As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dauntless] ver 1.0 live. Out on consoles now.. Switch version in the works.

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Throw an invite at Grislo too, please.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    If we're doing the Guild invite thing, toss one to ObsoletePaper please. If I need to be online for it, just lemme know a time.

50433.png?1684353703
  • VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Same with the guild here - Epic ID is Darterrius. Is there a spreadsheet that may make this easier?

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    My Epic ID is Olivaw and since I bought the elite hunt pass I guess I’d like an invite to the guild too, if possible

I sort of have my doubts about the longevity but I really got into the groove of the grind, so there’s something here

And it’s cheaper than buying a PC copy of Monster Hunter World, so

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    Started playing this last week and been having fun so far.
    Epic ID is "Baske T"

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I don't think we have to be online at the same time for guild invites to work now that they've integrated with Epic's social infrastructure.

I'll send out more invites tonight, most likely after 7pm Pacific.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I don't think we have to be online at the same time for guild invites to work now that they've integrated with Epic's social infrastructure.

This is accurate.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Have they introduced incentives to being in a guild yet? Like bonuses to drops or xp or something for completing X number of hunts as a guild or with a guildmate.

steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I would like a guild invite too please! I should be SniperGuy

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Have they introduced incentives to being in a guild yet? Like bonuses to drops or xp or something for completing X number of hunts as a guild or with a guildmate.

Not that I'm aware of. I just want a guild to make playing with not-rando's easier.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I, Golden Yak, would also like to be a part of the PA guild.

H9f4bVe.png
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Do you have to be linked to an epic account to join?

Carpy wrote: »
    Do you have to be linked to an epic account to join?

No, but I don't know if offline invites work without it.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Had a few bad hunts yesterday, hitting the wall of a new tier. So thought I’d take a break for a day (also to let cells fuse), excited to play with PA frands tho!

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    So the Embermane is the whatchamacallit, the Tigrex of this game, right.

aka a real asshole.

So far this game seems pretty fun, tho playing it on an old 1280x1024 monitor means I can only socket a few random cells from an invisible list. It does feel like MH was a bit more solid with slightly more interesting weapon mechanics; everything here feels very light and floaty and sometimes a bit sloppy.

The price point does mean I'm playing it instead of MHW tho so I can't complain too much.

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Sometimes you can get unlucky, like having to fight a Riftstalker, during the matchmaking you see 2 people drop out, and then when you’re in the fight the other is AFK.

I mean, if you join a queue, play that queue! If you have to go to the bathroom, don’t join. :bigfrown:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
    StupidMcMoogleFeralBrodyBlackDragon480Darkewolfe
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Sometimes you can get unlucky, like having to fight a Riftstalker, during the matchmaking you see 2 people drop out, and then when you’re in the fight the other is AFK.

I mean, if you join a queue, play that queue! If you have to go to the bathroom, don’t join. :bigfrown:

yeah i've had to report a few number of people for that. One time it was great because the Charrog just started attacking the AFK guy at the starting zone.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    So about to give this a try with my partner.

Anything we should know to start out with?

You may be bad at first. Dodge a lot, the rol
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    So the Embermane is the whatchamacallit, the Tigrex of this game, right.

aka a real asshole.

So far this game seems pretty fun, tho playing it on an old 1280x1024 monitor means I can only socket a few random cells from an invisible list. It does feel like MH was a bit more solid with slightly more interesting weapon mechanics; everything here feels very light and floaty and sometimes a bit sloppy.

The price point does mean I'm playing it instead of MHW tho so I can't complain too much.

Once you learn to boop embermane consistently, it becomes a cakewalk, but till then or with random who draw the charges but don't boop him, yeah he is annoying. But you can get that fight to where a lot of it is the poor thing laying on it's side getting wailed on.

KalTorakFeral
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Getting the hang of boops really flips a lot of the fights from hard to easy (looking at you, Shrike).

I almost feel bad for it, but then I remember that combo-slamming a downed behemoth with the hammer is very very satisfying, even for the 500th time.

FeralCarpyBlackDragon480BrodyCorporal Carl
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Something that's annoying, or at least it might just be my console, but I literally can't see the visual indicator for boops on a few behemoths.

I wouldn't know when I could boop 'em without internet guides.

Also I play Repeaters with Captain's grip so I tend to not boop unless I'm playing War Pike

The boop is so hard on War Pike if you're not running concussive salvo

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    There's no penalty for failure, so there is nothing wrong with doing a solo hunt you can't win (say, Embermane) and just memorizing enemy tells and practicing your boops.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

QuantumTurkPolaritieBlackDragon480
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Arch wrote: »
    Something that's annoying, or at least it might just be my console, but I literally can't see the visual indicator for boops on a few behemoths.

