As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam - Final Winter Charity Total: $5,315.84

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I really hope PGI doesn't drop the ball with this.

IanatorElvenshae
  • HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    Honestly, even if MW5 isn't great, if it leads to the older games getting a re-release either on Steam or GOG I'll be happy.

Of course, I want it to be awesome, but as always, we'll see.

steam_sig-400.png
    RoyceSraphim
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Honestly, even if MW5 isn't great, if it leads to the older games getting a re-release either on Steam or GOG I'll be happy.

I doubt it's that easy unfortunately. The Mechwarrior IP has had a storied history.

• HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    Oh, I know. But somebody (can't remember if it was PGI or not) had a short-term license for 4 at least, hopefully they can get that renewed to help build up some hype.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Fallout 4 + Settlement building + Mods = <3

?.jpg

What mods are those? That looks pretty nice.

Some of it is vanilla, but I am using Brighter Settlement Lights and Homemaker, which adds a lot of new settlement items, like the trees. I just threw this together last night and plan on tweaking and adding more:

?.jpg

It also looks cool during the day, where it shades the whole platform.

Sir Carcass on
    ToyDKarozHeatwavef3rretRoyceSraphimPoketpixieElvenshaeTalus9952
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Follow this progression:

@Scratchy asks if I want to play games.
    I tell him I'm decorating my tree.
    He strikes!

890vszn2c0ts.png

Thank you!

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

BeryllineKarozAsheCorriganXSkutSkutPixelated Pixiedestroyah87ZavianIoloAntoshkaKoopahTroopahDrakeStollsbloodatonementKalnaurGear GirlHeatwaveHyphyKezzyan_altmori1972RoyceSraphimElvenshaeTalus9952Corsini
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Ok, the poll was pretty clear. Accepting gifts and doing a cute stream were the most popular options. So for my incentives,

At $1000, I'll do a cute stream. This means a stream in which I'll be playing a selection of the cutest games I have and Benji's cam will be extra big. I'll also throw in some storytime breaks.

At $2000, I'll be accepting gifts during the sale (limited to one game per person).

@Bobkins Flymo

CorriganXcooljammer00Pixelated PixieBlackjackTetraRayJeixZavianIoloSumanaiKoopahTroopahAsheDrakeStollsKalnaurHeatwaveHyphyKezzyRoyceSraphiman_altElvenshaeTeeManTalus9952CorsiniDaxterMaxUndead Scottsman
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Ok, the poll was pretty clear. Accepting gifts and doing a cute stream were the most popular options. So for my incentives,

At $1000, I'll do a cute stream. This means a stream in which I'll be playing a selection of the cutest games I have and Benji's cam will be extra big. I'll also throw in some storytime breaks.

At $2000, I'll be accepting gifts during the sale (limited to one game per person).

@ Bobkins Flymo

But unlimited DLC?

steam_sig.png
    cooljammer00MaguanoTetraRayKalnaurHeatwaveIanatorElvenshaeTalus9952
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    It is exceedingly funny that one of the incentives to donate to charity is the ability to gift a person games.

Never change Steam thread. Never change.

CroakerBCdestroyah87BurnageAsheDrakeStollsKalnaurHeatwaveIanatormori1972an_altElvenshaeTeeManTalus9952
    edited December 2016
    Daimar wrote: »

Bobkins Flymo

But unlimited DLC?

Ahaha you guys, I'm getting questions about this on steam, too. Ok, I'll try to be super clear and answer all of the questions I'm being asked in this one spot. One item per person. It can be a game, DLC, soundtrack, whatever. Bundles are a no-go. (They're a whole bunch of items.) This is for the duration of this upcoming winter sale only. I will not be accepting friend requests from alt accounts (and please no cheating with proxies). <3
    And just because I wouldn't put it past some of you, despite the fact that I don't own it, I won't be able to accept Dishonored 2. A family member is getting it for me for Christmas. <3

Edit: This is for digital, Steam items only.

Berylline on
    cooljammer00TetraRayIoloStollsKalnaurHeatwaveHyphyKezzyRoyceSraphimElvenshaeTeeManakajaybay
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

Bobkins Flymo

But unlimited DLC?

