As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Digital Card Games] – Finally, a Morrowind sequel

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    shit, I'm twenty two and those are pretty much my exact goals

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Oh hey I guess I should mention that Gwent is in open beta now, if you're fiending for something new

There's also a Faeria expansion coming out this summer so I guess they're doing better than I thought!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I downloaded gwent and it has enough interactions that aren't just playing dudes and murdering opponent's dudes that I think I'll probably keep at it, after I stopped keeping up with hearthstone a few months ago.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    https://news.duelyst.com/duelyst-patch-1-85/

Duelyst is adding draft-only cards that affect your draft choices

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I wanna play some Gwent. Should I play some Gwent?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I have been enjoying gwent

You might too

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Shadowverse is giving away packs each day for the next little while to celebrate their 1 year birthday

I believe their next expansion is also coming out later this month, as is the first expansions for Elder Scrolls Legends and Eternal

Faeria's got one coming out soon too, though I can't remember when specifically.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Eternal is running a test of their in-game tournament system, and just for participating you're earning 3 packs for the price of 2

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    no bad

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Gonna be real, the moment I find out my opponent set me up against a Peggy deck, I am probably just done.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If I'm ever digging that far to play a CCG, please get me help.

• Options
    On the other hand, it's nice that Peggy's good at something

Shadowverse has an expansion dropping tonight, after maintenance

Elder Scrolls Legends has an expansion dropping tomorrow

Eternal and Duelyst are in spoiler season for their next expansions, presumably both coming next month.

Magic Duels is ceasing support.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Eternal being the middle of next month makes me so unhappy

• Options

Duelyst is now published by Bandai Namco

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Cant wait to use goku

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    "Hmm. Everyone wants Death Knights in Hearthstone."

"Let's turn everyone into Death Knights!"

"You deserve a raise."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgaBjPyMtXo

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Duelyst is now published by Bandai Namco

what does this mean for the possibility of shiro puppydragon plushies????

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    "a few of you guys thought we were going to dalaran. brode, are we going to dalaran?"

"nope! get rekt, scrubs! it's northrend!"

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    It feels very telling about the relative popularity of WoW expansions that Hearthstone now has had 2 expansions (3 if you wanted to count Naxx) based on Wotlk.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    you know it's too easy to log into my old shadowverse account I had on my phone six months ago, they should do more to make that process more complicated

edit: also this "neutral card theme" is super dumb, I just had a forestcraft player play literally five straight "if you have 3 neutrals in hand" and there's not shit you can do about that because they're so far above the curve, it's just like do you keep ripping the correct cards or are you forced to play your neutral cards for tempo oh whoops all your cards fucking suck now

it's dumb

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Shadowverse is very powercreepy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Playing Shadowverse Arena.

"Hmmm, let's evolve my Corpselord of Woe. It guarantees me lethal next turn even if they play Bahamut!"

[opponent plays Bahamut]

I am a god.

Bahamut is stronger Deathwing. Corpselord of Woe can only attack if it's evolved, but when it dies while evolved it resurrects itself (and can evolve itself with a currency you get for having minions die, which Bahamut took care of for me, letting me attack for lethal).

edit: yeeeee 5-0

I don't blame people for not knowing how to play around it, because it's a super weird card, but for the love of god kill Corpselord if they give you the chance.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    New Duelyst expansion's out. 94 new cards and early community response has been pretty positive. They're running a promo right now for logging in for free packs, cosmetics, etc. so it's worth popping back to claim that.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So I'm pretty excited that I switched carriers and can now get cell signal at my work desk for lunch break fun. What is a good android based card game that folks would recommend that also allows for bot/ai battles with a low cost of entry?

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Shardbound has had some big balancing patches recently and is a shitload of fun and needs people to play. Play Shardbound!

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    So I'm pretty excited that I switched carriers and can now get cell signal at my work desk for lunch break fun. What is a good android based card game that folks would recommend that also allows for bot/ai battles with a low cost of entry?

Magic Puzzle Quest is a decent ccg/match-3 hybrid. It's pretty grindy, but you can play for free forever and It's got a pretty satisfying get shiny new card / update deck / level up planeswalker cycle, esp in the Story missions. It's my go to time waster on my Android phone.

