As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Internet Radio [Podcasts]

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Yeah, I was thinking of starting next year. Folks, @ me if you're interested in guesting/being a regular.

Just call me number 1 mori

Tallahasseeriel on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah of the episodes of Trek I've seen... like the first six episodes of TOS and a few parts of the various series but no full episodes that I can remember?

Oh aside from the first episode of Enterprise, which,uh

edited December 2016
    Enterprise started really badly.

I'll save more of my trekspertise and opinions for whenever we actually record something though because that'll be more fun.

But yeah I've probably seen every episode of next gen multiple times. Most of the notable ones from tos and ds9. And just the worst of voyager and enterprise.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Shit got real in this Cosmic Call. If you haven't started listening yet, this might be a good time, this feels like it was a turning point for the show. And I was going to do a House of Leaves thing, but it doesn't look like we can do font colors.

Please do not open the Break Room

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    @Moriveth I will join you on this five year mission

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I think Audio Entropy put a moritorium on rewatch podcasts for the time being, given that they have so many.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Enterprise started bad but reached "okay" at the last season when they just went for it and had episodes like the Mirror Universe ones that tied into the Tholian Web episode from the original Star Trek series.

Just seeing a TOS era Constituition class starship just fucking blowing the shit out of other ships because it was from the future and thus way more powerful was totally worth it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also I've watched all of every Star Trek, written a research paper on the cultural significance of TOS in the 1960's and have read the technical manual. So if you guys ever need anything explained, let me know.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

So many scenes of them slathering each other with that decontamination gel. Barfo.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    So many scenes of them slathering each other with that decontamination gel. Barfo.

Pretty sure that was just astroglide

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I think Audio Entropy put a moritorium on rewatch podcasts for the time being, given that they have so many.

we have, and have actually already turned one show down because of it

it's not that we'll never do one again, but that A) we want to wait a little while first and B) we want to make sure we've added at least a decent amount of non-rewatch content first

But

Butt.

Star trek!!

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Oh neat, you guys actually make podcasts over here, not just listen to them and talk about how good they are?

on the upside, between Cosmic Call, Trans Mission Radio, HM96, Inside the Master's Studio, and Going Pear Shaped, I feel like we've made some good headway into stipulation B, at least

Oh neat, you guys actually make podcasts over here, not just listen to them and talk about how good they are?

yup! though we try to keep self-promotion to an absolute minimum, otherwise Tube gets angry

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

yup! though we try to keep self-promotion to an absolute minimum, otherwise Tube gets angry

Can I get a link or some info without violating protocol? I've recorded a few things just for fun with some friends in the past and had a really good time, a community of shows here sounds cool.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Is anyone here enough of a Patreon subscriber to We Hate Movies to get access to their Star Trek show?

I wonder if that's any good

6F32U1X.png
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Well this Cosmic Call got pretty rough, but i think everybody became a lot closer by working through this crisis!

You could almost say there was some good and some bad

• Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

Can I get a link or some info without violating protocol? I've recorded a few things just for fun with some friends in the past and had a really good time, a community of shows here sounds cool.

as a fan and not a podcaster you can go to http://www.audioentropy.com/

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Heh, Butt Star Trek

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Heh, Butt Star Trek

Star Butts

jnij103vqi2i.png
    This blanket I got for Christmas is full of static. What little hair I have on my head is standing up because I'm under it.

This has been the Uriel bedtime update.

Uriel wrote: »
    This blanket I got for Christmas is full of static. What little hair I have on my head is standing up because I'm under it.

This has been the Uriel bedtime update.

I'm gonna update the Uriel Bedtime Twitter account right now!

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I'm so glad Let's Place is a thing that exists

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I have enjoyed the hell out of Let's Place

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    well looks like the palmer lucky/oculus stuff as hottest mess was clairvoyant

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Is anyone here enough of a Patreon subscriber to We Hate Movies to get access to their Star Trek show?

I wonder if that's any good

They only make it once a month so I'm waiting until they have a respectable backlog before I become a patron

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    They're going to Lt. L.T. Smash it out of the park

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Good to know I still can't listen to Magic Brian in public without cracking up.

Merle's story importance kinda gets screwed over by the dice early on. Like, in a more fair world he got the Umbrastaff.

His loss is immediately followed up the first instance of Zone of Truth though, so it all evens out.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I spent entirely too long making this twitter thread

Luke that twitter thread has been really fun!

You have really cool toys can I come over and play with them?

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

well, now I hope this character gets incorporated

6F32U1X.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I remember people saying that the Illusive Man in Mass Effect 2 pronounced human as "yuman". I never really noticed that, but I am noticing that Danielle Riendeau pronounces it like that and it bothers me a lot more than it should.

Also for some reason they say "human" a lot on Waypoint Radio, making it worse.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    yoomanity

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

we have, and have actually already turned one show down because of it

it's not that we'll never do one again, but that A) we want to wait a little while first and B) we want to make sure we've added at least a decent amount of non-rewatch content first

I'm just going to use the moratorium as a great excuse as to why I can't dedicate any time to getting my pipe-dream of a Real Ghostbusters rewatch podcast off the ground. Maybe by the time one of the other podcasts' series finishes I'll be less over-extended and better-equipped technically.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I'm sure people will champion and support most any podcast made by podcast thread regulars, regardless of its network affiliation! no excuses to not podcast, aside from the obvious one of podcasting being morally wrong

f2ojmwh3geue.png
This discussion has been closed.