As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Christmas music is Good

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah
    fyi this is the best christmas song

https://youtu.be/MadGwgiRgAM

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person who noticed when they changed the VA for Santa in this to Jim Cummings.

https://youtu.be/8QUSeI-fKa0

Sounds like Barney changed slightly too.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Yeah
    I think my favorite Christmas song is The 12 Days of Christmas just because there are so many fun variations.

HOWEVER

I get irrationally upset when a song uses the traditional days but fucks up the order. There are just a few versions out there I've heard that mix up 9-12 and it irks me.

The correct order is:
    12 drummers drumming
    11 pipers piping
    10 lords a-leaping
    9 ladies dancing
    8 maids a-milking
    7 swans a-swimming
    6 geese a-laying
    5 gooooooldddd riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings
    4 calling birds
    3 french hens
    2 turtle doves
    and a partridge in a pear tree

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Extremely
    I am glad that we came to a consensus: Christmas music is Good.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Extremely
    i bounce off of religious christmas music pretty hard

some of it is very pretty, but by and large, i can't think of a religious christmas song that sticks with me half as much as I Wish It Was Christmas Today or Darlene Love's cover of Marshmallow World

but that's largely because i've never been a religious person, but i have been a person who gets sad during the winter

so songs about being super happy and cheerful and being kind to people speak to me on a personal level much more than any religious story does

• Options
    Yeah
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    i bounce off of religious christmas music pretty hard

some of it is very pretty, but by and large, i can't think of a religious christmas song that sticks with me half as much as I Wish It Was Christmas Today or Darlene Love's cover of Marshmallow World

but that's largely because i've never been a religious person, but i have been a person who gets sad during the winter

so songs about being super happy and cheerful and being kind to people speak to me on a personal level much more than any religious story does

As a recovered Catholic, I also feel odd about the religious songs. I mean, I don't mind them playing, since religious aspects definitely are part of the history of the holiday. Trying to remove them completely would be historically dishonest. But I would feel weird singing along with "oh come let us adore him, Christ the lord," so I don't.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Nah
    These poll results say OTHERWISE

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Nah
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Not after you skew for Electoral College results.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Yeah

We're doing it electoral college style.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Extremely
    @The Geek @The Hanged Man I believe a duel is appropriate in these circumstances. Or perhaps a cracking of the knuckles.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Nah

We're in Trump's America now

Enjoy your Christmas music

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Nah
    It is Christmas time at work

and because they want me to go truly mad

we don't just have Christmas music

we have fucking drum and bass EDM remixes of Christmas music

RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED- BROOOOOOW BOW BOW BOW BOW THUMPA THUMPA THUMPA BROOOOW

Blank I would like you to know that I am laughing at your suffering

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Nah
    Thread update: Christmas music still blows.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Yeah
    i can't decide whether this cover of wonderful christmastime is better than the original by virtue of simply being less aurally corrosive,
    or worse because in what world would someone think covering 'wonderful christmastime' would be an okay and acceptable thing to do

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Nah
    The easy listening radio station has turned into the Christmas music station. I'm a bit sad, as it was the third best music station near my work. And now when the other two have commercials, I don't have this one to turn to.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Yeah
    The Geek wrote: »
    I think my favorite Christmas song is The 12 Days of Christmas just because there are so many fun variations.

HOWEVER

I get irrationally upset when a song uses the traditional days but fucks up the order. There are just a few versions out there I've heard that mix up 9-12 and it irks me.

The correct order is:
    12 drummers drumming
    11 pipers piping
    10 lords a-leaping
    9 ladies dancing
    8 maids a-milking
    7 swans a-swimming
    6 geese a-laying
    4 calling birds
    3 french hens
    2 turtle doves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxnX5_LbBDU

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Extremely
    Christmas music is good and fine but why is Last Christmas so popular? It's bad.

Last Christmas I confessed my love to you and you dumped me but THIS YEAR I'm going to confess my love to an actually good person, fuck you.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Yeah
    Christmas eve is the only church service I go to and it's specifically for the music.

And also because it makes my grandma happy.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Nah
    Taya wrote: »
    Christmas music is good and fine but why is Last Christmas so popular? It's bad.

Last Christmas I confessed my love to you and you dumped me but THIS YEAR I'm going to confess my love to an actually good person, fuck you.

Christmas is always a family get-together for me so there's a bit of an incest vibe to it as well.

broken image link
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Nah

Christmas is always a family get-together for me so there's a bit of an incest vibe to it as well.

What do you want for Christmas?

Your ridiculously hot distant cousin sitting on your face?

Uh okay, jut don't mention that to Gran, yeah?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Is this where someone posts that "What Folgers was implying" Christmas commercial?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Nah

That song always made me especially grumpy, because Christmas doesn't seem to have anything to do with the actual subject. It's just a pretty ordinary pop song on its own merits, kind of dull, not doing anything exciting with lyrics or music... but they knew that by mentioning Christmas they could guarantee it two months of play a year. And then people keep covering it, so that there are always multiple versions in Holiday Music Hell radio rotation.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Yeah
    The words were by an English guy
    The music, Scandinavian
    Wenceslas was five-foot-six
    He kept his face unshaven
    Though just a duke throughout his life
    He always ruled so justly
    His kingly title was conferred
    Upon him posthumously

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Nah
    The Geek wrote: »

HOWEVER

The correct order is:
    12 drummers drumming
    11 pipers piping
    10 lords a-leaping
    9 ladies dancing
    8 maids a-milking
    7 swans a-swimming
    6 geese a-laying
    4 calling birds
    3 french hens
    2 turtle doves

We had a holiday party last week and we were UP IN ARMS over trivia getting this wrong

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Yeah
    Christmas Music, like anything, has it's great and crappy. On the whole, it's not too bad. Especially because I feel like most of it at least tries to foster the spirit of the season, which is to not be dicks to each other so we can survive the winter and maybe figure out how do that the rest of year too.

Also, no one's posted the 2nd best Muppet Christmas Carol song yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW0X7VNARNg&index=5&list=PLrjy4sg28F_SKCX85qZicz2Cp4umIy-Ye

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah
    I fucking love Dee Snyder.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Nah
    I have to admit I didn't hate the song in the new Mickey Christmas episode
    https://youtu.be/7zbxVtWuC8A

starts at around 9:10

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • Options
    Yeah
    How the hell did I forget this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQkF7fpw-wI

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Nah
    What if the Stanley Parable had a Christmas DLC?
    https://youtu.be/JoJiLOafuvk

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Nah
    I should revisit the stanley parable. then again my achievement progress..

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Yeah
    Christmas music is fine when my fiancee and I are yelling "ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOUUUUUUU" in stupid voices in the car, but that's about it.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Nah
    Replace all Christmas music with Transiberian Orchestra's "Carol of the Bells."

• Options
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I never worked in retail before, but this is my first christmas in the store and I played christmas occasionally, and then I was exasperated with it and stopped.
    Then people would ask why I didn't have christmas music on, so I put it back to christmas stations.
    Christmas music is not good.

Psykoma on