As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Ghost Recon Wildlands] : Way Too Many Buttstocks

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Ha! Learned something new: fly with your drone to a spot and look at a group of enemies, and you can call the mortar using the drone's view, which allows long distance mortaring :biggrin:

You can also fly the Drone into jammed areas and designate a Mortar Strike on the Jammer itself. (It can be a little hard to make out with the Jammer interference though.)

Sirialis on
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    What's everyone playing on? I was considering Xbone or PC version but want to go where I'm most likely to find some folks for co-op.

Bah got BOTP'ed.

Lemme know​ if any of you are looking for co-op. I'm guessing most of you are on PC?

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I'm a PS4er...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Ha! Learned something new: fly with your drone to a spot and look at a group of enemies, and you can call the mortar using the drone's view, which allows long distance mortaring :biggrin:

You can also fly the Drone into jammed areas and designate a Mortar Strike on the Jammer itself. (It can be a little hard to make out with the Jammer interference though.)
    Most of the time, when my drone is jammed, I pull it way back until it is unjammed, then apply my souble zoom on the drone, switch to thermal vision, and the jammers/generators/SAM site become this big red things easy to spot.

Then it's a question of sniping with the HTI, or dumping some mortars on it.

Or I might just use the rebel spotting skill.

After a while you simply have far more approaches, which I really like.

And I think I might find this the best open world game regarding to variety of landscape; plains, mountains, forests, rainforests, swamps, hill, canyons, snowy mountains, rainforests with torrential rain, the big lake, the dam, ...
    There's so much variety, and it renders very well on my (normal) PS4 :biggrin:

• YallYall Registered User regular
    I'm a PS4er...

Gotcha. I have a PS4 as well, but it's in my living room and not the man cave so it tends to get used less.

I may wait til a price drop and see if my IRL buds with Xbox's decide to grab it.

• canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    The future soldier and divison unit forms are free if you own the games FYI.

Which they were pieces and not a set, the FS stuff is cool but I just want the helmet and bandana

Game need moar....

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
    The further you go from the center of the country, the more fanatical Bowman seems to get...

I've completely disrupted the production, and I found El Sueno's idea of "Produce more coke" "But we can't, the resources dried up!" "Produce more or I kill you" quite idiotic...

But then you realise that you've basically broken Bolivia's economy, and the message "but what about the people?" comes more and more through...

And Bowman and El Wey:
    threatening to burn of his other side of his face? Not cool
    It's also nice to see
    that when you have to interrogate Baro's daughter the Ghosts are wondering about how hard the rules are being bent

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    What's everyone playing on? I was considering Xbone or PC version but want to go where I'm most likely to find some folks for co-op.

Bah got BOTP'ed.

Lemme know​ if any of you are looking for co-op. I'm guessing most of you are on PC?

Xbone here

edited April 2017
    Patch changes that I noticed (I havent looked them up)

You can pick which level of vehicle drops you want now.
    Boss missions are a crown instead of those arrow things on the map.
    MMseMYe.jpg
    Spawn points for vehicles are still retarded, often spawning on steep slopes or impossible locations like in the picture. (from earlier today)
    Your AI teammates will still happily destroy convoys (from 100%) because 1 guy is hiding behind it, right after I EMP'ed the entire convoy, took out the chopper and the 2 armoured cars by myself, thanks AI guys.

Sirialis on
    I've had a summoned helicopter drop right on top of me, killing me :lol:
    It doesn't have to always be on the mountain you are trying to climb, or into an enemy camp, or onto another helicopter :wink:

edited April 2017
    3 times in a row I have failed this "Dont get detected" mission in Koani.

I personally didnt get detected a single time, but my AI guys sure did, I even started telling them to stay in this empty room and dont move and they manage to fuck it up anyway. (One AI guy moved away even though I told them to "Hold") at this point I'd like an option to just tell the AI guys to fuck off.

EDIT: And they havent even fixed the "Cant use Drone or Binoculars" bug... That would have been my number 1 priority, since I've been hit with that like 150+ times at least and its annoying as fuck to suddenly lose your drone capabilities mid mission.

Sirialis on
    edited April 2017
    Getting further into the game, I'm at the point where I've crossed out all the lower tier bosses and underbosses, I've come to a not surprising revelation.

Bowman is a huge dick, also a hypocrite.

Edit: There are also actual likable characters between the lower level bosses, La Gringa and Ramon in particular.

Sirialis on
    Yeah, I'm not liking Bowman very much anymore...

I only have to kill El Sueno, and get the "kill 7 people with a mine" and the platinum will be mine!
    Although I've already spent more than an hour on that mine trophy and it's doing my head in, because the enemies don't move to close to me, or suddenly a group of rebels decide to "help" me by appearing out of nowhere, or Unidad says hi and kills me, or...

It IS a very enjoyable game; I've had fun throughout, and I still play it with a mate, because solo vs. 2-player co-op is a WHOLE different experience...

And I haven't seen any special gamebreaking bugs in my PS4 version (besides when your drone is jammed, sending rebel orders to spot might be confused a bit)...

edited April 2017
    That "Kill 7 people with a mine" annoyed me for so long, why put a shit achievement like that in this game? I got it 3 days ago though.

I'll show you a place where you can get that one on the first attempt, I think I tried getting it in Montyuc with 50 attempts on that Story mission everyone mentions for it.

Koani has a spot thats nearly perfect for it, its a lot easier than the Montyuc one thats for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4gNGe5n81Q

Sirialis on
    Yeah, I have the impression that flares actually work far better than diversion lures or noisemakers to get people together...

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it that way later!

• canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    Big update on the way

Adding in some sort of live event that has some rewards tied to it and some bug fixes.

New premium content as well, stuff all starts on the 18th

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wildlands/comments/64xdz0/grw_title_update_patch_30_patchnotes/

For anyone who wants to read stuff

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Still no adjustments to helicopter handling on PC. Boo. Or the lack of crosshairs.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
    Tried out a bit of the Narco Road DLC. It makes me feel a bit like Burnout, which is OK :biggrin:

Most Santa Blance vehicles have a nitro boost, you have stuff like Big Jumps to make, Drift around corners, do some Trials on a bike. I did a Lost Car side mission where you get a picture and 10 minutes to find a car wreck in the landscape.

You actually make a separate character which is a carbon copy of your regular character's skills, except that some skills have been reset (like vehicle destruction, aircraft shields, grenade launchers, and, suddenly most painfully for me, Mark Area ofthe drone).

But now you are undercover with Santa Blanca, so they are your friends! All Rebel Skills have become Santa Blance skills, where you can for example summon a bike/monster truck/helicopter.

There's a new opposing cartel, and your weapons are far more limited in the beginning.

I haven't done the airplane hoop flying, or animal smuggling or other of the side events.

First impressions are quite positive; you have a large play area, more like 4 "influence spheres" which can span multiple provinces, but you are not driving around in the mountainous areas or the swamps. I haven't seen any anti-aircraft guns as of yet, but I'm still near the first boss area.

Oh yeah, because you're undercover, you DON'T have your usual 3 AI buddies with you, which makes all these areas (rated 4 skulls or more) quite difficult, when you have to wipe out an Unidad base all on your own to get a juicy new weapon or skill point. So that's important for people who play solo.

And you only notice the skills you use a lot when you are missing them; you start off with no thermal vision, which means sniping Unidad guys in the dark with their very bright lights quite hard.

I had to retrieve a cursed motorbike which basically was Ghost Rider's bike (the rear wheel was on fire, AND you had nitro on the bike).

