As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That's right, more Fallen London [chat]

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Are people successfully streaming art stuff yet? Its something I might like to start doing but I don't know if its a thing.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    if you're in the flit you should be doin' robbery crimes. lots of crimes.

i stole a bunch of paintings for the one leader guy, then arranged them in a fantastic arrangement!

now i have the option of repeating that quest again

it just seems really frustrating to work on raising your shadowy in the flit without helpful quests that give you a lot of points for completion like in the earlier areas

like yeah, i get you want to heist over and over but my shadowy isn't at a point where i can comfortably expect successes so what happens is I burn a lot of actions because each step in preparing for a heist takes 3 per and i may or may not be successful because even with a shadowy in the mid-70s i still only have like a 60% chance to succeed - and failure does nothing to improve your progress in heisting

meanwhile when i was doing stuff in Watchmaker's hill there were like 3 quests i could do there that substantially raised my dangerous stat

You can build casing in spite and use that for heists in the flit if you are so inclined. I think the payoff is better on the 3 action ones but the skill checks in spite for casing are probably much lower.

My mission right now is to finish the university mystery for PoSI and it's taking aaaaaages. Great story so far though.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    P10 wrote: »
    am broadly worried about other people seeing how i live and concern that i won't appear to be a functional human being in january.

??

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    if you watch my twitch i will eat a hamster

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Things that have shipped today to my home.

An NES with two controllers, a Zapper, and Mario/Duck Hunt

A CB Radio (from Canada)

breaker breaker one nine this is snowman

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »

jfc

yes, the creator of the hit film Sausage Party is going to lead a roundtable of straight white cis men in a discussion of how to avoid ethnic stereotypes

i just

why must way stray further from god's light

Because that click bait stripped out all the necessary context
    A panel of top toon creators — including Byron Howard ('Zootopia), Garth Jennings ('Sing'), Travis Knight ('Kubo and the Two Strings'), Mike Mitchell ('Trolls'), John Musker ('Moana') and Mark Osborne ('The Little Prince') —

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/animation-roundtable-seth-rogen-6-more-avoiding-ethnic-stereotypes-creating-ugly-cute-princ

Yeah, and, I mean.. People who want to make sure they don't fall into creating ethnic stereotypes talking about how best not to do so? Seems absolutely correct.

a round table on how to improve ethnic & gender stereotypes should probably include members of those cohorts, so the whole discussion isn't garbage in -> garbage out

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Are people successfully streaming art stuff yet? Its something I might like to start doing but I don't know if its a thing.

@Blameless Cleric does it from time to time

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Fallen London:
    Dammit there's a surly goat-demon who is getting in the way of my investigation (and, more importantly, taking up an opportunity card play slot) and I don't nearly have enough Dangerous to take it head-on or enough Church contact to have them help out.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

"Blameless Cleric" does it from time to time

By successfully I assume he means like as a career as the vidya nerds have been doing.

• Options

people definitely do that on twitch

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    As of 2013, Atlanta contains the fourth-largest concentration of information technology jobs in the United States, numbering 85,000.

*perks up*

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

i stole a bunch of paintings for the one leader guy, then arranged them in a fantastic arrangement!

more shit opens up as your shadowy quality gets higher. I think you also might need a quality from doing area diving in spite but I forget.

*just checked the wiki and you need A Name Whispered in Darkness at 4 for the main event up there.

oh, mine is 3

how do i raise it?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I don't quite grasp why you would go to Twitch to ogle women. Camsites are a thing.

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    FIRST POST FROM NEW LAPTOP @Ludious

Already installed steam

downloading stardew valley now

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Like do I need music or anything? Or should I just start trying to spend an hour every day streaming my drawing stuff?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Atlanta has the largest concentration of assholes who do a racially insulting chant at baseball games. Sadly Tallahasse owns the record for pro sports event.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

jfc

yes, the creator of the hit film Sausage Party is going to lead a roundtable of straight white cis men in a discussion of how to avoid ethnic stereotypes

i just

A panel of top toon creators — including Byron Howard ('Zootopia), Garth Jennings ('Sing'), Travis Knight ('Kubo and the Two Strings'), Mike Mitchell ('Trolls'), John Musker ('Moana') and Mark Osborne ('The Little Prince') —

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/animation-roundtable-seth-rogen-6-more-avoiding-ethnic-stereotypes-creating-ugly-cute-princ

Yeah, and, I mean.. People who want to make sure they don't fall into creating ethnic stereotypes talking about how best not to do so? Seems absolutely correct.

a round table on how to improve ethnic & gender stereotypes should probably include members of those cohorts, so the whole discussion isn't garage in -> garbage out

I'll have you know my garage is spotless.

But if you're asking "How do you avoid creating ethnic stereotypes?", why is it wrong to ask the people being accused of creating ethnic stereotypes? I mean it's literally "This is a thing white dudes are accused of doing all the time, how do you as white dudes avoid doing this?"

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    dl complete

YAY

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

people definitely do that on twitch

Yup twitch even has a complete section devoted to it, all kinds of stuff, paint, pencil, wargaming, sculpture, game dev, music making.

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Creative

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

A CB Radio (from Canada)

What's yer 20 Over?

