As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Release some [steam]: Play games!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Is there any sort of game on steam that has fire emblem levels of....."get your subordinates to hook up in precise parings to ensure maximum battlefield compatibility and genome?"

Besides massive chalice of course, which I should retry.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Drunk off my own petard
    @Scratchy decides that he needs to reciprocate whatever weak attack I sent him and makes me feel feels I haven't felt whilst in my drunken stupor.

Seriously....

0Cyb7hL.jpg

DUDE!!!

AmW1xL2.jpg

BLOODY STOP!!

Skez2P5.jpg

I had too many man!! YOU CANNOT TRUST ME!!!
    I really do not deserve any of this...

You deserved it far more than I do.
    This person and this thread are far greater than I can ever hope to be... <3

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Is there any sort of game on steam that has fire emblem levels of....."get your subordinates to hook up in precise parings to ensure maximum battlefield compatibility and genome?"

Besides massive chalice of course, which I should retry.
    Conception II does the whole eugenics thing

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Weak attack? @Firebird did send me Aces Wild and Doom. I kind of have a soft spot for doom and heard good things about the newer one. It wasn't totally unprovoked. It also wasn't an attack or any kind of crazy reciprocation.... Those sales are good.

Edit: 8 year old badge today whoohooo! Everything is looking up!

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I bought doom on Xbox on friday
    it's pretty good

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    That sound you heard was me double tapping my character in A Valley Without Wind straight into a cluster of mines.

Literally the first mission with this gal.

I was just thinking, I should avoid prolonged fights with this character, she's an explorer, not a fighter.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    So, I'm apparently bad at things, because I went to sleep last night not realizing @Zavian had struck once more, with the weird

2WGKybg.png

I mean, the words are accurate, I guess? They are all present in any case. I will ask him of his reasoning, when he recovers from his last night.

Thanks, @Zavian / Drunk @Zavian !

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I picked up Abzu because it was ten bucks. I am playing it right now and while it has some really sloppy technical issues I think I'm going to wear out my screenshot button.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Hey guys, Skyborn is super cheap right now.

I'm still not allowing myself to buy anything this sale, so can't gift it (and own it through the Dancing Dragon website so don't think about getting classy with me!), but it's an excellent little RPG so definitely want to let you all know.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Seconding Skyborn, it just has some UI improvements it could make and a few stat abbreviations could be explained better (or at all).

And no idea how the hell you're supposed to kill an optional boss near the end, I had to alt-f4 the game to get out of the sloooowly losing fight.

But seconded!

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    New work schedule (Australian hours, Australian-not-US-holidays) has been kicking my behind, so I decided to sort my wishlist by price and buy everything under 5 bucks.
    vpb4ndqguwol.png

Now to see if I finish even one of them by Winter Steamsmas.

Edit: wow that is huge. I am not used to having such a high desktop resolution. Putting behind spoiler.

baudattitude on
  • Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    I was away from Steam for a bit as I sucked the marrow out of my PSVR... I come back to find that Subnautica and Project Cars are on sale, for those that prefer the Virtual Reality to the Real.

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    LutExIV wrote: »
    I was away from Steam for a bit as I sucked the marrow out of my PSVR... I come back to find that Subnautica and Project Cars are on sale, for those that prefer the Virtual Reality to the Real.

If you're on the fence about Project Cars, there is a free version of the game called the "Pagani Edition" that has three tracks and a few Pagani cars to drive on them with.

Pagani isn't exactly my favorite automobile manufacturer, but the free version of Project Cars was fun to goof around with for a bit and should make for a pretty solid game demo if anyone was thinking of picking the game up but wanted to try it first.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Will this sale just end already?! The temptation is too great!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    gBAZgBAZ Registered User regular
    Thanks @Zavian for Dr.Green
    Firebird wrote: »
    Bringing back FRIDAY NIGHT GAMING!

This week, a little Terraria is in order.

terraria_logo_hd_by_dragondeplatino-d6r6e7d.png

Our goal?
    Complete the game, i.e.; beating all the bosses, in one night if possible. A boss rush... if you will/

I've only recently started Terraria, latest boss I killed was Wall of Flesh (wow such a huge up spike in difficulty after I killed it), long story short I refused to spoil the bosses I haven't killed yet, so'll I'll have to skip this event (if it takes place).

