As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pushups, Situps and plenty of [Chat]

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    man this cold or whatever is fucking up my neck

my neck is so sore

the doctor poked around at my back for a bit and he was like "yeah this (muscle group) is really tight, too tight, you have to get this to relax. Try [heat, stretching, yoga, arnica oil] and take an ibuprofen if it's very bad"

yes doctor I know I'm tense I'm VERY TENSE DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME OF YEAR IT IS AND I'M HAVING TO WORK MORE, NOT LESS, AND IT'S JUST KIND OF A LOT OKAY DON'TTELLMETOCALMDOWN

so, your cough isn't bronchitis?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    driving in snow and ice has never been stressful for me

the vast majority of it to and from our cabin. And while I'm inching my way through a whiteout, the thought in the back of my mind isn't "oh man what if you're late for work tomorrow" it's "shit what if we just have to turn back and I get to have a three day weekend unexpectedly"

or in stavanger on the first day the frost came and the rain froze, and nothing in the whole city moves, then you just accept your fate

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    @Organichu @y2jake215 everything about this picture but also that blazer/shirt combo

1*uMjG2MjGO4fA5Aaa_yhOCA.jpeg

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    so my first real game of Rimworld I was murdered by a pack of rabid squirrels

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    the people who call out aren't afraid to drive in the snow. their cars are literally incapable of it, because of the grade of their driveway, the amount of snow encasing their car, etc

Yeah, even a good set of chains only gets you so far

As we discovered when we had to dig the Mazda out of 6 inches last year in the Cascades

...dig?

Yeah we were driving with chains on, back from town. The snow had piled up in our rental house's driveway and we misjudged just how much snow there was. Drove into a small snowbank and lost traction.

dig out of 6 inches?

Yes?

Grabbed a snow shovel from the garage and shoveled a path in.

I honestly don't understand why

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    so my first real game of Rimworld I was murdered by a pack of rabid squirrels

RIP

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    @Organichu @y2jake215 everything about this picture but also that blazer/shirt combo

1*uMjG2MjGO4fA5Aaa_yhOCA.jpeg

that eastern european anthony michael hall

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 92.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 92 pages.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    the people who call out aren't afraid to drive in the snow. their cars are literally incapable of it, because of the grade of their driveway, the amount of snow encasing their car, etc

Yeah, even a good set of chains only gets you so far

As we discovered when we had to dig the Mazda out of 6 inches last year in the Cascades

...dig?

Yeah we were driving with chains on, back from town. The snow had piled up in our rental house's driveway and we misjudged just how much snow there was. Drove into a small snowbank and lost traction.

dig out of 6 inches?

Yes?

Grabbed a snow shovel from the garage and shoveled a path in.

I honestly don't understand why

If your wheels are in a wheel shaped indentation in the snow it is harder to get traction than if they are in a big flat indentation in the snow

sig.gif
  • Options
    I did manage to once have to dig the car down, instead of out

four wheel drive doesn't help when you've managed to have all four wheels freely spin uselessly in the air

the lesson I should have learned was to reverse off the road with less confidence when there is snow covering everything

I did not learn that lesson

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Jake are you sure you want to accept negative karma in your life at this time

sig.gif
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i just tried to move 700 gb of data from one of my local hard drives to another

my computer punched me in the throat and then dragged a razor blade from my throat to my navel, leaving behind a salt trail

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Querry got me the piano music to Prince of Egypt for my birthday, and I came home to a sticky note on my monitor saying "When the gods send you a blessing, you don't ask why it was seeeeent"

@Blameless Cleric halp she is adorable

(Also the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack, which is fkin rad. God I love music.)

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 92 pages.

Robot Santa, bringing balance to the force.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Oh no

I started reading Kill 6 Billion Demons

What have you done

Beware, when you catch up it is like a special hell as it updates slowly.

