As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pushups, Situps and plenty of [Chat]

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Cy2AwrnXcAAtgpi.jpg

I really hope this is an edgy kid and not racist parents.

But even then, the parents had to accept that.

A school wouldn't have let that kid in the front door with that getup. I'm thinking the student walked in that day wearing the suit and quickly put on the armband and Chaplin mustache and got a quick pic when the teacher wasn't looking.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Protip: GoLean crunch cereal is very friendly to your gaseous output

@tapeslinger

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    bleric shouldn't you be studying for a midterm or something?

AH I AM AT WORK

I WAS UP TIL 6AM

WELL WHY WHERE YOU UP SO LATE?

FUCKIN

WORKING SIR

WORKING on a FINAL

THIS IN PARTICULAR

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcsSiDHlpiEWFprYnREdWM1UVU/view?usp=sharing

Hot damn woman...

i had literally all semester to do it but I'm an IDIOT so I did it in 6 hours last night like some kind of chump

So you're a college student.

(hey, if it helps, and don't let my advice contradict anything @spool32 or @Belasco32 says, but I graduated college with a 2.2 GPA. I was one step away from being an extra in Animal House, and I have a nice career. I was a prison guard before I "fell into" IT. You're talented, you'll do fine :) )

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Cy2AwrnXcAAtgpi.jpg

...huh

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Cy2AwrnXcAAtgpi.jpg

A school wouldn't have let that kid in the front door with that getup. I'm thinking the student walked in that day wearing the suit and quickly put on the armband and Chaplin mustache and got a quick pic when the teacher wasn't looking.

especially since nobody else in the pic is dressed like an "-er" of any kind.

Not even a Helen Keller.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Cy2AwrnXcAAtgpi.jpg

"Things that would have been funny in 2015"

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    oh no no no no no no

this code works in release mode but not debug

death will be faster, sweeter

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Like, have we as a country gotten less dumb about rejecting blood donors due to having a case of the gay?

very slightly. now they ask if you've had gay sex recently rather than ever.

facepalm.jpg

Its dumb as we should just be running general screens on all the blood.

But the logic is not just homophobic. MSM still have the highest rate of new HIV infections in the US.

And it seems mostly among younger MSM now. Those who grew up during the bad years of HIV tend to still have the "wrap it up always" mentality still beat into them.

I agree the logic is not just homophobic.

But the end result is.

When we could just do smaller batches and run batch screenings on everything.

I thought they did screen everything?

That's why they take those extra vials.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    A huge shiny red tin full of christmas cookies in the break room, yes.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Like, have we as a country gotten less dumb about rejecting blood donors due to having a case of the gay?

facepalm.jpg

But the logic is not just homophobic. MSM still have the highest rate of new HIV infections in the US.

And it seems mostly among younger MSM now. Those who grew up during the bad years of HIV tend to still have the "wrap it up always" mentality still beat into them.

But the end result is.

Screening batches is a standard practice. And really there should be a screening of all blood. I agree the effect ends of being discriminatory. It comes down to cost, screening isn't free. And usually because you do a batch, one bad donation means a batch is gone.

Though this banning of blood donations gets pretty complicated. Currently folks in zika areas are banned. People who lived in England during Mad Cow are banned. People who recently traveled to certain parts of the world are banned for a specific number of years due to increased risks.

Sadly because of how transmission can occur in specific groups or locations you get these practices out of an abundance of caution.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Cy2AwrnXcAAtgpi.jpg

also the school had to let him in

what the fuck, adults

you had one job

• Options
    Cy2AwrnXcAAtgpi.jpg

especially since nobody else in the pic is dressed like an "-er" of any kind.

Not even a Helen Keller.

Ooooh that's a good one

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

facepalm.jpg

But the end result is.

What they kinda do is take a random assortment of vials, mix a bit into a batch, test the batch as a whole, then if it comes back with "oh holy shit this is some vile blood bro" they toss all the blood that was in the batch. Then they notify everyone in the batch to get tested I think.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

facepalm.jpg

But the end result is.

oh wait, yeah
    The American Red Cross performs laboratory tests for multiple infectious disease markers on every unit of donated blood. Tests are upgraded or replaced with more sensitive technologies as these become available. These tests include:

Chagas disease (T. cruzi)
    Hepatitis B virus (HBV)
    Hepatitis C virus (HCV 3.0)
    Human Immunodeficiency viruses, Types 1 and 2 (HIV 1,2)
    Human T-Lymphotropic virus (HTLV-I/II)
    Syphilis (Treponema pallidum)
    West Nile virus (WNV)

So why the hell do we not let gay folks with active sex lives donate?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    What is a 'video player' besides something my Mom used to call the old VCR?