If your planned event doesn't take off, perhaps you could do a "new-character + new-world pre-hardmode rush".
    I'd try that. I'm not the best player mechanically speaking (all that grappling and jumping not yet good at, though I just did get my first pair of wings yesterday!)

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    What time would this terraria fest be? I would like to participate but I have stuff that I do on fridays.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I am interested too, but my new job has me at work till like 10 EST so I would likely not be home till 20-30 mins after that. However, I have an unusual amount of free time this weekend so having something like that to do all friday night is right up my ally. My character is really old though, like first couple of patches old.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I'm interested, but if the kid duty (or doody) called, I might have to bail, and if the world force dropped more than coins on death I'd be out.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    I picked up a copy and put it in my gift buffer, but does Hunted coop work? It's okay if it's a single-player game but I do have a friend who would be all over coop dungeoning.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    LD50 wrote: »
    What time would this terraria fest be? I would like to participate but I have stuff that I do on fridays.

I was thinking somewhere around 9 PM Central time, though we will try to be flexible so we can get as many as we can when we start.
    So in reality, it can take place at any point in time. Let's just see how many can sign up first.

Though anyone can jump in at any time.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2016
    gBAZ wrote: »
    Thanks @Zavian for Dr.Green

I've only recently started Terraria, latest boss I killed was Wall of Flesh (wow such a huge up spike in difficulty after I killed it), long story short I refused to spoil the bosses I haven't killed yet, so'll I'll have to skip this event (if it takes place).

If your planned event doesn't take off, perhaps you could do a "new-character + new-world pre-hardmode rush".
    I'd try that. I'm not the best player mechanically speaking (all that grappling and jumping not yet good at, though I just did get my first pair of wings yesterday!)

This is initially what I wanted.

If we get a lot of people to join, then this is definitely something we can run.
    But without them, then we'll need to cheat a little if we're planning on getting to the end game.

I want this session to be leisurely as possible.
    Sorry, I was more or less was being vague on this...

I will update this as we move towards the week.

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I've got borderlands two and was thinking about picking it up for my wife for Christmas so we could play co-op together. I play through borderlands two on the Xbox 360, but never did touch any of the DLC stuff. So my question is this; if I buy her the game of the year edition it includes everything, right? Does that mean I'll have to buy all of the other DLC piecemeal?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    @Firebird consider me in then. I would be about 20-30 minutes late but totally down otherwise. If you do start with pre-done characters expect mine to suck at best, or be broken and unplayable at worst.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I finally got a perfect level in Dishonored!

Never mind that it was the opening of The Brigmore Witches and there were no enemies - the end of mission screen was perfect!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Finished up Dishonored 2. Thanks to @Corpekata for popping in here early on and mentioning you probably want to play the first games' DLC before playing the sequel.
    Seems pretty crucial to get the big picture for the beats they're hitting. I completed the whole thing no kills/no detection. But I wouldn't reccomend it. At least not the no detection thing. Too many quirks in spots that break it in weird ways. Had to look a few things up for the final stage that weren't making sense to me. Although I take issue with my Clean Hands achievement. I may not have killed any people, but those poor dogs.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I've got borderlands two and was thinking about picking it up for my wife for Christmas so we could play co-op together. I play through borderlands two on the Xbox 360, but never did touch any of the DLC stuff. So my question is this; if I buy her the game of the year edition it includes everything, right? Does that mean I'll have to buy all of the other DLC piecemeal?

@MNC Dover, BL2 GOTY includes all the DLC and character packs. This is what's in there. So you wouldn't miss any content. There are a ton of cosmetic packs that aren't included, but that shouldn't prevent you and your wife from vault hunting together. :)

EDIT: That's assuming you have the DLC. Are you asking whether you would have to buy the DLC piecemeal if your wife has it and you don't?

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I should clarify, I have the base game and just won a giveaway that had the Mechromancer pack. I'm not entirely sure how steam DLC works though, if I buy the game of the year with that be the best value or will it not work?