You also have a trophy for running over 50 people with a gang's vehicle, so you can go Carmageddon on them :biggrin:

The only disadvantage is that the camera is too floaty and you often lose sight of your front. The camera should not flip 180 degrees when you back up an inch :mad:

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    So, one of the most infuriating types of missions must be the amphetamine truck. Behold the monstrosity:
    - it's a timed race
    - your vehicle is very flimsy and can only take a few hits, so don't try to hit rocks/any other cars/things
    - you will probably be chased by Unidad
    Not that bad, right?
    Oops, I forgot:
    - every 15 seconds your passenger/cook will yank randomly on your steering wheel (or if your lucky, play with your headlights)

Try doing that on Inca Camina's Death Road :eh:

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I'm kinda struck by something and LevelCap really opened my eyes to this.

Why didn't ubisoft introduce a BattleRoyale component to this game? Cue scanners.gif.

I mean, this is a stupid huge map with an ungodly amount of terrain variability and different weapons. It'd be perfect, even just setting up initial play areas to only start and use 3-4 provinces.
    You could take a cluster of three like itacua, oroco, and la cruz, or have linear set ups like Montoyoc, barchevos and san mateo. Lots of variability there...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    I just picked up this game and want to rebind the movement keys to ESDF. Specifically I'm trying to swap the binds for E and W, and likewise for A and F, and adjust the other movement keys appropriately.

Unfortunately this isn't working because the default bindings have multiple actions on E and F, but won't let me put multiple actions on W and A without overwriting the other bindings. Is there a way around this? I've looked online to see if anybody else has had this problem, or to see if I can find the keybind file, but no luck.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    So I just got this game (got it from a hard to pass up $150 1060gtx bundle sale (even if it was only the 3gb version)). Is anybody still playing this?

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Seems like the console people have stuck with it longer, but there's a few PC guys still playing. This game is an entirely different experience with real teammates, I suggest giving it a shot even if you have to join a public session. That said, being on voice chat is a big deal so a public group doesn't represent the best experience, but it's worth trying out.

I know exactly 1 guy who owns this on PS4, and the difficulty goes through the roof trying to 2-man. The lack of sync shot, reliable revives, and AI squad mates that are invisible for all intents and purposes are easily felt. But it's great fun.

Edit: I recently got the trophy for getting a long range kill, and I don't know what the requirement is but I was easily 600 meters away. I can't do that consistently enough to be a regular strategy, but there's almost no consequences to missing at that range. The unidad guys didn't even come close to finding me. Felt great.

Bubs on
    PSN: thewheelz
    Hi Bubs/thewheelz, I'm probably that 1 other guy :wink:

I usually play 2-man team with a real-life mate, and it is indeed a completely different game.

I finished it when I played on my own, and screw the final mission, it reminds me too much of the Halo 1 final mission (get from point A to B within a time limit while the whole world is shooting at you and you are driving a shitty vehicle); although I cheated a bit at that by summoning a helicopter right before I started the mission :lol:

I got every trophy except that :mad: :evil: :-1: trophy of blowing up 7 people with a mine.

Narco Road is acceptable entertainment EXCEPT for all the timed missions, or the ones where they give you a vehicle with wonky controls... It is also way way way harder when playing alone, because you don't have ANY AI teammates. Because it is sillier it might be more enjoyable with 2 or more players, but then again, my mate doesn't have the season pass... Although that expansion is more like 12 main missions and 150 sidequest missions.
    The characters there are all totally insane though... :razz:

I might be able to get the mine trophy in Narco Road though, there is a mission where 12 enemies are nicely placed together, ready to be driven over by your monster truck :lol:

• BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Hi Bubs/thewheelz, I'm probably that 1 other guy :wink:

I usually play 2-man team with a real-life mate, and it is indeed a completely different game.

I finished it when I played on my own, and screw the final mission, it reminds me too much of the Halo 1 final mission (get from point A to B within a time limit while the whole world is shooting at you and you are driving a shitty vehicle); although I cheated a bit at that by summoning a helicopter right before I started the mission :lol:

I got every trophy except that :mad: :evil: :-1: trophy of blowing up 7 people with a mine.

