As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I still haven't finished painting that Astaroth yet, but man I am itching to get a new set to build.

Maybe go with an MG this time around.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I ordered one of those red beret gunplas.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Robot Damashii A.N.I.M.E Johnny Ridden Gelgoog and Wetland Zaku revealed by magazine scans:

eQsNTLa.jpg

Also I just paid for my Zaku Kai so I'll have pics of that soon.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    ah, the Red Comet himself!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    You can really tell that the Gelgoog was designed when bell bottoms were in.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The giant flared out feet is why I can't really get behind the later Zaku designs

The Zaku is perfect though

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    it makes sense cos they usually cram a bunch of thrusters in there

or missle pods

1000124932_4.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I see at least a dozen panels that could open up and launch even more missiles.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Gimme all the flared legs, make the Dom the bottom of that customization slider.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    You can find pictures of all of the runners here. I haven't built any 1/100 Barbatos so I couldn't say if it does or not.

Upon careful analysis, it appears that the Sixth Form contains every part to make the original... except two blue elbow pads, and maybe a different chest (it looks the same, bit is a different part number and runner, so maybe not?)

Also I'm getting way into the IBO show, and want a lot more of these 1/100 kits, but they haven't released any since last year. Anyone know what the odds are we get new stuff going forward, now that the show is over?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    You can find pictures of all of the runners here. I haven't built any 1/100 Barbatos so I couldn't say if it does or not.

Upon careful analysis, it appears that the Sixth Form contains every part to make the original... except two blue elbow pads, and maybe a different chest (it looks the same, bit is a different part number and runner, so maybe not?)

Also I'm getting way into the IBO show, and want a lot more of these 1/100 kits, but they haven't released any since last year. Anyone know what the odds are we get new stuff going forward, now that the show is over?

I'd expect no new IBO kits until maybe a Master Grade sometime down the line.

• Options
    Well that's a bummer. Now to figure out how to stretch these parts around to create some of the missing kits. I bet a Ryusei Go Graze is possible...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Well that's a bummer. Now to figure out how to stretch these parts around to create some of the missing kits. I bet a Ryusei Go Graze is possible...

Some of the HG IBO kits were p-bandai only, so if you haven't looked, and want to break the bank, go for it.

But for 1/100, I think they all had a general release.

• Options
    Yeh, luckily there's only one P-Bandai 1/100 IBO kit, Gaelio's Schwalbe Graze. It's a colour swap of the general released McGillis Graze, with a unique lance weapon. No great loss, I can paint that!

Mostly just bummed there's no 1/100 release of so many unique mechs, like the Man Rodi, Graze Ein, Ritter, Reginglaze Julia or the Astaroth Origin. Those all seem beyond the possibility of kitbashing and painting.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Looking at the Barbatos 1/100 MG.

But I really need to at least finish painting the Astaroth first. I think I can finish that this weekend.

EDIT:I stopped by the Gundam shop after work and checked out what they had in stock. They have 2 of the Barbarossa 1/100 on the shelf, and I somehow made it out the door without making a purchase.

IRON

WILL

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    The Barbatos is awesome, do iiiiiiit

Heads up though, if you want the original mace, get the 6th Form Barbatos. It includes almost all the parts to make the basic one, but not quite. 1/100 IBO kits real good at just enough overlap to almost make other kits redundant, but never 100% ;p

...except maybe Graze Kai? I think that might contain everything that the original did, plus lots more? In other news I am assembling my first Graze and shaved off a mold line on the arm that turns out is intentional and part of the design. Oops! Now I gotta do that to every subsequent Graze I make, if they're gonna be a matching team...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
  • Options
    Siri? Pase

Alexa? Last Year

Google Assistant? Obsolete.

https://youtu.be/ZSwWn1gwW-g

Haro? Forever!

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    HARO: GENKI

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    But do the little flaps open?
    Seems like they should open.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    see317 wrote: »
    But do the little flaps open?
    Seems like they should open.

They open and there are hands inside

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Y’all think they started selling Replica Haros after Amuro died, or was he getting a little slice of that pie?

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    oh he was definitely getting paid

they're already around by zeta and he's got the right kind of ennui

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    oh he was definitely getting paid

they're already around by zeta and he's got the right kind of ennui

well I assumed the feddies were just pocketing that cash

amuro was basically under 24/7 armed guard. for his protection of course...

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    it's a little weird cause origin kind of retcons Haro as, at least, a build-it-yourself sorta Robot Kit, I think.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I never really thought about it before but I think I hate Haro? Like, deeply? It's annoying and weird.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I don't mind them in the early shows, but I didn't like them trying to force it as a mascot for the larger franchise. They can get kind of annoying, but making an Alexa!Haro is pretty brilliant.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    yeah in the original series it served a purpose of adding some depth to Amuro's character by showing he has interests in stuff (robotics, AI? toymaking?) outside of what we see him do in the war, but every time since then it's felt shoehorned in and irritates me.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Man I cant decide on the Woundwort

On one hand woundwort

On the other existing projects

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I just bought furniture to show off my stuff... well, show it off better. :) It's not fully assembled, but this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Now I just need to get the proper stands that won't snap...

eZkFcmbh.jpg

Also, I need to get a better look at the mecha in Daemon X Machina, as apparently its lead designer is a legend in the industry. They definitely looked cool... and I hope they make gunpla of it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I am jealous of your CW Devastator!

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Shout out to Figment.

So it just occurred to me that I have a fish tank and that an Acguy or similar would be neat to put in there. Anyone know if that's at all safe to do?

• Options
    Shout out to Figment.

So it just occurred to me that I have a fish tank and that an Acguy or similar would be neat to put in there. Anyone know if that's at all safe to do?

You'll probably have to glue some weights to him because the plastic will want to float, but it's safe. Alternatively, glue a chain to him and some weights and he would float in the middle of your tank.

• Options
    Cement and ABS plastic don't leech into water?

• Options
    Cement and ABS plastic don't leech into water?

ABS is a very common material in aquarium tubing and pumps, it's perfectly safe. Plastic cement evaporates after use, so it won't be there to contaminate the water. Cyanoacrylate (superglue) is actually activated by water, so it can't disperse into the medium.

• Options
    Thanks!

• Options
    While looking for pictures of an Acguy in an aquarium, I found this:

12114.jpg

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    God that must be massive

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options