As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Preseason is upon us!

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Holy fuck Balls went nuts in that fight and almost single-handedly ended the game, up to and including almost finishing off the nexus. That was so hype.

Edit: Wow, phrasing. Um. That pun was actually unintentional... :(

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Seeing teams have absolutely zero sportsmanship and game MVP votes on their ballot is all kinds of WTF.

What the hell P1?

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I needed one more win to get into promo series.

Guess it's time to 3 loses in a row, each time because my team has at least 2 people that are obviously drunk, blind or both :D

It's pretty depressing that I play LoL since 2012 (even though not more than 200 ranked games a year), and yet im still such a weak player that i can't carry Silver games.

• Options

This play tilted me so hard. Fuck Kled.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I needed one more win to get into promo series.

Guess it's time to 3 loses in a row, each time because my team has at least 2 people that are obviously drunk, blind or both :D

It's pretty depressing that I play LoL since 2012 (even though not more than 200 ranked games a year), and yet im still such a weak player that i can't carry Silver games.

You have to remember that the player base gets better and better each year. Silver in 2017 is way harder to get through than Silver in 2014 was.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I didnt give up, i won next 3 ranked games, once again I need one more win to get into promo series.

I kill top lane Vayne 2 times in 5 minutes, she ragequits!

Then our Kata dies 12 times in 20 minutes feeding Zed and also goes afk, while my team focuses full tank Hecarim in every single 4 vs 4 teamfight.

This is it, isn't it? Im dead, and this is my hell.

Asthariel on
  • Options
    I think Rakan might be my new favorite Support champion.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    UOL has their own hype man?

butts
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    G2/UOL
    Sorry EU, you can't stop G2 from taking their MSI vacation

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TSM/C9 game 1
    TSM be like "You didn't vote for Hauntzer for MVP? Okay, we got your back Kevin. Have all the ganks and Taliyah roams and Redemptions, go forth and carry"

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TSM/C9 Game 2 Draft
    4 Top Lane Carry Bans from C9 against Hauntzer.

They're terrified of his carries.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    TSM/C9 Game 2 Draft

TSM/C9 Game 2
    TSM is angry. C9 is tilted off the face of the planet.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    TSM/C9 Game 2 Draft

TSM/C9 Game 2
    TSM is angry. C9 is tilted off the face of the planet.

The MVP Votes/First Two Games
    Hauntzer's Hulk Powers have activated.

Hauntzer is playing the series of his life so far.

• Options
    TSM/C9
    FUCK YOUR SCRIPTS RIOT

TSM TSM TSM

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    At least the last game was entertaining.

• Options
    TSM/C9
    Oh god my heart.

• Options
    Fuck TSM.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    ughhhhh so close; if Jensen had just been able to ult during that last fight!
    Really good last couple of games though

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Fuck TSM.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Only had time for one ranked game this weekend, but it was a fun one. Blitz hooked blue at lvl 1 (our yasuo helped him take it); enemy Kha'zix was then super far behind and definitely was executed in his own jungle (meanwhile, our Jarvan ganked botlane lvl 2 and we secured first blood). In general this Blitz was very communicative and great to play with--in champ select, he (...ok actually just based on username and conversation style and support preference, I am guessing this player was female, but I shouldn't assume necessarily) asked whether I wanted Blitz or Thresh, sort of suggested Zilean as well but took my advice not to pick Zil into Draven, was super-friendly.
    I could have stayed in lane forever--stayed until 1600 gold--but actually probably should have backed sooner to better capitalize on the hooks with some actual AD.

Anyway I was effusively complimentary after the game (and also, cutely, in response to my "really great Blitz play" my support was like "more like great Tristana play!"); really such a delight to come across good and friendly players in soloQ.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I played a game the other night where my mid lane Ori got wrecked hard by Zed (ok that happens). Proceeded to by zero armor items, not even a Zhonyas, against a full AD team (not really excusable but sometimes people lock into their cookie cutter builds) and at some point bought cull (??????)

???????

It's been a while since I've gotten tilted by a teammate. I just wanted out of that game. I solo killed the Riven several times in lane, but then when we swapped so I could deal with the fed Zed she kept dying under tower to Riven. She cashed in the cull maybe 30 seconds before we lost the game.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    I had a solid Rakan game last night but then our jg d/cd 20 min in and then we lost cause he never came back. Made me real sad :(.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Go 4/0/5 Bot Lane.

Get destroyed by the enemy team's fed top laner and the rest of the team that supports them while your team just abandon's your fed bot lane in midgame fights until their top laner is the EZ off the last Helmet Bro Episode.

Feels Bad Man. :(

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    All right, I got Maokai to 5 before his rework. What weird non-standard support do I need to take up now? Maybe Trundle--I'm only a few wins away from hitting 5 on him. I have enjoyed new Shen the couple of times I've played him...

