Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Tournaments at PAX (ESports)

UpmindUpmind Registered User regular
I have always gone to PAX feeling underwhelmed because of the tournaments (Except for SSB). I wanted to kinda stir the pot into potentially having some other tournaments this year, mainly PC games like CSGO, LoL, etc. I feel like it would bring multiple people together and create a great and controlled competitive environment at PAX.

I also want to just demolish in CS but thats just me. ;)

qGv95BI.png

• WellywokzWellywokz Registered User regular
    LOL...I hear you.But tend to be less for PC and more on console at PAX EAST.
    But I was able to be in the Overwatch PC tournament and it was something I will never forget. But that was a special situation.

• imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    There are some great tournaments, but space is usually very limited, details are usually very scarce until day of, and they're always done on a first come first serve basis.

I was lucky enough last year to register for the Geico Hearthstone Championship Tour Major. I had the chance to play against some of the professionals on stream and had an absolute blast.

faPgNTD
  • DanQDanQ Registered User regular
    pax tournament organizers tend to consciously chose non esports titles for the tournaments. it creates a lower barrier to entry and generally gives people something they can't find elsewhere. personally I like this approach because I will never find competitive wario ware anywhere else. or for that matter. any kind of opponents for warioware anywhere else. I love the game, but nobody plays it. You can easily get matches for cs go or lol and the like online.

Jigglypuff510Canderson1989Doctor Gutts
  • UpmindUpmind Registered User regular
    DanQ wrote: »
    pax tournament organizers tend to consciously chose non esports titles for the tournaments. it creates a lower barrier to entry and generally gives people something they can't find elsewhere. personally I like this approach because I will never find competitive wario ware anywhere else. or for that matter. any kind of opponents for warioware anywhere else. I love the game, but nobody plays it. You can easily get matches for cs go or lol and the like online.

As much as I agree with the online matches, nothing is more fun, and important to esports than the LAN experience, thus why I think PAX should have more LAN Tourneys other than OverWatch and Hearthstone ;(

qGv95BI.png