As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Someone make a new [gifv] thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I really need a pupper.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

Dog wins! Yaaaaaay!

• Options

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

I have to wonder how much of their budget is medical expenses when they practice these things.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Always seems like a dramatic deficit between risk and reward on stuff like that.

If everything goes right: Sick flip, bro.

If everything goes wrong: The rest of your life in a wheelchair.

Not that it ain't impressive. I guess some people just live for the thrill.

RT800 on
  • Options

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    Always seems like a dramatic deficit between risk and reward on stuff like that.

They practice moves like these into giant foam pits LONG before they ever try them on a landing ramp like that.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

They practice moves like these into giant foam pits LONG before they ever try them on a landing ramp like that.

And practice bailing more than every trick combined too, like that trick is fairly easy to peace out on if worse comes to worse.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I am flummoxed as to where that is looped. From the people in the audience I thought I had it but it's when the guy on the outside is landing in the downswing and that just can't be it

Just before he jumps, check out the audience member in the front row, bottom left.

See, I'm not alone, other people got it wrong too!

The image is heavily edited to keep it looping properly, so any particular "seam" isn't going to actually represent where the image as a whole loops. I believe that if you look at most moving members of the audience, the seam in the loop is going to be precisely where the light passes over them, to help obscure it.

the fellow that leans over to the person next to them mislead me. i think i wanted to assume that the loop had to start when he makes the lean over motion but yeah stopping the clip and rewinding to the start shows that he was already leaned over. pretty impressive.

• Options

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    DOG IS HERE TO HELP.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

BWOAH

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Tonkka wrote: »
    DOG IS HERE TO HELP.

She was obviously looking for someone to pet. Dog provided.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Dafuq happened there? I think I read that wind turbines don't just create power - when they go too slowly, they draw power instead. Did someone crank up the juice and made that generator run like a motor?

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I'm just going on what I vaguely remember hearing, but on really windy days the turbines have brakes in them to prevent them from spinning too fast. If the brake fails, the turbine will spin like crazy, start shaking, and eventually tear itself apart.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's the result of a burned out clutch. Those turbines are designed to spin at a useful power-generating RPM at relatively low wind speeds. When there's a steady wind of 40-50 MPH, which is not super uncommon out here on the plains, they've got a centrifugal clutch installed that downshifts the gearing and makes it more difficult for the wind to spin the blades. Or an electric braking system, depending on the area, turbine size, and average wind speed.

When that system fails and lets the blades spin as fast as they want...well, you see the GIF.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

"Test 342b: Intangibility while blindfolded - Failed.
    The search for my super power continues.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Is that war thunder?

I played that a bit but it always just made me want to get out my x52 and play a more in depth sim like il2 even though I never got good at them. But then it's hard to play those without track ir or something.

This discussion has been closed.