As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Patches is a good card

• SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Oh man... I briefly tasted rank 2 and thought I had things figured out, and then bam! Crumbled all the way back to 5. I've never had a swing like this in all my time playing this game, I guess that's priest for you.

On the upside, I successfully trolled this guy:

2zEm7LJ.jpg

You want infernals?? I'LL GIVE YOU INFERNALS

kimeVariableMuffinatronpirateluigiThe Escape GoatDibbyMNC DoverElvenshaeMMMigTeriferin
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    another pirate warrior goes down to not killing my water elemental

many missed swings and dead cards. I survived at 1 health for 2 turns and then drew alex on turn 9.

not trying to post about every game I play but it's been a dramatic night!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    3cl1ps3MuffinatronkimeDibbyGrobianMMMig
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I am salty. I got up to Rank 9 with dumb cheapo aggro Shaman, hit a Pirate Warrior wall, teched my deck with a bunch of countermeasures, switched to Mage when I kept losing, and now I'm back to Rank 13 and I'm seeing all kinds of bizarre decks.

Edit: Also Love Actually is on in the background which isn't helpful. Just let me watch my yule log am I right

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    KonphujunSeGaTaiGoodKingJayIIIbsjezz
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Getting some Renolock practice in casual before taking it into Ranked next week.

DikbQHb.jpg

Ahahahaha.

hahaha

ahahahah.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    DibbyemnmnmeBetsuniThe Escape GoatpirateluigiElvenshaeenvoy1MNC DoverMMMigschussLucedesjgeis
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I just saw a rank 12 Renolock tap and burn his Reno. Pleasant feast of Winterveil.

KonphujunXegoMarty81ElvenshaekimeMNC DoverMMMigDibby
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I almost asked what was so funny till I saw the amount of mana crystals.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Oh my God the fucking pirate jade shamans. Why did you do this Blizzard

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

happy feast of winter veil

3cl1ps3initiatefailureRoad BlockBetsuniSeGaTaidjFinduskimeGrobianBreakfastPMMNC DoverMMMigDibbyKoopahTroopah
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

That's incredible!

MuffinatronGoodKingJayIIIfortyElvenshaeBreakfastPMMNC DoverDibbyschussKoopahTroopahLucedes
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

That's incredible!

<Inconceivable!>

<A happy Winterveil to you!>

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    3cl1ps3BetsuniGoodKingJayIII
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    After a not so scientific analysis of this week's brawl, I believe I have determined the meta:
    Priest

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    i brawled as a hunter because it was the only class i had deathrattlers for. #deckbuildingskills

initiatefailure on
    edited December 2016
    I brawled as druid because I had two 60 gold "Win 5 with Druid or X" quests and rerolled my third quest this morning to Win 5 Tavern Brawls. I had no choice but to try to grind out 5 wins in Brawl. Amazingly it went pretty well. I went 5-2 with a druid deck where I filtered for deathrattles and just started clicking away on the ones I figured had the best value, then added two innervates, two wild growths, and a savage roar. My two losses were to priests.

After I completed the 180 gold megaquest, I bought 10 MSoG packs. Unfortunately, I wasted my Hearthstone luck forever. In the first 6 packs I opened, I got 3 legendaries. Happy Feast of Winterveil to me?

I got Wickerflame Burnbristle, Auctionmaster Beardo ( :( ), and Knuckles. Not sure how well I did there, although I'm pretty sure Beardo is garbage.

forty on
    pirateluigiJimbo
    beardo appears to be possibly playable in reno priest

The Escape Goat3cl1ps3SLyM
    As a casual, non-whale player, I'm like half a dozen legendaries (and probably a couple other cards) short of Reno Priest, so that does me little good.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I raven idol on turn 5, do I take the good minion or do I take the super greedy minion?

Fuck it, we're taking Ysarrj

tWhvURr.jpg

Happy Feast of Winter Veil!

3cl1ps3ElvenshaeRoad BlockemnmnmepirateluigiThe Escape GoatGrobiandjFindusMMMigDibbyMuffinatronkimeKoopahTroopahTeriferinAuralynx
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    you know, there's a lot of annoying little things this expansion

but I'm actually fucking livid that actual-fucking-miracle-rogue with questings and auctioneers and conceals AND NOW ALSO small-time-buccaneer and patches exist so they just casually do ten damage to you by turn 3 without batting an eye.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Dibby
    ONPxnwdh.jpg
    This game is stupid.

MMMigNeadenkimeRoz3cl1ps3KoopahTroopah
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I'm not going to lie, I love everything about Dirty Rat.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Duke 2.0bsjezzMMMigkimeRozTynnanKoopahTroopah
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    when people are posting their decklists here what are you using? are you just cropping the list from a screenshot?

yeah it's all just printscreen

MMMig
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    yeah it's all just printscreen

(Or snip tool)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    MMMigkime
    yes or snip tool, grandpa

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Hearthstone deck tracker has an export function that directly uploads to imgur.

MMMigKonphujunElvenshae
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    These dirty rat screenshots are bringing back memories of the like half dozen times my ancestral call deck really fucked people up and how damn much fun that was.

