As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Preseason is upon us!

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Oh my god Phreak.

Phreak: "Will this finally be the international event where TSM makes it out of Groups, or NA makes it out of Groups? Where Bjergsen makes it out of groups?"
    Bjergsen: "Hey! What about Rift Rivals?
    Phreak: "Okay, when you're playing against good teams?"

The elicited an audible "holy shit" to an empty house.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD THAT SOAZ FIRST BLOOD!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    That EU feels like stereotypical EU games.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I give it to Soaz for trying.

Two games Zoe has been played today. Two games where she was unstoppable.

Zoe, in fact, does not peak in any ELO with the way she's getting played here.

This fucking game man. This fucking game.

That Hauntzer/Sneaky save was legendary.

Hauntzer and Sneaky played incredibly.

Bjerg did nothing. Mike kept getting caught. Aphro died when trying to save teamates.

Feels NA man. :(

GO LMS!

THE KOREA SLAYERS ARE BACK!

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    NA Jayce and 0% Win Rate.

Name a more iconic duo.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Promoted to S1, demoted to S2, promoted to S1, demoted to S2, promoted to S1 AND???

I would like to avoid 5-7 losing games in a row

Edit: that would be no. Currently on 2 lost right after I was promoted to S1

AhiMahi on
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    Promoted to S1, demoted to S2, promoted to S1, demoted to S2, promoted to S1 AND???

I would like to avoid 5-7 losing games in a row

Edit: that would be no. Currently on 2 lost right after I was promoted to S1

@Goumindong always suggests stoppinbg for the day after a single loss.

I'll give it two, but if you go much beyond that, you will only be playing on tilt.

edited December 2017
    Or switch from ranked to draft, which is what I do. Play a game or two on a character you want to get better with but suck.

Want to have a pocket Riven or Skarner pick?

Draft and int your face off.

Koreg on
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Switching from ranked to normals doesn’t necessarily help. If you play tilted you will ingrain those poor decisions.

Practice poorly, play poorly

wbBv3fj.png
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    If you lose a ranked game you should probably just quit playing all video games forever.

broken image link
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    The dawn has arrived

(S+ ranked game yay)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    It's really helpful when the crazy-fed enemy adc never buys any armor pen items at all, so I can just throw on Thornmail and stack armor and laugh as they tickle me.

Also, having 850 armor (Sejuani) is hilarious, even if it's only briefly. Because without penetration it's basically invincibility. Actually, screw it, there really isn't any way to itemize to break through that, but once it wears off and I'm no longer in god mode, you'll still need last whisper stuff...

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    All-Star spoilers:
    Uzi is a god. I was inclined to think 1v1 was a bit random at this level, but winning the tournament two years in a row is nuts.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    All-Star spoilers:
    Uzi is a god. I was inclined to think 1v1 was a bit random at this level, but winning the tournament two years in a row is nuts.

@facetious I've heard of All Star Game 3, answer if you are okay.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I actually wasn't watching that one live, but watching highlights just now, damn.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    So I had three WW games where I went 12/1/5, 10/0/2, and 2/0/0. I decided to reward myself with Malphite, whom I thought would be the perfect AP Dark Harvest jungler.

Turns out I'm 100% wrong on that front. I don't know if I'm building him wrong or what he just doesn't feel as impactful as he should.

Even if his R is hilarious and got my an almost quadra (I had a Zilean bomb on me when I Red in, it killed people before I could land).

I came so close to winning a game at 13 minutes yesterday in flex queue, but we couldn't quite seal the deal and a couple of people died and we had to do a second push :(

There were some extremely dumb lvl 1 shenanigans, and then as Janna with Q and W I got a doublekill botlane lvl 2 by flash-W Nami under their turret and then blind Q-ing a retreating Trist also under turret.

Sometimes flex matchmaking is not very balanced...

• JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    So I had three WW games where I went 12/1/5, 10/0/2, and 2/0/0. I decided to reward myself with Malphite, whom I thought would be the perfect AP Dark Harvest jungler.

Turns out I'm 100% wrong on that front. I don't know if I'm building him wrong or what he just doesn't feel as impactful as he should.

Even if his R is hilarious and got my an almost quadra (I had a Zilean bomb on me when I Red in, it killed people before I could land).
    Malphite sounds like a terrible Dark Harvest jungler because it doesn't seem like he has a fast clear and he has shit ganks until six. It's possible that he can do something with a hard CC lane and red buff but a lot of people could gank in that scenario.

butts
  • CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    I came so close to winning a game at 13 minutes yesterday in flex queue, but we couldn't quite seal the deal and a couple of people died and we had to do a second push :(

There were some extremely dumb lvl 1 shenanigans, and then as Janna with Q and W I got a doublekill botlane lvl 2 by flash-W Nami under their turret and then blind Q-ing a retreating Trist also under turret.

