As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    I would be interested in posters/friends of posters travelling to Japan willing to check out Gundam MSIA in the stores they are already going to. The prices are much lower than they are in the US and Ebay has become very, very slim. And I still have some gaps in my UC stuff.

They also have a good selection of MSiA stuff:

http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/serchKeyWord?keyword=MS in ACTION!!/MIA

And you can order it directly to your house in the US, no proxy service needed.

edit: this is where I get all my MSiA and Fix Figuration stuff.

I've ordered from Mandarake in the past and plan on doing it again. But even they are missing some stuff I'd like to get or get more of.
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    I would be interested in posters/friends of posters travelling to Japan willing to check out Gundam MSIA in the stores they are already going to. The prices are much lower than they are in the US and Ebay has become very, very slim. And I still have some gaps in my UC stuff.

Have you checked Amazon Japan for stuff?

I wasn't aware that Amazon Japan shipped internationally.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    https://youtu.be/lVHJlPNI8q8

all the feels.

The Zaku FZ releases in May, stay to the end of the video for a full body shot of it.

edit: also the Alex goes up for PO tonight at your favorite import store.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    War in the Pocket is a top OVA on my list in general, not even just for Gundam.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017

Yeah honestly I'd put War in the Pocket, Stardust Memories, and 08th MS each in my top anime's of all time. It's hard figuring out an order though, since they all bring something unique to the table. Gun to my head I'd say that 08th MS was the best, but thats largely due to my own nostalgia for it.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options

Yeah honestly I'd put War in the Pocket, Stardust Memories, and 08th MS each in my top anime's of all time. It's hard figuring out an order though, since they all bring something unique to the table. Gun to my head I'd say that 08th MS was the best, but thats largely due to my own nostalgia for it.

I actually have a lot of nostalgia for Wing even though I am a die hard UC fan and generally limit my Gundam collecting to UC (and for gunpla Build Fighters). It just happens to be my intro to the Gundam universe due to Toonami. Luckily late night Toonami/Adult Swim shortly after started showing the original series and the UC OVAs.

• Options

I actually have a lot of nostalgia for Wing even though I am a die hard UC fan and generally limit my Gundam collecting to UC (and for gunpla Build Fighters). It just happens to be my intro to the Gundam universe due to Toonami. Luckily late night Toonami/Adult Swim shortly after started showing the original series and the UC OVAs.

Yup, that was my intro as well. Watched Wing on Toonami, liked it, and then 08th MS started airing during the midnight run block and blew my fool mind.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    I have never watched War in the Pocket for some reason. I'll watch it after I finish 08th MS Team again.

Also, I forgot all about Norris Packard. Holy SHIT

• Options
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    I have never watched War in the Pocket for some reason. I'll watch it after I finish 08th MS Team again.

Also, I forgot all about Norris Packard. Holy SHIT

Those poor poor Guntanks, they never had a chance.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    A gundam dude I follow on yt, ZakuAurelius, swears by www.samueldecal.com

That site always seems so sketchy to me

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I bought the Daban PG Unicorn with LED and FA as well as some custom decals, so I can vouch for him.

• Options
    How bad is the shipping

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Thanks team, I was hoping to get the PG millennium falcon for a better price, and it is a better price, but with Christmas happening it is too far outside my price range still.

• Options
    How bad is the shipping

Kinda on the pricey side. I'd use Samuel for custom waterslides, I think other sites are better for kits.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    I am disappointed to find that a ton of MSIA on amazon.co.jp through the "global" site do not ship to the US. Amazon Global proper has almost nothing. And the fees for forwarding services are ridiculous and end up multiplying the cost.

NSDFRand on
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

There are so many tiny pieces in this kit good lord, but everything is so nice and colorful that I still love working on it.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    Finished the 1/100 Gundam Bael. I really need to pick up an action base for it to get some dynamic posing with the swords.

gfz79agi6ar3.jpg

• Options
    MvHbdyC.jpg

Shiny.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    I finished 08th MS Team again. I now want a Gundam Ground-Type gunpla and a Gouf Custom. I really didn't care for the last episode and seemed to have wiped it completely from my memory the last time I watched.

