As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Happy FREE 10+1 pull! Great time to start playing! No more troll 5* units!

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Green isn't used by anything, not even in JP so those are safe to use wherever.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »

Oh shit, I have so many greens. Golem might be getting buffed to 2* sooner than I thought.

• Options
    WaveformWaveform Registered User regular
    If your Golem is already level 23-24, then 85 off color megas should get it to max level. Then you could do his 2nd fight, get him to 2* and learn Provoke for Maxwell right now.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Alright got Golem to 2* and Diabolos to 2*. Had to eat into the white crystals but it will hopefully be worth it.

I just tried the fight again (prior to getting Golem and Diabolos to 2*) and got Maxwell down to 10% health. By the end everyone ran out of juice.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Ok, got Golem to level 27 with what I had lying around, looks like it's gonna be some Phantom Forest Exploration grinding to get more magicite (unless a better place to farm them has been found). I may miss out on getting it done for the Maxwell fight, but it's something I need to do anyway.

• Options
    Bah... Well if I try again with Aegis' Elza I might be able to do it. I was on turn 15 or so when I got hit with that Rune spell that removed my buffs and then he went buck wild on all of my units leaving only my friend's Elza.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Looks like there is an Ex-Gumi employee doing an AMA on Reddit and he confirmed the Zidane drop rate was wrong on his banner a few months ago. He also confirmed that the turnover rate at Gumi is really high since they never have their shit together so currently the programmers working on BF and FFBE are trying to learn all the (terrible) code behind the games.

Interesting tidbits:

- FF7 was supposed to be JP's anniversary this year but got changed at the last second. Still expected to see it by the end of the year but that requires SE approval, they might decide to time it for later.
    - It's expected that JP will get a Chrono Trigger banner later, but it isn't confirmed whether Global will get SoM and CT. It isn't stated in the thread but it sounds like Global has to licence the characters for each game? Anyways, if we don't get SoM, then we probably won't get CT either.
    - Expect a Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale
    - Currently no plans for an auto-quest system like in BF
    - We aren't going to be seeing drop % chances, but we have the original drop chances JP FFBE had before SQEX lowered them and surprisingly Gumi is fighting to keep them up.
    - There is plans in the works for BF style guilds
    - They generally follow the original Alim schedule but make changes based on marketing and SE approval (SQEX always has the final word)
    - Gumi doesn't get much creative liscence with the game, Alim gets 50/50. But an interesting thing is that we might see global SQEX characters (Lara Croft, Adam Jensen) see it's way into Global FFBE
    - Nobody knows what Brave Exvius means, not even the producers Kei Hirono and Hiroki Fujimoto
    - Eventually we might see the summon change on global but it again required SQEX approval.

Man, if JP gets a Chrono Trigger collab and Global doesn't I will be so very disappointed. Same if we don't get Secret of Mana, but I could potentially live with that if we were to get CT

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Bah... Well if I try again with Aegis' Elza I might be able to do it. I was on turn 15 or so when I got hit with that Rune spell that removed my buffs and then he went buck wild on all of my units leaving only my friend's Elza.

I wish my Elza's Scythe or Gungir were closer to finishing so I could help you more :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I honestly can't see why we wouldn't get the SoM banner. We got fucking Crystal Defenders - a banner for a game that came out on mobile devices in 2008! If you want to talk about niche games, I mean... right there. That's it. Secret of Mana is beloved, and I think the AMA guy stating that SQEX just takes their time with hammering down the decisions is what would probably delay the banner into next year, for sure.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I pretty much just fed my golem all my magicite oh all colors a few events ago so that I could finish it, doing the same to diabolos now for the maneater. I feel like it worked out decently enough, though I do need to level the others to 2* after that.(and ramuh is at level 1)

Re: Maxwell fight @urahonky are you defending with everyone except your whale dps when you get maxwell to like 25-30%ish? Definitely make sure to dispel his buffs and keep focus up.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I think Siren is just going to forever stay at 1*. I just have no justification for leveling her up given that her stats are piss poor compared to every other Esper.

Characters
  • Options
    I've already maxed out every esper and am sitting on a pile of white and assorted magicite for when Carbuncle is released.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Ifrit, Golem, and Siren are maxed. Diabolos is at 32 working on 40 since I like having more ATK. Ramuh was at 34 going to 40, but I realized that if I replace Exdeath with Bartz in my party, I'd realistically not want Ramuh anymore and would instead want Carbuncle on Agrias for Bar-spellcasting.

Characters
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Ramuh has more way MP/MAG than Siren does, and is actually really good for being able to provide your unit with Dispel and Osmose. Siren's got more HP, ATK and DEF, but the 1% transfer on Esper stats literally means the difference of about 20HP, 2ATK and 7DEF.

If you're using Exdeath, he already comes with both, but he would still benefit from the increased MAG and MP (especially with the looming Dual Black Cast on his 6*). Kefka, on the other hand, doesn't have either spell natively. Dispel can be crafted and is on a large number of units already, so it's not as important to have, but Osmose is a blessing for any caster unit that scales incredibly well with MAG. It's also one of the best skills to carry into the Arena and use against Cecils and Refias to stop those annoying Curajas.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    I wouldn't have a Mage on the team anymore. Shiva's on Refia because of better support stats, and Carbuncle would be on Agrias as she's the support on the team.

Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    I wouldn't have a Mage on the team anymore. Shiva's on Refia because of better support stats, and Carbuncle would be on Agrias as she's the support on the team.

Yeah, I edited the post after. You were too quick. I meant that Ramuh would be better than Siren, in pretty much any situation, unless you just want Sirens debuff/status ailment skills.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Oh yea, eww Siren.

Edit: Oh, why did I type Siren in my post. I mean Shiva :(

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    My ribbons are all finishing up now. It feels so good to get to this part of the TM grind, guys.

Now Gumi please make some bosses that use status effects, thanks!

• Options
    Brought a 426 Lightning friens to help with Maxwell. Figured the barrage cpuld chip enough health from him... I was wrong. I got him down to 10% health again, though.

• Options
    I wish I could lend you my mega whale friend Elza dual wielding her own TM. Each hand with a 120 attack darkness weapon, it's insane.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Gotta hop on the subreddit and hawk for one of the whales offering help I guess.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Thanks to the moogles I'm .4 away from Minerva Bustier. Who to give it to though? Refia? Agrias? CoD? I feel like I can't go wrong with the choice as long as someone is wearing it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Give to CoD and benefit from stacking resistances. She'll have 80% resistance to Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Wind.

• Options
    Oh my god I finally beat him. Thank you so much @Aegis and everyone who gave me the strategies. I was literally down to my last turn. The two turns before the end he had 20% health and then did the Rune and Resurrect on himself and killed Agrias (who had just used a Full Break on him). I then used Provoke with Cecil and then healed/buffed as much as I could. His next turn he used his limit break or whatever killing everyone but Refia and Cecil. I sat there in defeat for a few seconds because there was possibly no way for me to get through this... He was down to ~8-10% health at this point. I used a Full Revive on Elza, and had Cecil block even though he only had like 2K health. Next turn Maxwell hit Cecil like 5 times and Refia once... Killing Cecil. So I had a full health Elza, 500HP Refia left with the boss still at 8-10%. I used Embolden from Refia to give Elza as much attack as I could... And had her use Ravaging Strike (whichever one hits 3 times... I forget the name) and it took the rest of his life away.

It was awesome. I wish I could have actually acquired the unit but getting the Moogle is good enough for me!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Thanks to the moogles I'm .4 away from Minerva Bustier. Who to give it to though? Refia? Agrias? CoD? I feel like I can't go wrong with the choice as long as someone is wearing it.

refia, so she never actually dies

• Options

also this is VERY GOOD TO KNOW

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Holy shit that new plant boss. I have to assume it was buffed versus it's original form because it wiped the floor with me. Whale 600atk Lightning was tickling it.

• Options
    Arena is now a joke with Dual Cast Meteor 6* Exdeath. BFFs forever. I have a second Exdeath I awoke, but don't know if I'll bother leveling him up just yet. It's such a big effort.

• Options
    I've got 0 Gigantuars so it's back to the old fashioned way of leveling Exdeath up for me. I've been dual-casting meteors in arena this whole time with Kefka, but soon I'll be quad-casting.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Those Black Friday 'deals' are hilariously terrible. The only one that seems even slightly worth it is the 350 lapis for a summoning ticket and other shit.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Magus` wrote: »
    Holy shit that new plant boss. I have to assume it was buffed versus it's original form because it wiped the floor with me. Whale 600atk Lightning was tickling it.

Antonella's parts have a lot of overlapping resistances, primarily resistant to the main elements. Which means any attacker with an elemental weapon is going to be doing at least 50% reduced damage.

The only thing it's neutral to across the board is Light/Dark and Earth (where some parts have -50% vulnerability).

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Oh right, new story missions and the new boss fight. I completely got distracted by 6* Exdeath and the grind to level him.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Bartz with Tailwind is faaaaaaaaantastic.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Aegis wrote: »
    Magus` wrote: »

Antonella's parts have a lot of overlapping resistances, primarily resistant to the main elements. Which means any attacker with an elemental weapon is going to be doing at least 50% reduced damage.

The only thing it's neutral to across the board is Light/Dark and Earth (where some parts have -50% vulnerability).

Were you able to kill it?

Magus` on
  • Options
    Haven't run it yet. I want Cecil to finish 2nd Excalibur first and then Bartz to hit 100, before I fiddle around with trying to find a non-elemental spear for Elza.

Characters
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I managed to beat Antenora.

Only the main mission was done, none of the extras since people died left and right and even though I used an Esper in the killing round, it doesn't count like the missions that say "Defeat X with a Limit Burst." I think the killing blow literally has to be dealt by the Esper, and nothing else, which is so silly that I'm not even going to bother with it, or the other trials that all have the same requirements. There's no way I'm going to do the Antenora trial with 4 or less party members either because that's also ridiculous.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Man, Carbuncle's dungeon doesn't unlock until you've finished literally the entirety of part 2.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Tried Antenolla again. Ran out of MP after taking down 1.5 vines. Damn.

• Options
    where is the 10% atk recipe located?

• Options
    Water Shrine, Silver Chest.

Characters
This discussion has been closed.