As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    The Gundam that Denmark send in their Super Serious Contest to rule Earth in Gundam G is in a fish kigu.

Holland sent a windmill. What IS this series.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    The Gundam that Denmark send in their Super Serious Contest to rule Earth in Gundam G is in a fish kigu.

No, you don’t understand, they have a space armada of windmill Gundams too.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Mid 90's racial insensitivity.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I just finished VOTOMs and am working through the OVAs now, that series is beyond amazing.

Anyone know the most recent, good models?

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Magical.

The windmill plan almost worked is the best thing.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Double posting, but I just started on the Ogre GN-X from Build Divers. I already like the design, but now that I'm building the kit, it reminds me of a LBX kit. The first three kits I built a few years ago were LBX kits, and I really like the "small super robot" aesthetic, with cartoony proportions, bright color schemes, and lots of effect and transparent parts.
    I'm considering getting the PEN-01M Momokapool as my next build, just because I love the concept of a Petitkapool inside of a penguin Kapool.
    It wasn't until I saw a tiny robot pop out of a bigger penguin version that I realised I needed it in my life.

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    Double posting, but I just started on the Ogre GN-X from Build Divers. I already like the design, but now that I'm building the kit, it reminds me of a LBX kit. The first three kits I built a few years ago were LBX kits, and I really like the "small super robot" aesthetic, with cartoony proportions, bright color schemes, and lots of effect and transparent parts.
    I'm considering getting the PEN-01M Momokapool as my next build, just because I love the concept of a Petitkapool inside of a penguin Kapool.
    It wasn't until I saw a tiny robot pop out of a bigger penguin version that I realised I needed it in my life.

It's a pretty good kit! It has enough extra parts you can make both arms one segment longer than they're supposed to be if you want.

Only thing to watch out for is the eye sticker for the big kapool is kinda bad. I skipped using it since the eyes are a separate yellow part anyway, and if you want to use the alternative eyes they should be able to cover the default ones without using the big backing sticker.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

It's a pretty good kit! It has enough extra parts you can make both arms one segment longer than they're supposed to be if you want.

Only thing to watch out for is the eye sticker for the big kapool is kinda bad. I skipped using it since the eyes are a separate yellow part anyway, and if you want to use the alternative eyes they should be able to cover the default ones without using the big backing sticker.

Can you take a photo of that? I mean, if we can make a better shot at it with painting that is not an issue whatsoever. I hated applying the stickers for eyes on my Asteroth.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »

Can you take a photo of that? I mean, if we can make a better shot at it with painting that is not an issue whatsoever. I hated applying the stickers for eyes on my Asteroth.

Sure!

Here's what it looks like without the eye stickers.
    QmoNBtN.jpg?1

And here's the eye stickers.
    saYQXBK.jpg?1

The part is the same dark grey as the rest of the grey parts on the kit, while the big eye stickers are black. The big stickers tend to peal up really bad at the bottom because that's where the head pops open to let the mini-kapool in and out. The little eye stickers at the bottom are big enough to cover the yellow eye parts, other than the >< and the old school mono eye ones, so you don't really need the big sticker.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Yeah, those eye stickers seem unnecessary.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I always appreciate when the eyes are a separate part rather than needing paint or a sticker.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

The "idea" is that each country's MS is meant to be inspired by that country's heritage. This...does not go well.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

The "idea" is that each country's MS is meant to be inspired by that country's heritage. This...does not go well.

I remember the American Gundam had a football helmet and shoulder pads (that could became boxing gloves), also a shield that turned into a flying surfboard and Gundam sized revolvers as a ranged weapon.
    I don't know if you can get more 'Murican than that short of giving it a button that generates fresh baked apple pie while playing Proud To Be An American through a set of poorly balanced speakers.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    it's basically the Street Fighter school of national representation

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »

I remember the American Gundam had a football helmet and shoulder pads (that could became boxing gloves), also a shield that turned into a flying surfboard and Gundam sized revolvers as a ranged weapon.
    I don't know if you can get more 'Murican than that short of giving it a button that generates fresh baked apple pie while playing Proud To Be An American through a set of poorly balanced speakers.

The colony of Neo America is literally a giant star. (That said, Chibodee (the Neo American pilot) is actually a good character who has positive traits (unsurprising, since he's one of the main heroes.))

