As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

a Horizon: Zero Dawn thread - now with cold!

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
edited November 2017 in Social Entropy++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CTGt28Xytw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksOfMqceRMM
If there's anything these soulless hype videos should tell you, it's that BIG THINGS are HAPPENING this WEEKEND

First there's the second annual Geoff Keighley Flips A Doritos-Branded Coin Awards, the Game Awards, which will air live tonight

But let's be honest here, the thing people tune into the Game Awards for is a bunch of trailers for new games

There'll be a new thing for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, there'll be gameplay for Mass Effect: Andromeda, I'm hearing rumors that the long-awaited sequel to Rocket: Robot on Wheels may also finally be confirmed, 17 years in the making!

But then, 2 days later, The Playstation Experience happens

The Playstation Experience doesn't even pretend to have awards that you should be invested in, it's just allllllll trailers

Hideo Kojima is bringing his new game Death Stranding, his fanfiction about his best friend Norman Reedus; Atlus is bringing Persona 5 in English, just to dangle it in front of you and take it away because you deserve it, you worm; there will probably be an announcement of Marvel vs. Capcom 4, where the main conflict this time is all the characters trying to figure out who hates the X-Men more

The Game Awards are tonight at 8:30 eastern time, 5:30 pacific, and the Playstation Experience kicks off on Saturday at 12:30 pm eastern, 9:30 pacific

6F32U1X.png
Mr. G on

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    #wewantnitroplusthegameawards #buildingtheblasterz #infinitedueliwannainfiniteduelYOUgeoffkeighley

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Gonna go to a local political meeting tonight so I'm gonna miss the game awards live. Little sad, but some things are more important.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Gonna go to a local political meeting tonight so I'm gonna miss the game awards live. Little sad, but some things are more important.

One or two things, at least

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    #wewantnitroplusthegameawards #buildingtheblasterz #infinitedueliwannainfiniteduelYOUgeoffkeighley

1 fav for Rocket Robot on Wheels, 1 retweet for Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

6F32U1X.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    WORLD EXCLUSIVE PREMIER: FIRST DLC PACK FOR WATCH DOG 2
    WORLD EXCLUSIVE PREMIER: A NEW CARD FOR HEARTHSTONE ORIGINALLY SHOWN AT BLIZZCON
    WORLD EXCLUSIVE PREMIER: HERE'S THE MASS EFFECT 3 TRAILER WE DOWNLOADED FROM IGN
    WORLD EXCLUSIVE PREMIER: SNOOP DOGG, NOT A VIDEO GAME, JUST THE GUY, HE'S SITTING ON A COUCH

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That Duke Nukem thing is an active detriment to that package

CYpGAPn.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Gimme some deets on Spider-man

Gimme some deets on Spider-man
    Spider-Man is confirmed to not be at either this or PSX I believe

CYpGAPn.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Give me some deets on some new old school JRPGs

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    YEAH BULLETSTORM

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I think this is the most I've liked a pair of glasses Hideo Kojima has worn?

I really dig the way the frame splits around the outer edge of the lenses.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    we strandin'

we strandin' deadly

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    YES!

Guillermo!

(I mean that's who that's supposed to be right?)

rhylith on
    MADS

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    The world isn't ready for digital Mads Mikkelsen

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    ...Mads?

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    There was a split second where Guillermo's facial expressions/eyes reminded me of Snake.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I thought dude was going to start crying about how he couldn't give Hideo Kojima a meaningless award for over a dang year!

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    YES!

Guillermo!

(I mean that's who that's supposed to be right?)

I'm not 100%, but that's what I thought too.

I have no idea what Death Stranding is, but that trailer was Kojima as hell.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Need folks to be descriptive about what's going on for those who can't watch, like me

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Need folks to be descriptive about what's going on for those who can't watch, like me

Do you have access to twitter?

Follow Wario64, he's postin hella gifs and youtube links.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    "We're gonna show actual gameplay cause we got a lot of shit for No Man's Sky last year."

Last Guardian trailer plays: NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Oh hey it's Run the Jewels.

"We're gonna show actual gameplay cause we got a lot of shit for No Man's Sky last year."

that was the equivalent of a commercial break, probably best to discount those

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

that was the equivalent of a commercial break, probably best to discount those

Fair, but the timing was pretty fun though.

edited December 2016
    I think I missed a large part of these awards huh.

Tallahasseeriel on
    What is going on with these mics.

Uriel wrote: »
    I think I missed a good part of these awards huh.

Nope! It started about half an hour ago so far the only award actually on show has been Kojima winning the industry achievement award or whatever it was called.

Also SFV won best fighting game before the show started i'm told?

edited December 2016
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Nope! It started about half an hour ago so far the only award actually on show has been Kojima winning the industry achievement award or whatever it was called.

oh ok.

Oh hey they got voice actors?

Isn't that strike still on?

Also I wish the mic situation was better for Run the Jewels.

Seemed to really be throwing them off too, so it must be bad in the event too.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    What is going on with these mics.

contractors

ugh

Nitroplus Blasters was robbed.

Another preshow award was Rez for best VR game.

God DAMMIT I need Telltale Guardians immediately

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    God DAMMIT I need Telltale Guardians immediately

Can you call a title card a "World Premiere?" Also Telltale GotG leaked weeks ago.

Still I will enjoy seeing that.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    i assume there'll be some like actual place where you can find everything that got announced tonight? and the award winners?

I know it leaked but I still want it

CYpGAPn.png
    Holy Christ this Schick segment is hilariously awful

CYpGAPn.png
    fucking hell, this shick razor thing

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Oh shit its chappie

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg