As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dauntless] ver 1.0 live. Out on consoles now.. Switch version in the works.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    akjak wrote: »
    I’m starting to think we should just start a new guild. I’m on a lot, and I’ve never seen anyone else in the guild online. (And I cannot invite)

I'm on Euro times and I'll hand it over as soon as @Darkewolfe gives me a username.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I’m starting to think we should just start a new guild. I’m on a lot, and I’ve never seen anyone else in the guild online. (And I cannot invite)

I'm on Euro times and I'll hand it over as soon as Darkewolfe gives me a username.

Digital-Fenrir or Darkewolfe or Lonenut. I'm not even sure which name you'll see considering it's three accounts.

What is this I don't even.
    Feral wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i played some war pike and it reminded me of a not as fun insect glaive but mh weapons are all basically perfect so that's hard to match.

i enjoyed it, but i wish the repeating stab attack was easier to trigger. i keep holding the button down but it cancels after 2 stabs almost every time, v confuse. sure i'm doing something wrong but idk.

axe also seems fun but the numbers don't really seem worth it vs the hammer.

Axes have significantly higher raw DPS.

I switched to axe and I really dig it, but I have been less able to play conservatively. I'm throwing up the deeps but dying way more often.

Feral
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    McMoogle wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Easy to jump into this with randos to get the feel for it?

Yeah, the default is actually multiplayer hunts, which is mostly a benefit.

At a minimum there are people to revive you and other people for the monster to get angry at.

If people ever let them, im rockin' a +10 medic specifically because people like you can't dodge roll!!!!

Not you you, the royal you.

FYI (for anyone), all bonuses cap out at +6. Any higher and you’ve wasted perk slots.

You do not need to manually pick up any breakparts/monster drops. You will get them all whether you run over them or not.

I'm pretty sure it's actually +9

It's +6, I was just testing this yesterday with friends.

If you hover over the perk (somewhere), it'll show you all the levels of the perk and what benefit it gives. I think maybe some perks have lower caps?

Go to load out while in town, then scroll to the right to the box of all your skills and it shows how many points you have and what the later levels do.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i played some war pike and it reminded me of a not as fun insect glaive but mh weapons are all basically perfect so that's hard to match.

i enjoyed it, but i wish the repeating stab attack was easier to trigger. i keep holding the button down but it cancels after 2 stabs almost every time, v confuse. sure i'm doing something wrong but idk.

axe also seems fun but the numbers don't really seem worth it vs the hammer.

Axes have significantly higher raw DPS.

I switched to axe and I really dig it, but I have been less able to play conservatively. I'm throwing up the deeps but dying way more often.

Roll in heavy attack, heavy attack, roll out is my go to. If you hit attack during your roll you'll start with the poke hit of the combo so you spend less time animation locked. If I'm feeling safe the next two heavy attack hits in the combo are a jumping over the shoulder thing and each one is pretty quick to get out. Be warned that this can use a bunch of stamina though.

Feral
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Mvrck wrote: »

At a minimum there are people to revive you and other people for the monster to get angry at.

If people ever let them, im rockin' a +10 medic specifically because people like you can't dodge roll!!!!

FYI (for anyone), all bonuses cap out at +6. Any higher and you’ve wasted perk slots.

You do not need to manually pick up any breakparts/monster drops. You will get them all whether you run over them or not.

I'm pretty sure it's actually +9

It's +6, I was just testing this yesterday with friends.

If you hover over the perk (somewhere), it'll show you all the levels of the perk and what benefit it gives. I think maybe some perks have lower caps?

You can plug in any number of cells, and they can take you to 7+, but there's no point since yeah, all bonuses cap at +6. If you see a bonus at 7 or higher, you might want to try shuffling around your cells.

