Extremely
    damn am I gonna have to bring back let it place

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Extremely
    ps this is my favorite song off of bnl's christmas album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VndfhFsOJ0

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Nah
    Christmas music can be good

I think some of the songs people have posted in here are proof of that

But Christmas music, to me, means the constant deluge that starts in the middle of November anytime I step outside of my house

And that's all the same shit, and that's really the problem I have with it

Once the world starts giving me Christmas music that I haven't heard before (covers are fine, but original is even better), I'll change my vote to yeah

Straightzi on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Nah
    Anyways, that said, this is my favorite Christmas song, and it's a particularly nice salve to some of the retail woes of working during the Christmas season (or at least it once was for me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ogxQsMxO8

• Options
    Extremely
    I like a lot of Christmas music. I tend to avoid the local Christmas music station, because they largely play the same twelve songs on a loop, and the only one of those songs I can stand is "All I Want For Christmas Is You," though.

This is a good Christmas song even though it only really qualifies because it has "Christmas" in the title, but I don't care
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E1hCYVTvZ4

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Extremely
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Christmas music is extremely good, except for John Lennon's take on the genre.

That song is like a guy at a party who's glumly talking about the heat death of the universe while everyone else is trying to have fun.

McCartney's Wonderful Christmastime isn't nearly as bad but is still mediocre

Former Beatles apparently can't do Christmas music well

Aww, I like Wonderful Christmastime

I mean it's no Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree but it's pretty alright.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Nah
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Anyways, that said, this is my favorite Christmas song, and it's a particularly nice salve to some of the retail woes of working during the Christmas season (or at least it once was for me):

I liked to play this at work because it mentions my former workplace and that we were closed on christmas

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Nah
    Christmas music can be good

I think some of the songs people have posted in here are proof of that

But Christmas music, to me, means the constant deluge that starts in the middle of November anytime I step outside of my house

And that's all the same shit, and that's really the problem I have with it

Once the world starts giving me Christmas music that I haven't heard before (covers are fine, but original is even better), I'll change my vote to yeah

Yeah this is my feeling too. It's not that christmas music is bad inherently, it's just that it's EVERYWHERE, and the majority of it is LAZY. It adds nothing. It is a bad, generic version of an old ass song.

Also the old punk rocker in me can't help but seeing bands/singers releasing christmas albums of covers as a anything but a heinous, lazy money grab.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yeah
    I would have voted extremely but this is a world where Wonderful Christmastime and Last Christmas and Do They Know It's Christmas exist and fuck those songs in particular.

Also it bums me out how much Baby It's Cold Outside has been ruined for me as I've grown up and realized that it's a fucking trash song for creepos.

• Options
    Nah
    Shorty wrote: »

I liked to play this at work because it mentions my former workplace and that we were closed on christmas

The brief portion of my life in which I worked in a movie theater encompassed the Christmas season

It was the first Christmas I didn't spend with my family (this upcoming one is going to be the second, but that's much more by choice)

I drank a lot of vodka and snows after that shift, let me tell you

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Wonderful Christmastime is the fucking worst

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Yeah
    I'm no humbugger but if i could erase Frosty and Rudolph from existence i would not hesitate

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Extremely
    I've yet to find a cover of "Winter Wonderland" that I like more than The Miracles' version. Don't think I've ever heard it on the radio, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UlK0yD0KSw

• Options
    Nah
    Peen wrote: »
    I would have voted extremely but this is a world where Wonderful Christmastime and Last Christmas and Do They Know It's Christmas exist and fuck those songs in particular.

Also it bums me out how much Baby It's Cold Outside has been ruined for me as I've grown up and realized that it's a fucking trash song for creepos.

I think that this criticism of Baby It's Cold Outside is wildly overstated, personally

Sometimes someone mixes you a drink and you want to know what's in it afterwards

That's a normal reaction when you're drinkin' with someone

• Options
    Nah
    Moriveth wrote: »

seriously, it is hot trash

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Nah
    From personal experience, the only thing that rivals (or surpasses) Christmas music in how much mediocrity or garbage you have to sift through to find good stuff is Christian music

Or anime

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Nah
    #pipe wrote: »

just talking about it has gotten it stuck in my head even while I'm listening to other music

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Extremely
    Hell yeah, and the weirder the better. Like "Monster's Holiday," which is the Christmas version of Monster Mash.

