As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Steam] Thread didn't win any Steam Awards :(

1457910100

Posts

  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

    we are born of the books, made men by the books, undone by the books.

    fear the old books

    by the gods, fear it, laurence

    B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So basically a game about my everyday life?

    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


    Mortal SkyBahamutZEROGoatmon
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Devil Daggers got my 5 More minutes nomination. New Vegas for "Villain Needs Hug Badly".

  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So basically a game about my everyday life?

    On a scale of Cute Puppy Dog with absolutely no tentacles to Azathoth the blind idiot god at the center of the universe, how much cosmic horror would you say your everyday life involves?

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Regarding the Secret of Monkey Island special edition:

    1. I hate the new art style and the VO. So glad they kept the old style as an option.
    2. I absolutely remember every single puzzle.

    discrider-SPI-
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So basically a game about my everyday life?

    On a scale of Cute Puppy Dog with absolutely no tentacles to Azathoth the blind idiot god at the center of the universe, how much cosmic horror would you say your everyday life involves?

    I work at a high school.

    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


    Donovan PuppyfuckerMetzger Meister
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Regarding the Secret of Monkey Island special edition:

    1. I hate the new art style and the VO. So glad they kept the old style as an option.
    2. I absolutely remember every single puzzle.

    The art style is terrible (they did a better job with the second game!), but I like Armato as Guybrush - can't recall the other voices tbh. I think the main problem is that the way the dialogue is written sounds awkward when spoken instead of being read sometimes, because beats work differently.
    I wish they had just given the whole thing to Double Fine, they handled the remasters of DotT and Fandango so goddamn well. They would probably even have gotten an appropiate artist for the remastered graphics

    sigh

    el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Wasn't the cast the same one from the 3rd/4th/etc games?

    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    el_vicioMorivethgtrmp
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Pretty sure, I could only remember Guybrush for sure though. I want to say that the VA of LeChuck from Curse (and Escape?) died though, but I'm not sure if that was before the special editions

    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Dragon Age: what's the deal with Morrigan, or the relationship system in general
    When I talk to her, I get +approval, when I do shit in the world, I consistently get -approval. Listen, witch, I like your style, and I enjoy being a dick, but come on, we need some of this shit done, even if it's just for the moneys.

    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Dragon Age: what's the deal with Morrigan, or the relationship system in general
    When I talk to her, I get +approval, when I do shit in the world, I consistently get -approval. Listen, witch, I like your style, and I enjoy being a dick, but come on, we need some of this shit done, even if it's just for the moneys.

    are you a dwarf

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    because I know from experience that morrigan is dtfd

    GoatmonKwoaru
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    human rogue lady

    got in bed with an elf servant in the first 10 minutes of the game, so the game better not shut me down now, I'm on a roll

    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    human rogue lady

    got in bed with an elf servant in the first 10 minutes of the game, so the game better not shut me down now, I'm on a roll

    I don't think morrigan is into ladies

    just big THICK dwarves with THICK beards

  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    worst game ever

    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

    Panda4YouGoatmon
  • IvarIvar Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    human rogue lady

    got in bed with an elf servant in the first 10 minutes of the game, so the game better not shut me down now, I'm on a roll

    I don't think morrigan is into ladies

    just big THICK dwarves with THICK beards

    I can confirm this, she is indeed into dwarves with luxurious beards

  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Getting character disapproval for common actions like "accepting a quest" or "picking up this item over here" just means that I will never take that character with me ever, no matter how much I might like them.

    Morrigan and Sten are the main culprits. Fallout 4 does this with Strong.

    ... looking at that list I guess that first sentence is inaccurate since I think all those characters suck so I probably wouldn't have them with me anyway.

    Everything just needs to go Dragon Age 2 or Tyranny's route where a character or faction disapproving of a thing you are doing leads to different but equally viable perks or whatnot, just the same as approval. If the only result of disapproval is that the character leaves then that makes disapproval into a penalty and fail state to be avoided. So they get left back at camp.

    Aistan on
    steam_sig.png
  • SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Q8DHP-NT9MW-WTDL9 + QIGG2-CCPQ6-74CWQ + QK5J9-9TZ2E-CTXTG + RCCNJ-IJXJE-INMQH + RA5MK-MLET0-4VLWX 1 Game and DLC

    WY0B2-L58H5-NXVFX

    82VLT-54JT7-XML3F

    6C6II-A67VA-QE2JM

    YC0BF-DQ80K-IIB9A

    KMZED-TDIBE-AW75V

    TVZML-L66XT-4Q4YF

    09B5F-DRF0V-ZGNRN

    4Q9LA-9PKGJ-V4ZNZ

    SenorTacos on
    LalaboxBrolocB557ElaroIoloDonovan Puppyfucker
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    nabbed the first code which is Killing Floor!

  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    the codes tag will die alone and forgotten

    liEt3nH.png
    GvzbgulDarmakOlivawStiltsMaddocdiscriderFishmanSorce
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    I'm drawn like a moth to a flame when it comes to the Tropico games, which means that even though I can tell that 5 came out way too soon for it to have been a substantial departure from 4, and that it was a huge money grab given all the interesting new items are in a pack of 13 separate DLC items, I'm still thinking about getting the whole pack for $12.62

    Captain Marcus
  • SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    the codes tag will die alone and forgotten
    fart
    

    Broloel_vicioCrippl3
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    grabbed TVZML-L66XT-4Q4YF hope you don't mind!