I know I'm behind on this, but —

At least it doesn't seem to update once a week like other webcomics that I know? I know everything can't be Gunnerkrigg Court or Girl Genius and update three times a week, but it seems to have more going on in a week than, say, Vattu. Though I don't know if the artist drops a lot days or not.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

my computer punched me in the throat and then dragged a razor blade from my throat to my navel, leaving behind a salt trail

...chu wait

describe to us what your computer tower looks like

because I think you may actually just have a dangerous human being crouching next to your desk rather than a computer tower

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    My grandma sent me this really, really nice shawl made of knit possum fur (it.. it turns out it's nice), which is great but it came with this hilarious note from the company that spends the first paragraph talking about the damage possums do to New Zealand

Basically my grandma sent me a possum fur piece of clothing that also reminds me why it's ok and really, probably good if possums die

Dad sent me some cooking stuff along with a printed page I will post here sometime when I can scan it in. It's about how Vaporeon is his favorite Eevee evolve and a four year old took his phone and renamed several pokemon and also spent 50,000 stardust on ?????

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Possums are cute and fuzzy.

Opossums are fanged evil beasts.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Is anyone with an Nvidia card having trouble using Geforce Experience? I gave it permission to go online but it says it can't connect to any server.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

is this our pound of flesh for the last thread, jacob

i am a sovereign citizen and you cannot try my anime except under admiralty law

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    why am I still awake?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Is anyone with an Nvidia card having trouble using Geforce Experience? I gave it permission to go online but it says it can't connect to any server.

I regularly have problems with my firewall and nvidia updates, might be a similar thing

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    man this cold or whatever is fucking up my neck

my neck is so sore

the doctor poked around at my back for a bit and he was like "yeah this (muscle group) is really tight, too tight, you have to get this to relax. Try [heat, stretching, yoga, arnica oil] and take an ibuprofen if it's very bad"

yes doctor I know I'm tense I'm VERY TENSE DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME OF YEAR IT IS AND I'M HAVING TO WORK MORE, NOT LESS, AND IT'S JUST KIND OF A LOT OKAY DON'TTELLMETOCALMDOWN

so, your cough isn't bronchitis?

no it's just sucky chest cough

thankfully

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Do I go to bed or do I just spend all night playing video games.

• Options
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Do I go to bed or do I just spend all night playing video games.

yes

edit: :mad:

A Kobold's Kobold on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    the sins of the father...

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The Ender wrote: »

...chu wait

because I think you may actually just have a dangerous human being crouching next to your desk rather than a computer tower

it's a corsair carbide 200r

415aJSrSkhL._AC_UL320_SR250,320_.jpg

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Ha, found out trooper killed was not friend, turns out is just family member of friends other friend.

Friend and wife were hanging with said family member when he got the news.

What a shit outcome.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    also I now have a 17 year old ethnically-Finnish Empress of Hispania

she's absolutely garbage, stat-wise, even the change of monarch screen that came up when her dad died of depression said "she may have been better suited to a life in service to God"

but my hunger for interesting ethnic portraits...

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    John Adams writes good music

those alien and sedition acts were pretty bullshit tho

wandering on
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »
    John Adams writes good music

those alien and sedition acts were pretty bullshit tho

I think it is the music for the next chapter of American — and world — history.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Orphane wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

is this our pound of flesh for the last thread, jacob

i am a sovereign citizen and you cannot try my anime except under admiralty law

GOOD THING I'M AN ADMIRAL

XCoUgjX.jpg?1

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    simonwolf wrote: »

she's absolutely garbage, stat-wise, even the change of monarch screen that came up when her dad died of depression said "she may have been better suited to a life in service to God"

this affirmative action

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

...chu wait

it's a corsair carbide 200r

415aJSrSkhL._AC_UL320_SR250,320_.jpg
    that computer doesn't look like a beautifully engineered trash can

what is the meaning of this

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    one day of doing PT prescribed back exercises and my back kills

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

no one shall be prejudiced from employment for reason of age, race, creed or incompitence

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    "That's a nice looking case." - Zarathustra

This discussion has been closed.