As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Submit to the Peace of Kyros! [Tyranny]

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Brolo wrote: »
    oh yeah the bronze brotherhood:

How do you kill the leader? I killed the guards at the bridge, got into the town and killed everyone there, and then couldn't find Raetomonnon. Or whoever the girl was that was also trying to lead them.

once the town was cleared out they never came around again
    You may get a chance later, depending on your path.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    talking to the unofficial town leader guy should unlock where raetomonnon ran off to

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know how to unlock the Dawning Spire? I only have one charcoal drawing, and I know I could just look it up, but I'd like to theoretically follow the right path.

if it's the one in SE stone sea I couldn't find anything else for it and had to figure it out from the one drawing

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's the one.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I think you can buy a rubbing from the merchant in Halfgate for that one.

I think that's for the other Stone Sea Spire

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    there's something about out-logicing a super powerful spell of mass destruction that's so fucking funny to me. the way things like that work in this universe and the way stuff like Tunon's power works is so interesting.

Are you the magic man?
    I finished the game today
    Really glad I was able to defeat the final boss by talking to him.

I'll probably have more thoughts later - while I think it is an overall excellent game, it definitely has some issues

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Still working on PoE: White March, I just got to part 2. It's making me excited for PoE2, because I feel like the game is just getting better and better. Also I think I finally figured out how to be good at the combat.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Wait are they making a PoE2?

edited November 2016
    yes, they confirmed it earlier this year, as well as a project unrelated to PoE or Tyranny

TheStig on
    I'm still a little excited for PoE2, but I'm so much more into Tyranny's lore than I am the Pillars lore

Like, Pillars was good, but it mostly just feels like a twist on standard D&D high fantasy, and Tyranny feels like it's doing something more distinct

I'm not certain that more Tyranny (or more things set in the world of Tyranny - playing at a different period in history, or a different faction, or something) is what I want

But if not that, I'd rather continue seeing new things from them, because they seem to be pretty good at this fantasy thing

I'm fine with a D&D-like being out there without all the shit D&D rules.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I really quite liked the Pillars setting. It felt D&D-like, but had a really good shake up on a lot of the important details. All the stuff with the gods was great, too.

Tyranny had a super awesome premise and story setup, though, which I like way more than Pillars'. But the world itself just didn't quite feel as good. Maybe because it all felt a bit rushed?

anyway I am stoked for a PoE 2.

Anzekay on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    if Tyranny didn't come around, I'd be less excited about PoE2

but they've really made me a believer in what can be done with CRPGs

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I finished the game today
    Really glad I was able to defeat the final boss by talking to him.

I'll probably have more thoughts later - while I think it is an overall excellent game, it definitely has some issues

My favorite part regarding spoiler
    I liked how I could defeat him by talking him into BOWING DOWN TO ME!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    I'm still plugging away at this. Just finished the riposte upgrade to 100% whenever something misses.... which with 190 parry and 90% deflection is basically all the time. It's kind of crazy, especially with some monsters that have multi-hit attacks.. just getting like 5 counter attacks in a second.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I wish you could dual wield a sword and a staff so I could smite fools like some kind of barbarian moses

wY6K6Jb.gif
    I wish you could dual wield a sword and a staff so I could smite fools like some kind of barbarian moses

There is at least one one handed scepter you can use for this

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    GLr9FKB.jpg

gandalf's dual wielding game was on point

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    that scrub tried to solo his first raid boss while there was no healer in the party to res and afterwards he felt like such a n00b he paid money to upgrade to a prestige class

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    finished pillars: white march. It was pretty good, with some choice dialog options, especially the ones that poke fun at random NPCs trying to tell you what you should be doing when you're at the point in an RPG where you're capable of slaying whole armies.

I'll pick up Tyranny soon, but I wanna take a short break so I don't burn out on CRPGs.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    half tempted to play through PoE for real this time and be a fighter with that monk "multiclass" perk that lets me punch fools

don't even care it's not optimal

Miss me? Find me on:

Optimal builds are for suckers

You're in a roleplaying game - roleplay that shit

wY6K6Jb.gif
    White March has all sorts of cool weapons though.

that's what party member friends are for

Miss me? Find me on:

edited November 2016
    I had difficulty starting white march after my main game playthrough

like there doesn't seem to be a way to come back after the last save and play the expansion content

Brolo on

like there doesn't seem to be a way to come back after the last save and play the expansion content

You don't have a save before the point of no return?

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I might start a new game of PoE now that I've got somewhat of a better handle on the combat

TheStig wrote: »

You don't have a save before the point of no return?

I guess I could roll back my progress from the endgame

it just seems like a really annoying way of accessing that content

Started playing Tyranny. I'm enjoying giving no fucks about what either side thinks of me.

Game 2 is going pretty well so far. Playing an unarmed combat shock mage. Was a scholar, but got sold to a gladiatorial arena and learned to fight, fought his way out. Sweet arm tattoos of his electricity runes, although I'm early enough in that I haven't found a good set of armor to show 'em off.

Making the rest of my party unequip all of their weapons and insisting that my friends must fight unarmed didn't work so hot though, especially Verse. I'll probably go back to letting them use weapons (final party plan is Barik, Eb, and Sirin). I'm still considering it though. I did insist that they all learn a basic shock spell if they're going to run with me.

I feel like the result of trying to take away verse's weapons would be "fuck you"

Jars wrote: »
    I feel like the result of trying to take away verse's weapons would be "fuck you"

Yeah, she can't use any of her melee moves unarmed (and I want her on archery anyways, until I can replace her with Eb/Sirin). And making my range folks not carry weapons would super suck anyways, because they'll keep charging into battle after successfully casting a targeted spell and if they're out of spells to cast then they'll just have to sit there and twiddle their thumbs.

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Verse does become very hard to hit when she's unarmed due to the stance that increases her dodge. She also has two talents that increase her dodge.

not really since she has a talent that swaps dodge in for parry but I was thinking more as a characterization that if you told her to go punch stuff she would go fuck you and not do it

• RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Beat the game,
    Didn't end up with a lot of allies on the "Both of your factions are dumb babies fuck you guys" path, killed both the main faction leaders.... The final trial with Tunion was hilarious though, after I logically layed out why all my actions were necessary and orderly Tunion was like "I don't know how this is even possible but you are even more Lawful and orderly than the Overlord and I have no choice but to declare you not guilty and then join you." He's like, face palming as he says this.

I'm guessing precluding all my fights with "We don't have to fight if you just give me what I want/stand down/join me/fall on your sword" before having my hand "forced" and killing everyone anyway payed off.

There were two parts of the epilogue that I wasn't really happy with cause they implied a level of inaction on my character's part that made no sense.

The beastfolk tribe got enslaved or pushed out by the settlers and that made more or less no sense... I killed their leader to take her place there's no way I'm letting a bunch of settlers enslave my personal beastfolk army and one of my only allies. So I had to rewrite that one in my head to "The settlers tried to enslave your beast folk allies and got some justice dropped on them instead."

Also that one city got killed by monsters in the epilogue because I took their magic hat, which was a bit disappointing. I wasn't lying when I said during the trial I was just borrowing it and would give it back.

I really enjoyed it! The end felt a bit rushed but overall the length was just-right so I can't really complain. Might have to do another play through at some point to try out the archon of song, cause I didn't get her in my party at any point at all.

RawrBear on
    you actually have to go back and return it to its spot

My party is all about dishing out the sick burns

vaAlQ9G.jpg?1