H9f4bVe.png
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

Oh thanks for the heads up on the +6. I checked some sites and it looks like you're right. I must've been going off my old 0.4v memory.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I must have misread the loadout builder then, cause I swore it was listing new benefits to +9. That certainly makes things easier, and makes grabbing more perks more viable.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    So I've been enjoying this, and thus wanted to swing them some dollarydoos. However the battle pass stuff was...pretty uninspired to me? I don't really care for the weapon/armor skins on offer, and really don't care about the flares at all. So what's the best bang for my buck to support the devs? It's nice that there isn't any real pay to win option, but at the same time it makes me worry about how sustainable this game will be for them.

I really wish you could still buy the Thor entrance effect. I feel like entrance effects are my favorite.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    So I've been enjoying this, and thus wanted to swing them some dollarydoos. However the battle pass stuff was...pretty uninspired to me? I don't really care for the weapon/armor skins on offer, and really don't care about the flares at all. So what's the best bang for my buck to support the devs? It's nice that there isn't any real pay to win option, but at the same time it makes me worry about how sustainable this game will be for them.

Buy the $5 pack, it comes with plat and some consumables. The plat is enough to unlock the elite pass, or you can save it for other stuff (like unlocking a slot at the Middleman)

Also the hunt pass includes getting cores (gear enhancements), ace chips (speed up the crafting guy). I’ve found it useful even if (like you) I’m not that into this season’s cosmetics.

Elite pass ALSO gives you more loot from every hunt.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    GrundlestiltskinCarpyBlackDragon480
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

Buy the $5 pack, it comes with plat and some consumables. The plat is enough to unlock the elite pass, or you can save it for other stuff (like unlocking a slot at the Middleman)

Also the hunt pass includes getting cores (gear enhancements), ace chips (speed up the crafting guy). I’ve found it useful even if (like you) I’m not that into this season’s cosmetics.

Ohhh i hadn't even considered the more loot from the elite pass, yeah that's probably the way to go for me.

Ohhh i hadn't even considered the more loot from the elite pass, yeah that's probably the way to go for me.

It also increases your mastery experience gain.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    BTW, I'm also a guild officer (thanks, Echo!) so I think that means I can send out invites too. I probably won't be on tonight but I'll have some time tomorrow evening.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Arch
    I really wish you could still buy the Thor entrance effect. I feel like entrance effects are my favorite.

I've been enjoying whenever one of my teammates has the bellyflop entrance since it's bugged and the model never actually touches the ground.

Brody
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Hmmm so my new game is trying to build off of sets whose aesthetics I like*

Right now looking at the Chest, Arms, and Legs from Kharabak for obvious reasons.

At max level this gives me +6 Conditioning and +3 Bladestorm with an open Technique, Mobility, and Damage cell slot, not counting whatever I use for the helmet, since I usually hide it anyway.

Wondering what weapons have high stamina usage and can benefit from more Part damage....Chain Blades? Repeaters?

*Yes, I know I can transmog things, but I'm broke

i read this before realizing this was an arch post

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    BrodyArch
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Can you even reliably hit Embermane with a heavy weapon if he isn't on the ground? He just moves too goddamn fast unless I had all of his patterns 100% memorized. The only times he seemed vulnerable to me actually landing hammer hits were either right after/during a flame attack (assuming you were in position) or after he'd been booped. Related, being the only person in a 4 man to ever boop him is super frustrating.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    edited June 2019
    Embermane needs to be booped to be open for attacks.

Brody on

Feral
    You can, sure. After each short dash he normally pauses long enough to get a hit in. Then if you're close in during his horn rooting attacks you can get a real nice attack, roll, attack, roll pattern going. On Axe if I'm not getting boops then abusing the roll into the poke is pretty key.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    It’s nice that the monster designs force you to change your weapons up to suit each encounter. I feel like Monster Hunter worked to make each weapon viable, if not optimal, for each fight, and while you certainly CAN bring an axe to fight a shrike, I found I immediately started contributing much more once I swapped to a quicker and more mobile weapon. I don’t think I’ll be falling into a rut and just using a single weapon time constantly.

