As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Chuck those Pyukumuku, sniff those beds!

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Man, I've never liked ice Pokémon but Alolan Ninetales has warmed (heh) it's way into my heart.

Now I want a mono ice hailstorm team

A-tales, A-sandslash, beartic, Mega-abomasnow, and two more

Mamoswine maybe because I just love him and then ?????

Vanillluxe, the greatest ice Pokemon!

I do seriously love it. Mine in White one-shotted Reshiram and was my MVP for most of the game. It gets Snow Warning as an ability in Sun and Moon.

Hmmm that's not a bad idea. Frees up another mega slot, and also I forgot about cloyster for rapid spinning

EDIT: actually keeping mega abomasnow in, and having Vanilluxe with Ice Body might be an even better idea

DOUBLE EDIT: or maybe rapid spinning ice body avalugg!

Arch on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    ...this takes so much longer than DexNav chaining

Woof

DexNav was so good. Why, GameFreak, why?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    this game is still pokemon so it is fun and good but also it's probably my least favorite one yet

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Do pokes learn moves while they're on Isle Evelup? how does that work for replacing ones they already know?
    Old daycare rules. New move appears on the bottom and shunts off the move at the top.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    oh man ice type pokemon! how did I forget about crabominable

• Options
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    ok so

after much wrangling my final team in moon is

golisopod (MVP)
    decidueye
    magnezone
    salazzle
    zygarde
    crabominable

• Options
    *clutches alola ninetales to chest*

my precious bby!

*freezes solid*

• Options
    so far my in-game team, almost near the end is

Alola Ninetales
    Alola Marowak
    Alola Raticate (surprising MVP with Hustle Z-Takedown)
    Decidueye
    Lycanroc
    Bewear (other adorbs MVP)

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    FUCK

YES

Ground out Dittos for fucking ever, got my chain to 43 just to be safe. Last Ditto at 1 HP, threw my ultra Ball.

Rock

Rock

Rock

It broke free! Guh! It was so close, too!

Dang.

The wild Ditto called for help!

Sigh.

A wild Ditto appears! Sparkle! Sparkle!

Got a shiny Ditto just because the Ditto I wanted to catch broke out of his ball.

• Options
    It's 31/31/31/x/31/x

Not too shabby.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Thanks to some trades, my six is finalized before facing the fire Trial:

Lapis Lazuli the Brionne
    Pikabu the Mimikyu
    Tentomon the Charjabug
    Nobunaga the Jangmo-o
    Thirsty Girl the Salandit
    Samson the A-Diglett

I'll probably swap Samson for Solgaleo once I get there, cause Steel still doesn't stop Diglett/Dugtrio from dying to about 70% of attacks in one shot.

• Options
    On a whim I GTSed a few Vulpixes (Vulpices?) for Meowths and farmed myself a Destiny Knot. So that's one off the list.

I'd been hoping to swipe a Light Clay at the same time, but it was not to be. I'll do a dedicated Compoundeyes farming run eventually.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Making a bunch of adamant whimpods with aqua jet now.

At some point I should actually plan out a real team and breed towards that, but for now I'm just going by "hey this seems cool."

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    The plural of Vulpix is Vulpix

All pokemon are the same in singular and plural

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    @Billiardball I'm around now, got a Mareanie for you if you want it. I'll leave the forums up, so just ping me when you're around and I'll hop on.

Kanden on
  • Options
    Weird shit I have for ladies and dudes

Adamant Littens with Fake Out
    Jolly Littens with Fake Out
    Hidden Ability Modest Salandits
    Corrosive Modest Salandits

Extra Pheromosas, Xirkitrees, and Celesteelas, preferably for a Buzzwole and/or Kartana

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    On a whim I GTSed a few Vulpixes (Vulpices?) for Meowths and farmed myself a Destiny Knot. So that's one off the list.

I'd been hoping to swipe a Light Clay at the same time, but it was not to be. I'll do a dedicated Compoundeyes farming run eventually.

How long did that take? What levels and how many did you use?

• Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular

I got a Light Clay off one of my Meowths while farming my own Destiny Knot if you want it, chances are I won't be using it any time soon if ever

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options

I had five. One in the 40s, three in the 30s, and one at 28. I think it was actually the 28 that got it. I was doing other things and not watching the clock...maybe an hour? I also got two Moon Stones, one Big Nugget, one Pearl String, and some garbage.

• Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular

I had five. One in the 40s, three in the 30s, and one at 28. I think it was actually the 28 that got it. I was doing other things and not watching the clock...maybe an hour? I also got two Moon Stones, one Big Nugget, one Pearl String, and some garbage.

Much faster than mine, I think I wound up grinding battles for 2-3 hours on 3 24s and a 28 after seeing some comments elsewhere about level 24s picking them up

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Billiardball I'm around now, got a Mareanie for you if you want it. I'll leave the forums up, so just ping me when you're around and I'll hop on.

@Kanden Nice, I'm around now. Code is 0688-5244-6057 and I'll get online now.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Billiardball I'm around now, got a Mareanie for you if you want it. I'll leave the forums up, so just ping me when you're around and I'll hop on.

I'm in, name's Nik in game so just hit me up.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular

I'm in, name's Nik in game so just hit me up.

Awesome, thanks for that. Wasn't having any luck at all chaining one.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Do higher level encounters increase the chance of better PickUp items, or can you grind whatever crap

• Options
    I'm actually really enjoying the Pokepelago, getting free pokemon is pretty great

I've gotten some more common stuff but also a Lapras and a Mismagius just by checking in once in a while

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    Do higher level encounters increase the chance of better PickUp items, or can you grind whatever crap

Pickup's items only care about the level of the pokemon with Pickup, so you should be able to just grind it out on whatever you want

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    Apparently I caught a Boldore ages ago and didn't notice until now that it came with a free Everstone. Neat.

If any poor breeders somehow missed out on the free one from Ilima, you can have my spare.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Freeze-Dry is a great move. Blizzard p good in snow, though.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Freeze-Dry is a great move stuck on Pokemon with bad typings.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Radius wrote: »
    Freeze-Dry is a great move stuck on Pokemon with bad typings.

welcome to the ice type!

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Ok, I think I've got my team set for the story

Decidueye
    A-Sandslash
    Espeon
    Salazzle
    Kommo-o
    Zygarde

I don't usually use legendaries, but Zygarde's whole deal in this one is really fun.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    You could pick a more viable type for your favorite

Like... Bug, maybe Grass.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    okay but really when are we gonna get a pokemon with trick room as an ability

edit: make it an alt evolution for porygon2 that's not corrupted

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh no! focus punch isn't a TM anymore! which means I can't make subpunching poliwraths anymore! I can't even bring up my old gen 4 poliwrath until the bank opens, and then I will have to actually go through the hassle of doing gen 5 to move my gen 4 shit up to get it into the bank! god damn it why not make focus punch an egg move if you're going to remove it from the TM list???

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Well hello there level 11 Salamence, welcome to the team. I highly recommend making a sos smeargle, makes chaining so much easier. I'm rolling with False Swipe, Soak, Spore, and Vice Grip on mine right now, switch out false swipe with skill swap if I'm specifically searching for a hidden ability. Takes like no time at all to setup if you can source the 4 moves. Go to route 2 and find a wild smeargle, lead with the pokemon that knows the move you want, use an adrenaline orb and let the smeargle struggle itself until it calls an ally, the turn it calls the ally use the move you want to learn on the struggling smeargle and sub your smeargle in. Easy peasy.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    okay but really when are we gonna get a pokemon with trick room as an ability

edit: make it an alt evolution for porygon2 that's not corrupted

it seems like a move giratina would use what with its ability to create zelda lost woods puzzles

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Topsy Turvy, but as a Room effect.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Well, it finally happened: I got into a battle where I won by choosing the correct dialogue option.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484559376
    Celesteela completely walled Golisopod in multiple matches I'd had before because my only non-priority was Leech Life, and probably still would have in this match if not for Life Orb Liquidation. Operating in the Rain with a Life Orb changes Golisopod from being "a good revenge killer" to "a horrifying bug dude" so long as he's packing that move. If I'd thought harder about the psychic terrain he probably would have ended up sweeping the entire team.

A properly set-up Alolan Raichu is still maybe the scariest single Pokemon I've ever fielded, I can't not use him

I'm using Dhelmise a lot and enjoying him, he's good for blocking Rapid Spin and also good as a Rapid Spinner, but there's something I feel like I'm missing here. I sort of miss Dragonite being an unstoppable hellbeast in the rain, maybe bringing them back with Choice Specs is viable...?

This must be what feels like to be A Bug Boy, where a big scary arthropod is now my favorite pokemon in a new gen

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.