As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Submit to the Peace of Kyros! [Tyranny]

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Yeah, I really didn't have any issues with the ending. I'd rather a short focused experience and that's what they delivered.

Coulda used more companion cross-combos, though. It would be cool to persuade Lantry and Eb to work together, for example.

Yeah, having the vast majority of the combos be linked to the main character kind of sucked.

Depending on your build, some of the combos are going to be significantly less useful (specifically thinking of the ranged characters using melee range combos, but that's largely due to my experience), and because one character is required for every combo they're going to be in way higher demand than anyone else in the party - I feel like I use way less of my main character's special abilities, because I'm constantly throwing her from one combo to the next. Which is a shame, as my main character generally has all of the best equipment and everything, so she's going to be able to fuck shit up outside of combos if she gets the chance. And, of course, if she gets knocked out, nobody else gets to use their combos.

But while the other characters are fairly role versatile, there's definitely some constants. Regardless of whether she's doing unarmed or weapons, Kills is gonna be in the front lines. Even at his most martial, Lantry is probably going to be hanging out in the back line fighting from range. You've got like, the extremely versatile Verse, but part of her whole thing is that she's versatile, and her fighting styles and abilities can complement her switching weapons constantly.

The point is, it would be much easier to have your companions doing combos with one another. And it would change your party's fighting style a bunch if you even switched out one character as a result, which personally I think would be really cool, but maybe other people would disagree.

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    I've been super benefiting from it since I'm just building a low-damage unhittable tank as my main character... which means my damage output isn't great but I can just get into melee and use all the 1/per encounter combos cause holding hate isn't really tied to using abilities.

I can see it being a huge pain having to run into melee to do a verse combo, then run back out cause you're playing an archer or whatever.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    That is basically why one of the only combo's I use is Barik/Verse's , because it doesn't take up my main char, ( My main char atm is hyper magic focused too, so the time wasted doing a combo I could just blast off 2 giant balls of death instead)

edit: btw , making Fireball increased AoE, increased Dmg, and also causing bleeding, with increased duration on the bleeding and burning? helluva spell you rarely have to cast more than once.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    RawrBear wrote: »
    I've been super benefiting from it since I'm just building a low-damage unhittable tank as my main character... which means my damage output isn't great but I can just get into melee and use all the 1/per encounter combos cause holding hate isn't really tied to using abilities.

I can see it being a huge pain having to run into melee to do a verse combo, then run back out cause you're playing an archer or whatever.

Yeah, it's a pain.

Although I have a pretty good system, because Kills' combo will teleport you into melee, so I can use that and then immediately rotate to whoever Verse is fighting, do her combo, and get out before the enemies have a chance to engage me (and if anyone does, the archery upgrade to thrust can be used to break engagement).

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    So I've had this thing happen a few times so far that's pretty hilarious.

Occasionally I'll have one of my dudes sitting between an enemy and another one of my dudes, and when the two not in the middle decide they want to attack one another, the AI pathing seems to decide they should both run clockwise around the middle person... resulting in them both running in circles trying to catch one another indefinitely while the middle person spins in place and hits the enemy till it's dead.

Every time it happens yakkity sax just starts playing in my head.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the thing about the ending for me was
    I wasn't trying to break off from kyros, they said the last archon standing would be in charge of the tiers and I was the last archon standing

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Jars wrote: »
    I wasn't trying to break off from kyros, they said the last archon standing would be in charge of the tiers and I was the last archon standing
    i'm wondering if there was 'another ending' planned that was cut, because
    it wouldn't have been too much work to have the same ending, more or less, where you intended to stay loyal to kyros but the same credits sequence beats play out. You've become the Archon of Spires and shown that the power of the Edicts isn't unique to Kyros - even though you've pledged loyalty to Kyros and haven't made any attempts at betrayal, Kyros still views you as a threat and you wind up in the same cold war-y post-game situations that the other ends have

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

yeah I really wanted
    to be a loyalist, honestly I was much more interested in being a fatebinder than I was in being an archon

like give me an ending where I get to roam around the occupied lands and judge disputes between Chorus, Disfavored and Tiersmen

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    [Glare Silently.]

Anarchy Ending Spoilers
    I like that you can be so good at laws that Tunon gets all starry eyed and fanboys out

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Ugh, I fucked something up last night and my hand was forced into slaughtering the Stonestalkers

I don't know exactly what it was I fucked up, but I tried to work around it for long enough that I don't have a good savegame to fall back on now

Sorry beast dudes, you were real cool

But now you gotta be real dead

• Options
    javelineers should definitely go rebel. you get to throw spears of light that set people on fire in addition to your huge aoe firebomb. all leather with a light shield makes you pretty durable and blitz stance to offset the shield, would recommend javelins.

• Options
    Huh, well that was suddenly just kinda over wasn't it? Still liked it, still looking forward to replays, but It totally felt like there was gonna be a big finale, and then there just credits instead?

