As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We've got to slow down, in the [Terrace House]

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    YO EPISODE 30
    The episode already was super enjoyable with the Aya/Taka stuff, and I am invested in them, but the complete turn halfway through to reveal that Noah and Seina kissed and may have been kissing before?

That was some Riko/Hayato shit and I was so happy the commentary team made that callback.
    It seems like Taka isn't that interested in Aya, which is weird because she seems like she would totally be his type. Hopefully it's just him being hard to read, cuz they'd make a super cute couple (also as much as I like the guy, I wouldn't mind if they got together and left to make room for someone new since he's been on for freaking ever).
    I think it's a combination of Taka being in actual disbelief that Aya is into him and having legit concerns about the age difference, something he's feeling more significantly after his experiences with Ami.

But Aya seems rad as hell, and I love that everyone was blown away by her effortless cooking, presumably because Yuudai was such a shmuck.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Taka has a good reason.
    Although he handles it like a schmuck

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    So I just found out that SHIN DAN KUROTO from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid was on the pre-Netflix Terrace House series and now I desperately need them to add it

I didn't care before because I don't much care for Seina and my impression is that she was a big part of that series, but I would super like to see one of my favorite Japanese actors trying to make it in the big city

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ok, finished with part 4
    First off, Noah and Seina are a mess. I haven’t seen the pre-Netflix season, but this is the first time we’ve really seen a couple that is all over each other like these two are (also that bar they were at for their make out session had to have been completely empty). Yui was right - those two really do belong together, and it feels like Shohei dodged a bullet there. It also feels like Yui is not long for the show at this point? She’s kind of just filling the role of group conscious and Aya’s friend, and not much else.

Meanwhile, Aya and Nakamura are super adorable and I am rooting for them. But seriously Taka stop being dumb and go for it. I believe in you!

Finally, super excited to get to know Shunsuke! I do wish we had more time with him in this series of episodes but now I do have something to look forward to.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Regarding the bar being empty

That happens about half the time house members go out on dates or to a restaurant. I assume they close the venues to the public when they shoot there so they can rig lighting and set up multiple cameras without disturbing other guests.

Probably also why they make sure to list the name and location of venues and make sure to show glamor close-up shots of the food and drink to give them some publicity in return for the shoot.

When there are other guests the shots are noticibly simpler, darker, quicker like just a skeleton crew.

• Options
    New episodes are out
    Taka immediately dumps Aya, who is perfect and wonderful

Fine, I’ll date Aya

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    New episodes are out
    Taka immediately dumps Aya, who is perfect and wonderful

Fine, I’ll date Aya
    Taka ends his time as you would expect: by being utterly disappointing.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Taka is my enemy and I have sworn a blood oath against him

• Options
    New Housemate Rankings:

1. Kaito - What is this fucking town that he and Guy are from? Is it the Burlington, Vermont of Japan?
    2. Maya - Best candidate to actually cause some shit this season
    3. Dude whose name no one remembers - His opening speech of "I've come to study young people so I can sell them shitty apps" was an incredible hell-move

And good golly, Aya cooks some outrageous meals.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Well, this is a headline I didn't expect to see

• Options
    Aio is like almost half of my friends, so I can’t help but like him.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh I immediately hate Sota

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh I immediately hate Sota

Spoiler alert: He doesn't get any better! He does get dunked on a couple times though, which is fun.

• Options
    So the last batch of episodes from Karuizawa is out now.
    Risako did Kacho fuckin dirty. She'd be lucky to have him. My wife kept shaking her head the whole time he was courting her like "If he was 10kg lighter it would literally not even be a question"

That's another season that ended on stupid drama. Next Door had the Rikopin/Hayato bullshit, Aloha State had Cheri's ASSHOLISH NATURE explode all over everyone, now New Doors ends on the Yui/Risako/Ayo nonsense. I hate it. And it always comes down to people trying to smell like roses on camera and acting catty in the background. I don't watch Terrace House for drama I watch to escape it.

I was super stoked to catch up with all the old favourites from throughout the season in the finale.
    Shunsuke is dating a boy!
    Shion and Tsuchan are still together! (their instagrams are a perfect delight)
    Seina and Noah are still together! (who cares)

Next season is back in Tokyo, and due late this year apparently! I can't wait!

• Options
    I just got to the "SOCKS!" argument, and it definitely feels like some manufactured nonsense meant to help conclude this edition with sufficient drama.

