As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking for someone to go to PAX West with

NineSoulsNineSouls Registered User new member
I would like to go to PAX West but would like to go with someone or a group. Is there anyone that lives in Portland or west of it that is planning on going to PAX West? Maybe we can meet and see if we become friends and then go to PAX West together.

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    NineSouls wrote: »
    I would like to go to PAX West but would like to go with someone or a group. Is there anyone that lives in Portland or west of it that is planning on going to PAX West? Maybe we can meet and see if we become friends and then go to PAX West together.

There are quite a few of us here in Portland. We don't nec travel together, but we do see each other at PAX and occasionally do random lunches (esp the pin traders)

• nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Another PDX-ish person here (north of Vancouver). Hoping to go this year, depends on some things out of my control. Feel free to send a DM.

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png
  • SunniSunni Registered User new member
    Hey NineSouls, my close friend and I are planning on going of youre interested in meeting up. What would be the best way to get in contact?

• davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I'm in the Portland area as well. I would be willing to meet up with fellow gamers in the area. I've gone to PAX alone and it was ok, but a group would be much more fun. This year it looks like my wife is coming with me. Woot!

davobah on
    ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • dragonmammadragonmamma OregonRegistered User regular
    My son, friend Jason and myself are taking a train from Portland on Thursday. Always willing to meet new people. How are you getting to PAX?

• jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular
    Just as a heads up, the Pre-PAX Boardgame Night is a great place to meet new people. I highly recommend it if you're traveling alone and want to try something new.

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    My wife and I are out in WashCo, and love meeting new peoples. We used to go to the Wednesday night board gaming at My Father's Place, but that's been tricky to get to with my work schedule. If anyone knows of a good night westside, we'd love to know about it.

• Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    My partner and I are coming from PDX.

Rhea_starstorm on
  • pakedpaked Coder who does education/vr/games Registered User new member
    None of my friends own a Switch, but I've been dying to try out it's LAN/local co-op capabilities.

Anyone want to do a massive MK8 tournament?

• I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    someone say meet ups?

I3izzy on
    ZYseqtZ.png
    I3izzy wrote: »
    someone say meet ups?

we did a PDX Meetup years ago. haven't done one in awhile, but not sure if many of that same group hang out or go anymore. Itd be fun to do another one.

• DyanneNovaDyanneNova Registered User regular
    Anyone from Portland doing BYOC? I'm looking for a group.

• bubblegirl22bubblegirl22 portlandRegistered User regular
    Solelron wrote: »
    someone say meet ups?

we did a PDX Meetup years ago. haven't done one in awhile, but not sure if many of that same group hang out or go anymore. Itd be fun to do another one.

I'd be down for a Portland meet up. It's would be cool to make some new close by friends.

• TamwulfTamwulf Registered User regular
    I just had the great fortune to get a badge, and I live in the Vancouver area. Where/when is this meet up? Are we talking in the Portland area before PAX, or at PAX?

Witty Comments Require No Explanation,
    Sarcasm Allows None.
    edited August 2017
    Tamwulf wrote: »
    I just had the great fortune to get a badge, and I live in the Vancouver area. Where/when is this meet up? Are we talking in the Portland area before PAX, or at PAX?

I'm not sure there is one set up yet but I would be down to meet up at pax late Saturday morning. We could all wander the main floor together.

Or is there a different day that works better for everyone? I have saturday, Sunday and Monday passes so I'm down to meet up on any of those days.

bubblegirl22 on
    Tamwulf wrote: »

I'm not sure there is one set up yet but I would be down to meet up at pax late Saturday morning. We could all wander the main floor together.

Or is there a different day that works better for everyone? I have saturday, Sunday and Monday passes so I'm down to meet up on any of those days.

on site meetups are tricky as everyone has different priorities. however a lot of us may be in town early, or we schedule it for pre/after pax back in portland :)
    (FTR I'll be up there starting tuesday afternoon till tuesday afternoon)

• nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I think a post-PAX meetup would be good.

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png
  • gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    I'd totally be down for a post-PAX meetup. You know, so we can commiserate, cry on each other's shoulders because it's over, figure out which stage of grief we're in (I always go through them all, from denial that it's over, to anger that it wasn't good enough, to acceptance that I'll be going again next year).
    We're from Salem, but a meetup in Portland is totally doable for us!

I'd totally be down for a post-PAX meetup. You know, so we can commiserate, cry on each other's shoulders because it's over, figure out which stage of grief we're in (I always go through them all, from denial that it's over, to anger that it wasn't good enough, to acceptance that I'll be going again next year).
    We're from Salem, but a meetup in Portland is totally doable for us!

Haha I'm in Salem for the fair right now. XD

edited August 2017
    I'm from pdx (SW) and will be at the start of term feast/ triwizard tournament if any of you will be there. Getting a forum badge, so that should help with ID :) Also I have bright red hair atm.

Rhea_starstorm on
  • davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    I and MrsDavobah (she made that name up, not me) will be at the start of term feast. See you there!

ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I'm out on the west side of Portland and I'd love to do a meetup. During PAX tends to be a bit difficult because everyone wants to go do their own thing/see stuff. After is great. Always looking for locals that could possibly end up gamer friends. It's so hard to play CAH single player....

ElmoFuntz on
    Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    *waves* Beaverton trio here. @Emod and @Khadour as well. We'll be at the Sheraton pre-PAX game night and while it doesn't work much for the meeting in advance and PAXing together, we're always up for meeting more local peeps. We have a board game room that hungers...erm...enjoys people coming over for playing.

• I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    I would do the pre pax at Sheraton since we are staying here, but we are doing the HP pub crawl. Anyone else going to that?

ZYseqtZ.png
    I would do the pre pax at Sheraton since we are staying here, but we are doing the HP pub crawl. Anyone else going to that?

I thought they stopped doing that

Nope, the triwizard tourney is happening tonight. I'm Gryffindor DE

The triwizard is now the HP crawl? I totally missed that merge

The triwizard is now the HP crawl? I totally missed that merge

Have they been seperate in the past? The triwizard tourney is in its 8th year and the only hp bar crawl I know of.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    HP = Harry Potter in this case, not the Lovecraft crawl.

zerzhul wrote: »
    HP = Harry Potter in this case, not the Lovecraft crawl.

Ohhhhh. Thank you xD

• mappymanmappyman PortlandRegistered User new member
    Also headed up from Portland. Going to cosplay as the wanderer from Journey =D

Oh wow, first post in a DECADE!

Ops sorry.
    Hufflepuff puff OofTP here.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Reve NoireReve Noire Registered User regular
    *waves* Beaverton trio here. @Emod and @Khadour as well. We'll be at the Sheraton pre-PAX game night and while it doesn't work much for the meeting in advance and PAXing together, we're always up for meeting more local peeps. We have a board game room that hungers...erm...enjoys people coming over for playing.

My husband and I are on the way up with a couple of board games and would love to meet up with people to play. Especially ones close, we lost all our boarding buddies to kids and moving. I'll post again when there to see if anyone wants to play.

What time are people starting to show up for games?

My husband and I are at table#23 if anyone wants to come play.

• BB714BB714 Registered User new member
    edited September 2017
    Going to pax west tonight and tomorrow alone anyone wanna hang out

Also does anyone have or know someone with space in hotel room, will even take the floor and a pillow

About myself:
    21 yr Male
    Easy to get along with
    Will respect everyone and rules
    Will give anyone a ride in car if needed
    Will meet in person first you you want
    Will pay cash upfront

BB714 on