• Options
    The main five stereotype pilots were all pretty great.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    The German ninja always felt like an odd choice. Still, not as strange as Street Fighter's Spanish bullfighter/ninja serial killer.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    KEIRETSU

LOOK! THE EAST IS BURNING RED!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Sweden's Gundam was just straight up Sailor Moon

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Isn't there a team of girls who customize their [Sweden Gundam]s to represent the 5 main sailor scouts in Build Divers?
    Edit: Well I found this pic, and the Gundam wiki lists textual descriptions as variants for the Nobel Gundam, so I guess it's canon.
    pfh7l77jh6wi.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Second Gunpla done AND panel lined (with Gundam Fine Markers and an eraser)!
    vmtqkabalx2j.jpg
    Got a bazooka on my butt
    bez1d344m52f.jpg
    First (unpanel lined) Gunpla is jealous of the leg compartment were the beam sabers are stored
    7okykcbgg47r.jpg
    And of the shield that can stand up on its own
    m96feyk4vkwl.jpg
    Don't worry buddy, you'll get panel lined too!

No stickers have been applied; I'm waiting to get metallic markers/sharpies to give make the cameras green and the gun scopes red.

Pretty pleased about the result!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Glorious Federation heroes.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What is the left one?

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What is the left one?

1/144 HGUC RGM-79C GM Type C

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I'd rather have the cool back mounted sword than the Gundam equivalent of cargo pants. ;)

• Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    The German ninja always felt like an odd choice. Still, not as strange as Street Fighter's Spanish bullfighter/ninja serial killer.
    It makes sense once you learn who Schwartz Bruder really is - a DG Cell clone of Kyoji sent by the original to help his little brother. And of course he as a Meaningful Name - it means "black brother" in German.

• Options
    It makes sense once you learn who Schwartz Bruder really is - a DG Cell clone of Kyoji sent by the original to help his little brother. And of course he as a Meaningful Name - it means "black brother" in German.

Oh I knew about that, but it still struck me as a strange design choice for the show.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options

Oh I knew about that, but it still struck me as a strange design choice for the show.

Given the prevalence of German loanwords and such in Japan, not as much as you'd think.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Man

I kind of hope we get some 2.0 MGs of the G kits at some point

like they were the first to get the full internal skeleton treatment, if memory serves [before it was like, you'd get some internals for the legs]

But compared to what we have now, they feel kind of rudimentary

m44_n39.jpg
    Via Dalong

EDIT: oh wow, tells you how long ago those things were: they were still using screws to secure major joints

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Has anyone here built the MG Astray Turn Red? It's tempting, I was wondering if it comes with waterslides or not, and it is pretty hard to find out as it's technically a P-Bandai kit, so no Dalong or 1999 reviews of it...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    Has anyone here built the MG Astray Turn Red? It's tempting, I was wondering if it comes with waterslides or not, and it is pretty hard to find out as it's technically a P-Bandai kit, so no Dalong or 1999 reviews of it...

I'm in the process of building it and it does come with waterslides.

• Options
    Oh grand library of knowledge of Gunpla/Gundam, what is this model?
    os627u5lsv83.jpg
    I got this little fella in an egg as an extra with my Gunpla order.
    It is extremely soft plastic, and because of that, quite hard to put together.
    But hey, freebie!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If you mean what is the suit, it's ZZ Gundam

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    If you mean what is the suit, it's ZZ Gundam
    Thanks! :biggrin:

• Options
    That looks like the figure itself might be from the Converge line of figures. It's very similar at least.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    It's not Converge. Looks like Mobile Suit Ensemble, but it should say that on the little slip of paper in the capsule.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    the line is gashapon senshi forte! converge comes in boxes

btw does anyone have any NXedge robits? they look pretty tempting..

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I have an NXEdge Astray. I like it alright. Do you want to know anything specific?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    the line is gashapon senshi forte! converge comes in boxes

btw does anyone have any NXedge robits? they look pretty tempting..

they're cute little sd models, for sure

I keep meaning to bring in the Hi-Nu and Nightingale and put them on my desk at work

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I have an NXEdge Astray. I like it alright. Do you want to know anything specific?

like, worth the price? how tall are they actually? how do they compare to say, an SD cross silhouette? any places you'd recommend to find them?

i'm thinking of getting the mk-V since that's currently up for preorder but i'd want the Ex-S to go with it

uc3ufTB.png
This discussion has been closed.