• Options
    yeah so throwing might be the strongest angle there is? I'm not having trouble with anything. either that or the rebel path is significantly easier than anarchist. you can set so many people on fire in such a short amount of time and my spear of light crits all the time for like 80 damage

one thing I'm really starting to have an issue with is trainers. mages need to train in lore, there's no way you can get your lore high enough to do anything. but sirin and eb don't get to train in lore early on like landry does, and no one gets to train in lore period before getting the second spire. and furthermore any mage that isn't in your party getting lore training very single level is useless. it's a big problem. like if I switch in eb now she has a whole 67 lore at level 13, which means she can't do shit.

• Options
    What's the difference between rebel and anarchist?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    rebel has allies, anarchist has none

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

Anarchist has the only ally you'll ever need.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I wonder, is anyone here actually staying loyal to Kyros and Tunan?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I certainly tried to

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    I think the main thing that irked me about the way it ended
    is you get a bunch of sweet gear from that last fight, that you then use for nothing ever.

• Options

Ending
    Well, I ended up being loyal to one of those. Or rather, he was to me.

You kind of get railroaded onto rebellion unfortunately, though.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Ending

To be fair,
    You either rebel or Kyros would kill you as you kneel at her feet. She's not going to put up with "Archon of exactly the same powers I have."

Although one does wonder if Kyros had such intentions when you were sent there...

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Derrick wrote: »

Ending

To be fair,
    You either rebel or Kyros would kill you as you kneel at her feet. She's not going to put up with "Archon of exactly the same powers I have."

Although one does wonder if Kyros had such intentions when you were sent there...

yeah there seems to be a lot hinting at that

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    Derrick wrote: »

Ending

To be fair,

yeah there seems to be a lot hinting at that
    Considering your powers are tied directly to negating the edict at the spire, I can't imagine Kyros didn't know what she was doing

Your rapidity of ascent may have been a surprise, though

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    wait until the expansion to find out what he is planning. please lookforward to it

• Options
    wait until the expansion to find out what he is planning. please lookforward to it

I think it's laid out fairly clearly throughout the game what her plans were.
    Her empire doesn't work. She has an army of super powered generals, each with their own army, and they've been fighting wars for what, centuries? With the Tiers conquered, there's nothing left for Kyros to keep her pawns busy while she continues gathering power and completing her true goals(conquering other dimensions?)

So the Fatebinder is a distraction. It literally doesn't matter what you do. Her Edicts are more powerful than yours and prevent you from acting in those areas, you're no real threat, and she'll crush you like a bug directly once you've fractured her army enough.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Justice?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Fatebinder/Kyros OTP

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    No Fatebinder, you ARE Kyros!

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Justice?

No.
    Bleden Mark!

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Edict Spoilers
    So I lifted the edict of storms by using a legal technicality and the text seemed to indicate that I could use some form of edicts now? I also have read some spoilers that said you can use them like spells, but I don't see anyway to use them. Am I just too early or am I missing something?

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Edict Spoilers
    So I lifted the edict of storms by using a legal technicality and the text seemed to indicate that I could use some form of edicts now? I also have read some spoilers that said you can use them like spells, but I don't see anyway to use them. Am I just too early or am I missing something?

keep playing, you'll get to it later on

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    Edict Spoilers

keep playing, you'll get to it later on

Yeah, that's what I thought since early in the game I beat my head against Lethian's Crossing for 2 hours before I realized that it was too early for me to get the spire there.

I really like this game but it could be a bit better about telling you what you can and can't do at a given point in the story.

• Options
    the oldwalls there was the first thing I did so it's certainly possible

• Options

Yeah, you can only get two rubbings, but I think it's pretty visible with just the two.

• Options
    you can get all 3 of the lethain's crossing ones. the only one I could not find was the second one in stone sea and had to do it with just the one rubbing.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

Yeah, you can only get two rubbings, but I think it's pretty visible with just the two.

I could not figure out how those light up sigils work at first, I was just hitting switches not realising that I had to form the lines myself.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    you can get all 3 of the lethain's crossing ones. the only one I could not find was the second one in stone sea and had to do it with just the one rubbing.

The third one requires you to be on the Forgebound/Bronze Brotherhood quest I believe.
    Straightzi wrote: »

I could not figure out how those light up sigils work at first, I was just hitting switches not realising that I had to form the lines myself.

Yeah, me too. I thought you had to figure out a specific order to set them in so that when you lit the final one, everything would instantly connect to make the shape.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    I thought you needed to be on that quest to get into the oldwalls

• Options
    I thought you needed to be on that quest to get into the oldwalls

Nope. That was the first place I went after starting Act II.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    oh yeah the bronze brotherhood:

How do you kill the leader? I killed the guards at the bridge, got into the town and killed everyone there, and then couldn't find Raetomonnon. Or whoever the girl was that was also trying to lead them.

once the town was cleared out they never came around again

Brolo on