If you play, scroll down at the bottom of the main page each day for free stuff.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017

Eternal has an Android
    client available (free) through Google Play. It has multiple solo-play modes, though computer opponents are more like puzzles to solve than actual AI competitors.

metaghost on
  • Options
    Cog wrote: »
    Shardbound has had some big balancing patches recently and is a shitload of fun and needs people to play. Play Shardbound!
    I've played a few hours of Shardbound and it seems pretty good. Currently a little rough around the edges for my taste but definitely worth keeping an eye on.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    The next Eternal set is out on PC but will be delayed on mobile til after the weekend.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Blue map wrote: »
    Cog wrote: »
    I've played a few hours of Shardbound and it seems pretty good. Currently a little rough around the edges for my taste but definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Still technically pre-alpha. They need to work on the UI the most, they've got a few elements that are pretty un-intuitive and a few that are placeholders to let them turn on some new mechanics but need to be replaced.

They said in the last patch notes that they expect the card art to start filling in at a faster pace now, and they're going to swap to bi-weekly patching instead of weekly. Releasing a patch has a certain amount of overhead involved, so they want to spend some of that time on content and release patches half as often but with much more content.

• Options
    Well I played a Praxis Warp mirror match in Eternal decided by which of us emptied their decks first, so I'm gonna say Good Expansion

(for point of order, Eternal deck size is 75 cards)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Well I played a Praxis Warp mirror match in Eternal decided by which of us emptied their decks first, so I'm gonna say Good Expansion

Is... is it Laboratory Maniac?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Is... is it Laboratory Maniac?

nah, cards with Warp can be seen when they're on the top of your deck, and played as though they were in your hand. then, there's a card that makes your Warp cards cheaper when you cast them like that. so you wind up being able to rip through your deck very efficiently, but in the mirror you can stall out depending on who hits answers when. i caught on before my opponent did that we were gonna hit the bottom of our decks, so i slowed down before he did, and thus, i won

the card you want is
    MzeI5C8.png?1

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Duelyst is running a Twitter promo thing on Twitter for free packs of the new expansion. Not sure if the packs are guaranteed or if they're a random giveaway but it's worth looking into all the same.

Blue map on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Man, Eternal draft is a fucking rollercoaster. I've never had such violent mood spikes playing a game, nevermind having one every other turn for like fifteen turns.

That the game ended because they ripped a flying-giving minion after they ripped three lands in a row to put down their 7 drop stranger lord and then ripped three more strangers to stabilize was kind of annoying, that they weren't attacking into almost guaranteed lethal was annoying, that I drew the one card I needed to win instantly for several turns one turn too late was annoying although it'd have been fine to work towards the win discounting the flying topdeck... hell, that Stranger buffs are symmetrical is annoying, both MTG and Hearthstone realized that mechanic sucked sucked and phased it out. Blargh.

Edit: I'm not sure I can follow through with Eternal to the point of actually playing constructed, as both Draft and New Player Games seem extremely bomb-oriented where it's just scrabbling until one person draws their Good Card and the other loses almost immediately because of that. That was my biggest problem with Duelyst, as well.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Man, Eternal draft is a fucking rollercoaster. I've never had such violent mood spikes playing a game, nevermind having one every other turn for like fifteen turns.

That the game ended because they ripped a flying-giving minion after they ripped three lands in a row to put down their 7 drop stranger lord and then ripped three more strangers to stabilize was kind of annoying, that they weren't attacking into almost guaranteed lethal was annoying, that I drew the one card I needed to win instantly for several turns one turn too late was annoying although it'd have been fine to work towards the win discounting the flying topdeck... hell, that Stranger buffs are symmetrical is annoying, both MTG and Hearthstone realized that mechanic sucked sucked and phased it out. Blargh.

Edit: I'm not sure I can follow through with Eternal to the point of actually playing constructed, as both Draft and New Player Games seem extremely bomb-oriented where it's just scrabbling until one person draws their Good Card and the other loses almost immediately because of that. That was my biggest problem with Duelyst, as well.
    I'd say Duelyst is actually pretty forgiving when it comes to new player games. Budget decks are pretty solid and most of the player base doesn't know what the hell they're doing until you hit gold. You're on the money with draft though, that format is junk garbage.

• Options
    eternal probably has like the best removal of all dcgs

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Elder Scrolls: Legends is doing twitch drops. You can find a participating stream, mute the tab, and minimize the window. Just let it run and occasionally pick up a free gift. So far I've gotten two different lots of gold and a legendary.