As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Webcomics, stupid.

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    This thread seems to be getting off on the wrong foot.

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »

Well this page started in the worst possible way so

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »

Which foot should I be getting off on to?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Today's Whomp! has made some possibly regrettable shopping choices:

ljE54hN.jpg?1

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Ahahahahahaah

that fucking Whomp title.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    feet are weird

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I can't believe that receipt checker is a thing

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

At Costco the receipt checker will double check that you actually got the cash that you requested while paying with a credit card.

edit: They also tend to be older employees who are making sure that things didn't get charged twice.

Seg on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

they're pretty common at self-checkout places or high traffic shopping areas, like most wal-marts in my area have them

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    They're mostly theater though because I've never had one actually look at my receipt for more than half a second. I think they look at the length of the receipt to make sure it roughly matches the number of things in the cart

Javen on
  • Options
    Hmmm ok. Never heard of them before!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    One day we'll have rfid tags on all products and when you leave the store it will automatically and immediately tally everything you have and check it against your digital receipt in the rfid chip attached to YOU.

Until that day comes, we will have receipt checkers.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    No need for the rfid tags. just a lot of cameras and some software to track items and customer faces. Which is what Amazon GO are using for their new stores. You just swipe a card or phone on entry and then it tracks you and anything you've pick up and dont put back on a shelf, than charges you as you leave.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Foomy wrote: »
    No need for the rfid tags. just a lot of cameras and some software to track items and customer faces. Which is what Amazon GO are using for their new stores. You just swipe a card or phone on entry and then it tracks you and anything you've pick up and dont put back on a shelf, than charges you as you leave.

So dont bring kids to amazon go stores is what youre saying?

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    we703vzso6hz.jpg
    The Adventures of Dr. McninjaJonesy

I love how Mitzi's trying to be polite about her mocking laughter, but Dan just doesn't care.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Don't bring kids anywhere

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    tumblr_oi1q74sGzS1qf968wo1_400.png

Never Satisfied
    is about it's mentioned a few pages into chapter 3 if you are curious

That alt-text...

• Options
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    One day we'll have rfid tags on all products and when you leave the store it will automatically and immediately tally everything you have and check it against your digital receipt in the rfid chip attached to YOU.

And then, if you somehow try to steal something, it'll detonate the bomb that's also included with the mandatory collar on your neck.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Don't bring kids anywhere

Especially don't bring them into this world.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

Hërë ïn Swëdën we just have randomly selected receipt checks. Or, well, "randomly" - I imagine that they check shifty-looking youths more often, and my dad claims that he figured out that they always check you if you scan and unscan something twice. And rather than check your receipt they just scan some random stuff and see if it matches.

We also have hand-scanners for use in the shops, which is pretty handy. You just pop it in the rack at the exit and pay the bill with a credit card. And then sometimes scan the receipt to be let out, but it depends on the store.

• Options
    jalokjalok Registered User regular
    Having read the Dr McNinja comics as you guys have been posting them lately I decided to start from the beginning. Anyway, the Jonesy bit apparently calls back to Oct 2005; or does McNinja always say he's Jonesy when in disguise?

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    there's a new-to-me page of Power Nap, not colored yet though: http://www.powernapcomic.com/d/20161130.html

Did we ever meet Skippy?

• Options
    Shelley what did they do to your back

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Is she on the way to the hospital to give birth to the sketches? But they're starting to emerge prematurely?

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Lady's got one of them roaming spines

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    everyone in bad machinery is constantly striking some sort of pose to accentuate the rump

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Pmkqkld.png
    http://www.atomic-robo.com/
    Call back (forward?) to the Flying She-Devils of the Pacific.

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    everyone in bad machinery is constantly striking some sort of pose to accentuate the rump

Yeah, he got better after that guest strip, but he slips back into bad habits more and more often.

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Speaking of the she-devils, is that dogfight/chase scene over yet?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    jalok wrote: »
    Having read the Dr McNinja comics as you guys have been posting them lately I decided to start from the beginning. Anyway, the Jonesy bit apparently calls back to Oct 2005; or does McNinja always say he's Jonesy when in disguise?

Both Jonesy's are based on Hastings apparently, so yeah. Callback.

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Poodle bees.
    wairdc8420dv.jpg

Harpy Gee!

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    MirroMirro Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    we703vzso6hz.jpg

I love how Mitzi's trying to be polite about her mocking laughter, but Dan just doesn't care.

What is the pyramid and the eye at its top supposed to be? was that ever explained?

Also, I thought the pyramid was king radical's base that they were in which got bombed but I guess that's not the case.

• Options
    Mirro wrote: »
    we703vzso6hz.jpg

What is the pyramid and the eye at its top supposed to be? was that ever explained?

Also, I thought the pyramid was king radical's base that they were in which got bombed but I guess that's not the case.

Isn't there like a weird dimensional thing in the white house, where people would get trapped if they tried to kill the president or something? I figured that was it

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    jalok wrote: »

Both Jonesy's are based on Hastings apparently, so yeah. Callback.

I knew it! Also good call with the beard, man, it's a much better look for you.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    The pyramid with the eye on top is part of the great seal of the USA. The eye also is the portal to the negative zone where president Maria funkhouser is currently imprisoned.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Speaking of the she-devils, is that dogfight/chase scene over yet?
    Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha haaa...

no

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I wasn't feeling Shauna's Seafoam highlights but man that's a good look with hair tied back.

This discussion has been closed.