As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Preseason is upon us!

• JookieJookie Registered User regular
    She's not even invisible until level six!

butts
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    cred none of my favorite junglers are on that list, but I might have enough IP to buy one

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    In case anyone was curious, I drew up a list of the champions played during the play ins (since I want my tuesday night league crew to play a "worlds meta" game--I mean easy for me to say because I have a large champion pool and one adc is like another. Might be hard to get someone to play the skill mages. I would take Syndra mid but that's not optimal deployment of my skill in tuesday night customs)

For what it's worth, I will try to be on tonight for games if you could use me.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    cred none of my favorite junglers are on that list, but I might have enough IP to buy one

I think Gragas is pretty cheap if you want to be 100% most meta. You also might not be forced to jungle, depending on who shows.

...I don't think I should allow bans, right? Although that seems a bit self-interested since people like to ban my Tristana.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    Ok cred I'm on meta with my shiny new Maokai that other people are not allowed to pick or ban tyvm

Jookie wrote: »
    She's not even invisible until level six!

I'm kinda disappointed she can go invisible at all; the video gave me hope that she would simply be mobile and bursty

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    In case anyone was curious, I drew up a list of the champions played during the play ins (since I want my tuesday night league crew to play a "worlds meta" game--I mean easy for me to say because I have a large champion pool and one adc is like another. Might be hard to get someone to play the skill mages. I would take Syndra mid but that's not optimal deployment of my skill in tuesday night customs)

The couple of completely dumb picks appear to be from a game between WE and gambit which I didn't watch but in which neither team appeared to be fully tryharding their pick/bans.
    Top:
    Galio 11
    Cho'gath 9
    Maokai 8
    Shen 6
    Camille 3
    J4 3
    Rumble 3
    Jax 2
    Gnar 2
    Fiora 2
    Renekton 1
    (Tank tops heavily favored over carries/splitpushers)

Jg:
    Gragas 13
    Sejuani 9
    Rek'sai 6
    J4 6
    Nidalee 3
    Elise 3
    Lee Sin 3
    Ezreal 2
    Maokai 1
    Olaf 1
    Jax 1
    Kayn 1
    Kha'zix 1
    Graves 1
    (Tanky engage highly preferred but there is some room for junglers to play early game influencers/dmg)

Mid:
    Syndra 12
    Corki 8
    Orianna 6
    Cassiopeia 4
    Ryze 3
    Galio 3
    LeBlanc 3
    Lucian 2
    Taliyah 2
    Jayce 2
    Vladimir 1 (not being picked as common Syndra counter any more)
    Aurelion Sol 1
    Karma 1 (protect the kog comp; didn't work)
    Yasuo 1 (troll game by Gambit)
    Kassadin 1
    Ekko 1

Adc:
    Tristana 16
    Xayah 13
    Kog 6
    Varus 6
    Kalista 3
    Ashe 2
    Jhin 1
    Draven 1
    Vayne 1 (same troll game)
    Caitlyn 1
    Sivir 1
    Tristana is OP. Xayah often picked with Rakan but not always; she's the new safe pick now that Caitlyn is in the dumpster. Other adcs lack mobility. Jhin is bad in this meta.

Support:
    Rakan 10
    Alistar 9
    Braum 8
    Lulu 7 (picked entirely in groups c and d)
    Janna 6
    Morgana 3
    Karma 2
    Taric 2
    Soraka 1
    Thresh 1
    Malzahar 1
    Nunu 1 (...the troll game)
    Blitzcrank 1
    Engage is favored here above everything. Mages are out of meta. Ardent censer is #1 item.

You're not including bans though!

Kalista is the meta ADC, and is 100% pick-ban even though she's only actually showed up in 3 games.

Edit: Sejuani is also 100% pick-ban and Jarvan is 95% so they're more tryhard junglers than Gragas with his paltry 56% pick-ban.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    targeted Q the fuck is this shit

8 hours later and i'm still mad about this

liEt3nH.png

The couple of completely dumb picks appear to be from a game between WE and gambit which I didn't watch but in which neither team appeared to be fully tryharding their pick/bans.
    Top:
    Galio 11
    Cho'gath 9
    Maokai 8
    Shen 6
    Camille 3
    J4 3
    Rumble 3
    Jax 2
    Gnar 2
    Fiora 2
    Renekton 1
    (Tank tops heavily favored over carries/splitpushers)