Here it is! It's just Monster Mash except the monsters are planning to steal the toys from Santa's sleigh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSM5B5Z6Q0o

Monsters Holiday is good and important

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Nah
    I would like to qualify my answer that I very much dislike what is commonly presented as "Christmas music" but Christmas-themed music can be very good. Hell, even the overplayed traditional Christmas stuff can be good with the right arrangements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFlskIEZjzM&list=PLNSVPCihV-GosnNDbsjER-u68JCT_nzTe

(I love this album for so many reasons)

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Nah
    Monster Mash is garbage and I can't imagine that is any better

Edit: Unless you mean this version of Monster Mash, I guess
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSN1mcNFBHE

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Nah

just talking about it has gotten it stuck in my head even while I'm listening to other music

Like it's got a squealing whine droning through the whole song that is vaguely menacing. The keyboards sound like someone just plugged in a Casio keyboard and is fooling around with the patches. The lyrics are like... sad, but not intentionally? They're describing a sad situation while trying to put a good spin on it? Like a veneer of cheerful paint over some life sucks level shit

• Options
    Extremely

it's...not really, though, like...sure, if you focus on "say, what's in this drink," but like...all the "objections" in the song aren't really about her not wanting to, they're about how she's going to catch hell from a bunch of assholes if she stays, and he's essentially giving her a bunch of excuses to hand out like "the weather's shitty and I don't want to die"

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Yeah
    Favourite Traditional Hymn

https://youtu.be/q5n6X9sUznI

Classic Christmas Song

https://youtu.be/j9jbdgZidu8

Modern Christmas Song

https://youtu.be/VQhuoY5h2kE

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Yeah
    I would have voted no but Trans-Siberian Orchestra is a thing, so

They save it

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Yeah
    christmas music is Good, but only from december 1 to december 25

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Nah
    christmas music is Good, but only from december 1 to december 25

I'd extend it for the entire Christmas season as the time I'm cool with it

I'm also not really happy about it yet though, and would be perfectly happy if it held off another couple of weeks

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Nah
    Sixteen years of restaurant work has made me despise any and all forms of Holiday Cheer. There was a lovely young bartender who was positively jubilant at the prospect of getting paid on her day off to decorate the Christmas tree at my current kitchen and it made my black heart squeeze once in exhausted denial:

"Daisy, your enthusiasm is almost infectious .....

It won't work."

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Like it's got a squealing whine droning through the whole song that is vaguely menacing. The keyboards sound like someone just plugged in a Casio keyboard and is fooling around with the patches. The lyrics are like... sad, but not intentionally? They're describing a sad situation while trying to put a good spin on it? Like a veneer of cheerful paint over some life sucks level shit

Yeah, I think if you slowed it down a bit it'd work really well as a christmas-themed horror movie

imagine the trailer for it

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Yeah
    Speaking of Baby It's Cold Outside. I do like this version a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWw4BB9bRP8

If you can't tell, Sharon Van Etten is one of my absolute favorites.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

it's...not really, though, like...sure, if you focus on "say, what's in this drink," but like...all the "objections" in the song aren't really about her not wanting to, they're about how she's going to catch hell from a bunch of assholes if she stays, and he's essentially giving her a bunch of excuses to hand out like "the weather's shitty and I don't want to die"

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer is the secret sequel to that song.

It's also easily the third-most baffling idea for an animated Christmas special I've ever seen.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Yeah
    [phone posted this draft early]

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Nah

Yeah, I think if you slowed it down a bit it'd work really well as a christmas-themed horror movie

oh man just play it over the Krampus trailer

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Extremely
    christmas music is extremely my shit

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Extremely
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq10bz3PxyY

this is my favorite christmas song...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Yeah

Aw fuck yeah. It's nearly time to rewatch Krampus.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Nah

Christmas themed horror movies came up with their own ridiculously creepy bad Christmas song to use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0JJ-sstqc

• Options
    Nah
    Gustav wrote: »

Aw fuck yeah. It's nearly time to rewatch Krampus.

There's so many Christmas horror movies

And like, many of them are very bad

But the grand wealth of them all is delightful

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah
    My favorite Christmas song is Please Come Home For Christmas by The Eagles.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Nah
    Until someone makes a decent Christmas song that I can dance to in a club, then nah