As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Patches is a good card

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    GcbmBq2l.jpg

Turn 1 from MrYagut...

Can you explain this?

steam_sig.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    GcbmBq2l.jpg

Turn 1 from MrYagut...

Can you explain this?

Swashburgler'd an Innervate and Preped a Cold Blood while on the Coin.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    MMMigKoopahTroopahDasUberEdward
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I can't handle the salt of losing Reno to Dirty Rat because it happened to me twice while doing a Warlock Dominance quest, so I guess I'm going to just stop playing Reno decks. Thanks, Blizzard.

Coinage on
    bsjezz
  • djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    Is there any deck that is favoured against aggro shaman/pirate warrior yet?

Renolock, Dragon Priest, Tempo Mage, and Malygos Druid are all favored.

Renolock? Really? I'd have thought they would be hard pressed to beat the fast weapon onslaught

They have a gajillion removal spells, some lifegain stuff including Reno, and fat taunts.

kimeenvoy1
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Control decks are running double weapon removal (sometimes triple) and are heavier on taunts than previously.

We're see Faceless Shambler played in Renolock as well.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Yup seeing a warlock above rank 16 means you probably have to play around reno and kun.

On one hand i hate losing to them, but many times it's only one or two turns extra vs the golem army. Just gotta calculate how much life you have to aim for to survive.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    bwanie wrote: »
    Yup seeing a warlock above rank 16 means you probably have to play around reno and kun.

On one hand i hate losing to them, but many times it's only one or two turns extra vs the golem army. Just gotta calculate how much life you have to aim for to survive.

Warlock and Kun? Warlock and Golems?

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Sorry meant kazakus, and the golems are on my side.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    It's not clear to me why we're not seeing a lot of hunters these days. It's always been good against warlock, handlock and Reno lock especially. Does the new version have enough tools to fend off hunter pressure?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    GcbmBq2l.jpg

Turn 1 from MrYagut...

Can you explain this?

Inc Innervate Mulch.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Yilias wrote: »
    They have a gajillion removal spells, some lifegain stuff including Reno, and fat taunts.

Druids are getting really clever on win conditions and ways to fight Renolock. We're seeing Black Knight and BGH emerge as a huge tempo plays against them

Roz on
  • SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Renolock, Dragon Priest, Tempo Mage, and Malygos Druid are all favored.

I can say from vast personal experience that if you attempt to play dragon priest to counter shaman, you will have a miserable time.

Teriferin
    You need to run Excavated Evil to beat Shaman, too much 3 health stuff to get by on Holy Nova.

KonphujunMuffinatronMMMig
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    You need to run Excavated Evil to beat Shaman, too much 3 health stuff to get by on Holy Nova.

What's a poor Paladin to do?

*weakly casts Consecrate*
    *the Tunnel Trogg laughs*

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Spellpower and/or wild pyro.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    KonphujunMuffinatronKoopahTroopah
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Played pirate warrior for the first time trying to complete a daily, and lost a LOT of games as people have adjusted.

I got BMed after after each match I lost, which frankly I deserved.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
    djFindusMMMig
    Renolock named RNGesus Dirty rats out my Kazakus on T3. Haha, yeah... funny

I'm playing Reno mage so I still won after he Jaraxxused a couple of pings and a pyroblast later. Got two Ice blocks from Tome and a fourth from Ethereal conjurer :)

Man, I love Reno Mage, feels much better since I swapped in Yogg and Mirror image

Teriferin
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    djFindus wrote: »
    Renolock named RNGesus Dirty rats out my Kazakus on T3. Haha, yeah... funny

I'm playing Reno mage so I still won after he Jaraxxused a couple of pings and a pyroblast later. Got two Ice blocks from Tome and a fourth from Ethereal conjurer :)

Man, I love Reno Mage, feels much better since I swapped in Yogg and Mirror image

Reno mage is probably the most fun I've had in this game. The list has tons of wiggle room for customizing as well.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Teriferin
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Played pirate warrior for the first time trying to complete a daily, and lost a LOT of games as people have adjusted.

I got BMed after after each match I lost, which frankly I deserved.

Yeah. I could feel the adjustment happening after a couple of days on EU so I jumped ship to Aggro Shaman. It's a much much better deck.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    pirateluigi
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    My rank suffers for it, but I play shit like almost all overload cards to get the quest done!

