As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I was thinking the Barbatos or maybe even that new kit (Julia?) that had a shit ton of boosters

Edit: Although I DO have a graze I was getting ready to dissect anyways...

I think the Barbatos and the Julia have a bit too much set in their designs, not as much room to feel like it's yours. The Graze and the Shiden are more basic, more room to go somewhere crazy without compromising the suit's default virtues.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Yeah lets do it

Who would be up for a graze off

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Yeah lets do it

Who would be up for a graze off

I'd be in. I mean, there's also a HLJ competition, so a Graze could do double duty for both contests. Just kind of tricky for me to spray paint right now.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Put together this Grey Fox lookin' chum about a week ago.

3abvsvhghdlf.jpg
    tc39fe0rvioj.jpg
    xm8iwyhurfdc.jpg

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    @Veldrin I'm really taken by your food slice cushions.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah they look tastey.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Well today I bought a kitty. A Zoid kitty. Because she called out to me. And she's my baby.5eopgg3ldww5.jpg

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I know Kongo is probably busy, and a graze would almost be a waste, model wise, but wow would a pearlescent but otherwise on scheme Carta graze be amazing.

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

I saw this on Twitter and thought of this thread

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    So I'm getting ready to set out on my first airbrushing adventure. I've got the airbrush and compressor, and I picked up almost all of the paints I need, along with some Tamiya Liquid Surface Primer. What I'm NOT sure about is what I should thin the surface primer with, exactly.

And then I don't have a clue what gloss coat/matte topcoats to go with when I'm done painting and ready to panel line/finish.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Inx wrote: »
    So I'm getting ready to set out on my first airbrushing adventure. I've got the airbrush and compressor, and I picked up almost all of the paints I need, along with some Tamiya Liquid Surface Primer. What I'm NOT sure about is what I should thin the surface primer with, exactly.

And then I don't have a clue what gloss coat/matte topcoats to go with when I'm done painting and ready to panel line/finish.

Personally I've only used Vallejo surface primer through an airbrush which doesn't need any thinning, but, looking at the Tamiya Liquid Surface Primer it seems pretty thick. It is a lacquer based primer, correct? In that case any lacquer based thinner should do the trick (definitely don't use acrylic thinner if it is lacquer based) and if you want to be extra safe you can always use Tamiya Lacquer Thinner to make sure they will be 100% compatible.

As for what gloss coat/matte topcoats to go with... it's a case of ask 100 different painters get 100 different answers in my experience. But any of the big named brands should work fine as long as you follow the directions correctly to avoid things like frosting.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Ground Type GM up on Amazon Prime. Feb 24 release date.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

...so...

The gunpla modding scene seems... pretty cool...

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    join us wyborn

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Well, my first attempt at at painting went not great. I ran out of white spray paint before getting everything done, and I'm not super happy with some of the fuel tanks.

I'm think that getting some regular white paint to do the little parts I didn't get to and doing some touch up would be a better idea than getting another can.

Tomorrow I'm doing blue and maybe dark blue. Hoping they will go better since I won't need to do as many coats as the white. Hopefully I don't run out of primer.

Overall I'm glad I'm doing this and I hope it turns out OK, but boy has this been expensive. I'm probably going to be sticking to just minor touch up stuff in the future. Painting just isn't fun for me like snapping up kits is.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder when we are getting the Rourie (how is it spelt)

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Still gotta assemble the shield/weapons and I'm waiting on the paint on the torso vents to dry. Note: the gatling gun is not a part of the kit, that's an add-on part the shop threw in for free when I bought it!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Bandai Pacific Rim kits incominggggggg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ughhhh I want that GM so muchhhhhhh

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Ughhhh I want that GM so muchhhhhhh

I've got one on order to arrive in a bit over a week. Excited.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Kitteh likes dumplings. Om nom nom

• Options
    OK the white paint looks better now that it's dried. Once I touch it up a bit I think it'll be fine.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Which panel lining pens do you folks use?

I just ordered these, as I figured that should be all I need for some basic lining work.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Those are the ones most people use for panel lining I think

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I've got my GM Ground Type coming in next week-ish, along with my Guncannon Mobility Test Type, Transient, and Helmwige from HLJ after that. Not sure how long HLJ stuff but standard SAL shipping takes to get to Sydney, but I'm excited!

• Options
    Today I figured out a use for the Chinese New Year money I got

C5DdTXzUkAAX8C7.jpg

• Options
    http://bandai-hobby.net/item/1761/

behold the kimaris-vidar

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options

behold the kimaris-vidar

My God.... that's some pretentious edge lord shit there.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

behold the kimaris-vidar

...and I love it

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »

behold the kimaris-vidar

...and I love it

But of course you do. Of COURSE you do.

• Options
    It's got drills y'all.

Damnit I'm going to end up buying like every IBO season 2 kit.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    well if it makes you feel any better, it seems like IBO is ending within the next few episodes given the speed of plot

wont be too many more kits popping out of the woodwork that way

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    huh, neat
    7Ef8YQ7.jpg

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I ordered the PG Gundam Phenex from www.gundammodelcenter.com for $135 shipped on the 11th. It arrived today. That's crazy fast to get such a big kit from China.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    those are some heels claws? feet on the kimaris 4

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh man. I just discovered that spare hands from Barbatos fit the Guncannon early types really well! Now my Guncannons have swords and stuff!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »
    huh, neat
    7Ef8YQ7.jpg

those are cool as heck, what are they from?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Phantasy Star Online 2

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Mega Bloks (now Mega Construx) has been showing some pretty baller stuff at Toy Fair. I would pop my lid if they showed off a new Gundam licensed line (the Beyonders sci fi stuff they showed off based on some children's drawings is amazing).

NSDFRand on
This discussion has been closed.