As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam - Final Winter Charity Total: $5,315.84

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    PE1aZof.png

I love you @Spoit

Pixelated Pixiean_altCorriganXJazzKalnaurBeryllineEd GrubermanGear GirlSkutSkutIoloStollsAntoshkaElvenshaeshdwcasterKarozRoyceSraphimHeatwaveHyphyKezzyTalus9952KoopahTroopahchasmCorsinimori1972
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    There's a game out on Steam now called The Multidimensional Underwear Drawer.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Jazzdestroyah87ElvenshaePolaritieRoyceSraphimIanatorHeatwaveTalus9952chasm
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    So, too many folks wanted this for me to just gift it to someone:

signature.png

G&T Adventure Team only, I'll hand the Humble Link to the winner on Monday. :biggrin:

I got super lazy about reposting this. In any event, @Jazz is the winnar! Sending the link presently. Also, stay tuned.

Thank you! <3 Received and marked as such on Steamgifts. This looks like a really cool game and the reviews are great, so hopefully I can get to it soon-ish!

Jazz on
    IoloHyphyKezzyTalus9952
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

It's a MUD, right?

JazzKalnaurBurnageIoloMudzgutbloodatonementStollsElvenshaeshdwcasterPolaritieRoyceSraphimAsheCommander ZoomHyphyKezzyf3rretTalus9952KoopahTroopahFryCorsini
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    This christmas the holiday hangout should just be a MUD.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Happy Birthday @SmokeStacks <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    SmokeStacksBeryllineGear GirlMudzgutan_altStollsBig ClassyElvenshaeKarozRoyceSraphimHeatwaveHyphyKezzyJeixTalus9952KoopahTroopahTeeMan
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    So, The Flame in the Flood sounds like a great game. Just not a great game for me. So . . .

signature.png

PA G&T Adventure Team, Runs until Friday. Humble Gift Link to the winner.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

SumanaiBeryllineJazzEd GrubermanGear GirlSkutSkutIoloPixelated Pixiean_altKai_SanStollsElvenshaeKarozRoyceSraphimAsheHeatwaveHyphyKezzyf3rretElderPaoTalus9952KoopahTroopah
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    @Sumanai determined that I was only at 665 games on Steam and hit me with Chompy Chomp Chomp.

Thank you!

Now I need an Exorcist...

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

BeryllineJazzGear GirlIolodestroyah87StollsElvenshaeKarozRoyceSraphimHeatwaveHyphyKezzyTalus9952KoopahTroopah
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    You guys helped me out before, so I have a question.

I realized the other genre I really want to up my collection with is the platformer section. Mainly all those nice indie ones that have come up in like AGDQ and SGDQ speedruns. I know there are a lot of really good ones on Steam that might not jump out at me right away. So if you know the kind I am talking about let me know, and I can fill out my list for later. Difficulty is no issue, and in fact is encouraged.

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Kai_San wrote: »

I realized the other genre I really want to up my collection with is the platformer section. Mainly all those nice indie ones that have come up in like AGDQ and SGDQ speedruns. I know there are a lot of really good ones on Steam that might not jump out at me right away. So if you know the kind I am talking about let me know, and I can fill out my list for later. Difficulty is no issue, and in fact is encouraged.

Here's a few that came to mind when you mentioned platformer/indie/speedrun: Spelunky, Shovel Knight, La Mulana and Wings of Vi.

Then there's fantastic platformers like the Rayman games, Ori and the Blind Forest, Dust: An Elysian Tail, etc.

edit: btw, I have a coupon for Ori if you want it, 75% off, great deal for an amazing game.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
    KalnaurCorriganXKai_SanKarozRoyceSraphim
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Thanks to the always sexy @gBAZ for LEGO Jurassic World!

Pixelated PixieKalnaurToyDStollsKarozRoyceSraphimHeatwaveHyphyKezzy
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

Here's a few that came to mind when you mentioned platformer/indie/speedrun: Spelunky, Shovel Knight, La Mulana and Wings of Vi.

Then there's fantastic platformers like the Rayman games, Ori and the Blind Forest, Dust: An Elysian Tail, etc.

edit: btw, I have a coupon for Ori if you want it, 75% off, great deal for an amazing game.

Requisite callout of FLY'N

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223730/

It's like playing a damned cartoon, and has a most satisfactory difficulty curve towards the end.

