As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]zza

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I am always surprised how shiny and 3D iOS emoji are

I thought flat was the new hotness

snvdhl957gdy.png

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Hell whoever posted it probably didn't make the image in the first place.

i made it

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

snvdhl957gdy.png

that's like one of the three eps of doctor who i watched before i decided the show was not for me

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

snvdhl957gdy.png

Apple kind of missed the flat design trend and, in Apple fashion, doggedly insists they were always right.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

@spool32 Maybe? Not sure how your Rock Band collection is coming along recently :P

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I like rock band but like everyone I know is moving or has moved from LA so it feels pointless to buy

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    iOS emoji remind me of all those terrible early 2000 emoji that had way too much cruft.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    hoeologist

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Couscous wrote: »
    iOS emoji remind me of all those terrible early 2000 emoji that had way too much cruft.

1000 NEW SMILIES DOWLOAD NOW TOTALLY NOT A VIRUS

stock-vector-set-of-smilies-girls-with-different-makeup-items-277295831.jpg

Aioua on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    People's user names are 50% of my enjoyment of things being reposted

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

I feel like this gif ended right before the kangaroo disemboweled him.

I ate an engineer
  • Options

snvdhl957gdy.png

Apple kind of missed the flat design trend and, in Apple fashion, doggedly insists they were always right.
    I mean they've gone flat pretty much everywhere except emoji

it's just weird because in all other respects iOS is the best and most beautiful mobile operating system but then I look at the emoji and go hmm these could be better

• Options
    I want to see ruckin's qualifications for claiming to be a hoeologist

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    a thought on Ian M Banks:

if social non-ostracism is the only scarce good of value in a post-singularity world, why isn't it bought and sold more often?

there's a chilling passage in Look to Windward where a scarce positional material good temporarily leads to a massive spate of de facto prostitution as people try to sleaze their way into good graces, so it's clearly possible

if it so darned valuable, why isn't it produced more widely? number one mod from baseline should be to be able to personally know 150,000 people, not 150. especially with the ease of travel, communication, and long lifespans!

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    sir i have a bachelor's degree in hoe studies from UCLA with a minor in thot methodology

• Options
    that dread age when the dying gasps of MSN/Yahoo Messenger lead them to add animated emoticons in extra large size

with sound

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    It's been pouring outside all morning. The dogs finally gave up. I've been cleaning up poop and pee for the last hour. Buddy looked at me with a mixture of shame and apology as he lifted his leg and peed in the hallway.

Yup

• Options

snvdhl957gdy.png

it's just weird because in all other respects iOS is the best and most beautiful mobile operating system but then I look at the emoji and go hmm these could be better

Ah, yah, checking iOS I guess they did finally update their logos.

OSX didn't really switch until 10.10, in 2013

Sill, late to the party they were

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I went to the sushi place and got yakiniku and a 630ml singha idngaf

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    when our tencent overlords conquer the earth they'll force $1-per-use winks down our throats and we'll like it

sorry, I meant Like it

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Dogs can go out in rain though

Ludious

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    arrrrgh

i'm trying to find a webcomic i saw a few days ago, i can't remember if i saw it in here or somewhere else

a guy is in bed and a character called "life" is telling him that he gets to stop doing things when he's dead then the next panel is "life" holding the guy back from jumping into a grave

it's... funnier than it sounds in description

but i cannot find it

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    7N1WqTD.jpg

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Casual wrote: »
    arrrrgh

i'm trying to find a webcomic i saw a few days ago, i can't remember if i saw it in here or somewhere else

a guy is in bed and a character called "life" is telling him that he gets to stop doing things when he's dead then the next panel is "life" holding the guy back from jumping into a grave

but i cannot find it

This sounds Kris Straubian to me in concept.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    arrrrgh

but i cannot find it

This sounds Kris Straubian to me in concept.
    Sounds like Owlturd to me.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    arrrrgh

but i cannot find it

This sounds like an Owlturd comic

• Options
    volcano fuel can't melt steel rings

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    arrrrgh

but i cannot find it

This sounds like an Owlturd comic

yes! it was defiantly this guy

• Options

snvdhl957gdy.png

Ah, yah, checking iOS I guess they did finally update their logos.

OSX didn't really switch until 10.10, in 2013

Sill, late to the party they were
    I will admit they were behind Google and Microsoft on that one!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    a thought on Ian M Banks:

if social non-ostracism is the only scarce good of value in a post-singularity world, why isn't it bought and sold more often?

there's a chilling passage in Look to Windward where a scarce positional material good temporarily leads to a massive spate of de facto prostitution as people try to sleaze their way into good graces, so it's clearly possible

if it so darned valuable, why isn't it produced more widely? number one mod from baseline should be to be able to personally know 150,000 people, not 150. especially with the ease of travel, communication, and long lifespans!

Probably due to both A) Humans actually tend to only want to know a limited number of people. Banks is human. He writes from this mentality and B) This probably happens for some groups and not others due to the actual diversity of needs and wants.

And who knows, the minds might fuck with it as well to prevent stability issues.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    so owlturd sure is annoying to look at on not a phone

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Ludious

Said the man who has never owned a schnauzer ever

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    magic rings can't melt mithril beams

• Options
  • Options
    speaking of Apple if someone wanted to buy this $300 Apple design book for me I wouldn't, like, object

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avj7mYRxVjo

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Ludious wrote: »

Ludious

Wait so a dog will piss on your floor while looking you dead in the eye rather than go out in the rain.

And people say cats are assholes.

Aioua on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Oh @ronya another thought. A post scarcity/post singularity societies drivers would not like up with current ideas of scarcity and need thus the rush you describe would not actually be an innate social needed. Thus current theories on demand would not even be applicable.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »

Ludious

Who's in charge, Ludious

You

or the dog

You