Narco Road is acceptable entertainment EXCEPT for all the timed missions, or the ones where they give you a vehicle with wonky controls... It is also way way way harder when playing alone, because you don't have ANY AI teammates. Because it is sillier it might be more enjoyable with 2 or more players, but then again, my mate doesn't have the season pass... Although that expansion is more like 12 main missions and 150 sidequest missions.
    The characters there are all totally insane though... :razz:

I might be able to get the mine trophy in Narco Road though, there is a mission where 12 enemies are nicely placed together, ready to be driven over by your monster truck :lol:

Actually now I'm up to two. My RL buddy was who I was referring to, I got him to pick this up a couple weekends ago when the weather was awful and we put in about ten hours over a weekend which was fantastic. Since then it's been fairly random, otherwise I'd try to coordinate a full group with you guys because I've been dying to try that out. If he and I decide to hop on for a decent chunk of time, I'll hit you up for sure. I have a few fond memories of crucible sessions you were definitely a part of, and he was too actually. He's mantiseataly on PSN.

It's a shame people in the public groups don't use headsets, because this game is pandemonium without them. Even if you get two other people who want to do missions with some degree of stealth, the 4th is guaranteed to be using a LMG/AR combo without silencers and with grenade launchers. Which is fine, but to me that gets old fast.

Anybody excited for the 4v4 supposedly coming soon?

PSN: thewheelz
    edited May 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndvIn86mao4
    In Fallen Ghosts, Ghost Recon Wildlands’ second DLC expansion, the Ghosts see their chopper crash in the middle of the jungle on their way to a rescue mission. Tracked down by an elite spec ops team that will put your combat skills to the test, your mission is simple: survive.

- Discover 15 new missions and track 4 bosses across different regions
    - Master 6 new weapons, including the silent and deadly crossbow
    - Acquire and master new skills
    - Face Los Extranjeros, a spec ops team that includes 4 different enemy classes

Dirtyboy on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    If anyone's still playing on Xbox One, shoot me an invite at JazzMX5. I'm playing the shit out of this SP after picking it up on the cheap a couple of weeks back, and every time I've tried with randoms has naturally been an exercise in frustration with one or two very, very rare exceptions. (Even had one dude seemingly insist on going in guns blazing with a helicopter repeatedly on a "don't get detected" mission.) But when I can actually take my time and use some stealth and thought, I'm loving it.

I don't have Narco Road, just a heads up (and after seeing reviews for it I won't be bothering).

Jazz on
    edited June 2017
    oh hey @LockingKey, remember that little gif clip of us in the beta. when we collided our helicopters and did a flip?
    apparently we got turned into a john cena meme.

the clip is around 3:40

I'll spoiler it because skimpy 3d anime chick on the youtube vid and people being all uncomfortable and pc nowadays...

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I picked this up during the steam sale and I'm loving it! I still haven't worked out how to disable alarms though, is that a thing I unlock later? And am I playing it 'wrong' if I'm primarily playing solo? It was a ton of fun playing with Corrigan however the times I play are kinda awkward as the wife's usually asleep and I can't talk.

Shoot the box on the loudspeaker towers.

I looked for a box but didn't see anything, is it at the base of the alarm tower?

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I looked for a box but didn't see anything, is it at the base of the alarm tower?

it'll be pretty high up on it. if you use your binoculars or drown and focus on the tower it should highlight the fuse box you need to shoot to disable the alarm.

also, look for a green LED light on the fuse box of the alarms. that's what you gotta shoot

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Thanks guys, appreciate it!

Just fly into the tower with helo, they totally won't notice.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »

it'll be pretty high up on it. if you use your binoculars or drown and focus on the tower it should highlight the fuse box you need to shoot to disable the alarm.

Unless you're too far away, because then it won't render because who would ever play sniper-style? 8->

Ok, that just made the game a whole lot less frustrating! Thanks guys! Also, this game gives me flashbacks to the Far Cry 2 stuff I used to do with taking out convoys and outposts from afar, using sniper rifles and mines. I'm having so much fun with it!