As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] Not-At-All Equivalent Exchange: Fullmetal Alchemist Collab

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Im closing in on that maniac rcv badge. Thanks plus egg event!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out why all you guys are suddenly interested in Central America

#nicaragua

That doesn't sound remotely similar.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    hooray i did the 3 player version

meri you can do anything~

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    hooray i did the 3 player version

meri you can do anything~

Other than survive a pre-emptive.

• Options
    i got toki, that way i'm already dead so the preemptive doesn't hit me
    or however that works

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    i should really button rogues more often, i've been doing it to finish all the fire resist latents i need for the minerva cheese team and i am getting so much extra stuff too (MP, plus eggs, super kings)

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    i should really button rogues more often, i've been doing it to finish all the fire resist latents i need for the minerva cheese team and i am getting so much extra stuff too (MP, plus eggs, super kings)

What are you buttoning for latents, what's your team?

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    How does a button team work? I have RLB and 3 hypermax Zues Dios with a fourth in the works.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    4 is overkill, you need a regular sub for the Skill Boost awakenings. Hell, I'm not sure you'd have enough of them with 3 ZDs

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Are any of the new latents worth running arena 2 for? They seem ... lackluster...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    question about skill delay latents. is that a team thing or individual monster thing?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »
    question about skill delay latents. is that a team thing or individual monster thing?
    Individual.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I usually use Cao Cao to button Rogues instead of Liu Bei because you get a lot of mileage out of Goemon and Red Odin. I'm buttoning Gainut for Red Resist Latents so I can finish the Minerva cheese team. Just need about 6 more red latents to have five on the whole team.

• Options
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    Are any of the new latents worth running arena 2 for? They seem ... lackluster...

You also get king tans for arena 2. the new stat latents are strictly better than the old ones, they are worth farming for cards you wouldn't put killer latents on necessarily (like hp latents on amatsu)

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Okay so I can faceroll Expert things, and Master tends to push my shit in.

I thiiiiiiink it's because while my team is all REM green dudes (or red sub green/green sub red) they're not like, skilled up to get me reliable/quick orb changes and such so combos can be a challenge.

Outside of "get the right REM dudes on my team" (Verdawhatsis the Norn at the moment) what's the thing to do? Level dudes to as much of cap as I can while fishing/waiting to get my hands on proper subs? Not quite clear on what the first "get stronger" step is, team-wise.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    If your cards aren't max level, spam the dragon dungeons every day until you get them there. After that, work on awakenings and skillups. Just getting everyone to max level should allow you to start making headway into Master.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    If your cards aren't max level, spam the dragon dungeons every day until you get them there. After that, work on awakenings and skillups. Just getting everyone to max level should allow you to start making headway into Master.

Indeed they aren't, cool, thanks. I've been reluctant to invest too much into the couple-three I know I want to replace, but it's only stam/creds.

So, so many green dragons needed. So many.

Edit: Is the Ronia/King Baddie x2/other devils thing still good? Google bickers over it.

dporowski on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Indeed they aren't, cool, thanks. I've been reluctant to invest too much into the couple-three I know I want to replace, but it's only stam/creds.

Edit: Is the Ronia/King Baddie x2/other devils thing still good? Google bickers over it.

Not really, but old content hasn't changed, so you can still do what they used to do

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

Not really, but old content hasn't changed, so you can still do what they used to do

Well, good to know anyway.

I suspect that I don't even know what new content looks like, and once I make 5 of the same kind of dude fat enough, I can smash most of the things, yeah? Like, the discussion about composition and strategy is so far beyond where I am that I can't even see the ballpark from here?

• Options
    I cleared A1 tonight for the first time. I'm a man now.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I think all of the Arena things still have the 'new' marker on them for me. Unless I got really bored and wanted to waste stamina one time...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    with today's power creep arena 1 has become much more a test of your skill/familiarity with the dungeon and much less a test of how you can push an ideal team. pretty much any reincarnated god can smash it into bits with workable subs. the main thing you need is a delay/way to deal with resolves, a full board change, and maybe a shield if your leader is paper thin to deal with a ~40k preemptive from Divine Queen Hera.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I cleared with a perfect Revo Kushinadahime team.

