As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    These last two episodes couldn't have aired at a worse possible time

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Hmm I may have solved my sheild problem. Anyone know how big deluxe MSIA gundam figures are in comparison to 1/100 gundam kits?

The shields and beam swords from the deluxe MSIA Sazabi are all over ebay for a few bucks a piece. I could probably scrap build and arm mount peg.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Hmm I may have solved my sheild problem. Anyone know how big deluxe MSIA gundam figures are in comparison to 1/100 gundam kits?

The shields and beam swords from the deluxe MSIA Sazabi are all over ebay for a few bucks a piece. I could probably scrap build and arm mount peg.

The deluxe might be 12 inches tall, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Closer to Perfect Grade than 1/100.

It's going to be a very big shield.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

The deluxe might be 12 inches tall, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Closer to Perfect Grade than 1/100.

That is probably too big. The not deluxe ones are also super cheap

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Also probably not ideal. MSIA standard are smaller than HGs. Sazabi's a big MS, but not that big.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    8e996043112563f9b99bcef7dcca3d00.jpg

I wanna make that weapon

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Also probably not ideal. MSIA standard are smaller than HGs. Sazabi's a big MS, but not that big.

Hmm. I'll probably just end up emailing the seller then and asking for some dimensions. These are going on a Nightingale so the big ones might work.

Even if I'm not sure this is so much cheaper than any other option I've found that I'll probably give em a try regardless.

That kotobukia shield is also nice but it clashes with the look of the Nightingale super hard.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    My god, it's full of plastic!

rdWuTIc.jpg
    HG Astaroth for scale.

0GUJzbt.jpg

And held by my awesome wife!

Heffling on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I'm so jelly

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    I'm so jelly

You should be. My wife is totally awesome. ;)

The Gundam's a nice bonus, too.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Jesus, that is like three times the depth of the box my PG Strike Gundam came in.

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Jesus, that is like three times the depth of the box my PG Strike Gundam came in.

Well, the GP's a bigger mobile suit, comes with the parts to rebuild into the FB version, and has a hangar to hold the extra parts. Makes sense it'd be a bit bigger.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I know, it's just nuts.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh it comes with a hanger scene
    I was wondering why the box was so big

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The hanger is actually only 4 of the large sized runners, of which there are around 14 in total (and almost 30 half to three-quarter sized). It doesn't add appreciably to the box size.

For reference, the outer box has two inner boxes, each of which are approximately the size of the PG Strike box. The biggest driving factor for this is the conversion, as you only re-use part of the legs, the waist, and the arms when you convert it.

I can definitely tell the dies for these parts are wearing out. There is some noticeable flashing on some of the sprues. The design is rock solid, and the seam lines are minimal as most have been converted into a trench detail. So overall not a lot of cleanup needed on this kit.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I haven't done a gunpla since 2000

But damn, the Reginlaze Julia...

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Awww shitsnacks, I bought the wrong kind of spray paint. Didn't realize this one said "for ploycarbonate" and not "for plastic". Luckily I got the other two cans right at least.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

You'd be amazed how far the engineering of these kits has come.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

You'd be amazed how far the engineering of these kits has come.

No kidding.

High Grades caught up with 2000 era master grades about a decade ago.

And Bandai's kept improving since.

• Options
    I have a few friends who still build them so I'm aware (and ofc this thread), the last thing I did was the HGUC Qubeley

• Options
    I have a few friends who still build them so I'm aware (and ofc this thread), the last thing I did was the HGUC Qubeley

They just did a new version of that kit in the Revive line last year, if you're not sure where to go next. Pick up where you left off, yeah?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Alright, Kaempfer is done
    What next...?

• Options
    Pics?

• Options

The only empty flat space in my shithole apartment is literally The Floor

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Every Ryusei is Good

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    ...alright I ordered a Gyan and a GM Sniper II

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Which GM Sniper II?

The MG, or the HG?

If it's the HG, the K9 version is the best.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    gettin paid tomorrow, so the plan is to finally get the robot spirits Ex-S

i wanna try detailing it like this guy's:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKYqFH38jN4

probably will skip the decals tho

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options

Which GM Sniper II?

The MG, or the HG?

HG, but just the regular Sniper II
    I don't dig the look of the K9 so much

• Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    I finished a thing.

mjj21ohbd73l.jpg

Very purple.

• Options

Which GM Sniper II?

The MG, or the HG?

HG, but just the regular Sniper II
    I don't dig the look of the K9 so much

The thing about the K9 is that it has all the parts to build the regular Sniper II, and all the custom parts, plus the stickers are less prone to falling off.

You lose the littl Drakken E, but you get a dog shaped robot buddy in exchange. Fair deal.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Need to put some paint on it, but Grimgerde is built

powWBv8qj

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    1005325_685391434815030_1632854663_n.jpg

• Options
    get in the duck, shinji

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    get in the duck, shinji

Conquacktulations!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've now gotten to the stage where I recognize many of those parts and know what kits they come from.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I've now gotten to the stage where I recognize many of those parts and know what kits they come from.

This is what happens when you try to build Kshatriya without following the instructions.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    I'm seeing promo images for Bael around the place. She's purdy.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
This discussion has been closed.