As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Y'all I keep repeating myself, keep repeating myself in this [Chat]

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2007
    Night.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wiggin is dumb. Kusu and Cass acted dumb and in some tour de force thing, everybody ended up getting banned until Saturday.

Ah, thanks.

I'm reading that thread and it's like watching a train wreck with like, starving babies getting blown up in mid-air after getting thrown after the train hits an orphanage.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2007
    I really love that Aegeri is back. He's so perfect for that thread. I'm going to bed for real, now.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    I really love that Aegeri is back. He's so perfect for that thread. I'm going to bed for real, now.

night elks

MikeMan on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    WTF? I missed the happenings? Again?
    Maaaan!

Uh... hello and good morning.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    MikeMan445 wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I am back and with double the amount of asshole.
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    SC wrote: »
    What hijinks did Kusu, Wiggin and Cass get banned for? Continuing last nights argument in the chat thread right?

immature LJ shenanigans

Man whut?

welcome back

i demand you promptly put your old sig with the bacteria plushy!

IT MUST BE SO

I've been too excited by the extinction thread.

Edit: Need photobucket back up. Doh.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    WTF? I missed the happenings? Again?
    Maaaan!

Uh... hello and good morning.

Hey haps =)

i take it as a bad sign when i'm still maeking poast and you wake up

no offense to you, of course. it just means i've stayed up way too late, hehe

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    None taken. What are you up to? Can't sleep?

It's good to have you and Aegeri around again.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Back to sass things up.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    None taken. What are you up to? Can't sleep?

It's good to have you and Aegeri around again.

playing eve. it's an evil, evil game, just like most MMO's

and yes aegeri is awesome. owning bitches all up in that extinction thread.

how's the german heartland this day

here in new jersey it's raining raining raining

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Rain? Give us some, we could use some by now. :P

We have beautiful weather, in fact it's one of the hottest Aprils in quite a while.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Rain? Give us some, we could use some by now. :P

We have beautiful weather, in fact it's one of the hottest Aprils in quite a while.

that's pretty sweet

actually if i could rig up some way, i'd love to give you our rain. last weekend we got 11 inches in like 6 hours

the water table rose so high near my house that my parents and i were bailing water out of our basement for about 10 hours straight, all through the night. it was godawful. we would sleep in shifts, with two people frantically working at any given time. it doesn't help that a stream's in our back yard, which promptly flooded and contributed to the problem.

stupid rain

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I really want to see his maths, I really do. He comes out with the claim it is "dumb" not to consider new species emerging, yet seems to have missed the point that the majority of what is going extinct is going extinct too rapidly for evolution to compensate. It's simple how to picture this, imagine we have 3 colours on a wall in whatever pattern you like: Blue, Red and Green.

Let's imagine that each represents a specific niche in an ecosystem and that there are predators or environmental factors that kill the little coloured organisms that live on these squares if they are on other squares. So a blue organism can only live on a blue background and a red organism can only live on a red background. If you remove the blue and green backgrounds (classic habitat loss or change in environmental conditions): What do you get left with?

Do you have a net gain or loss of species?

Even in this simple example, with the loss of habitat also comes the loss of possible species biodiversity. This is the 'real world' scenario put into real terms. If you lose a coral reef (Like the Great Barrier Reef) that took around 100,000 years to develop into what it is today (given it is miles across and corals grow at a rate of milimeters per year), how on earth does anyone think you can replace the sheer biodiversity of that region faster than it all goes extinct in 100 years?

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ugh, Mike. That's too much rain, yes.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I really want to see his maths, I really do. He comes out with the claim it is "dumb" not to consider new species emerging, yet seems to have missed the point that the majority of what is going extinct is going extinct too rapidly for evolution to compensate. It's simple how to picture this, imagine we have 3 colours on a wall in whatever pattern you like: Blue, Red and Green.

Let's imagine that each represents a specific niche in an ecosystem and that there are predators or environmental factors that kill the little coloured organisms that live on these squares if they are on other squares. So a blue organism can only live on a blue background and a red organism can only live on a red background. If you remove the blue and green backgrounds (classic habitat loss or change in environmental conditions): What do you get left with?

Do you have a net gain or loss of species?

Even in this simple example, with the loss of habitat also comes the loss of possible species biodiversity. This is the 'real world' scenario put into real terms. If you lose a coral reef (Like the Great Barrier Reef) that took around 100,000 years to develop into what it is today (given it is miles across and corals grow at a rate of milimeters per year), how on earth does anyone think you can replace the sheer biodiversity of that region faster than it all goes extinct in 100 years?

You can't.

Which is why the whole "well mass extinctions have happened before, get over it" nihilism is fucking retarded.

They happen once in a blue moon, and they change everything. We, as a species, have most decidedly not done enough research into just how much we rely on the world as it is. We evolved in it when it had a certain pattern of life. Fucking with that might not be as simple a situation as "lol we'll invent future stuffs and be fine olol."

This is what people don't seem to get.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    alrighty beddy bye time for me. night all :)

MikeMan on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hmmm, OK - so Drive was cancelled (cant quite figure out how sad I am about that), Prison break the second season destroyed my will to continue watching... I still have 24 and lost. BSG wont be back for a while... Anyone reccomend anything else worth watching? current or upcoming?

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Night, Mike!