Also no I do not have a CRT TV for the NES.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I don't quite grasp why you would go to Twitch to ogle women. Camsites are a thing.

hey man look Kaceytron is really damn attractive.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

A CB Radio (from Canada)

if you want a smokey good buddy try channel nine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1y9T4d5j2I

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

"Blameless Cleric" does it from time to time

By successfully I assume he means like as a career as the vidya nerds have been doing.

There was this dude with a calm demeanor and fro that did it for a long time.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016

more shit opens up as your shadowy quality gets higher. I think you also might need a quality from doing area diving in spite but I forget.

*just checked the wiki and you need A Name Whispered in Darkness at 4 for the main event up there.

oh, mine is 3

how do i raise it?

I think this is what you're looking for but I forget if it's an opp card or what:
    http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Making_your_Name:_Going_Up_in_the_World

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

Well, see, you want to oggle women but you also want to feel a gross since of superiority as you imagine you are better than them at video games.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Atlanta has the largest concentration of assholes who do a racially insulting chant at baseball games. Sadly Tallahasse owns the record for pro sports event.

Having grown up near tallahassee and not knowing that it was racist, you have no idea how fun that chant is to do though.....

NO SHAME

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

See, I stream on Twitch and Chaturbate simultaneously and then ignore the camera. Popularity on a given platform depends on what I arbitrarily decide to do with my computer on a given evening.

• Options

jfc

i just

a round table on how to improve ethnic & gender stereotypes should probably include members of those cohorts, so the whole discussion isn't garage in -> garbage out

But if you're asking "How do you avoid creating ethnic stereotypes?", why is it wrong to ask the people being accused of creating ethnic stereotypes? I mean it's literally "This is a thing white dudes are accused of doing all the time, how do you as white dudes avoid doing this?"

yeah, so you sit down with those white guys for sure

but you also probably bring some minorities & women to the table, since otherwise its just white guys telling other white guys how to avoid creating stereotypes, which is probably not the best idea

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

A CB Radio (from Canada)

What's yer 20 Over?

Also no I do not have a CRT TV for the NES.

Then Bad News, everyone! You're not playing Duck Hunt today. The zapper only works with a CRT.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

The other week I popped on to my friends twitch.

There were like 5 people there, 3 of which were other friends.

Of the 2 randos one instantly said "show feet or I post dick" As in his dick was a threat.

She did not show feet and he did indeed post a picture of his (honestly quite small, weird amount of confidence there) penis. He had the stream in the background of the picture. And said "i have to get the stream in there so they know it's really me"

As in this is a common thing for him to do.

People are fucked up.

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

Well, see, you want to oggle women but you also want to feel a gross since of superiority as you imagine you are better than them at video games.

Also you want a genuine response from your comments and not one you have to dump money into.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    If its not Minxy, I'm not getting a bonerinxy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    If its not Minxy, I'm not getting a bonerinxy.

...oh god why did you make me remember her.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Of the 2 randos one instantly said "show feet or I post dick" As in his dick was a threat.

She did not show feet and he did indeed post a picture of his (honestly quite small, weird amount of confidence there) penis. He had the stream in the background of the picture. And said "i have to get the stream in there so they know it's really me"

People are fucked up.

I'm working on a website, Dongr, that uses facial recognition technology to cross-reference with a library of known dick pics. Once the offender is identified, the case file is automatically forwarded to his mom and place of employment.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    am broadly worried about other people seeing how i live and concern that i won't appear to be a functional human being in january.

??
    my place is basically unfurnished, i have nothing on the walls. i moved in months ago but haven't unpacked everything. i don't have any bookshelves or anything like that and haven't put any effort into making the place look nice. i have a tv that is completely unhooked up because i don't anticipate i will ever use it

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Would a HD CRT work with an NES zapper?

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    man fuckin lost odyssey...

I loved that game but my dudes will forever be stuck in that god awful optional dungeon at the end. They live there now.

The DLC dungeon that costs a dollar?

Totally forget. All I remember is going in there before finishing the game and getting mad lost on this moving grid puzzle thing. I gave up and when I came back I couldn't find my way out. Also there were fucking fights that took a good minute or two for every 30 seconds of wandering.

I bought the dungeon like eight years ago and have never played it, so no basis for comparison, but that sounds like one that's already in-game. You're in a temple or something, it's a typical JRPG optional end-game dungeon with the strongest monsters and a super-boss at the end. Pretty sure I ended up just following a guide to get through because fuck those puzzles.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

jfc

i just

Sing?
    Oh.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWbqJ0yg5u8
    It's Kidz Bop with cartoon animals.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

jfc

i just

yeah, so you sit down with those white guys for sure

but you also probably bring some minorities & women to the table, since otherwise its just white guys telling other white guys how to avoid creating stereotypes, which is probably not the best idea

But that wasn't the question they were being asked. It was specifically, how do they as filmmakers avoid it. They're doing exactly what people want by being more ethnically and culturally sensitive and explaining how they got to that point, and getting shit on for it.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

People are fucked up.

I'm working on a website, Doxxr, that uses facial recognition technology to cross-reference with a library of known dick pics. Once the offender is identified, the case file is automatically forwarded to his mom and place of employment.

This discussion has been closed.