Yes once you get a feel for the different monsters some you can just use anything but a lot really favor different weapons. Some having more ranged is better some like the rock turtle thing its better to bust out a hammer and start breaking blocks.

Also helps if people learn that they need to stick to an "I" formation for enemy charge attacks.

steam_sig.png
    CarpyakjakGolden Yak
    Arch wrote: »
    Hmmm so my new game is trying to build off of sets whose aesthetics I like*

Right now looking at the Chest, Arms, and Legs from Kharabak for obvious reasons.

At max level this gives me +6 Conditioning and +3 Bladestorm with an open Technique, Mobility, and Damage cell slot, not counting whatever I use for the helmet, since I usually hide it anyway.

Wondering what weapons have high stamina usage and can benefit from more Part damage....Chain Blades? Repeaters?

*Yes, I know I can transmog things, but I'm broke

Chain blades gobble up stamina like candy if you are using the longer range attacks.

Yup I just did this it really helps new players starting out as everything you are doing gives some more stuff for a pretty minor price tag as well as a bunch of transmog stuff and cores and other stuff.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Anyone wanna group up in about an hour (2pm PST)? I want to take down some of the dire monsters for quests. Notably Scorchstone Hellion, which has been really hard for rando groups cuz I think the fight is a lagfest for console guys.

I'd be fine also doing some lower level stuff if people need to farm.

Final edit: I'm in the guild, but you can friend me at akThera.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So about to give this a try with my partner.

Anything we should know to start out with?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Mortious wrote: »
    So about to give this a try with my partner.

Anything we should know to start out with?

Feel free to try all the weapons and don't worry about not knowing what you're doing.
    Don't self-rez unless the rest of the group is being jerks or you're at 100% danger.
    Always try to collect a few gatherables per run but don't feel like you need to grab every single thing.
    Get used to dodge rolling.

steam_sig.png
    CarpyFeral
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Flare when you find the monster!!!!

50433.png?1684353703
    CarpyEvil MultifariousDarkewolfeGolden YakBrodyCorporal CarlMvrckDjiemOlivaw
    Flare again if people are late!!!

Evil MultifariousBanzai5150DarkewolfeGolden YakBrodyCorporal CarlDjiemOlivaw
    Carpy wrote: »

Seriously, sometimes I'm trying to find you, but I got turned around and don't know where anything is now.

Carpy
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »

Just.... Just flare if there's ever less than four at the fight.

BrodyPolaritieCarpyDarkewolfeCorporal CarlDjiemFeralOlivaw
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Don’t flare for funsies after leaving the starting point!

50433.png?1684353703
    CarpyCorporal CarlEtiowsaFeral
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Okay, so I will have something called a "flare". Good start.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Maguano

On PC, if you hold down C a wheel will pop up over most of your screen, you point with your mouse, and then releasing C selects whatever you were pointed at. Up is flares, and everything else is emotes iirc.

It's one of the standard emotes. You launch a flare into the sky that explodes a little in front of you and puts a marker on your teams compass. The community uses it to mark behemoth locations. Sometimes you get split up and someone will launch a flare but you're not close enough to get to the monster before the flare expires. It's awesome when your team just constantly flares until the whole group is at the fight.

By default it's hotkeyed so you just have to tap the emote button, on Xbox it's left trigger. Not sure about the other platforms.

• DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    If any guild officer is on, I'd like in the guild. Name's Djiem. Thanks!

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I was just building up Chainblade mastery so they'd be better when I fight shock baddies, but damn, the Riftstrike special does a buttload of damage, at least in one hit compared to what Chainblades usually do. And they hit so fast it's easy to build up the meter. That's gonna make a difference. Hopefully. Shock guys are still annoying bitches.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Invites sent to DarkeWolfe and Djiem.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

@feral if you are still on, send one to Korvalain please.

feral if you are still on, send one to Korvalain please.

Gotchu

Brody
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I'd like an invite too!! "The Realstupid" with a single space after the word "the", but no space between "real" and "stupid".

26904.png