And all these new quests they added make it impossible to line up all 3 quests to complete at once and hard for 2!

I think I may be playing wrong, but at least I only play priest when quests force me to and I don't rope every turn!

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Hrm, MCT is a hard card to remember to play around after all this time. Especially combo'd with Brann!

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    MMMig
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

Paladin is not in a very good place, no question about it.

It's still early, so maybe something will emerge, and Anyfin is still good (better with Finja), but paladin is probably the worst it's ever been aside from pre Naxx days.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular

It's still early, so maybe something will emerge, and Anyfin is still good (better with Finja), but paladin is probably the worst it's ever been aside from pre Naxx days.

Murloc paladin has potential. I wouldn't put Anyfin in it, though. I run small time recruits and the class hand buff cards. Hard mulligan for STR, get it out as soon as possible, then buff the hand and drop murlocs. They are really good when they get a couple buffs on them. Take out all the spells except smuggler's run and recruits, use the aoe murloc as your board clear. It's really fun.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Got a Nozdormu from raven idol against a Reno priest.

Happy feast of Winterveil!

(think fast, buddy.)

envoy1TheBlackWindXeddicusKoopahTroopahMNC DoverMMMigElvenshae
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    actually Nozdormu sounds like a good card against jade druid/kun aviana combo types.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    This may have been posted by now, but... Meta Snapshot dated Dec. 10.

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/standard/2016-12-10

...Hold on, does Dragon Priest really only run one legendary (Brann), typically? I always thought I was missing some of the essential pieces, so I hadn't thought about trying it. No Ysera in this? Maybe because of the aggro-heavy meta?

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    KoopahTroopah
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    This may have been posted by now, but... Meta Snapshot dated Dec. 10.

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/standard/2016-12-10

...Hold on, does Dragon Priest really only run one legendary (Brann), typically? I always thought I was missing some of the essential pieces, so I hadn't thought about trying it. No Ysera in this? Maybe because of the aggro-heavy meta?

Yeah. The idea is that in so many decks, Ysera will just weigh you down. On the off-chance you're against a slow deck, you have Draconid Operative and the 1/3 "Discover a Dragon" card to get you late-game cards.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Alphagaia3cl1ps3Atlas in ChainsKoopahTroopahMNC DoverMMMigElvenshae

Murloc paladin has potential. I wouldn't put Anyfin in it, though. I run small time recruits and the class hand buff cards. Hard mulligan for STR, get it out as soon as possible, then buff the hand and drop murlocs. They are really good when they get a couple buffs on them. Take out all the spells except smuggler's run and recruits, use the aoe murloc as your board clear. It's really fun.

How does that list fair against aggro warrior and Shaman? Sounds too slow to compete with those lists.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah the meta snapshot straight up calls out Deathwing and Ysera as cards you'll want in a more control-heavy meta, but that's not where we're at. You can get all the finishers you need off of Netherspite Historian if that's what it comes down to.

3cl1ps3AuralynxGMaster7Elvenshae
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Hrm, MCT is a hard card to remember to play around after all this time. Especially combo'd with Brann!

Someone brann, dirty rat, MCTed me earlier today.

it was pretty brutal

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    kimeElvenshae
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'm on a losing to jade druid's streak. these teen ranks seem to be all super slow decks which just makes it feel even more of a slog.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Thanks, Paletress, for pulling out NAT, THE DARKFISHER, who's drawn a card for my opponent 3/3 turns.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    hotform horrendously fucks up a play, talks about how his opponent was sniping for the rest of the game as he loses to jaraxxus

yeah, the guy was obviously sniping. but you still had that game so far in the bag if you don't fuck up that turn, even against a sniper.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    You're a hunter, who's going face.

Your turns should not take 30+ seconds.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Road BlockkimeKoopahTroopah
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Thanks, Paletress, for pulling out NAT, THE DARKFISHER, who's drawn a card for my opponent 3/3 turns.

Take this time to consider your past deeds.

AegisThe Escape Goat3cl1ps3TynnaninitiatefailureMuffinatronkimeLucedesKoopahTroopahMNC DoverMMMigjgeis
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

your fault for not playing daring reporter!

sC4Q4nq.jpg