As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

bugout [chat]

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I think she was a Disney kid?

Or is it just that she's like 25 and acts like she's 12?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    That's the one thing I'm missing is a good shovel. I don't even have a poop hole shovel.

Can genuinely recommend the norwegian army shovel. 10 cm folded, 50 cm unfolded.

I mean I actually don't know how good it is at digging, I've never dug a whole with one. But I chopped down trees, broke open padlocks, smacked an ancient battered hq tent set into submission, hammered stuff, etc etc

fits rather comfortably in a gun belt or on a webbing vest. Cost like nothing at all.

I will get one then. Thank you.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    It would probably be wise to carry tobacco with you. Cigarettes apparently last forever if the dude who buys 60 year old MREs and has a smoke from them is to be believed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    so this week for dinner i have had whiskey

this is possibly not the best plan

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    my biggest hurdle is going to be a lack of tobacco but I'm in the Southeast US so I can probably get access to a tobacco farm and there's a lot of stuff I can smoke in a pipe if need be.

you actually get over smoking really quickly if you have to, like, worry about not dying

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    It would probably be wise to carry tobacco with you. Cigarettes apparently last forever if the dude who buys 60 year old MREs and has a smoke from them is to be believed.

cigarettes mos def go awful with age

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

what sucks is I hate cigarettes. LOVE smokeless tobacco and enjoy a good pipe in cold days but I hate cigarettes. I keep a pack or two in the bug out bag as barter tho

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    so this week for dinner i have had whiskey

this is possibly not the best plan

Correct, it is the bestest plan.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    It feels like Ariana Grande shouldn't be famous.

Some sort of insincere millennial hodgepodge made real.

Poppy is Ariana Grande?

mein gott

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    like as much as you think quitting smoking is hard

and it totally is

not having the option to smoke actually makes it really fkin easy

• Options
    edited November 2016
    That's the one thing I'm missing is a good shovel. I don't even have a poop hole shovel.

Can genuinely recommend the norwegian army shovel. 10 cm folded, 50 cm unfolded.

FELTSPADE%20002.JPG
    FELTSPADE%20003.JPG

I mean I actually don't know how good it is at digging, I've never dug a whole with one. But I chopped down trees, broke open padlocks, smacked an ancient battered hq tent set into submission, hammered stuff, etc etc

fits rather comfortably in a gun belt or on a webbing vest. Cost like nothing at all.

that's not a shovel, it's an entrenching tool

the difference is you can murder people with them.

edit: you have never dug a hole. English better.

redx on
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

and it totally is

see I dip, which is like 100 times worse on the addict scale.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    You can probably murder people well with any shovel.

• Options

FELTSPADE%20002.JPG
    FELTSPADE%20003.JPG

it is a shovel, because our army calls a spade a spade sometimes. (literally - shovel is spade in norwegian)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSgfpTZEgGU

Are you telling me this YouTube is a lie.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

and it totally is

oh well

um

rip

• Options

FELTSPADE%20002.JPG
    FELTSPADE%20003.JPG

it is a shovel, because our army calls a spade a spade sometimes. (literally - shovel is spade in norwegian)

didn't think a burn like that could be made in Norway. Must be frostbite.

:D

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

and it totally is

Yeah the hard part isn't the quitting. Like you're kinda grumpy for a couple days and then you hit the hard part

having the willpower to resist how trivial it is to obtain them

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @SniperGuy what is your battle.net tag? I decided to do the wins promo and played two games with @cptrugged and it was fun, except I don't know what half the heros in the game do anymore and forgot how to get on my horse; etc. And they definitely changed the leveling order of stuff I play so who even knows what's going on there.
    Anyway I'm up to play more (credeiki#1637).

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »

the engineer battalion arranged their pouches differently so that they could, in one smooth motion taking about a second, grab the shovel, pull it out, extend it and kill someone with it, because the engineer battalion had an overall weirdly close relationship with their shovels.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

and it totally is

oh well

um

rip

my quit record is a little over a year then I got a travel job. I'm on like 3 cans a day now.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

bucket-and-spade_3.jpg

These weapons of death...

• Options

FELTSPADE%20002.JPG
    FELTSPADE%20003.JPG

spade is also a shovel here

also a terrible slur

also one time kathleen parker wrote a column about obama and said "let's not be afraid to call a farming implement a farming implement" which i assume she thought was really clever

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    whoops I watched the 2nd episode of this season of black mirror

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Listening to everyone saying Pokemon names with Spanish accents is delightful.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSgfpTZEgGU

Are you telling me this YouTube is a lie.

I've never had canned cigarettes so I dunno

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

FELTSPADE%20002.JPG
    FELTSPADE%20003.JPG

yeah I think the us army has something similar

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Zampanov wrote: »

FELTSPADE%20002.JPG
    FELTSPADE%20003.JPG

they do but it's surprisingly a bitch to find. All I can find at army/navy stores is that Rothco knock off bullshit.

• Options
    I wasn't especially interested in all the ways to kill people with shovels and knives and whatnot because we had goddamn rifles

what beats any knife technique is "take a step back, shoot the fucker"

also I was in the artillery's HQ battery why use a rifle when I can use howitzers

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    What if you had a howitzer

That could fire shovels

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I wasn't especially interested in all the ways to kill people with shovels and knives and whatnot because we had goddamn rifles

what beats any knife technique is "take a step back, shoot the fucker"

also I was in the artillery's HQ battery why use a rifle when I can use howitzers

What if they deflect your bullets with their knife. Then you'll wish you had the shovel.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

FELTSPADE%20002.JPG
    FELTSPADE%20003.JPG

so I'm drank.

not only did the us have something similar, for a while it.was banded about as the implement used by OJ Simpson to murder people.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

What? She has an incredible voice. I don't know about the other stuff, I guess.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    What if you had a howitzer

That could fire shovels

0j0mauggdbwf.jpg

• Options
    x4ej19xqoa0l.jpg

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

and it totally is

oh well

um

rip

my quit record is a little over a year then I got a travel job. I'm on like 3 cans a day now.

Fuck dude that's a lot

I'm on the patch and I went from a pack a day to like 7 cigs a day at the moment in about two weeks.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options

What? She has an incredible voice. I don't know about the other stuff, I guess.

All I could hear was the auto tuning in the commercial.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

and it totally is

oh well

um

rip

Fuck dude that's a lot

I'm on the patch and I went from a pack a day to like 7 cigs a day at the moment in about two weeks.

yeaaaaahhhh. I've been stressed and it's a COPEing mechanism as they say.

I do plan to kick it eventually or at least drastically cut back. Holidays are rough on me though so not at the moment.

• Options

FELTSPADE%20002.JPG
    FELTSPADE%20003.JPG

they do but it's surprisingly a bitch to find. All I can find at army/navy stores is that Rothco knock off bullshit.

I can find the norwegian one at a ton of stores that aren't even army surplus stores, which is cool

https://www.cal.no/Hjem-og-Fritid/Vinterprodukter/Snørydding/Feltspade-sammenleggbar-m-trekk-640679-p0000047989

the good kind, too. There was a black type in the army as well, it had more plastic and I avoided it like the plague. I wanted the one I could forget in front of a leopard 2 and still use. But this one is the right one (it's just not green because green is actually not a great colour to have your stuff in)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    not everything needs to be camoflagued

sometimes it's nice not to lose something the instant you put it on the forest floor

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.