Ahaha you guys, I'm getting questions about this on steam, too. Ok, I'll try to be super clear and answer all of the questions I'm being asked in this one spot. One item per person. It can be a game, DLC, soundtrack, whatever. Bundles are a no-go. (They're a whole bunch of items.) This is for the duration of this upcoming winter sale only. I will not be accepting friend requests from alt accounts (and please no cheating with proxies). <3
    And just because I wouldn't put it past some of you, despite the fact that I don't own it, I won't be able to accept Dishonored 2. A family member is getting it for me for Christmas. <3

What if someone were to buy you final fantasy 15, then someone else buys you a ps4 since its only one item per person. Im asking for a friend.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    cooljammer00GoldenbarqsStollsHeatwaveSpoitRoyceSraphimElvenshaeTalus9952Corsini
    CorriganX wrote: »

Bobkins Flymo

But unlimited DLC?

What if someone were to buy you final fantasy 15, then someone else buys you a ps4 since its only one item per person. Im asking for a friend.

Oh my goodness, I want to assume you're joking, but knowing this crew, I can't assume that. No one should have my address. This is for digital items only. Let's keep it to Steam.

Kalnaur
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Let's keep the donating rolling! Remember, @Maguano said they are matching donations made this weekend so right now your donations are worth double! :)

Here's mine, @Bobkins Flymo

XRJkedX.png?4

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    ZavianIoloPixelated PixieSumanaiKarozBlackjackchasmTetraRayBeryllineSkutSkutStollsbloodatonementKalnaurHeatwaveHyphyKezzyIanatorKoopahTroopahRoyceSraphiman_altElvenshaeTeeManTalus9952CorsiniDaxterMaxUndead Scottsman
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    @Maguano @Bobkins Flymo

Lz0C9wS.png

Bit less this year - still rebuilding savings post-wedding/honeymoon, and with things as they are right now, I'm spreading my annual charitable givings around a bit more (National Park Foundation, EFF, etc).

Also, seriously good on you, Maguano. I know the feeling of creeping dread going "shit, what did I get myself into?" watching the number tick up :P

Jragghen on
    BlackjackZavianchasmTetraRayKarozPixelated PixieHiT BiTBeryllineSumanaiSkutSkutBig ClassyjclastStollsbloodatonementKalnaurUndead ScottsmanIoloMaguanoHeatwaveHyphyKezzyIanatorf3rretKoopahTroopahan_altElvenshaeTeeManTalus9952DaxterMax
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    WE HAVE A WINNAH!!1!
    Grats @Ashe ! Enjoy this awesome game, and watch out for the boar, he's kind of a dick
    signature.png

JragghenBlackjackAshecB557TetraRayKarozStabbity StyleCoffeyBeryllineSumanaiSkutSkutStollsbloodatonementKalnaurIoloKai_SanHeatwaveHyphyKezzyf3rretan_altElvenshaeTalus9952Corsini
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

I doubt it's that easy unfortunately. The Mechwarrior IP has had a storied history.

Calling it labyrinthine would be oversimplifying it. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I think they missed the mark by setting it during the Third Succession War. Gimme a Word of Blake Jihad game.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Woop, thanks @Zavian! Had my eye on this one for a while - looks wonderful. And watch out for the boar, noted, thanks!

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
    ZavianTetraRayKarozBeryllinechasmStollsKalnaurIoloHeatwaveHyphyKezzyan_alt
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    chasm wrote: »

Calling it labyrinthine would be oversimplifying it. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I think they missed the mark by setting it during the Third Succession War. Gimme a Word of Blake Jihad game.

Holy cow but I don't think that would go over well.

Elvenshae
    Orogogus wrote: »

Probably not given current events, but it'd make for a really interesting game.

steam_sig.png
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular

Well, I just mean that a lot of the fanbase hated the Jihad. I didn't find it any more ridiculous than the rest of the background, but it seems safer to avoid it.

Elvenshae

Well, I just mean that a lot of the fanbase hated the Jihad. I didn't find it any more ridiculous than the rest of the background, but it seems safer to avoid it.

I kinda hated it because it was just a mass killing of the universe, mostly written by people who'd never touched the universe before. I think the peak of the Battletech universe was the FedCom civil war, but MW4 wasn't a great representation of it for me.

steam_sig.png
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    So, if anyone is interested in the Minion Masters game, PM me. First PM I get gets the game. I was going to do a contest, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this time of year the thread moves too fast. :wink:

If it matters, it was made by the folks who made Forced.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

BeryllineBlackjackHyphyKezzyTetraRayan_altElvenshaebloodatonementCorsini
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular

All I learned from MW2 were that the Clans were assholes. I was too young to understand what was going on. I ended up playing MW1 after the fact, which didn't help either.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Oh hai Mark Steam Thread

signature.png

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    QuicalSkutSkutHyphyKezzyBeryllineKarozPixelated PixieIoloTetraRayKalnaurcB557JragghenEd GrubermanStollsGear Girlan_altBlackjackTeeManAsheTalus9952bloodatonementCorsini
  • imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    @HiT BiT DEMANDS SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE, and has gifted me Skulls of The Shogun.