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Sumanai wrote: »

I'm not sure the Ori coupon is transferable (even though I think it says it is tradable). I think it was meant as a workaround for steam rules to offer a loyalty discount to people who bought the original version.

Edit: that being said, you should totally get Ori, @Kai_San, because it's freaking awesome.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    Kalnaur
    edited December 2016
    I wish more people had Blur. That was the most amazing fun racing game. I wish I had the foresight to buy 400 copies and just hand them out to friends. Goddamn was that game good. GODDAMN YOU ACTIVISION.

(Listening to a 90s-2000s playlist, Blur - Song 2 just came up. Reminded me of how much I loved that game.)

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    Yeah you guys delivered really fast. Wings of Vi was the game that got me thinking about this as I had heard about it before but forgot the name.

Ori and Dust both look amazing, and I never heard of them, so those are definitely awesome recommendations.

I will also get shovel knight one day. I should likely make that my first goal, because its silly I have put it off for so long. I think even all my RL friends have played that already.

• chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular

The most gorgeous and fun platformer I have ever played is Rayman Legends. The levels are tough if you try to perfect them, but also fun to just get through if you want a more casual experience. There are a bunch of levels, and the game makes revisiting levels fun and meaningful, and there is also a best of list of levels from the previous game to unlock. It is up there with the best Marios as my favourite platformer of all time.

edited December 2016
    I have rejected simple things such as dark and light, and seek a better answer than the flame. Dark Souls II, done!

For now, at least. *sigh* Yet another game to my "Beaten but Replayable" stack. Gotta go beat some games that just have a campaign and that's it.
    *Boots up No Man's Sky or ARK or Terraria again . . .*

Kalnaur on
    steam_sig.png

IoloKarozRoyceSraphimcB557AsheHyphyKezzy
    http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/
    Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.

Once tactics is on steam I will never be seen from again.

n1woEHJ.png
    SumanaiStollsStabbity StyleBeryllineElvenshaeJragghenan_altRoyceSraphimIanatorAsheCommander ZoomHalfazedninjaHyphyKezzyJeixSir CarcassKoopahTroopahTalus9952Goldenbarqsmori1972
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    More games added to GOG connect.

https://www.gog.com/connect?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=20161205_winter_sale_connect&utm_term=EN

I got 6, so there should be a few for a lot of folks.

They really need to make a mailing list for this.

Kalnaurjclast
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.

Man I hope we are gonna get some actual good versions of these games instead of the usual sloppy iOS rushjob ports we normally expect from Square Enix these days. I would be down for some classic JRPG action.

KalnaurElvenshaeStabbity StyleSteel AngelSumanaiCommander ZoomJeixFry
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular

I still don't know how you find these things. Are you an edge case in Valve's recommendation engine, pushing parameters where they were never designed to go?
    Or do you search for a list of things daily, and look sadly upon the no results, until one day they show up, and then move onto the next one?

n57PM0C.jpg
    Kalnaur
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »

I still don't know how you find these things. Are you an edge case in Valve's recommendation engine, pushing parameters where they were never designed to go?
    Or do you search for a list of things daily, and look sadly upon the no results, until one day they show up, and then move onto the next one?

They... they just show up on the front page of the Steam store for me. It's weird, I know! Like, how does that even happen? ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

They... they just show up on the front page of the Steam store for me. It's weird, I know! Like, how does that even happen? ;)

Because your helpful friends who gave you the odd games have trained Steam's algorithms to regard your account with a...unique eye.

Madican on
    KalnaurSteel AngelPoketpixieCommander Zoom
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »
    Ashe wrote: »
    Democracy 3 is fab. On my first attempt, despite a bunch of positive changes to the UK, including big boosts to health, education and the environment, as well as huge drops in crime, I was beaten by an absolute mile at the first general election. Politics is a cruel game.

On the bright side, I wasn't assassinated.

I recommend grabbing it in the latest Humble Bundle if you want to have a play at running a country (into the ground)!

First time I played I was assassinated after two years. Second time (with a little FAQ help) I survived my first term and was so awesome, won reelection with 100% of the vote.

My second attempt was going swimmingly. The achievements were piling up, re-elected twice via landslides, we were a crime- and poverty-free, egalitarian, healthy, educated, green UK, mere fingertips from a blissful utopia.

And then the bloomin' capitalists shot me.

