As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    Mega Bloks (now Mega Construx) has been showing some pretty baller stuff at Toy Fair. I would pop my lid if they showed off a Gundam license (the Beyonders sci fi stuff they showed off based on some children's drawings is amazing).

You know, they used to have the Gundam license, back in the old days.

Kits cost an arm and a leg now, and they still suck, but they exist.

• NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    Mega Bloks (now Mega Construx) has been showing some pretty baller stuff at Toy Fair. I would pop my lid if they showed off a Gundam license (the Beyonders sci fi stuff they showed off based on some children's drawings is amazing).

You know, they used to have the Gundam license, back in the old days.

Kits cost an arm and a leg now, and they still suck, but they exist.

Yeah. $200 is crazy. It would be cool to see them put out a new line of them if it's feasible.

• LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    So, just got back from LA, swung by Little Tokyo and picked up, well, basically what everyone else has been getting it seems. MG GM Sniper II, HGUC GM Ground Type (also got a gatling weapon pack, because I liked the look of AtomicTofu's), HG Origins Guncannon Mobility Test Type. Also got the RG Gundam Mk II and some Converges. Dunno which to make first.
    t9sx1jyxjm6v.jpg

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Are those kits 1:1 scale while in Little Tokyo?

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    So, just got back from LA, swung by Little Tokyo and picked up, well, basically what everyone else has been getting it seems. MG GM Sniper II, HGUC GM Ground Type (also got a gatling weapon pack, because I liked the look of AtomicTofu's), HG Origins Guncannon Mobility Test Type. Also got the RG Gundam Mk II and some Converges. Dunno which to make first.
    t9sx1jyxjm6v.jpg

Did you go to Anime Jungle? That's my go-to out there.

04xkcuvaav19.png
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    t9sx1jyxjm6v.jpg

I did! Pretty nice place! I just wish we had something like that out here in Phoenix, but it's a gunpla wasteland for the most part. Just a few kits at local comic stores it seems.

• NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    t9sx1jyxjm6v.jpg

I did! Pretty nice place! I just wish we had something like that out here in Phoenix, but it's a gunpla wasteland for the most part. Just a few kits at local comic stores it seems.

The 1999 to 2004 era of Toys R Us being flush with Gundam merchandise is unfortunately probably not going to happen again. Now I have to get everything from eBay and Amazon.

Tonight I am going to start workin on the Graze custom

Pray for me

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    now that its on hulu, what are the good gundam oo kits?

So, this might have turned out a little silly. But awesome. I call it the GM Ground BRRRT.
    w3p72gyj5dlz.jpg

4nnk3fvbnc85.jpg

Maybe I should use the tripod variant of the gatling?

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »

uhh in terms of good build or good design

reborns gundam, over-flag, 00-raiser

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    So, this might have turned out a little silly. But awesome. I call it the GM Ground BRRRT.
    [img][/img]

Maybe I should use the tripod variant of the gatling?

I have the same gatling kit. I just removed the middle section with the long barrels. I think it looks better that way, and your GM won't fall over trying to hold it.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

I built an over-flag and thought it was horrible. Only kit I've put back in a box.

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited February 2017
    I really like the RG Exia. The MG Raiser and MG Seven Sword both look nice. And wasn't there a recent RG Seven Sword?

Never mind, it was an Expo-exclusive!

edit: I was thinking of the RG OO Quanta, which should be easily available.

Renzo on
  • EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular

Arios, GN Archer, GN-X if you like the look, if you get a Flag get Brave Commander, Throne Drei, Reborns/1.5 Gundam, Gadessa/Garazzo/Gaddess, Virtue, Nadleeh

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »

I built an over-flag and thought it was horrible. Only kit I've put back in a box.

ah, fair

I was just going off designs, I haven't built the kits

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List

I should have blasted the parts with a can of compressed air first but c'est la vie

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

What line do you like to build model kits in?

I have the RG Exia, 00-Raiser, and Qan-[T]. All three are good kits, with my favorite being the 00.
    In the MG line, I have the 00-Raiser. It's in my top 10 for Master Grades, though you'll need an Action Base if you want to display it in the 00-Raiser configuration. It can also take up to 5 LEDs, although realistically you won't want to use more than 3 and non are required.
    I've been told to avoid the MG Exia, as it has balance and joint issues.

I haven't built any of the HG or 1/100 NG so can't comment on those.

Oh yeah I guess the HGs are pretty old at this point

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I somehow missed that a HG Barzam was coming

ga170410.jpg

Also, ANOTHER GM Ground Type (Thunderbolt version this time)

ga170404.jpg

And a new IBO kit, the Gundam Vual

ga170406.jpg

edited February 2017
    How do you have a GM Ground Type in Thunderbolt? It literally all takes place in space. There's no ground.

Also, the color choice on the Vual is awful. It does nothing but make me want to stare at the feet.

Heffling on
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    The second arc of the Thunderbolt manga (and second season of the anime, I presume) goes to Earth

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Also, the color choice on the Vual is awful. It does nothing but make me want to stare at the feet.
    Is that the full build on the Vual? It looks like it's missing half it's armor.

see317 wrote: »

I believe a major complaint I've had with the IBO kits is that, like fantasy art from the 80's, they all have a bare midriff.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Gimme that Barzam

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    That Vual seems to be from the IBO manga.

• see317see317 Registered User regular

I believe a major complaint I've had with the IBO kits is that, like fantasy art from the 80's, they all have a bare midriff.

It's not just the midriff though. It's the color blocking.
    Bright pink feet, bright pink on the shield. Everything else is black or grey with an occasional pink highlight.
    Makes it look like it's missing most of the outer layer of armor where the colorful bits normally are.

edited February 2017
    8bb202453b81786894f67017e53f56e1.jpg
    42c7700d7446cd2cc4ebdc2f28898d32.jpg

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

it's very Nagano-esque, i dig it

i agree that the color scheme isn't great tho

uc3ufTB.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    People sure seem to love customising the Heimwiege.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Hey uh so uh

ywi7t0tdgt3d.jpg

I bought in

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Welcome

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Hey uh so uh

ywi7t0tdgt3d.jpg

I bought in

I'm so proud of you.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
    Hey uh so uh

ywi7t0tdgt3d.jpg

I bought in

Awesome! Welcome to Gunpla Anonymous. Be careful, these things have a way of grabbing onto your wallet and not letting go.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Hey uh so uh

ywi7t0tdgt3d.jpg

I bought in

AND YOU STARTED WITH A SHOWSTOPPER AWWW YEEAAHHH

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Hey uh so uh

ywi7t0tdgt3d.jpg

I bought in

AND YOU STARTED WITH A SHOWSTOPPER AWWW YEEAAHHH

Looks like the old 1/100 no-grade.

Now, if it was the MG, yeah. Showstopper. But with that, the curtains ain't even lifted.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    It's Deathscythe Hell Custom, don't matter what grade that design is always Killer

This discussion has been closed.