I'm torn between playing different champions or going back to my typical rotations now. I probably should just play some Ranked, so I can try hard with "mains" for a bit.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »
    All right, I got Maokai to 5 before his rework. What weird non-standard support do I need to take up now? Maybe Trundle--I'm only a few wins away from hitting 5 on him. I have enjoyed new Shen the couple of times I've played him...

I'm torn between playing different champions or going back to my typical rotations now. I probably should just play some Ranked, so I can try hard with "mains" for a bit.

Have you done Sion support yet?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Have you done Sion support yet?

My Mastery 6 would argue yes. (He'd actually be a "tryhard" pick for me for that reason.)

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    A bunch of new stories and lore up on the Universe page for characters they've turned into Vastayans

http://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/champion/ahri/
    +two stories

Big resounding meh from me. Don't really think it's an improvement over her old myth based lore.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure they just did a find-replace of "kitsune" for "vastayan" or close to it on Ahri's lore.

• Options
    MechMantis wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they just did a find-replace of "kitsune" for "vastayan" or close to it on Ahri's lore.

But Ahri was a gumiho...

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Decided to do placements for the first time in, uh, 4 years maybe.

Got Bronze 1, which was about what I was expecting.

I think I was low silver when I played before and people have gotten better at the game since then.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    I do not really understand how to play Xayah. Someone who does, describe what you like to do while laning!
    I finally got to play Xayah/Rakan in my regular tuesday night league game--in a special bird-themed team (+Swain, Anivia, Quinn--poor Swain was jg), and while I finally got to appreciate the fantastic banter, I didn't really do anything in lane, down in pressure but up in farm against Twitch/Nami while my other lanes won hard elsewhere on the map.
    What does Xayah...do, exactly? People in silver seem to consider her pick or ban, so I need to figure out how to play her decently since I do get adc the vast majority of ranked games.

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    I finally got to play Xayah/Rakan in my regular tuesday night league game--in a special bird-themed team (+Swain, Anivia, Quinn--poor Swain was jg), and while I finally got to appreciate the fantastic banter, I didn't really do anything in lane, down in pressure but up in farm against Twitch/Nami while my other lanes won hard elsewhere on the map.

...Why wasn't the Quinn jungling?

Xayah kites pretty well thanks to her E and R, and if she gets a chance to stand and fight does a lot of damage with her W up. I don't know if that actually helps or not. I don't think she's much of a lane bully unless you're dealing with short-range champs / can land E feathers on people.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    She and Rakan are pretty weak atm. People are just banning new champs.

• Options
    Ivellius wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »

...Why wasn't the Quinn jungling?

Xayah kites pretty well thanks to her E and R, and if she gets a chance to stand and fight does a lot of damage with her W up. I don't know if that actually helps or not. I don't think she's much of a lane bully unless you're dealing with short-range champs / can land E feathers on people.

The Quinn wasn't jungling because the guy stuck toplane doesn't own Swain, whereas the jungler main 1. owns Quinn and Swain and 2. has been inordinately fond of non-meta picks in the past and was reaping what he sowed. He did not get executed by his own buffs; I was impressed. I'm not sure he ganked either, but maybe he went top?

Toplane Quinn unexpectedly carried the crap out of that game; I didn't have to do anything at all.

The other team just had to be 'non-bird animals' in general and was Twitch+Nami, Annie (reverse Annie skin, v questionable from our Annie main friend), Volibear, Nasus.
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    She and Rakan are pretty weak atm. People are just banning new champs.

Oh interesting to hear; I haven't played enough games since their release to tell.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I've played her a little bit. What I've found is she's super weak early game until she gets her second items + boots. She requires a front line or she disappears faster than any other champion. However, once she gets those items she is a kite monster, and in extended team fights she can stack up 7-10 feathers (which doesn't take long once you get a few items plus your ult for the extra power) and recall them through people it chunks pretty hard.

Her only way to escape is to keep a few feathers stacked, and put the jungler between you and your feathers while you run and hope for a root, which makes her a halfway easy gank for Lee Sin or Hec or any jungler that can abuse the non-river routes.

Plus with her ult you can dive towers pretty hard charging in with Q and autos, Ulting back out of tower range (you can reset aggro) and finishing target with a recall.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Xayah is fun, i've played her a few times. Last night @skippydumptruck and i were birds up against a cait and something...soraka maybe? And we should have been bullied but I was able to land some q's and just pull right away. It does a good chunk of damage, even if you don't get the root. I think that it's totally worthwhile to pull even when you're only going to get a couple feathers through someone. Also being able to hit the back line with feathers with the cleave from your passive is pretty baller.

though it is true that she's not super strong at first, and she does melt pretty hard unless she's got someone to give her a shield or something

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/kN07nKVR-eU

Yup, time to put the lore ducks in a row.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Without watching the video...

how much are they throwing out this time?