I just keep in mind that it takes practically always longer to build something than to destroy it. I see no reason why eco systems or species should be any different.

Edit: Well, there's always Heroes, Fallingman!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Night, Mike!

I just keep in mind that it takes practically always longer to build something than to destroy it. I see no reason why eco systems or species should be any different.

Edit: Well, there's always Heroes, Fallingman!

*Facepalm*

I forgot to mention Heroes... Already watch it (the break got to me!)

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hmm, that's it then.
    Maybe someone who watches his show through less dubious channels can help you. :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hmm, that's it then.
    Maybe someone who watches his show through less dubious channels can help you. :P

*cough*

not necessarily....

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh man, the roofles I am generating from this YEC fellow called SuperSport:
    "I Hereby announce that studying human DNA is a big, fat waste of time and money. All those scientists are out of their minds. I could accomplish more with a plastic shovel in my kids' sandbox."

supersport, CARM [Comments (45)] [2006-Dec-13]
    "I mean if modern day humans have been around for tens of thousands of years, then where are all the skyscrapers from years gone by? Where are all the books and artifacts? Where are the planes and cars?"

Supersport, Carm.org Discussion Forums [Comments (46)] [2006-Dec-05]

Roofle.
    "In my opinion, if an animal in the wild like a swan is caught being gay it should be shot on sight, disinfected, and used to feed the poor."

supersport, carm [Comments (52)] [2006-Nov-21]

Just what the fuck?
    "Science has hardly cured a single thing to date....what makes you think they're going to start now?"

supersport, CARM [Comments (38)] [2007-Mar-26]

Genius!
    "homosexuals should be thrown in jail like in the good ole days....maybe we could let them pick up trash on the side of the road while they're all linked together with chains. At least that way Aids would be confined to prisons as opposed to infecting the rest of society and dragging everyone else down with them."

supersport, CureZone [Comments (36)] [2007-Jan-05]

Lol, especially given this quote:
    "What happened to the happy-go-lucky, peace-loving athiest? The reality is atheists are dreadfully miserable, foul-mouthed individuals....Truly the pond scum of society."

supersport, CureZone [Comments (42)] [2007-Mar-03]

Ok, I'm going to stop now. I just can't take anymore of this. I found this in one of my most favourite threads here.

Edit: Wait, one more:
    All Aboard! Everyone hop on the Darwinist holocaust train!

Well the everyone grab your ticket! The dark side is going to make it that every man, woman and child has free health care. It's not exactly the same, but for me it brings back images of the jews being led towards the death showers in Germany."

supersport, CARM.org [Comments (87)] [2007-Jan-25]

MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Supersport seems to lack in the brain department.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Supersport seems to lack in the brain department.

He doesn't need brains when he has the TRUTH behind him.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ah, I've seen the last quote on FSTDS.

He's mind-bogglingly dumb.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    more to the point, what's a "moral agent"?

They have a license to kill.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Also I had a dream where some crack-head stabbed me in the top of my head with a broken razor-blade to steal my Mass Comm text. And other stuff that I'm not actively trying to remember.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

But they don't use it.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Elendil wrote: »

But they don't use it.

Except on a whim.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hey, look what I found saved on my laptop.
    moniker wrote: »
    Johannen wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Johannen wrote: »
    Randomtask wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    The Hero wrote: »
    Of all the mods on the forums, I hate you the most.
    Of all the people who post here regularly, I think you're the stupidest.
    Nine of ten doctors agree. The tenth was Dr. Salvador, who is not a real doctor.

The 9th was Dr. Robotnik
    the 11th was Dr. Venture, who is also not a real Doctor

The 8th was Brock Samson, who is kind of a doctor-in-reverse.

The 7th was Dr. Nick, who IS a real doctor, but only in Tiajuana.

The 6th was Dr Zoidberg, who will be a doctor in 1000 years time.

The 5th was Doctor Strange, who was too busy saving our asses from some pan-dimensional horror to pay attention to the question.

The 4th was Dr. Pepper. Who was too busy being delicious to care.

The 3rd was Dr Hibbert, who chuckled throughout.

The 2nd was Dr. Huxtable, who seemed more concerned with "the jazz music" than the matter at hand.

The first was Dr. Who, who was actually the 10th.

Aaaah, good times, good times. Now off to uni for me!

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Also I had a dream where some crack-head stabbed me in the top of my head with a broken razor-blade to steal my Mass Comm text. And other stuff that I'm not actively trying to remember.

Cold turkey? :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

What are you talking about, now that I can move my limbs properly (that takes a few minutes after I wake up) my first priority is a cigarette.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

What are you talking about, now that I can move my limbs properly (that takes a few minutes after I wake up) my first priority is a cigarette.

I was asking what you had for dinner...

<.<
    >.>

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

I was asking what you had for dinner...

<.<
    >.>

I bet you were....

Aegeri on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Taaake me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty,

Ohhhhh pleeasseee take meeee dowwwn

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    No.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I’d do it, ELM, but you need to know that the girls in Paradise City are rather boring.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    CrimsonKing needs to learn that no one cares what his opinions are because said opinions are retarded.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited April 2007
    CrimsonKing needs to learn that no one cares what his opinions are because said opinions are retarded.

What thread?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007

Plus, he's never backed a single one up. The only thing separating him from the legion of banned trolls is lack of motivation. He just doesn't post enough.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.