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I should clarify, I have the base game and just won a giveaway that had the Mechromancer pack. I'm not entirely sure how steam DLC works though, if I buy the game of the year with that be the best value or will it not work?

For yourself? Yes, you should be able to buy the GOTY over top of your base game, and that is absolutely the best way to pick up all of the (excellent) DLC for it right now during the sale and is a pretty damn good value.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I picked up Rainbow Six: Siege this weekend because 50% off and I'm a sucker for sales. I put about 4 hours into it and I can feel the hooks digging in.

Anyone else play and want to add me on Steam? I should be easy to find.

Be warned, I am awful and I have no idea what I'm doing. Most of my rounds involve me dying first or second, and I think I got two kills total last night in multiplayer. Huge learning curve, but at least it's fun to lose!

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Would it be possible to unload the duplicate items as gifts? I doubt it but never hurts to ask.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Nope. If you buy the gold edition you don't get any extras. It would just give you the stuff you didn't have.

Edit: Some games have bundles on their store page where you can pick up the DLC you don't have and still get a discount on top of the sale price but I assume you aren't talking about that.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    catchmecatchme Registered User regular
    Can someone throw me an invite to steam Group ? :)
    Name : Mushima

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »

I was thinking somewhere around 9 PM Central time, though we will try to be flexible so we can get as many as we can when we start.
    So in reality, it can take place at any point in time. Let's just see how many can sign up first.

Though anyone can jump in at any time.

I will be busy then, but I might be able to join in later on, depending on how late it runs.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Newest game on my battlefield of fighting against backlog is Dreamfall:Chapters, sequel to 2006 Dreamfall, which was a sequel to 1999 The Longest Journey.

The Longest Journey remains one of my favourite games ever, and had my favourite female protagonist ever. Dreamfall:Chapters is a pretty good story... but a pretty bad game, and pretty bad sequel to earlier games. Or in other words:

Creators had 7 BLOODY YEARS to to think about what to do with plotlines and how to resolve infamous cliffhanger of previous game, AND THEY STILL managed to make a game with a lot of filler, and a lot of plotlines that go absolutely nowhere. This, once again, makes me angry.

I really have to find some new game to play when im too angry to play anything else. Renowned Explorers shouldn't carry that burden alone.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    catchme wrote: »
    Can someone throw me an invite to steam Group ? :)
    Name : Mushima

Welcome back, @catchme! Adventure Team is for folks who are a bit more active here on the forum than you've been to date.

But stick around! Play some games. Talk about games. Come join chat as a guest! Group invites will follow as icing on the delicious community cake you can now eat. :)

EDIT: Oh, the general PA group? Sent!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    Thanks!
    I see, np, i was thinking about the regular steam Group but i Guess the same applies there?

• Options
    skinkbaaskinkbaa Registered User regular
    I picked up Rainbow Six: Siege this weekend because 50% off and I'm a sucker for sales. I put about 4 hours into it and I can feel the hooks digging in.

Anyone else play and want to add me on Steam? I should be easy to find.

Be warned, I am awful and I have no idea what I'm doing. Most of my rounds involve me dying first or second, and I think I got two kills total last night in multiplayer. Huge learning curve, but at least it's fun to lose!

Yeah sure, I'll add you later.

Used to play a ton, not so much recently though so I'll be rusty.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    *bows to classy steamers!

So, has anyone anything good to say about the Secret world? It looks kinda amazing....

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    catchme wrote: »
    *bows to classy steamers!

So, has anyone anything good to say about the Secret world? It looks kinda amazing....

Basically TSW is the best.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    TSW is a game that is extremely polarizing depending on what you're looking for in an MMO. It is a great game if you enjoy story in your game, figuring out puzzles and resolving quest lines that involve characters that you can enjoy talking to. It is the absolute worst game if you rush through stories and focus on combat and stuff related to that.

If you want to get immersed in a very "secret society" focused game, it is very very highly recommended. If you like immersive combat and gameplay, probably should stay away from it.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
This discussion has been closed.