Jg:
    Gragas 13
    Sejuani 9
    Rek'sai 6
    J4 6
    Nidalee 3
    Elise 3
    Lee Sin 3
    Ezreal 2
    Maokai 1
    Olaf 1
    Jax 1
    Kayn 1
    Kha'zix 1
    Graves 1
    (Tanky engage highly preferred but there is some room for junglers to play early game influencers/dmg)

Mid:
    Syndra 12
    Corki 8
    Orianna 6
    Cassiopeia 4
    Ryze 3
    Galio 3
    LeBlanc 3
    Lucian 2
    Taliyah 2
    Jayce 2
    Vladimir 1 (not being picked as common Syndra counter any more)
    Aurelion Sol 1
    Karma 1 (protect the kog comp; didn't work)
    Yasuo 1 (troll game by Gambit)
    Kassadin 1
    Ekko 1

Adc:
    Tristana 16
    Xayah 13
    Kog 6
    Varus 6
    Kalista 3
    Ashe 2
    Jhin 1
    Draven 1
    Vayne 1 (same troll game)
    Caitlyn 1
    Sivir 1
    Tristana is OP. Xayah often picked with Rakan but not always; she's the new safe pick now that Caitlyn is in the dumpster. Other adcs lack mobility. Jhin is bad in this meta.

Support:
    Rakan 10
    Alistar 9
    Braum 8
    Lulu 7 (picked entirely in groups c and d)
    Janna 6
    Morgana 3
    Karma 2
    Taric 2
    Soraka 1
    Thresh 1
    Malzahar 1
    Nunu 1 (...the troll game)
    Blitzcrank 1
    Engage is favored here above everything. Mages are out of meta. Ardent censer is #1 item.

You're not including bans though!

Kalista is the meta ADC, and is 100% pick-ban even though she's only actually showed up in 3 games.

Edit: Sejuani is also 100% pick-ban and Jarvan is 95% so they're more tryhard junglers than Gragas with his paltry 56% pick-ban.

Oh hm I had a note about Kalista's 100% pick-ban in one version of this but I guess it didn't make it through. Fortunately no one in that group plays her. I just compiled the stats manually so I didn't want to include bans as well.

For the game itself, I ended up putting our usual adcs in solo lanes, mostly so I could work on my lcs midlaner impression and play Syndra. As per usual, very mixed-skill customs, so the whole game ends up pretty weird. I can't cs at alllllll or land skillshots, but I would feel *so cool* if I actually could, so I just need to keep practicing. The teamcomps actually felt really great, and I loved having a really legit frontline and fantastic disengage. The Janna player is used to supporting me and protected me in teamfights instead of Xayah :D

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I've seen multiple people in the last couple of days make posts in chat and D&D stating flat out that there are no black professional LoL players. I'm kinda of confused as to why people are saying that when it's not true and hasn't been ever true?

Did someone in the community make a statement on the current NFL situation that I'm not aware of?

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    I've seen multiple people in the last couple of days make posts in chat and D&D stating flat out that there are no black professional LoL players. I'm kinda of confused as to why people are saying that when it's not true and hasn't been ever true?

Did someone in the community make a statement on the current NFL situation that I'm not aware of?

In the league community; not that I’m aware of. Someone in our community; in the NFL thread in D&D, made that comment (which threw me for a loop also) in light of the current administration’s “performance” this weekend.

I’m mostly a lurker in D&D though but it seemed out of place and odd. And despite it being a dumb arguement, it’s it also wrong or does Aphro not count?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
    Penumbra wrote: »

In the league community; not that I’m aware of. Someone in our community; in the NFL thread in D&D, made that comment (which threw me for a loop also) in light of the current administration’s “performance” this weekend.

I’m mostly a lurker in D&D though but it seemed out of place and odd. And despite it being a dumb arguement, it’s it also wrong or does Aphro not count?

Yeah I don't know if it's just a case of not being informed, or if it's an easy and direct swipe against the LoL professional community for some reason. Or if it's just a dig at Aphromoo in particular *shrug*

Penumbra wrote: »

Yeah that's super weird since Aphromoo is one of the most famous and charismatic pro players, such that anyone who follows LCS or even just used to some time back would have heard of him...

edited September 2017
    I also don't understand why it's been multiple posts repeating this even though it's A) not true and B) there are plenty of other professional esports games with far worse track records?