Steven Segal in.........

EXECUTIVE VENGEANCE

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

Not sure I could go back to I or II, but I loved XII (no idea what is different about The Zodiac Age though), and despite owning Disgaea already I would totally buy and try (and fail) to make time for Final Fantasy Tactics.

camo_sig2.png
    Kalnaur
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Yeah you guys delivered really fast. Wings of Vi was the game that got me thinking about this as I had heard about it before but forgot the name.

Ori and Dust both look amazing, and I never heard of them, so those are definitely awesome recommendations.

I will also get shovel knight one day. I should likely make that my first goal, because its silly I have put it off for so long. I think even all my RL friends have played that already.

If I recall correctly last time you asked for rouge likes, since you are also asking for platformers, Spelunky is simply the correct choice.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Because your helpful friends who gave you the odd games have trained Steam's algorithms to regard your account with a...unique eye.

A lot of the people here have done the equivalent of Bayesian poisoning to Steam's recommendation algorithm.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    PolaritieKalnaurBurnageAshean_alt
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Hey, is anybody else having their Steam client maximize itself all the damn time? Because mine is and it's annoying as hell.

camo_sig2.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    And they say front page discovery is broken....

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    More games added to GOG connect.

https://www.gog.com/connect?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=20161205_winter_sale_connect&utm_term=EN

I got 6, so there should be a few for a lot of folks.

They really need to make a mailing list for this.

I did get an email?

shdwcaster
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I finished Pony Island in about 2 hours yesterday. Its difficult to put into words since I don't want to heap a ton of praise on the game but I also didn't dislike it, it just never wowed me. It knows what it wants to do and doesn't overstay its welcome, and I would consider replaying it to get more tickets in the future.

How much did you beat it?
    Finished the game but with only 7 out of 24 tickets.

SteevL wrote: »

Yeah this was absolutely one of the ones I was looking for. That game is basically 100% the type of thing I was looking for.

Everything else has been super helpful too. I have a lot to look forward to now!

DrakeSteevL
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    And if you like a bit of randomness in your levels and some character progression please do check Rogue Legacy, had a lot of fun with it. It's kind of a mix between a platformer and a roguelike.

camo_sig2.png
    jclastBedlam
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @Viking knows what I like.

HAns2yI.png

Even if I don't (yet). Thanks dude!

ElvenshaeKarozSkutSkutbloodatonementBasilKalnaurAsheHeatwavePixelated PixieGear GirlStollsIolojclastHyphyKezzyKoopahTroopahTalus9952an_altchasmshdwcasterRoyceSraphimMudzgutCorsiniTeeManmori1972
    edited December 2016
    Absolute Drift is really fun. It's one of those "easy to play, hard to master" control schemes that are kind of frustrating until you "get it". Once things clicked and I pulled off my first really impressive drift it felt amazing. The "Micro Machines meets Mirror's Edge" aesthetic (large untextured white areas with occasional splashes of color used to highlight something) combined with the soundtrack made playing extremely relaxing, even when I was fucking up, which was interesting:
    ?.jpg

There are a few playable vehicles based on popular "drift" cars (an AE86, a Supra, a 180SX, a BMW M3, etc). For the most part the cars perform fairly similar, but there are some differences due to weight. I think the only wish I have is that it had workshop support (for new cars and skins) and multiplayer (if only for hooning around with your friends in free roam for kicks).

All in all though I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a non-standard driving game, or even just something mellow to play. Thank you again, @Spoit

SmokeStacks on
    Ed GrubermanIoloToyDHyphyKezzyJeixdestroyah87Karozan_altRoyceSraphim
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    I finished Pony Island in about 2 hours yesterday. Its difficult to put into words since I don't want to heap a ton of praise on the game but I also didn't dislike it, it just never wowed me. It knows what it wants to do and doesn't overstay its welcome, and I would consider replaying it to get more tickets in the future.

How much did you beat it?
    Finished the game but with only 7 out of 24 tickets.

What ending did you get?

Oops. Sorry, Jock. I was too focused on trying to finish the game that I didn't pay attention to the NPCs.

#VaguePosting

steam_sig.png

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    New page, new chance to enter

signature.png

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    BlackjackGear GirlIolojclastHyphyKezzyKarozTalus9952an_altchasmKalnaurshdwcasterRoyceSraphimMudzgutCorsini
This discussion has been closed.