I'm gonna start on 0080 War in the Pocket tonight probably.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    The red and white will work better than the red and blue. Go with the first set. Also make sure it's the right scale for your kit.

Heffling on
  • Options
    I am

Upset

The arm bits on the hygogg are all breaking and i cant figure out why

I attempt to connect the arms and the armor bits all start cracking. Its as if they are too small even though I know for sure these are the right parts

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I found a mini Launch on her Motorcycle model from og Dragon Ball at the mall, which is just obscure enough I had to buy it.

PH5sfvt.jpg?1

it's so cheap, i love it.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017

waiting for more pictures under more normal conditions, there's a... lot happening in those images

i think i might like its sculpt better than the ver. ka but like, close up those hatches and make yourself decent, we have guests over

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Metal build perfect grade.

So that thing is gonna cost like $1000, huh?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BEHOLD!

uSZuEgP.jpg

errr...wait..

BEHOLD!

O4n4kPY.jpg

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    BEHOLD!

uSZuEgP.jpg

Is it wrong that I think the crab paint scheme actually looks really fucking good on the Hygogg?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

I finished this one up the other night! He's very very cool.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    BEHOLD!

uSZuEgP.jpg

Is it wrong that I think the crab paint scheme actually looks really fucking good on the Hygogg?

I would totally buy a special crab edition Hygogg kit.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Like now I want a story about a wise-cracking Zeon ace pilot who uses that paint scheme.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Like now I want a story about a wise-cracking Zeon ace pilot who uses that paint scheme.

His name would probably be Kurt Crustaceous knowing rediculous pilot naming conventions.

Is it weird that all of this is entirely plausible for being included in a Gundam anime?

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    1/100 Graze is a goddamn annoying kit. I don't think I can display it because if you so much as glance at it funny half the armour plates fall off.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I thought about putting this MG together. . .

I think I'm going to save it after I practice on some, uh, less intimidating kits.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Tonkka wrote: »

I think I'm going to save it after I practice on some, uh, less intimidating kits.

Some of the RE 1/100 kits look pretty cool and I'm under the impression that they are like upsized HGs. I have stayed around HG and RG for size reasons but I may pull the trigger on an MG to build along with my two unbuilt RGs over Christmas.

• Options

Some of the RE 1/100 kits look pretty cool and I'm under the impression that they are like upsized HGs. I have stayed around HG and RG for size reasons but I may pull the trigger on an MG to build along with my two unbuilt RGs over Christmas.

I'm building my first RE 1/100 right now, the Bawoo. It's more complicated than an HG, but doesn't have an inner frame like an MG. It is super detailed with lots of panel lining and a nice transformation gimmick. It's also a pretty good sized kit for a $30 price point.

One thing they did that I really like is they used a plastic midway between poly-caps and their normal hard plastic for all but the red parts, which makes them super easy to cut out and clean up with no real nub marks.

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

I'm building my first RE 1/100 right now, the Bawoo. It's more complicated than an HG, but doesn't have an inner frame like an MG. It is super detailed with lots of panel lining and a nice transformation gimmick. It's also a pretty good sized kit for a $30 price point.

One thing they did that I really like is they used a plastic midway between poly-caps and their normal hard plastic for all but the red parts, which makes them super easy to cut out and clean up with no real nub marks.
    Watch out with the shins, only place I had visible marks.

• Options
    I keep forgetting to take a picture during the day, but here's how the Grimgerde came out.

y9vYqwF.jpg

4n4f8NK.jpg

• Options
    Kampfer is a really cool unit! Still love the Kampfer Amazing. I kind of want to get a gunpla of that too.
    I really don't like the kid in 0080, but he has a lot going against him in general, cause he's a kid.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Blaze we're really not supposed to talk about the shows in here.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Im making something out of 100% plasticard

Pray for me

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.