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

Quicktime

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »

Quicktime

Real

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »

Quicktime

Real

Silverlight

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Also moratorium on horror franchises getting to use "The Final Chapter" subtitle.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    pep

AH I AM AT WORK

I WAS UP TIL 6AM

FUCKIN

WORKING SIR

WORKING on a FINAL

THIS IN PARTICULAR

Hot damn woman...

i had literally all semester to do it but I'm an IDIOT so I did it in 6 hours last night like some kind of chump

(hey, if it helps, and don't let my advice contradict anything @spool32 or @Belasco32 says, but I graduated college with a 2.2 GPA. I was one step away from being an extra in Animal House, and I have a nice career. I was a prison guard before I "fell into" IT. You're talented, you'll do fine :) )

I'm glad we don't have GPA's where I go (though I don't miss assignments so I'd probably be fine?) but yeah final projects man

there never seems to be enough time, not when there are lots of other smaller assignments to do

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I do not know what to feel about that little Hitler youth.

• Options
    I would send my kid to school as the ancient mariner, with an albatross around his neck and tattered captain's clothes.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

regular golean is like sending a team of brillo pads through your innards

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

@tapeslinger

oh she knows

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Actually, that's not a little Hitler youth, he's a little youth Hitler

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    pep

AH I AM AT WORK

I WAS UP TIL 6AM

FUCKIN

WORKING SIR

WORKING on a FINAL

THIS IN PARTICULAR

Hot damn woman...

I'm glad we don't have GPA's where I go (though I don't miss assignments so I'd probably be fine?) but yeah final projects man

there never seems to be enough time, not when there are lots of other smaller assignments to do

What worked for me (and still does) is an excel spreadsheet, color coded, from 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM, that covers everything from waking up, coffee, and a shower, to everything I need to do during the day, mapped out weekly.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

Important distinction

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Ah hello there chat, here we go with another day. I slept in until 7AM for the first time in probably 3 or 4 months and it felt wonderful.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Jeffrey Dahmer
    Hellen Keller
    Little Hitler
    there are so many troll opportunities

• Options
    Ah hello there chat, here we go with another day. I slept in until 7AM for the first time in probably 3 or 4 months and it felt wonderful.

Slept IN...until SEVEN AM?

three_word_phrase_question_marks.png

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Man, Ben Carson is bad.

And not Jackson bad.

Like how he looked at the end of his life.

• Options
    Winky what happened to you

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

facepalm.jpg

But the end result is.

oh wait, yeah
    The American Red Cross performs laboratory tests for multiple infectious disease markers on every unit of donated blood. Tests are upgraded or replaced with more sensitive technologies as these become available. These tests include:

Hepatitis B virus (HBV)
    West Nile virus (WNV)

The idea is that HTLV and HIV spread more quickly depending on how risky the sex is (unprotected anal in this case). But that same logic should apply to couples who engage in anal sex regardless of orientation.

But I think the assumption is that it's not as frequent in non-gay couples, and thus a rounding error?

It's a policy that is a result of blood transfusions in the 80s where a whole bunch of people got HIV from infected blood before they figured out what was going on, and it was mostly a good idea, if not a kneejerk reaction.

I suspect the rule is still in place to reduce testing costs.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-axJTzj0VU

• Options
    Jeffrey Dahmer
    Hellen Keller
    Little Hitler
    there are so many troll opportunities

Danny Glover
    Cher

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

regular golean is like sending a team of brillo pads through your innards

Thank god I thought it was just me.

I ate so much of that and I was just

Pooping so much

I didn't know I could poop that much

• Options
    The Unibomb"er"

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

facepalm.jpg

But the end result is.

oh wait, yeah

Hepatitis B virus (HBV)
    West Nile virus (WNV)

Numbers game.

I see two they test for that you will have a higher incidence rate for in MSM populations. Hep C and HIV.

And say you let MSM donate. You gain an increase in donations of maybe 3-5%. But you are throwing out 1% more of your batches you might just break even depending on the size of the test batch.

What probably should happen is say open a limited geographic area. See the amount lost verse gained and if it is feasible to spread the new guidelines.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    On the radio just now:
    SOME GUY: Can we agree, President-elect Trump, that at this stage it would be better for you to stop watching SNL as opposed to watching it and then complaining about it?

SURFPOSSUM: haha yeah good point whatever comedy guy you are

DONALD TRUMP: Well,

SURF: wait what

TRUMP: I hosted SNL when it was a good show but it's not a good show anymore. First of all, nothing to do with me, there's nothing funny about it, the skits are terrible.

SURF: omg

MATT LAUER: So why do you keep watching?

TRUMP: I like Alec, but his imitation of me is really mean-spirited and not very good. [...] And I don't like it.

LAUER: But you can't bring yourself to stop watching it?

TRUMP: Frankly, the way the show is going now, and you look at the kind of work they're doing, who knows how long that show is going to be on? It's a terrible show.
    I don't know why I'm still surprised.

• Options
    The Grim Reaper

SW-4158-3990-6116
This discussion has been closed.