As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Internet Radio [Podcasts]

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Joel's pumpkin crime story is glorious.

STEALING PUMPKINS IS A CRIME

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

That's why David "Stealing" Pumpkins is so scary.

Hit it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m71Qe6B7C-I

sig.gif
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

"At a certain point I was kinda just in it for the fun."

"...That's what ALL criminals say, Joel!"

Mx. Quill on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    One of the players in the dnd campaign I'm running is currently rolling a new character, a dwarven cleric of the God of nature

Should I just remove their arm now to save time?

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So is the Giant Bomb East annual holiday tradition just going to be Vinny playing someone Doing Crime dressed as Santa

6F32U1X.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

Hit it!

I think SNL must have recorded their version of this specifically for the sketch because it's impossible to find it without the audience.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I enjoy the rare occasions when Drew breaks out his Dave Lang impression.

One of the players in the dnd campaign I'm running is currently rolling a new character, a dwarven cleric of the God of nature

Should I just remove their arm now to save time?

Invest in a lot of potions.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    One of my favorite moments from the most recent Bombcasts is after the Overwatch lootbox discussion, Drew just quietly says "Merry Christmas, lootbox."

There was no response to it, but it made me guffaw.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I don't get it.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

Hit it!

I think SNL must have recorded their version of this specifically for the sketch because it's impossible to find it without the audience.

the thing is, it's purposefully just a simple, short tune that sounds a lot like it was made with an old casio keyboard

if anyone really cared they could presumably have just remade it themselves with minimal effort

Hit it!

the thing is, it's purposefully just a simple, short tune that sounds a lot like it was made with an old casio keyboard

if anyone really cared they could presumably have just remade it themselves with minimal effort

No, it's the breakdown from this (3 minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmmyRzx0UVE

They just recorded a slightly different version for the show.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Definitely influenced by it/a homage to it, but also definitely legally distinct.

DarkPrimus on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    What if you just vaped in your room and didn't tell anyone? Can you even tell?

captaink on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    What if you just vaped in your room and didn't tell anyone? Can you even tell?
    Yeah, the rooms next door or below/above you can smell it

CYpGAPn.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    many of polygon's longer form articles are really good!

http://www.polygon.com/features/2016/12/19/13878484/game-industry-worker-misclassification

it's just that due to what makes money, they're visible on the front page for like a day, and then they're buried with "BLIZZARD CONFIRMS IT IS STILL WORKING ON NEW HEROES FOR OVERWATCH"

liEt3nH.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

http://www.polygon.com/features/2016/12/19/13878484/game-industry-worker-misclassification

it's just that due to what makes money, they're visible on the front page for like a day, and then they're buried with "BLIZZARD CONFIRMS IT IS STILL WORKING ON NEW HEROES FOR OVERWATCH"

And YOU WON'T BELIEVE THESE THREE ROGUE ONE EASTER EGGS

God

What happened to Polygon is simultaneously the saddest and most inevitable thing

Remember when they had that documentary before they'd even launched their own website?

Good times

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    Seeing as a good chunk of Polygon came from Joystiq, I imagine they're happier having to sling a bit of slop when it lets them also write articles they care about and create media content they enjoy, as opposed to lose their jobs.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Just now finishing the most recent TAZ.

Heck yeah, Flophouse Adventure Zone 2.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    It sounds like the TAZ Facebook group might have had a lot of people complaining about another Flop House episode?

I guess it was kinda divisive

6F32U1X.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    It sounds like the TAZ Facebook group might have had a lot of people complaining about another Flop House episode?

Well they're wrong and I hate them and love Tanzer Silverview

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    God that is just maddening

I get being invested in the story but the Flophouse guys outdid my already very high expectations

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Olivaw wrote: »

And YOU WON'T BELIEVE THESE THREE ROGUE ONE EASTER EGGS

God

What happened to Polygon is simultaneously the saddest and most inevitable thing

Remember when they had that documentary before they'd even launched their own website?

Good times

those kind of articles pay for those good long form episodes, it's kind of the reality of online journalism, especially with sites that don't have subscription options

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I did not much care for the first flop house episode

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I 100% understand wanting to get more TAZ

Being shitty to the flophouse guys just sucks tho

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    I especially don't get the complaint that the Flop House guys were so much lewder than the standard crew, whose nickname for themselves is Tres Horny Boys

6F32U1X.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

Well they're wrong and I hate them and love Tanzer Silverview

the image of tanzer shouting SILVERVIEW as he repeatedly stabbed the sheriff is

so good

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I appreciated Stuart's consistent bustling everyone along to keep the story moving.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I especially don't get the complaint that the Flop House guys were so much lewder than the standard crew, whose nickname for themselves is Tres Horny Boys

True but tres horny boys have never done an extended sequence where they roll to see how wet their dicks get

True but tres horny boys have never done an extended sequence where they roll to see how wet their dicks get

remember when there was a 10 minute sequence of merle fucking a plant

the one thing that's very jarring about the first fearsome threesome episode is that it's very standard fantasy

griffin loves to blend genres but I get the impression that stuart, who owns a bar named hinterlands, is an enthusiast of very rote sword and sorcery stuff

which is not a bad thing!

Is the quest in the first Flop House episode out of the book, or did Stuart write it?

6F32U1X.png
    i believe it's a stuart original, i can't find anything about it on the internet

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Reading ahead on homestuck after finishing Alpha episode 19, you would not believe the ridiculous fun I'm having reading Equius' lines aloud in a close approximation to the voice of Christopher Lee.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Man I just realized the most disappointing part about that Adventure Zone comic will be that literally nothing about Fantasy Costco or Garfield, The Deals Warlock can go in it unchanged

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.