What even happened to Nami anyway? Like I used to see her a lot, played her a decent amount myself, but now I almost never see her and when I do she doesn't seem to accomplish much.

edited December 2017
    CesareB wrote: »

What even happened to Nami anyway? Like I used to see her a lot, played her a decent amount myself, but now I almost never see her and when I do she doesn't seem to accomplish much.

I'm not sure! I've always had the problem that she's 1. sort of hard to play and 2. cannot scale into an AP carry

Like you try to think of when you want to play Nami and it's like

1. when I want to win lane with a strong early adc. But in that case why not choose someone with more reliable allin than the bubble, like a tank. Or someone with stronger poke, like Sona or Zyra or Karma.

2. when I want to sustain a farming adc...ok but then why am I not playing Soraka for heals or Janna for shields

3. when I want an enormous cc teamfight ult (yeah Nami is pretty much the best at this, but not hugely better than eg Braum)

4. when I want to peel/sustain during teamfights (...iffy. Much harder to peel with Q than with most other support peel tools. And something like a Karma R+E feels better than some W bounces. And it almost feels like people should be peeling for me because I'm squishy)

I don't know...basically Nami fills a similar role to like...Bard? Where she does all these support things, but each of the things she does, someone else kinda does it better, and also she's a bit difficult, so why aren't you playing someone else? Plus you get exploded really easily. I think most players probably think about her fairly similarly to me, though they maybe haven't thought it through as thoroughly.

credeiki on
    Jookie wrote: »

Malphite sounds like a terrible Dark Harvest jungler because it doesn't seem like he has a fast clear and he has shit ganks until six. It's possible that he can do something with a hard CC lane and red buff but a lot of people could gank in that scenario.

That was what I figured out last night. I'm thinking MAYBE if I go Tiamat it might help, but in comparison to other junglers he just doesn't seem to have the same impact. And then when you do ult into them, they immediately focus you and you die. So it doesn't pan out.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Playing Vayne in this meta is super silly.

You pretty much commit to losing lane and then if your team can manage for 20 minutes you win.

Playing Vayne in this meta is super silly.

You pretty much commit to losing lane and then if your team can manage for 20 minutes you win.

Don't you mean Yasuo?

No, Yasuo doesn't need 20 minutes and also still wins lane.

Boy have I got news for you.

butts
  • IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Clash mode sounds interesting.

TL; DR version: Replacing the old ranked queues system with in-client tournaments, ~twice a month.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
    Ivellius wrote: »

TL; DR version: Replacing the old ranked queues system with in-client tournaments, ~twice a month.

Holy shit that sounds like fun!

Also: "Before each tournament, you’ll sign up your team, lock in a short time before the games begin, and enter into a scouting phase. The scouting phase shows your opponents’ most played and most successful champs, as well as those that they’ve recently played in Clash." yessssss target bans I dig it!

...I definitely can't assemble a dedicated 5s from my tuesday night crew because everyone is too casual, so I'm not completely sure how I'll get a team, but please do think of me if you end up with a support/adc/mid-shaped hole in your group :3

If you need a jungler I would be up for it!

• Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular

Also important but not in the link you posted, Draggles says all champions will be unlocked for these tournament modes, which is the best part. If Riot can provide some good spectating options (mostly for the higher level tournaments), this will be among the most exciting things Riot has done for the game.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    This might motivate me to play more this season. I was feeling pretty burnt out.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    ...I definitely can't assemble a dedicated 5s from my tuesday night crew because everyone is too casual, so I'm not completely sure how I'll get a team, but please do think of me if you end up with a support/adc/mid-shaped hole in your group :3

Well, to clarify, they only have to commit to a single tournament at a time. So if you can get a group for one weekend but not the same one next time, it's fine. Having said that, ADC is usually the weak link in my nebulous group--most people are either support / top or jungle / solo lanes that I know, for whatever weird reason.

Given my parental obligations, I am unsure how often I would be available to participate, but it does sound like a really cool feature.

Well, if you're addressing me personally that's probably my role if I'm tournament tryharding...if for no other reason than I don't trust anyone else's shotcalling. (Okay, my laning is just bad, though partly due to lack of practice.)

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
    I actually really like stuff like the scouting phase and the other commitments they've gone with to try and mimic the feeling of playing in a big league with known actors.

Also for what it's worth if anyone's in EU-W and wants my mid silver ass I'm down to fill a slot (usually ADC/Mid/Support)

Well, to clarify, they only have to commit to a single tournament at a time. So if you can get a group for one weekend but not the same one next time, it's fine. Having said that, ADC is usually the weak link in my nebulous group--most people are either support / top or jungle / solo lanes that I know, for whatever weird reason.

Given my parental obligations, I am unsure how often I would be available to participate, but it does sound like a really cool feature.

Well, if you're addressing me personally that's probably my role if I'm tournament tryharding...if for no other reason than I don't trust anyone else's shotcalling. (Okay, my laning is just bad, though partly due to lack of practice.)

I meant to Credeiki, I thought you were a jungle main.

I don't trust my jungler to shot call because usually his shotcalling revolves around not camping my lane.

butts