer weapons will include guns from the other theaters of the war (Pacific, Eastern) or if it will be all German and American guns...,

• Options
    So, just Americans? Wonder if the multiplayer weapons will include guns from the other theaters of the war (Pacific, Eastern) or if it will be all German and American guns...,

I wouldn't be surprised if it was American, British, Russian, and German weapons for MP.

Gimmie a Garand, MP40, and a PPSh and I'm good to go!

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I have to say, I do really like the Garand PING that happens during the title card.

Probably my favorite historical gun ever.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Game Informer has some info up:
    Players do not recover health or ammo passively. You cannot simply get hit, hide behind some cover, and heal up. You need to call upon your squadmates to get health packs, ammunition, or even covering fire. This makes getting hit carry a significantly more weight than other Call of Duty titles, as taking a bullet has consequences every time.

Multi:
    Divisions function as a kind of class system that allows you to progress through the ranks. Players enlist in armor, infantry, airborne, or other divisions and grow their character out from there.

Part of the multiplayer ecosystem revolves around a mode known as War. These symmetrical, Axis vs. Allies battlegrounds place players in two-sides of a single conflict, such as Normandy. One side tries to take the beach, while the other side defends from bunkers.

Headquarters functions as a new way to socialize and interact with players outside of matches. This shared social space allows players to get rewarded, hang out, and interact without the traditional lobby structure.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Meh...I'll have to see how that health shit works.

CoD have never really been a team-based game and I hate when games try to force team mechanics into systems that never really encouraged it to begin with.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    WW2 will always be my favorite era for shooters. This is the first CoD that has my interest since CoD4.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    I wonder how MP cosmetics are going to be. Weapon camos should be ok, but if they have WWII soldiers running around in weird clown suits or dabbing at the end of matches, I feel like that's gonna be in bad taste.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    'Bout time we got back to shooting Nazis.

Never get tired of shooting Nazis.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SecretagentmanSecretagentman Registered User regular
    I read that blurb about health as only pertaining to the campaign, since regenerating health is an essential trait of multiplayer. But having to rely on AI squadmates to heal in the Campaign sounds like a crapshoot, unless your AI CoDBros are invincible (as per usual).

PSN: matter_ic
    Professional forum lurker
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    The named characters were immortal, but I remember seeing many of the unnamed NPC soliders being fodder. I remember playing CoD2 and noticing a female Russian solider. About the same time I noticed her, she got shot in the face.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I read that blurb about health as only pertaining to the campaign, since regenerating health is an essential trait of multiplayer. But having to rely on AI squadmates to heal in the Campaign sounds like a crapshoot, unless your AI CoDBros are invincible (as per usual).

Yeah, health stuff is in regards to campaign. It could be something as simple as a Bioshock Infinite-style medpack toss or something, we don't know yet. I imagine it will be fairly straightforward. They aren't interested in turning CoD into a sim or anything.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Oh. Okay.

• Options
    I do think an active health regen system like in Farcry where you have to patch your self up would be pretty cool, but probably would work for CoDs flow.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Yep, I'm totally on board with all of this. I wonder if Microsoft will be showing it off further with the Xbox Scorpio full reveal, too.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Dashui wrote: »
    Yep, I'm totally on board with all of this. I wonder if Microsoft will be showing it off further with the Xbox Scorpio full reveal, too.

Probably not cause I think Sony still has an exclusivity deal with Activision.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Y'ALL EXCITED CAUSE I'M EXCITED?

This is the first CoD I've been hype for since like, Black Ops. I'm so glad we're going back to WW2.

SO GLAD.

Edit: watching that trailer is giving me them good CoD2 flashbacks. Mmm.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    This popped up on twitter yesterday and I got a chuckle out of it. Likely (and hopefully) fabricated, of course:

• Options
    It's totally fabricated. The internet loves to make it's memes.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    It's totally fabricated. The internet loves to make it's memes.

Although, an R. Lee Ermy announcer voice pack (reprising his role in Ghosts) would actually make sense in this setting. My Snoop Dogg announcer voice pack...well...slightly less so.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    LISTEN UP MAGGOTS GET OUT THERE AND CAPTURE B OR SO HELP ME I WILL GOUGE OUT YOUR EYES MYSELF!!!!!

Listen....Sledgehammer. Make that R. Lee Ermy voice pack a thing and I will just buy it day 1 no question.

• Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Hey guys, long time. I come bearing some bad news, unfortunately. On April 16th, our long time CoDBro (and my close friend), Holiground, passed away. He left behind a 5 year old son, for which a GoFundMe has been set up. If you want more info on that, you can message me. I don't know if I'm allowed to post that directly to the thread. Josh was a great dude, and I will miss him more than he ever would have believed. I'm sure there's a lot more I could and should say, but I find myself at a loss.

I thought maybe it would be fun (?) to have a Holiground Memorial COD night, just like old times. I know a lot of us are on different platforms, and some of us don't even play COD anymore, but for those of you interested, let's figure out which game and on which console we should get together on. I plan on being super drunk and susceptible to wild emotional swings. Join me. :)

(I have all the recent CoDs on PS4, and can play Blops 1 & 2 via BC on XBone.)

@Dashui @dinoarus @acidlacedpenguin @Secretagentman @Sanguinary @Vey @MrVyngaard (I'm sure I forgot some people. Sorry!)

RIP Buddy.
    had a great weekend. @MayGodHaveMercy convinced me to prestiege, which was a mistake, but other than that I had fun. Some highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIKRNmXiljE

gravity spikes are still a great fuck you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B43aBg4BFVc

Mercy asked me what was wrong because I was giggling like a schoolgirl after dashing around their spawn with the ripper.

and as a bonus, LET IT BURN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLJP__OG4b8

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Don't even know what to say about that, I'll miss Bearjew.

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    that...was not what I was expecting to see when I opened this thread.

@MayGodHaveMercy please pass condolences on and hit me with that link.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I'm down for any of them, but Black Ops 1 and 2 sound good. That was when most of us were together.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    RIP Holi

I'd definitely be down for a memorial COD party. I still have all of the 360 and/or backwards compatible cods, and Advanced Warfare on the One. Also open to PS4 CoD4 remaster, blops3, or infinite warfare

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    https://www.gofundme.com/3oqoc4w

Hopfully I won't get in trouble for that. >_>

• Options
    Wait...seriously. Damn.

• Options
    Yeah, seriously. I so desperately wish it were just a terrible joke.

• Options
    Oh wow... what awful news :(

I played MW3 with him a few times, and he was such a nice guy. Very fun to play games with.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Most unfortunate.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SecretagentmanSecretagentman Registered User regular
    I don't even know how to process this.

Re: drunk Mercy CoD: I'm down for whatever; but I'm that guy that only has Playstation (MW2-BLOPS2, not Ghosts on PS3, AW & BLOPS3 on PS4). Not trying to dictate what happens, just giving info.

*feels*

PSN: matter_ic
    Professional forum lurker