I don't want to have to craft dirty rat.

I might just have to craft dirty rat.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    AegisMMMig
  • djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    These dirty rat screenshots are bringing back memories of the like half dozen times my ancestral call deck really fucked people up and how damn much fun that was.

I don't want to have to craft dirty rat.

I might just have to craft dirty rat.

I crafted a dirty rat. It is by far the worst craft ever. All it does is hilariously loose me games except for the one time it pulled a Yogg I could kill.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    ONPxnwdh.jpg
    This game is stupid.

How did you play Twisting Nether last turn but still have a Reno on board afterward?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    the opponent used his own rat to pull the player's reno, so the player responded by playing a brann and a rat, pulling the opponent's reno.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    MMMigMuffinatronfortyRozThe Escape Goat
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Well now nobody's gonna be rich.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    MMMighippofantAegisMuffinatronDuke 2.0kimefortyRozSir Fabulous3cl1ps3The Escape GoatKoopahTroopahLucedesJackdawGinElvenshae
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Grobian wrote: »
    Hearthstone deck tracker has an export function that directly uploads to imgur.

Shut the front door, does it really???

And here I've just been using Print Screen and editing in Paint like a fucking pleb

Wow. Today I Learned.

you know, there's a lot of annoying little things this expansion

but I'm actually fucking livid that actual-fucking-miracle-rogue with questings and auctioneers and conceals AND NOW ALSO small-time-buccaneer and patches exist so they just casually do ten damage to you by turn 3 without batting an eye.

I mean, yeah, this.

For all the cool new shit and all the cool new toys they introduced, they also snuck in some goddamn bullshit aggro cards that have managed to thrust the meta into HYPERSPEED

Every single time it looks like the meta is going to slow down, it doesn't. It doesn't because there's 1-2 new aggro cards that just, go under the radar until the expac actually releases. And then everyone discovers those new aggro cards are ridiculous and oops now the meta's super fast!

Frustrating. I mean, I gave up on my slow Reno decks and just, decided to run Pirate decks. Because they're the dumbest most efficient decks to climb with now. Sigh.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    djFindusJimbo
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Brawl done thank god. I have no good deathrattle cards at all. Made a dragon priest deck with heavy silence and heal options.

I actually cheered when my opponent played the "heal both players for 4" deathrattle. It was just what i needed to stall into my 5+ mana dragons

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    The fastest deck will always define the ladder environment. At a certain point you have to decide what's more important? "Do I hit rank X as fast as possible, or do I just play decks I find fun?"

There's a YouTuber I like, Dane. He's not super popular because he's not really considered a competitive player. But he told his stream a few weeks ago that he's hit legend a bunch of times, but at a certain point he stopped caring about the grind because he wanted to play the fun stuff. He plays these absolutely ridiculous decks and makes them work somehow. He's a good player, but he is not focused on the competitiveness of the game.

I lost two ranks the other day because I spent a couple hours playing with paladin decks. I probably could've hit rank 10 by now and I'd be done with the season if I just stuck with some aggro deck or other. Hell, I probably could have come here and said "should I try this paladin deck" and you all would've been like "fuck no, that's terrible" and you would've been correct. But I wanted to see for myself. That was a fun experience for me even though I had a 20% win rate during that time.

Unless being the absolute highest rank you can be is the most important thing, just play what you want to play.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    MNC Dover
    Why not hit whatever rank you want and then mess around?

BetsuniMuffinatronpirateluigiRozGoodKingJayIIITynnanMNC DoverKoopahTroopahAuralynxElvenshae
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Grimestreet Paladin Handbuffs are fun with murlocs.
    HrSgoST.jpg

bsjezzElvenshae
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    If they were truly serious about propping up slower control decks, then they need to start printing cheaper and better board clears.

I'm talking Wrath of God style board clears that we nearly got with Poison Seeds, except they designed that card in such a way as it didn't actually succeed at its primary purpose.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Isn't this the slowest meta we've had in a long time? Sure there's an aggro deck but Malygos Druid and Reno both seem very popular.

GrobianKafkaAU
    Yilias wrote: »
    Why not hit whatever rank you want and then mess around?
    I think that's what most people do, but the consternation comes from how painful and/or unfun it is to reach that rank in the current meta.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i can't find a deck i want to play and it's bumming me out

steam_sig.png
    skippydumptruckAtlas in ChainsIron Weasel
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Isn't this the slowest meta we've had in a long time? Sure there's an aggro deck but Malygos Druid and Reno both seem very popular.

This is the best meta game we've had since release. Aggro is good. Control is good. Combo is good.

Reno lock is the best deck but it's super skill intensive and isn't degenerate. I can't even remember the last time that was true. We have an actually healthy meta game where battlecruiser aviana kun combos are a legitimate end game.

It is however very skill intensive from a mulligan and deck building standpoint, which can lead to frustrating early losses

MMMigGrobianYiliaspirateluigiGoodKingJayIIITeriferinElvenshae
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    solia allowing you to play a 10 mana kazakus card on turn 7 is great sometimes

so is very slowly completing a '30 warlock cards' quest via kabal courier :P

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    webber