    It was beatbuddy tale of the guardians

    looks neat!

  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    SenorTacos wrote: »
    the codes tag will die alone and forgotten
    fart
    

    that's the code tag!

    liEt3nH.png
    BahamutZERONaphtaliIoloStiltsMaddocDonovan PuppyfuckerFishmanBedlam
  • existexist Registered User regular
    SenorTacos wrote: »
    Q8DHP-NT9MW-WTDL9 + QIGG2-CCPQ6-74CWQ + QK5J9-9TZ2E-CTXTG + RCCNJ-IJXJE-INMQH + RA5MK-MLET0-4VLWX 1 Game and DLC

    WY0B2-L58H5-NXVFX

    82VLT-54JT7-XML3F

    6C6II-A67VA-QE2JM

    YC0BF-DQ80K-IIB9A

    KMZED-TDIBE-AW75V

    TVZML-L66XT-4Q4YF

    09B5F-DRF0V-ZGNRN

    4Q9LA-9PKGJ-V4ZNZ

    thx for x wing vs tie fighter my man

    UmPiq.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    SenorTacos wrote: »
    Q8DHP-NT9MW-WTDL9 + QIGG2-CCPQ6-74CWQ + QK5J9-9TZ2E-CTXTG + RCCNJ-IJXJE-INMQH + RA5MK-MLET0-4VLWX 1 Game and DLC

    WY0B2-L58H5-NXVFX

    82VLT-54JT7-XML3F

    6C6II-A67VA-QE2JM

    YC0BF-DQ80K-IIB9A

    KMZED-TDIBE-AW75V

    TVZML-L66XT-4Q4YF

    09B5F-DRF0V-ZGNRN

    4Q9LA-9PKGJ-V4ZNZ
    Shadow Complex Remastered! Thanks!

  • ElaroElaro Threadkiller, Harbinger of the Lock GodsRegistered User regular
    Gods Will, in fact, Be Watching...

    Snagged code 82VLT-54JT7-XML3F. Thanks!

    Derp derp still a smurf
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I grabbed the x-wing allinace

    thanks indeed

  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Getting character disapproval for common actions like "accepting a quest" or "picking up this item over here" just means that I will never take that character with me ever, no matter how much I might like them.

    Morrigan and Sten are the main culprits. Fallout 4 does this with Strong.

    ... looking at that list I guess that first sentence is inaccurate since I think all those characters suck so I probably wouldn't have them with me anyway.

    Everything just needs to go Dragon Age 2 or Tyranny's route where a character or faction disapproving of a thing you are doing leads to different but equally viable perks or whatnot, just the same as approval. If the only result of disapproval is that the character leaves then that makes disapproval into a penalty and fail state to be avoided. So they get left back at camp.

    Sten is actually not as much of a hardass if you have good persuasion. He's just very stubborn and difficult to understand unless you go out of your way to deal with him on his terms.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    Sten, like most followers of the Qun, is a real jackass who isn't worth your time.

    liEt3nH.png
    StiltsMadicanAistanBrovid Hasselsmof
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    nabbed the first code which is Killing Floor!

    I've been playing a lot of the sequel lately since it left early access and it's fucking amazing. It's basically the first game but better in every way. The only downside is that it hasn't been out for 7 years with constant content additions like the first game so there's less maps and weapons, but if they treat it like the first game then it's just a matter of time before that kind of stuff gets added

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    Sten, like most followers of the Qun, is a real jackass who isn't worth your time.

    they made him too much like an automaton programmed with the qun rather than a real person

    they did better with iron bull, I think

  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    This is the authentic MI experience

    hqdefault.jpg

    Darmakdiscrider
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    This is the authentic MI experience

    hqdefault.jpg

    I love cga palette 1 so much. Childhood memories, I guess

    V0iJ9AS.png
    JoeUser
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Sten, like most followers of the Qun, is a real jackass who isn't worth your time.

    I used to go out of my way to free Sten from the stockades. That was before I found out what the Qun is and did more in-depth research on its workings.

    Now I leave him to die along with anyone else who professes to follow it.

  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Sten is my favourite Dragon Age character

    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

    Olivawsimulacrum
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    asking sten about qunari culture is still a super memorable moment for me

    I just had never played any game that had a character that just refused to talk about that stuff

  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    steam is recommending my sacred which I played way back. if there ever was a game with too much content that was it

  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So basically a game about my everyday life?

    On a scale of Cute Puppy Dog with absolutely no tentacles to Azathoth the blind idiot god at the center of the universe, how much cosmic horror would you say your everyday life involves?

    I work at a high school.

    So, 11 then

    VRXwDW7.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So basically a game about my everyday life?

    On a scale of Cute Puppy Dog with absolutely no tentacles to Azathoth the blind idiot god at the center of the universe, how much cosmic horror would you say your everyday life involves?

    I work at a high school.

    So, 11 then

    11 C'Thulus out of 5, yes.

    Librarian's ghostDuke 2.0
This discussion has been closed.