HyphyKezzyBeryllineKarozPixelated PixieIoloTetraRayCorriganXKalnaurEd Grubermandestroyah87HeatwaveAntoshkaStollsmori1972Gear Girlan_altRoyceSraphimchasmBlackjackAsheTalus9952Corsini
  • gBAZgBAZ Registered User regular
    Last call.
    signature.png

Seems rather popular, I may giveaway more Lego games, if this irl thing happens before the bundlestars sale end. (and i could get a new pc.. **crosses fingers)

SkutSkutBeryllineIoloEd GrubermanHeatwaveKarozStollsmori1972übergeekToyDan_altElvenshaechasmBlackjackHyphyKezzyTalus9952bloodatonement
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    LEGO Jurassic Park? Do you get to feed teenage LEGOs to dinosaurs? I must know. For reasons...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    HeatwaveKarozTeeManTalus9952
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Karozdestroyah87KoopahTroopah
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    LEGO Jurassic Park? Do you get to feed teenage LEGOs to dinosaurs? I must know. For reasons...

No, but you do sometimes get to play as the dinos!

camo_sig2.png
    CorriganXKalnaurToyD
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Grow Up is a super chill game; even the timed challenges aren't terribly stressful.

Tracking down all 150 collectibles is going to be a pain though.

TeeMan
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

I kinda hated it because it was just a mass killing of the universe, mostly written by people who'd never touched the universe before. I think the peak of the Battletech universe was the FedCom civil war, but MW4 wasn't a great representation of it for me.

As someone that only touched the universe through pc games and novels, the whole thing struck me as a way for Wizkids to have a clean slate to have their Mechclix or whatever they were called spinoff game be its own thing. Not sure why that needed its own timeline though when they could have done a greatest hits approach and let you field a clan invasion omnimech against a Star League whatever.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    I really shouldn't do it, but that Lego Deal is pretty tempting......nah I only beat one game, and I'm struggling to start Supreme Commander up again to beat that. I can always get it in the summer sale. I've held off on that Arkham Knight bundle for God knows how long, and it just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper.

camo_sig.png
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Wouldn't miss this party for the world, @Bobkins Flymo

yzHxzTU.jpg

2016's been rough. Let's make it a little less so :+1:

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
    BeryllineKarozKalnaurUndead ScottsmanübergeekGear GirlIolodestroyah87jclastJragghenZavianPixelated PixieSumanaiSkutSkutan_altTetraRayBig ClassyStericaAntoshkaElvenshaeGrovechasmIanatorBlackjackTeeManAsheHyphyKezzyElderPaof3rretTalus9952bloodatonementScratchyCorsinimori1972DaxterMax
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    jclast wrote: »

No, but you do sometimes get to play as the dinos!

Lego games are awesome! They're light hearted and funny puzzle platformers with collection bits. Sometimes the puzzles can be downright obscure, but that's pretty rare. Good for the conpletionist in you for your chosen series. Plus my daughter loves the dinos in Jurassic world or just the game in general for the lego movie game.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I've never played any of the LEGO games.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    f3rret
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Go buy the cheapest one you can get (probably Star Wars since it's the oldest) and try it out.

If you don't like it than you're only out a few bucks and you'll have to come to terms with the fact that you are an emotionless lizardman.

If you do like it than you'll be in luck, because there are a ton of Lego games from a ton of different franchises to get into, everything from Indiana Jones to Harry Potter to Marvel.

an_altElvenshaeKalnaur
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

This is brave of you to admit.

Courage!

Steel AngelPolaritieElvenshaeTeeManKalnaurTalus9952
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    The only thing about the Lego games is this one caution I give to you. Buy nothing until you've found and bought at least the 2x and 4x multiplier red bricks. They're very expensive but after that you can be like me and have billions of studs when you finally 100% the game.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
    Elvenshae
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    billions of studs

Only stud I need is right here *looks in mirror*

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I'm slowly learning how programming works with Shenzhen I/O.
    I've had to crib *alot* of notes from Scott Manley and watching his vids over and over again.
    But the good news is that I've been able to go back to earlier puzzles and figured out how to optimize them to use few lines of code and/or power on my own.
    How do you programmers out there do this day in and day out? I know that Shenzhen is kids play compared to C# et al. but its kicking my ass.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    Sir CarcassKoopahTroopah
This discussion has been closed.