I mean, good lord, Hearthstone had the huge TerranceM fiasco. I don't think LoL has ever had anything close to that problem regarding a professional event? And LoL has been much better about curbing that at a professional level as well. Remember when IWillDominate was pre-emptively banned for negative behavior from the professional scene?

It just seems weird to me that LoL is the immediate target for a toxic audience/community when there are games that are just as popular with far worse behavior.

Roz on
    247TGjo.jpg

I think now I've seen, for the first time, a Yasuo truly go full Yasuo

247TGjo.jpg

When it happens, it is *so* memorable and striking and horrifying that all the witnesses end up banning Yasuo for weeks. I know I do--also that way you ban out the Yasuo top on your team :P

• Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    targeted Q the fuck is this shit

they gave her a frigging charm. do you remember the last time evelynn had hard cc?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    1. an immediate stun is completely different to a delayed charm that requires you to not hit them with anything
    2. that was a completely different kit to begin with so saying they're comparable is disingenuous considering the only thing in common is the character's name
    3. this is all completely unrelated to the source of my complaint which is that a traditionally auto-targeting low-damage spammable ability is utterly changed

liEt3nH.png
    edited September 2017
    247TGjo.jpg

When it happens, it is *so* memorable and striking and horrifying that all the witnesses end up banning Yasuo for weeks. I know I do--also that way you ban out the Yasuo top on your team :P

Definitely I am a harrowed man from the experience

I see him diving into 3 people in their jungle; I think, hmm, seems a bit bold

AN ENEMY HAS BEEN SLAIN

DOUBLE KILL!

TRIPLE KILL!!

etc etc

I think his single assist was when he cut down two of them, and then the only survivor, a badly wounded Lulu, stumbled bleary-eyed into my path

kedinik on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    a well played yasuo is fucking scary

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Words Play-In Elimination Series 1
    C9/Lyon

It was over so fast that I legitimately missed all over it.

Sheesh.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Words Play-In Elimination Series 1
    C9/Lyon

It was over so fast that I legitimately missed all over it.

Sheesh.
    I tuned in for game 2 and C9 was down 3 inhibs. Was an exciting game to watch.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    I find myself getting back in to the 3v3 mode because the matches just end so much faster, and it isn't a very demanding or stressful game mode. Farming up is breezy, mana regen is boosted to the point where you don't have to think hard about mana during early game laning, and the mega speed boosts from holding the altars mean you can force engagement or pursue more easily.

But man, are some characters strong in that mode...

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    Worlds is finally due to start next Thursday. I feel bad for C9 they steamrolled only to get dropped there.

Anyone want to do the pickem?

So is this the year that an NA team finally beats a Korean team in a best of 5?

I say no, but we can hope right?

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    So is this the year that an NA team finally beats a Korean team in a best of 5?

I say no, but we can hope right?

Honestly I'd be thrilled if an NA team ended up making it into a best of 5 vs. a Korean team at all. I like to keep my hopes reasonable.

I think TSM gets out of their group pretty easily.

I think TSM gets out of their group pretty easily.

TSM getting out of their group would be okay but a dud prize. We need them to get #1 so they dodge the koreans in quarters.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I want to believe they've learned and raised the level of their game, but jesus the last two years has taken a toll on me. I know they spent time in the Summer split with comps to work on their deficiencies, and I hope it pays off.

• MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I think the new Eve kit looks pretty healthy, tbh.

Looking at the groups now, I think really the only questions in terms of placement are whether you think Fnatic is better than Immortals, and whether Misfits is better than World Elite.

Otherwise, the groups look almost deterministic. TSM probably stomps their group. The rest of the Korean teams run over their groups, with Samsung being a little shaky and prone to mistakes. Maybe G2 finishes ahead of them in you want a darkhorse.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Are we in agreement group A is the toughest?

I want to believe in C9, but woof.

Fortunately nothing matters to me after FlyQuest got eliminated.

... fuck that ASol bug.

Edit: Also I disagree with your analysis, Roz, but that's the fun of this thing!

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    My Pick Em's show my complete lack of faith in EU.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //

Me too!

I also do not believe in Cloud 9. Never mind them getting out of groups, I kinda don't think they're going to beat ahq...

edited September 2017

There's a serious amount of evidence to support this view

Roz on
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I think C9 is at least in contention and will definitely beat AHQ. But they drew a tough group.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    I will probably watch less LCS next year because Bo1s don't keep my interest. I just don't understand the thought process for that change. I have to imagine the only group that wanted it was Riot and the sponsors.

Whats the context here?