As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Rebel Alliance Incom T-65 X-Wing Starfighter. Call Sign: Red Four. Battle of Scarif

wn5gz0ey9l35.jpg

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    is that a dock sock? or just custom dock?

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

For the switch? It is the lid of my Taymia tool set leaning against the dock.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Looking good! Did you paint the whole thing? Model wash?

Renzo wrote: »
    Looking good! Did you paint the whole thing? Model wash?

Panel lining mostly with some light weathering for dirt. It is all decals except for the canopy cover and pilot.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017

For the switch? It is the lid of my Taymia tool set leaning against the dock.

Oh I see now, on my smaller phone it looked like some kind of custom dock.

Anyways great job on the X-Wing. I really like the little details.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the pilot looks nice

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I would have a beer with that pilot.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    So, I'm at Hill AFB for a month for a business trip. Brought a kit with me to work on because, why not. And I figured I wouldn't find any place to really get any gunpla here in Utah. Turns out, I was wrong, and there's a little hobby/model store in the Base Exchange concessionaire area here at Hill. I was a little shocked! And I bought an MG F91 in my shock.

This guy has a pretty decent selection of stuff, including a rack of Bandai Star Wars stuff!

woav77q9z8nk.jpg

ztj4wvbduw3w.jpg

I wish my bases had had stores like this when I was still active.

LogicReason on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I love the AC school of Mecha design because they don't look like "humans" they look like bipedal weapon platforms like tankers or fighter jets.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Really glad I don't live near that store, because I'd be a much poorer person.

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    I haven't 'pla-ed in months. I should fix that.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
    edited August 2017
    Here comes a brand new flavor of Zaku, at least as far as Robot Damashii is concerned.

4pruW07.jpg

Also they announced some Feddie and Zeon themed stage act stands and teased a silhouette of the Zaku minelayer. Let me see if I can find the pic.

edit: found it:

KyBQNNp.jpg

also if anyone can read Japanese and can tell me what the hell those things are supposed to be itd be much appreciated. Are they pre-order bonuses? Will they be sold seperately? etc.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Gonna try to enter a custom in a Dallas Gunpla competition this month.

Also, ended up luring my girlfriend's younger brother into Gundam building. And of course the kit he picks as his very first to build is the Doven Wolf (Unicorn Ver.). Kind of rough for the first time.

Gonna try to enter a custom in a Dallas Gunpla competition this month.

Also, ended up luring my girlfriend's younger brother into Gundam building. And of course the kit he picks as his very first to build is the Doven Wolf (Unicorn Ver.). Kind of rough for the first time.

There's a gunpla competition in Dallas this month?! I live in Dallas!

Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Annual Texas Gundam Club Grand Prix at the Lewisville Hobbytown
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1862552067403342/

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    For some reason I can't find the Texas Gundam Club facebook group. Is anyone else here in that group? I'm in Austin, so I feel like I should be in it.

Think it might be closed and has weird settings. Got in it by talking to a guy at Hobbytown.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    For some reason I can't find the Texas Gundam Club facebook group. Is anyone else here in that group? I'm in Austin, so I feel like I should be in it.

I'm in the group.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Last night I finished building the Bandai TIE interceptor and started on Poe's X-Wing

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Here comes a brand new flavor of Zaku, at least as far as Robot Damashii is concerned.

4pruW07.jpg

Also they announced some Feddie and Zeon themed stage act stands and teased a silhouette of the Zaku minelayer. Let me see if I can find the pic.

edit: found it:

KyBQNNp.jpg

also if anyone can read Japanese and can tell me what the hell those things are supposed to be itd be much appreciated. Are they pre-order bonuses? Will they be sold seperately? etc.

Here's an OOB pic:

2ruZDWl.jpg

I still have to apply the decals.

edit: also, here's how the Hip Cannons are attached. They allow for vertical and horizontal movement, and they accomodate the missile firing effect from the ANIME Zaku II:

4NRHMM1.jpg

edit 2: and here's all the Desert Zaku's together (Desert Zaku, Zaku Cannon, and Zaku 1 Sniper):
    NGuHMqI.jpg

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    TIE interceptor and Poe's X-Wing models are done! Pics tomorrow when I'm sober

This X-Wing looks fucking SLICK

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    also HCM-Pro White Base Punitive Force:

a31UHVE.jpg

Here's a gallery with closeups of each thing:

http://imgur.com/a/RcBjB

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    a31UHVE.jpg

Okay, I can understand the giant robot with an axe considering the setting.
    I can kind of rationalize the wings on the tank, I assume they provide some stability if the tank has to be air dropped or maybe cooling fins for the big gun.

But can somebody explain the yellow tank thing? Why so wide?

edited August 2017
    see317 wrote: »
    a31UHVE.jpg

Okay, I can understand the giant robot with an axe considering the setting.
    I can kind of rationalize the wings on the tank, I assume they provide some stability if the tank has to be air dropped or maybe cooling fins for the big gun.

But can somebody explain the yellow tank thing? Why so wide?

In the show troops ride on those wings and then jet pack off from them to attack White Base, which is hovering in the air..

also the wings on the magella are because the cockpit can detach and become a fighter.

edit: The scene in question:

https://youtu.be/Xly7ix-aLTw

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    RIP :(

X22wmuF.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yeah, the yellow guy is a troop transport

but a lot of one year war vehicle wackiness can just be explained by it being the ~seventies~

wappa.jpg
    latest?cb=20120402173917
    dish.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    In particular, whoever was in charge of Zeon's amphibious weapons, both within fiction and in real life, was high as a fucking kite.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Thanks for the info on the yellow tank. The best I was coming up with was it's supposed to be some kind of mobile barrier/bunker kind of thing.
    turtleant wrote: »
    In particular, whoever was in charge of Zeon's amphibious weapons, both within fiction and in real life, was high as a fucking kite.
    Take that back, the Zakrello is an amazing design.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

What would ever give you that idea?

9xtgj1hcs3a1.jpg

jgeis wrote: »

What would ever give you that idea?

9xtgj1hcs3a1.jpg

If someone were to ask me to pick a Pokemon to base a killer giant robot on, you can bet that Kabutops would be in my top 5.

Blastoise is right there. Though Guncannons already exist.

Blastoise is right there. Though Guncannons already exist.

Blastoise is what I imagine I'd wind up with if somebody asked me to make a Pokemon based on a giant robot though.

edited August 2017
    GNZ-11 GN Marionette

6wx9m5kzr965.jpg
    ir0p5mmpwssb.jpg

EidolonOrpheus on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    AC Guy, 2500 miles across North America is funny, and a good tie in with, "We're Federation Hooligans!" which follows the One Year War during the California campaign.

It also provides this moment:
    latest?cb=20130710103342

It scares off the Gundam.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i super dig when people paint kits to have the color schemes of other suits

case in point: JEGAN BARZAM I'M IN LOVE

uc3ufTB.png
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.