I wouldn't know when I could boop 'em without internet guides.

Also I play Repeaters with Captain's grip so I tend to not boop unless I'm playing War Pike

The boop is so hard on War Pike if you're not running concussive salvo

Yeah, it's not worth trying to boop with the pike without the bullet. With it though, it's one of the best if you can see it coming since it has tremendous range.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    I realize why they can't, because the internet is the internet and people would get shitty about "the meta" real quick, but lord do I not like being dropped into a game with me on sword and 3 dudes on repeaters. I'll normally play hammer for stagger or chainblades for wounding, if I'm swording it's because I want parts and being greedy, but would really really still like someone wounding or staggering. I'd happily q for roles but again, people make that effectively a terrible option vs just random assignments.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    How do I end up in a matchmade patrol by myself? Only one other person ever joined the lobby, and then dropped out (presumably they didn't want to fight Stormclaw). Side note - Stormclaw sucks to fight by yorself. Have fun trying to knock down 4 of his pillars every time he drops them when you're his only target to go after. Also they never despawn apparently? What the shit is that?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    How do I end up in a matchmade patrol by myself? Only one other person ever joined the lobby, and then dropped out (presumably they didn't want to fight Stormclaw). Side note - Stormclaw sucks to fight by yorself. Have fun trying to knock down 4 of his pillars every time he drops them when you're his only target to go after. Also they never despawn apparently? What the shit is that?

Fun fact - pillars not connected to another instantly break, so you only have to hit the middle ones.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    If you’re not the one who’s going to boop the embermane, get behind the guy who is (hammer user, usually). It charges a person, so if everyone is in a nice line behind the booper it will be 1000% ez fight.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    CarpyGolden YakBrody
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

I would love an invite. I think my name is Broodax- (that is a hyphen)

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    Khabarak claws... the armor should not need 6 of such an infuriating break part. It's so hard to connect with it, and it doesn't count if it has the extra wing blade things on them (you'll break those instead).

McMoogleCorporal Carl
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    If you’re not the one who’s going to boop the embermane, get behind the guy who is (hammer user, usually). It charges a person, so if everyone is in a nice line behind the booper it will be 1000% ez fight.
    Aw man, I'm not sure if it's stress, lack of sleep, too much sobriety, or what... I managed to actually miss no fewer than five boops against Embermane as a hammer user. We still won the fight, but that felt bad.

26904.png
    All invites sent.

@Banzai5150

The guild invite to ObsoletePaper failed. Different Epic name, maybe?

Stupid
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Can I get an invite? Name should be DKamar.

Kamar wrote: »
    Can I get an invite? Name should be DKamar.

Gotcha.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Forgot about this being cross play, I'll take an invite. Epic name should be: BD480

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    the game pushing you toward patrols because of the bonus while also giving you fights that make you total dead weight because you get 2 hit by the monster feels like truly bad design.

basically just quit a match after getting down instantly every time the monster breathed on me. just not fun.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    What fight was giving you problems?

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    i could also use an invite please epic=taliosfalcon @Feral

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    edited June 2019
    Knight_ wrote: »
    the game pushing you toward patrols because of the bonus while also giving you fights that make you total dead weight because you get 2 hit by the monster feels like truly bad design.

basically just quit a match after getting down instantly every time the monster breathed on me. just not fun.

I'd be curious what you're fighting and what you're wearing. Only monsters you've unlocked are available in patrols, and generally speaking if you had appropriate gear to beat the previous "tier" of monster without major issues you should only be a little underpowered compared to the monsters you just unlocked. Certainly nothing like a two shot, unless you switched to much lower level gear.

I just fought a deadeye quillshot (recommended 400/400) at 300/340 and it was plenty doable as long as I was a little cautious.

Edit: Even if you can't get your target gearset to level appropriate because you can't fight the dire equivalent yet, you should be able to fight something else with a lower threat level. Valomyr is pretty easy to get +7 gear from as a starting point.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    God, some fights in this game are just kinda shit, aren't they

The Drask in particular

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    I think the fights just vary how much they fit your preferred style, I didn't find drask to be too bad.
    I almost wish chainblades could get a higher speed of dropping common parts or something, like "yeah you cut it off, but...well it's basically hamburger now, you idiot"

It is surprisingly hard to cut off Kharabak’s claws, even when I’m specifically trying to do it. Good thing you only need 6 of them to craft two pieces of armor :?