And real talk, something about Risako's day-to-day fashionsense just confuses the hell out of me, like this fucking pearl necklace and dorky sweatshirt outfit she wears to lunch with Masao.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Just finished the last segment and yeah, the whole thing ended with kind of a big ol' fart. Maya was pretty dull and Kaito felt like he wasn't there even when he was onscreen. The Hawaii season has been my least favorite so far, but overall I wouldn't rate this one much higher (although it definitely had its high moments, including Tsubasa's dad, aka Best Terrace Character).

• Options
    Oh god, YUI WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?!
    A classic case of unnecessary correction.

Also, gotta love Masao's bandmate being all "please, reject my friend, it will make his bass playing even better."

• Options
    He didn’t say that!

He said to not do that!

Even though it would improve their music

• Options
    edited March 2019
    He's a poet! You gotta read between the lines!

EDIT: Also, while I'm rooting for Masao, I really do hope lady from the commentary team breaks through the fourth wall, pushes Risako into a pond, and steals Masao for herself.

metaghost on
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    He's a poet! You gotta read between the lines!

EDIT: Also, while I'm rooting for Masao, I really do hope lady from the commentary team breaks through the fourth wall, pushes Risako into a pond, and steals Masao for herself.

Which one was this? It's honestly in-character for any of them.

• Options
    I think Babachan was talking about how he's her type?

It drives me mental, honestly, because he's the whole goddamn package. He's kind and thoughtful and funny and cool as hell and successful but the bodyshaming is real in Japan.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Risako did Kacho fuckin dirty. She'd be lucky to have him. My wife kept shaking her head the whole time he was courting her like "If he was 10kg lighter it would literally not even be a question"

That's another season that ended on stupid drama. Next Door had the Rikopin/Hayato bullshit, Aloha State had Cheri's ASSHOLISH NATURE explode all over everyone, now New Doors ends on the Yui/Risako/Ayo nonsense. I hate it. And it always comes down to people trying to smell like roses on camera and acting catty in the background. I don't watch Terrace House for drama I watch to escape it.

I was super stoked to catch up with all the old favourites from throughout the season in the finale.

About Shion and Tsubasa....

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Nooooooooooo

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »

About Shion and Tsubasa....

pbf025bcdinosaurmeteors.jpg

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    I'm going to hope that it was just you tough to do it long distance, not that they weren't a good match.

Still working through this season, but boy are most of them annoying. It seems like there's an especially notable lack of maturity with this bunch. I am tentatively excited for the bass player's romance, but I'm hoping he's not actually a creepo.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Oh, that's fast.

• Options
    The New Season has begun (in Japan)!

The house is beautiful, it has a rooftop terrace surrounded by privacy walls, there's in indoor pool right next to the living room, and Jaguars in the garage, sorry VW you're done.

We've only watched the first episode but the initial batch of housemates seem fun. Two Model/Actors, an illustrator, a musician, a part-timer and a gym/parkour trainer

One of the boys says he's terrible at talking to girls and he turns bright red whenever he does, and one of the girls says she has been accused of being overbearing and clingy by all of her previous boyfriends.

Also the show is scheduled to continue until the Tokyo Olympics in Summer 2020, that's a full year!

• Options
    I've watched the first two episodes

One of the girls gives off Extreme Natsumi Vibes, which makes me very excited

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Oooh, Nacchan was one of my favorites. Also, I guess Hayato got married, but not to Rikopin.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Holy shit Yamachan got married

2ix2rrdnhn231.png

To a famous actor/model

YAMACHAN. Terrace House's creepy old uncle GOT MARRIED.

He said on the latest episode that he only met her because of Terrace House. She loved the show and was introduced to him and he asked her on a date to discuss Terrace House gossip AND NOW THEY'RE MARRIED

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    That photo makes it seem like one big joke on him. Which, yeah, that sounds right.

She must have the patience of a saint.

• Options
    They went from being strangers to being married in two months.

My wife and I moved in together after 6 months and that felt fast! We had a quick, cheap, chill wedding and it took 6 months to put together.

TWO MONTHS

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hello I’ve started watching this show and it’s very good. I’m hopping straight into the current season, then I’ll probably go back and check out the earlier seasons once I’ve caught up.

• Options
    Taishi just posted that he and Chikako split

• Options
    It’s back!

Everything’s so pretty and I missed this so much!

• Options
    That house is intimidating. The cast seems pretty okay so far after 1 episode.

• Options
    None of the guys are really interesting to me, but I like the girls quite a bit

I finished episode 4 and the youngest girl
    really went for it in a way that no one on this show ever does

slipping in a "please be my boyfriend" after just a few weeks

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Oh hell yes gonna slow down this weekend for sure