As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA] The Wind-up Bird at the End of the World [Game over - Final Narration up

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Six of us, then.

Lucedes
    Zombie Hero
    Locus
    Hedgethorn
    Cythraul
    LostNinja

Anyone else... a villager? Please contact me.

• Options
    I know that if the factions are kinda symmetrical in number,
    there's probably 1 INKling and 1 organization member left?

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    narration still incoming. got called into work. real hard to be a host on mobile.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    LostNinja

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Six of us, then.

Lucedes
    Zombie Hero
    Locus
    Hedgethorn

Cythraul
    LostNinja

Anyone else... a villager? Please contact me.

Since we're so close to the end, I should reveal. I'm the medium. All I've been able to do with my power is discover whether someone belongs to the grey faction or not. (Unfortunately, I didn't get my orders in a couple times, so I have less information than I should.)

ZombieHero is shadowless. Or, at least, he was way back on night 2. Everybody else I've investigated is dead already.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I had a 'vision' on night 2. That may have caused me to be shadowless now, but I suspect that I lot of folks are. (I think that was Gray's wincon to have X% of surviving players without shadow).

So, when i die i will probably go green-gray like gizzy did. I didn't receive any kind of wincon update, so i imagine i still win\lose with the green team.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    So, what's going on with Cythraul/Lostninja/Locus?

Why is everyone quiet today

Steam
  • Options
    Who else did you use your power on, Hedge?

Steam
  • Options

Wouldn't you like to know

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »

Wouldn't you like to know

Well, I mean, I did ask

Steam
  • Options
    At this point mostly just putting a kill order in for Hedgethorn. Everyone's been so busy killing the other faction that being mafia's been a breeze. We win as long as any of the kills miss tonight.

• Options
    So you're either a VI, or a mafia boldly pretending to be a VI.

hmmm

Steam
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Here I am!

I haven't been in touch with anyone all game, so I have no idea who is doing what with whom.

I have no reason to doubt Hedgethorn and Zombie Hero unless they are in cahoots. Hedgethorn's reveal seems plausible. So if you guys are in cahoots, well played.

Lucedes I don't have a read on, but he is just as likely to be a villager as anyone else.

LostNinja voting for himself is weird and I don't trust it. Which may be a gambit to keep the vote off of him. So if that is a gambit, well played. Fake edit: Interesting turn of events.

Which leaves Cythraul, who has been quiet all game, and on multiple occasions has made single-word posts consisting merely of a vote.

So I will probably end up voting for Cythraul, but I haven't decided yet. Yes, I know I'm running out of time. But these end-game votes always stress me out. I never want to make the wrong decision.

• Options
    Five minute gap between LostNinja's post and my post with the Fake Edit just shows that I take way too long to compose a post.

• Options
    My lack of suspicion of Zombie Hero failed to take into account that a non-villager could be shadowless. We haven't seen it yet, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Who else did you use your power on, Hedge?

SirFab, Matev, and Austin. For all three, I was just told "...still has their shadow.". Hence why I think I only learn whether you're grey faction or not.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    Cythraul, I guess.

• Options
    I think I'll reveal here that I am masoned to zombie hero.

Also I've got to vote before work, so... Cythraul.

• Options
    Cythraul.

• Options
    Cyth I guess?

Steam
  • Options
    GAME OVER

• Options
    How many "days" did this game last?

• Options
    I apologize if I screwed this up.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Nah you're good.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Who won? I already revealed my role.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I'm guessing that corv set the day close to their beginning-of-work time rather than their end-of-work time... which is likely making it hard to write narrations.

Edit: Maybe not I dunno.

discrider on
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    corv had a medical emergency. mobile posting. full narration coming as soon as i am released. enjoy the suspense.

corvidae on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Ah,
    take all the time ya need.
    Medical Emergencies suck

Much love and wellwishes from us to you, Corvidae!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    "What happened after that is difficult to talk about," said the man.
    He took his sexond empty beer can and squeezed a dent into it.
    "Maybe you could ask me questions? You already know pretty much what there is to know, right?"
    "Okay, but if it makes no difference to you, let's not start at the beginning. You are already dead, aren't you?"
    "That's right," said my friend finally. "I'm dead"

clockwork_bird_by_m_everham-d4crerl.jpg

Shortly after that, I encountered one ominous fact. At first I tried to resist accepting it as fact. My mind came up with a list of possibilities that would enable me to do that. I tried to convince myself that it was a hallucination brought on by the combination of darkness and fatigue. But in the end, I had to recognize its truth. However much I attempted to deceive myself, it would not go away.
    The water level was rising.

"To tell you the truth, I don't consider what I do to be a religious activity. " [The Leader] said. "What I am doing is listening to the voices and transmitting them to people. I am the only one who can hear the voices. That I can hear them is unmistakable truth, but I can't prove that the messages are the truth. Now I need you to finish once and for all. There's no need to hesitate."

With all the mechanisms removed, without the Organization to harbor them. The voices of the little people went silent.

The Victorious
    The Village
    The INKlings
    The Town
    The Leader

• Options
    Sorry it took so long to get that final narration up.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    What
    That's a lot of winners.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Who lost?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Who lost?

Red & magenta, it looks like.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Who were my other INKlings?

Our hits were pretty well coordinated there for a while considering we didn't know who each other was.

• Options
    I was an INKling! And I thought we did a pretty good job. Even if JFP almost blew up my spot by dying.

• Options
    So INKlings could win with the village? What did yall have to do to win?

Steam
  • Options
    Eliminate all OTHER threats.

• Options
    Design notes:

There were several asymmetrical factions.

The regular village :Had a seer, an action seer, and a medium to see if anyone possessed a shadow. There were also 3 characters that gave out charges to unlock various other abilities. Unluckily enough, Two of the chargegivers died early -. Gizzy and Kime. And Brody who was the third repeatedly, accidentally gave his charges to Austin, which helped power the INKling kills.

The INKlings only won when all other non-village factions were eliminated. With Locus killing the Lostninja, He eliminated the last outside faction.

Thetown would win when over 50% of the village was shadowless. Removing shadows inhibited some abilities (with the exception of Burnage which enabled his), but for the most part they managed to hit only vanilla villagers until the last day.

The The little people were standard mafia

The Organization :could win with the little people, but had to protect the Leader

The Leader was a Village Idiot who needed to die after day 3.

Johnnie Walker was a SK. The other Magenta people were roles that gave charges when targeted by players. Sirfab had probably the most difficult role here, but with the highest reward.

• Options
    Other Notes:

For my first time hosting phalla. I'm glad I got it out of the way. I hope it wasn't as much of a trainwreck for you as it was for me. Granted I had some RL stuff get in the way, but I did enjoy it.

Things I learned:

prepare A LOT more
    next time have a much later vote close
    ppl don't talk as much as i thought.
    and you ppl are pretty funny sometimes.

• Options
    The PM talking is probably a factor of having factions.

I know I didn't really reach out to anyone due to not knowing a great way to talk and not have factions get in the way.

That said, I was hoping that I could catch someone's interest with my D1 comment of "inkling" but no one caught it...