Rekush (Susano)
    R Haku (Karin)
    R Haku (Hathor)
    R Haku (Carat)
    B Valk (Raijin)
    Rekush (Ruroni Kenshin Fujin active)

Was really happy that I was able to successfully combo through the whole dungeon, mostly putting up 6 or 7 combos. Hathor giving all that extra move time really helped on F19 and F20.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    I'm sure I don't have the proper team for it. On top of no desire to stare at a confusing and complicated webpage for a few hours just to figure out how to play the dungeon.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm sure I don't have the proper team for it. On top of no desire to stare at a confusing and complicated webpage for a few hours just to figure out how to play the dungeon.

You probably do have a capable team for it, TBH.

Also there are only a few enemies in this dungeon where I wouldn't know their skills from having played them in other dungeons.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Well, good to know anyway.

I suspect that I don't even know what new content looks like, and once I make 5 of the same kind of dude fat enough, I can smash most of the things, yeah? Like, the discussion about composition and strategy is so far beyond where I am that I can't even see the ballpark from here?

Pretty much. Ronia buffs devils, so stack devils on your team and go nuts. IIRC (it's been a while), King Baddie's skill also buffs devils (plus they are devils and easy to get/evo/setup). Combined, you should get through most Normals. I suspect that KoG may be your only stumbling block; but that may not even be likely at this point.

• Options
    I cleared A1 tonight for the first time. I'm a man now.

Where do I even find that, anyways?

• Options
    Technical dungeons, ultimate arena, bipolar goddess 1, 99 stam

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

You probably do have a capable team for it, TBH.

Also there are only a few enemies in this dungeon where I wouldn't know their skills from having played them in other dungeons.

I'm sure there's one random all important team member I'm missing for whatever leader I pick. Or a perfect team with no leader.

The page for the dungeon is so long they added expand buttons for every monster. And every floor seems to be random. I guess you could just make a team for one specific set of encounters and keep trying until you get lucky. Back to the 'only if I want to waste stamina' option then.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    you are vastly exaggerating how hard arena 1 is and how much padx can help you clear it

the only way to learn is to spend stamina once in a while and try to get as far as you can. there's probably nothing more valuable to spend stamina on since the reward for being able to reliably clear arena 1 is the most useful material in the game.

sure, you're gonna die, but that doesn't matter if the goal was to learn

• Options

What unlocks it?

• Options
    I was pretty intimidated by the arenas but when I finally got the courage to try them, I cleared arena 1 and 2 on the first try.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Pretty much only Arena 3 is left to me and I don't really feel a need to run it because radar dragons drop more reliably in their guerillas. I guess for killer latents? But those are starting to be rewards now so again not too appealing. Arena 1 is a good source of pys though when I have some spare stamina. Slot in Aizen, get in coop with the alt, and blow through. Coop trivializes the whole thing.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

What unlocks it?

Just climbing up the Technical Dungeons. Go to the top, click on whatever one still says "new!" and work your way up. They can all be coop'd, so if you get really stuck you can probably get carried.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

What unlocks it?

Paradise of the Holy Beasts. If you find someone to host it in MP then you can skip all stuff needed to unlock that too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    arena 3 is a horrible slog and i only ever do it in coop or with the minerva cheese setup (mine isn't even "perfected" yet and it's still completely fine)

• Options
    Walt wrote: »
    arena 3 is a horrible slog and i only ever do it in coop or with the minerva cheese setup (mine isn't even "perfected" yet and it's still completely fine)

I need to make that team. I have all the parts I think.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I've still never beaten arena because I'm trash.

Now that both of my accounts have Dathena, I should take another stab...

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    I had to spend 2 stones on my alt to get through one-shot challenge. I got the green dragon and that was the one I wanted. He's so useful on Liu Bei teams since they struggle with skill binds.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Arena 1 checklist

A way to deal with Sopdet if he spawns in floor 13

All the spawns in floor 15 suck but can be delayed

DQ Hera on floor 19 has a 39k preemptive hit

Kalis on floor 20 need to be burst or gravity under 65% on turn 1 and/or A big shield to tank the hit.

All you really need is a friend with Fujin inherit, delay, shield(or leader skill with decent tank), good burst damage.

steam_sig.png