As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] Thread didn't win any Steam Awards :(

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    yeah did anything about Beyond Earth get better?

like there was that starships expansion game

I was hoping it would get enough DLC to make it a more worthy successor to Alpha Centauri

Not really no. A lot of the major important mechanics for it to be a worthy successor to AC don't exist (Weather, terraforming), the story isn't there, and it's overall not a terribly deep game.

yeah come back when I can build a mountain range to destroy the agricultural output of my neighbors.

also when the tech tree and the government types make a lick of sense

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Is the little prequel game or whatever the studio released also available on Steam?

https://finji.itch.io/lost-constellation

I'm not sure if it's on Steam, but it's pay-what-you-want and drm-free on Itch.io

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hey, regarding Path of Exile

Any interest in a SE++ thread for it? I'd like to play with folks but sometimes just posting it in a thread where other discussion is happening means it gets lost in the shuffle.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    only one way to find out

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Ask someone else to do it?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaLnFrlB44Q
    Dead Rising 4 is out March 14th

You know, Christmastime

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I played Dive Kick the other day. They changed divekick a bunch. I don't like the baz any more

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

I've played Night in the Woods for about an hour and it's really charming.
    ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A576&background-color=black

Not sure when I'll finish it but I'll give a review when I do.

• Options
    I'm gonna make a PoE thread, but I'm not exactly sure what to put in it. I'll probably take suggestions from folks to add to the OP since I have little experience with the game.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Just make shitty puns and fill it with music videos

Works for me

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    speaking of PoE

I might have commissioned @ChicoBlue to design a custom portrait for me to use in PoE
    8o0hFAF.jpg

worth every penny

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Damn that's rad! Good job, @ChicoBlue!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh god it's happening again, path of exile and pillars of eternity talk in the same place

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    oh god it's happening again, path of exile and pillars of eternity talk in the same place

I.. wait...

I thought those were the same thing until just now.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Different topic: why the hell does Subnautica not have a map or a mapping feature? Even a compass would do wonders, I think

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Obsidian doesn't seem particularly skilled at explaining what things are campaign-exclusive and what are simply going to be mass-produced.

Basically I'm waffling on whether to buy the hardcover guidebook (vol 2) now or simply wait for it to hit amazon after release.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    There is a compass but you have to find it on the sea floor (it's in one of the more shallow areas).

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I played Dive Kick the other day. They changed divekick a bunch. I don't like the baz any more

Yeah, that change happened quite a while ago. In his old mode, he was just too overpowered. He wasn't even a Divekicker... just a murderer. Now that they've swapped his moves he's more challenging to use.

I like it though. I also like the Nidhogg Fencer they added.

It's still a really fun game.

• Options
    Perrsun wrote: »

Yeah, that change happened quite a while ago. In his old mode, he was just too overpowered. He wasn't even a Divekicker... just a murderer. Now that they've swapped his moves he's more challenging to use.

It's fun, just a surprise. I'd like an option to play the original.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Man that'd be real neat--a fighting game that lets you select a build when you start it up.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Man that'd be real neat--a fighting game that lets you select a build when you start it up.

Ultra Street Fighter IV had Omega mode / Edition Select - you could essentially pick old versions of characters and play them. Didn't get much of a following though in the pro scene.

• Options
    I feel like it's more complex now which sort of ruins the original point of it

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Ultra Street Fighter IV had Omega mode / Edition Select - you could essentially pick old versions of characters and play them. Didn't get much of a following though in the pro scene.

One of the Darkstalkers games also had this, and they even went above and beyond and created altered movesets for characters that didn't appear in certain versions (ie. you were able to select versions of Jedah or Lillith as if they appeared in Darkstalkers 1 or 2, even though both weren't introduced until Darkstalkers 3).

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Different topic: why the hell does Subnautica not have a map or a mapping feature? Even a compass would do wonders, I think

You can craft a compass, mats are just a computer chip IIRC. You'll also find coords from the communication relay and beacons are really cheap to craft.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I feel like it's more complex now which sort of ruins the original point of it

That seems like an easy trap to fall into with a game like that. As the core audience/early adopters get more familiar with the product they start wanting more complexity and it's tempting to cater to them, in the process hurting that accessibility that made it so much easier for new players to get into it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

That game looks so fucking neat and the little run cycle is amazing.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    To promote Banner Saga 3, Stoic is partnering with Twitch to give Banner Sagas 1 & 2 away for free:
    Stoic wrote:
    From February 23-28, everyone who has Twitch Prime can get Banner Saga 1 free! Then next week, from March 2 - 7, all Twitch Prime subscribers can receive Banner Saga 2 free! (Oh, and if you have Amazon Prime, you totally also have Twitch Prime automatically)

We need your help! Twitch wants to help Banner Saga 3 be awesome too, so for every player who downloads and plays each game during their featured week, Twitch will give us $1.00 toward development! Even if you already own both games you can download them again for FREE or introduce your friends to the series, and everyone who downloads and plays will be helping us fund development of Banner Saga 3! If you have questions, we've put some more info in our FAQ

Don't forget that you need to actually launch the game (not just download it) for us to get the contributions from Twitch - so please launch it!

These are some great games - interesting and distinctive turn-based combat, ragtag band management with FTL style decisions, character progression, great music and jawdroppingly beautiful. Pretty cool to be able to pick them up for free.

Look for it in the "Free with Prime" section of the left hand menu bar.

P4VhohC.png

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh my goodness that is crazy

Jump on that, y'all

The Banner Saga games are some of my favorite games of the past five years

• Options
    Wait, I have Twitch Prime now??

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    Wait, I have Twitch Prime now??

If you have Amazon Prime?

yes

go throw those TwitchBits at people

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Ooh! Ooh! Throw them at me, and I'll make you a song piece of music!

I'll stream myself designing it!

I just need to know when would be a convenient time for you...

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'm becoming dangerously entrenched in Enter the Gungeon, I came sweatily close to the end of the bastard

Not the real end but at least the end of a single run, damn hell ass Christ that got my eyeball twitching

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I'm becoming dangerously entrenched in Enter the Gungeon, I came sweatily close to the end of the bastard

Not the real end but at least the end of a single run, damn hell ass Christ that got my eyeball twitching

you'll be rocking those runs soon enough

I think the floor 4 bosses were the biggest roadblock I had before it was relatively smooth sailing
    and I rather enjoy the fifth floor boss

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That last one man, I really got there I was just doin crazy amazing shit, I could see the Matrix

Then I walked into like six bullets and then a huge pit in the floor, not even an inconspicuous one

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i reinstalled crypt of the necrodancer the other day

that game FEELS like it should be everything i want out of a game but for some reason it just doesn't quite do it for me

• Options
    Enter the Gungeon is rad. I am a worshiper of the Church of the Fightsaber.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    i reinstalled crypt of the necrodancer the other day

that game FEELS like it should be everything i want out of a game but for some reason it just doesn't quite do it for me

Something where the concept and execution are both spot on, but actually playing it I feel the problem is with me

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    How many floors are there in Enter The Gungeon? I think I've gotten to floor 3.

Also, how the hell are you supposed to gather a hundred billion moneys and blanks to pay the elevator-building guy (or whatever he is) at the end of floor 2?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    don't spend 'em

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.